5 sujestions NEW INTERACTIONS veno forms MORE :D

XXHazieraXx - Harshlands
XXHazieraXx - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I have a few sujestions,

1. Is that we have new interactions between people. For examle, making an Emote where you dont have to jump into someones arms to kiss/hug.Hold hands cuddle you no :D

2. fix charater costomisations, so that when you re-set or preset, it doesn't loose sync. you char doesnt end up with a fat **** and a small head

3.Untammed should transform into the creature they are, for example, a cat should transform into a jaguar leopard maybe even a cat?, not a fox. and the bat veno becomes a bat... but cant fly to hight only as high as a jump so its not unfair :D

4.bladeMaters should look the way they are made, i have noticed that they only look different when you click on them. The same for winged elves. Cuz they arnt like venos and barbs like wolf and Fox but maybe you can do anything about that

5.We should try and find a way. to make the west district of Archosaur less lagging. It makes it hard to function even with a high net copacity and all setting turned down.

I think this is all for now. But i hope a change does happen, sooner or later. it would make Perfect world much more interesting. and more fun.
:D comment comment comment :D:D:Db:cute
Post edited by XXHazieraXx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Garivald - Sanctuary
    Garivald - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hehe yea, i changed my guy to a panda resently i would love to be a panda when i transform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Panda on fire=Panda PWNAGE
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hehe yea, i changed my guy to a panda resently i would love to be a panda when i transform

theres something with what the fox and white tiger stands for thats why they have it like that =\ i believe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Garivald - Sanctuary
    Garivald - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i knew that. i would just like a panda :) besides my girl would love to be on her giant fuzzy panda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Panda on fire=Panda PWNAGE
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    4.bladeMaters should look the way they are made, i have noticed that they only look different when you click on them. The same for winged elves. Cuz they arnt like venos and barbs like wolf and Fox but maybe you can do anything about that

Check under your UI settings, you might have customizations turned off.

As far as for everything else, I agree. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've made posts about your third suggestion before:
    Creating all the new transformations would take a lot of time, and I'm not even sure it could be done. There would have to be some sort of function that could detect which skin you were using, which could be extremely difficult, if not impossible, due to the vast amount of possible combinations from the character design. Even if all that could be done, we'd have to go over to China and get them to let us change the game in that way. Because of copyrights and all.

And then my in-depth explanation of why it's simply easier to do it the way it is now...
    Yes, I'm sure it could. However, the optional animals would still have to be programmed into the game before that could happen. As it stands, only the fox and tiger forms are programmed and creating the new ones would still be a long road. It would also require modifying the transformation skill so that it could return the appropriate model when used.

To illustrate, I'll use some general Basic code since it's easy to understand. This is what the coding to call up the tiger form would look like now:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBTiger
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError
    END IF

That would be the basic IF statement to change forms. SUBTiger would be the subroutine to call up the tiger model, SUBNormal would be the subroutine to return to your normal character, and SUBError is the fail safe should a value other than 1 or 0 be called for the TrueForm$ variable (personally, I would use a GOTO operator to return to the beginning of the statement and start over). This IF statement would most likely be within a subroutine of it's own which would later return variable information from either SUBTiger or SUBNormal back into the main program.

Now, to modify it to do what we want, calling up another animal, it would need to be changed to this:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBAnimal
    >CALL SUBTransform
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError1
    END IF

SUBAnimal
    >IF Animal$ = "Wolf" THEN
    >>CALL SUBWolf
    >IF Animal$ = "Lion" THEN
    >>CALL SUBLion
    >IF Animal$ = "Panda" THEN
    >>CALL SUBPanda
    >IF Animal$ = "Tiger" THEN
    >>CALL SUBTiger
    >ELSE
    >>CALL SUBError2
    >END IF
    RETURN Animal$
    END SUB

In this example, I've shown the subroutine that compares the variable data. The Animal$ variable is returned, not to the main program, but to the point right before CALL SUBTransform. SUBTransform would then process Animal$ and determine which model to load and the model data would be sent to the main program from there.

This little section of code took me ten minutes tops to type out. This is only a simple way of showing the general idea and is in absolutely no way how the real coding is written. I surmise that the actual code is much, much more complicated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it be nice if i could ride my Reindeer in Foxform.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Tartara - Dreamweaver
    Tartara - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe, in mythology the white tiger and the red fox were mentioned to be sacred animals of the vixen and the barbarian. That is why they transform into these animals.

Also, learn to spell.
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've made posts about your third suggestion before:

And then my in-depth explanation of why it's simply easier to do it the way it is now...

With object oriented programming, this would be much simpler. Venomancer would have a "class" (C++ term for an object, this would vary based on programming language used). The class would have virtual functions to transform into an animal, and then back to human form. When you create your Venomancer, it would create the object; venomancer.(animal type). Upon creation of this object, the virtual functions are defined specifically to your chosen animal type. As such, the calls to transform would be as simple as calling venomancer.bat.aminalform & then venomancer.bat.humanform. It wouldnt need any if/elseif/elseif/endif lines of coding as the appropriate transformation calls would be embedded into the character.

In simple terms, your example of basic programming shows that the players chosen human form is saved with character data. Object oriented programming associates not only properties, but functions as well into the object (player data). And these objects are easily passed around. Most programming now-a-days is done object oriented rather than algorithmic.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe, in mythology the white tiger and the red fox were mentioned to be sacred animals of the vixen and the barbarian. That is why they transform into these animals.

Also, learn to spell.

Chinese mythology, but yes. This game originates from Chinese mythology, so they won't change this function.

But I am very intrigued by these terms such as 'sujestions'.
    Please do continue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With object oriented programming, this would be much simpler. Venomancer would have a "class" (C++ term for an object, this would vary based on programming language used). The class would have virtual functions to transform into an animal, and then back to human form. When you create your Venomancer, it would create the object; venomancer.(animal type). Upon creation of this object, the virtual functions are defined specifically to your chosen animal type. As such, the calls to transform would be as simple as calling venomancer.bat.aminalform & then venomancer.bat.humanform. It wouldnt need any if/elseif/elseif/endif lines of coding as the appropriate transformation calls would be embedded into the character.

In simple terms, your example of basic programming shows that the players chosen human form is saved with character data. Object oriented programming associates not only properties, but functions as well into the object (player data). And these objects are easily passed around. Most programming now-a-days is done object oriented rather than algorithmic.

That's all true. I used Basic because it's easier for common people to understand (not everyone here does programming so very few people would understand what you just said). My point was that it's easier now than it would be to add the other forms. Also, I'm pretty sure the different forms would be linked to the skill rather than the character data, so it's just a matter of replacing the player model with the animal model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality