squads

Options
Webby - Dreamweaver
Webby - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
I am in dreamweaver of course and im playing a cleric, I've been in other squads and kilsl count fine, but is anyone else having issues with squad item drops? like you and your squad partner had the same item quest drop from the monster that your killing? and one of you gets and the other doesn't? Below is what happend to me 20 minutes ago...

Im a lvl 45 cleric the monsters droppign the item are lvl 51 tauroc Commanders, so i squaded up i needed 15 heaven wear fragments. Other people in my squad were getting the item, but i was not. i still have 0/15 and one person finished. another person in squad only got 2. yet i still had 0, the squad distribution was random. but we found it all odd, that the quest didn't say it had to be soloed. and one person was getting a lot of heavenwear fragments, one person a little and me zilch. i also sent a bug /support email... But i figured i'd post here also.
Post edited by Webby - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there are some quest you can't not do when squad or it'll take forever if you do. i think your doing the 1 that i did i was in a squad for like 2 hrs before i relized that you can't be in a squad to get the item
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If I remember right, there are more then a few quests that are like that. It is more the "drop" rate of the item you need then anything. Just because in a squad, does not mean that you will all get the item together.
    b:surrender

<----this has been my experiance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when ever i have been in a squad since i started playing and we both needed the same drop we all got it and finished at the same time... its been that way since i started playing a month ago...
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when ever i have been in a squad since i started playing and we both needed the same drop we all got it and finished at the same time... its been that way since i started playing a month ago...

high lvl quest making it harder thats the way the game is it gets harder and it's a drop rate like what redrose said but have you tryed to do the quest with out being in a squad?
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if i try to kill without being in a squad i die .
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    high lvl quest making it harder thats the way the game is it gets harder and it's a drop rate like what redrose said but have you tryed to do the quest with out being in a squad?

Thats not really the issue as the other members were getting the drops.

I think it is the drop rate tbh.

There are a ton of quests for like 10 things that will have you kill like 50+ to get item b:sad

IH --> Plume Shell --> Attack --> Attack --> IH

rinse and repeat....heal yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

are you having problems with other 1s also or just this 1 quest? but redrose is right it can be the drop rate
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    just this particular quest. but why would the drop rate, factor in? I mean if one gets it wouldn't we all? As has happend befored in squad if one person got it we both did in our quest total.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    just this particular quest. but why would the drop rate, factor in? I mean if one gets it wouldn't we all? As has happend befored in squad if one person got it we both did in our quest total.

Not always. Suc's I know, but that is the way it is. Has happened to me where I finish mine and rest of squad is not done and visa versa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

i think i know what quest your talking about that quest it takes forever to get drops in thats the quest where it took me 2 hrs with a squad member before i relized i can't be in squad or have help idk if that is the case but if it's the quets i think your doing that 1 takes forever to get drops in
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    alrighty going to log in and try again thanks all for your input...
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    alrighty going to log in and try again thanks all for your input...

np and good luck! b:victory
  • shrimpybryan
    shrimpybryan Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont want to double post, but i just posted the answer to this problem in the glithc thread in which you also posted
This discussion has been closed.