Weapon Sharding

Options
Lenyel - Harshlands
Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Well i started to think about the possibility to shard magic weapons with Alabaster Shards (Metal Dmgs).

For example, an Immaculate Sapphire (G8) gives a +32 M.Atk on weapon, while a G8 Alabaster gives +64 Metal Dmgs.

The matter is simple, you must chosse between max the power of metal nukes (cyclone, wield thunder, ....tempest) while letting down physical nukes/heals, or get an average advantage in all of these.

It is prolly all a matter of balance it, and understand how much that +32 m.atk can influence the healing power (imho just few HP every IH) and the power of physical nukes (that is generally very low, at least till you get plume sage/demon), and how much can increase the metal damage dealt from metal nukes (a way more powerful) using a shard that doubles the weapon M.Atk increase.

What do you think about this?

PS all assuming that +64 metal damages would be considered like +64 weapon m.atk APPLIED only on metal skills.
Post edited by Lenyel - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Far as i know, it wont.....sadly.
    b:dirty
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i would put metal shards on weapon only if going demon.
    with demon wield thunder damage become really huge
  • InfamousVuk - Sanctuary
    InfamousVuk - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As far as I know, elemental damage shards will only add physical damage to the weapon.
    So if you add an Alabaster shard your target will recieve more metal damage if you stand next to it and whack it with your sword.

You are better of using the Saphires for total magic damage increase
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As far as I know, elemental damage shards will only add physical damage to the weapon.
    So if you add an Alabaster shard your target will recieve more metal damage if you stand next to it and whack it with your sword.

b:shocked I didn't really know this b:shocked very thanks then...
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Pretty Much. In fact element shards don't add damage whenever they are used with skills, even if they are a BM's melee skills for example (in which case you'd need Garnets to add patk.)
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

^ this ^

Is correct, I have even tested it on the fb89 elemental resist bosses.

I put a fire dmg shard in my weapon and used it on the ninetails boss (resists fire dmg) and the only time it said resist..... was when i ran up and hit it with my sword.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So what about archers that shard Xbows with those shards, trying to increase the damage output of their metal skills? It also doesn't work?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No, because their metal attacks are skills. Elemental shards do not affect skills.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ouch.

Noob question then. When i put a shard on a weapon (example, a G8 sapphire that gives +32 m.atk), it is like if the weapon m.atk would increase by 32, right?
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not 100% sure but I think it would add more.

I was playing around with different magic rings yesterday and I calculated that each +1 point of magic attack on eq added about 5.5 magic attack (whilst buffed) in my stats window. I think the is a formula somewhere that will tell you because from what I remember its is dependant on your lvl and magic stat. Not 100% sure though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not 100% sure but I think it would add more.

I was playing around with different magic rings yesterday and I calculated that each +1 point of magic attack on eq added about 5.5 magic attack (whilst buffed) in my stats window. I think the is a formula somewhere that will tell you because from what I remember its is dependant on your lvl and magic stat. Not 100% sure though.

Well, the equipment m.atk is moltiplied passing throught MAG and lvl (there is a formula >.>), what i meant is if that 32 m.atk is added to weapon m.atk (so to equipment m.atk) so like it is :)

Example, a 700-750 m.atk weapon, with a G8 sapphire, becomes like it would be if it were a 732-782?
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes i believe so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?