Coin Sink

Nelanther - Lost City
Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I can only assume that the intention of the coin boxes was to keep gold at around 180k since any higher than 200k would make the boxes useless. Therefore one of two things has to happen in order for the coin boxes to have any value.

1. A coin sink is implemented to lower the price of gold.

2. Perfect hammers go on sale.

Obviously we all want the former rather than the latter.

My questions to the GM's is, will a coin sink be implemented to lower gold to under 200k? Or is runaway inflation an inevitability?
Post edited by Nelanther - Lost City on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    moving this to the suggestions forum. That's more of a game design question, so we cannot give a confirmed answer
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Uh oh, I hope I didn't give anyone the idea of a Perfect Hammer sale. That's not my intention. I would be the happiest PW player ever if even for 1 day an NPC sold dragon orbs and/or socket stones.
  • Zirrila - Heavens Tear
    Zirrila - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'd be happy if they did away with the hammers all together *sigh* but that's never going to happen. b:sad
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They should sell dragon orbs at the NPC for 50kea....

Drains coins from economy and removes a LOT of demand for gold.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

Also ---> Those Chest of Coins -.-.....I think I am close to having 80 of them....zzzzzz....with Gold prices they have not even been worth it at all. I think something should be done but not sure if this would decrease coins in the market....LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    In order for the boxes to be openable there has to be a lot less coins in the game. OR if hammers were to go on sale, the potential exists that gold could be driven up to say 500k per gold (if Perfect Hammers were on sale for 2 gold). This would simutainiously raise the demand for gold and drive up the amount of in game coin. In other words the perfect storm of suckage. Actually I can't think of a more dispicable scenario.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    In order for the boxes to be openable there has to be a lot less coins in the game. OR if hammers were to go on sale, the potential exists that gold could be driven up to say 500k per gold (if Perfect Hammers were on sale for 2 gold). This would simutainiously raise the demand for gold and drive up the amount of in game coin. In other words the perfect storm of suckage. Actually I can't think of a more dispicable scenario.

Could be funny b:chuckle

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009

b:quietYour going to give them ideas.

I had like 20 chest of coins managed to sell all of em for 50kea.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You should give them to people you PK, sort of like Sadness cards.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What if they where to make a hammer that could be bought at a NPC to be used on the coin boxes? Or just do away with the coin boxes?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What if they where to make a hammer that could be bought at a NPC to be used on the coin boxes? Or just do away with the coin boxes?

Yes, you will be able to buy the hammer at the Duke. It will sell for 1,000,001 coins.

See? A very small coin drain :)

Although, to be honest, best way, at least in HT would be for everyone to just send me their extra coins. I would hold on to them, therefore creating the illusion of a coin sink.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1. A coin sink is implemented to lower the price of gold.
    Talking about sinking coins is somewhat useless. In the past few months all PWI did was force more coins into the game, unbalancing the game market. If there were 10 billion coins (for the purpose of comparison) before this anniv gift sale, its probly now in the trillion margin.

Non-rewarding chest boxes...anniv gift to pwi pack sale. They both flood/flooded game with coins in a massive scale. You can be sure PWI never had any intention of draining coins in any way from the game.
    More coins = higher gold/market price = the richer cash shoppers will get with better gold/coin ratio = more zen sales. Its a basic strategy: Widden the gap between common players and cash shoppers to make buying zen more appealing and thus profit higher.
    2. Perfect hammers go on sale.
    Players would stack up for weeks and when the sale came, everyone would rush to buy gold to open chests. Result would be gold going high in less than an hour to break the new hammer price and make chest coins useless once more and at the same time making everything else more expensive.

Only people that would make any money would be those who 'somehow' manage to know about sales before they are announced.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Now I officialy like you. That's exactly what I was thinking. The reason the gold just raises in price and never comes down is because everything that you need/want is the boutique. Millons, or probably billions, of coins have been inyected into our economy, and nothing is enough to drain them. All the big transctions are made in gold exchange, and that's only an interchange of currencies. The AH's taxes do pretty much nothing to drain coins.

Developers need to make an event where you can get really cool items, or have the change to get them but only if you use coins (no guardian scroll lamer).
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Ahhh thanks.

Won't happen though, doesn't matter how bad things in-game get. The game can go to hell for all PWE cares, as long as they are making money then it's all good.

Only way you would ever be able to get things fixed in-game would be if cash shoppers decided to stop buying gold until PWE things fixed. Which will never happen.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    It was epic when the "Wallet" was down though and people could not transfer Zhen b:chuckle

The market freaked...prices went sky high....

b:surrender Still remember the convulsing bodies all over Arch from not having their Gold fix for the day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    OMG I HAVE TO GRIND WITHOUT A MIJI WHAT AM I GOING TO DOasas
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    If the developers were truly evil they would remove teleport fees and crazy stone fees. These things only purpose is to drain coins from the market to keep inflation from getting out of hand. There is an intention to balance the economy, it is what gives me hope that someone somewhere cares at least to some extent.