Socket Stones

Options
turdchucker
turdchucker Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I think its kinda wierd that socket stones cost so much in game. If you have lvl 60 3* equipment you cant afford to put a socket in it. Of course there are people that can afford it. But its kinda strange that PWI wouldnt want more people to beable to put sockets in a weapon or armor. As much as the shards cost to make and buy. At least the ones that are worth a ****. Like shards that add damage. Unless you spend a butt load of coin your not going to get much. Whats adding 20 to damage guna do when you do any where from 700 to 14000 damage? Not alot ,even if u have 3 shards in your weapon. I know that PWi is out to make money, not make the game as good as it could be. But I find the game would be way better if people could afford some of the things that make the game funner. What do you people think?
Post edited by turdchucker on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Do you even realize how many people become happy if they produce a 2 socket GX? or any 2 socket Legendary weapon. The chances to successfully produce 2 socket weapons of any kind is what? 10%? I certainly wouldn't want everybody to be running around with a weapon that actually took luck to produce for a cheap sum of money. I don't think 1/10 luck should equal like what? 100k? It's just not fair <.<. And please, if you're fighting someone with a +250 (2 grade 11 attack shards) GX barb without a GX with the same shards with the same HP, guess whose charm will die first? Damages stack over time. It's worth even more to fist/claw blademasters, and maybe high interval slingshot archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But I find the game would be way better if people could afford some of the things that make the game funner. What do you people think?
    I think lots and lots of people can afford "things that make the game funner". Take a look around any of the servers and you'll see people with equipment tweaked to the nines, and you know what? They didn't even have to pay a dime of real-life money to do it!

Basically, what you're really asking is, "Why don't they make everything in the game pathetically easy to get? That way there's no challenge and people who have been playing for two weeks can be just as powerful as people who have played for a year."

My response is: because that would be really boring and pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i dont think i ever manufactured a 2 socket weapon ever threw legendary molds or TT mats.

BUT your talking about adding sockets to a level 60? really at level 60 you'll be level 70 in no times and spending the money on flawless shards (regular price) and socket stones so you can have alittle bit more attack while your hand glows is just not worth the time, effort or money. Levels go by too fast to worry about such expenses at a lower level. Wait and Socket Stone your 90+ stuff. At that point it'll be well worth the money you spent on them.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i Dont Think I Ever Manufactured A 2 Socket Weapon Ever Threw Legendary Molds Or Tt Mats.

But Your Talking About Adding Sockets To A Level 60? Really At Level 60 You'll Be Level 70 In No Times And Spending The Money On Flawless Shards (regular Price) And Socket Stones So You Can Have Alittle Bit More Attack While Your Hand Glows Is Just Not Worth The Time, Effort Or Money.levels go by too fast to worry about such expenses at a lower level. wait and socket stone your 90 stuff.
    ^^.. this..^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yeah wait till lvl90 when 4th socket for armor is 1000 stones and weapon is 8000 for 2nd socket :)

i got lucky with all 3 socket hh90 armor and 1 peice was 4 socket, weapon was made 2 socket b:victory

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    edited October 2009
    Options
    exileddw wrote: »
    1 peice was 4 socket, weapon was made 2 socket b:victory

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

thats insane lucky. *jealous*

I already started on my 90 stuff.. and my first peice of armor was lowest stat and 2 sockets lol.. i wanted to kick someone.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lolz 2 socket low stat.............................. *makes fun of bunny *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lolz 2 socket low stat.............................. *makes fun of bunny *

thankzzzzzzzzzzzz.. .

but wait.. i'll have a good day and i'll go on a 4 socket high stat streak for the next 3 peices....... followed by a year of the worst luck you can ever imagine.
    thats my kind of luck right there.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    failedThread.jpg
  • turdchucker
    turdchucker Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I find that alot of what you people say is true. But im not talking about making High lvl sockets easyer to get. Just if you do go threw the lvl 60's so fast it. Why not make it easyer or half way affordable. As it is now you can buy a HH lvl 60 weapon for what it cost to socket a lvl 60 weapon or any item 3* at that lvl. Its seems kinda strange. Thats all. Im not trying to ruin the game for all the higher lvls.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    only time i ever thought about buying socket stones was hh90 weapon/legendary 90 or makin my armor 4 socket for electric effect from 4 immaculate hp shards. before that i dont think it really necessary unless u plan to stay 8x/7x for awhile
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I find that alot of what you people say is true. But im not talking about making High lvl sockets easyer to get. Just if you do go threw the lvl 60's so fast it. Why not make it easyer or half way affordable. As it is now you can buy a HH lvl 60 weapon for what it cost to socket a lvl 60 weapon or any item 3* at that lvl. Its seems kinda strange. Thats all. Im not trying to ruin the game for all the higher lvls.

I just chose not to worry about sockets in the 6x range, because of what you just mentioned...never regretted it or wished for more sockets. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."