NOTICE to all Gold Buyers

Options

Comments

• Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would also stop these pointless threads on gold prices.

very true .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would also stop these pointless threads on gold prices.
    Good point.

But you still have the problem of PKers, so no more PK either. Plus, you also have the problem of KSers, so we better make everything instances so everybody gets their own mobs.

Oh, and people spam WC, and "steal" drops, and run scam catshops, and are rude. So better keep everybody separate.

If only somebody could figure out a way to make an RPG without any multi-player interaction allowed, then it would truly be a Perfect World. Oh well, maybe some day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good point.

But you still have the problem of PKers, so no more PK either. Plus, you also have the problem of KSers, so we better make everything instances so everybody gets their own mobs.

Oh, and people spam WC, and "steal" drops, and run scam catshops, and are rude. So better keep everybody separate.

If only somebody could figure out a way to make an RPG without any multi-player interaction allowed, then it would truly be a Perfect World. Oh well, maybe some day...

I tried one of those before, but all the people around the starter area just made me lag too much. b:surrender
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good point.

I like your style, post of the dayb:chuckle
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have thought of one other option... though it temporarily hurts PWI pocket... but in the long run would do them a tremendous good...

If PWI dumped gold into AH at some arbitrary amount say $150000, All sellers above that level would have to come down. Yes... people would temporarily stop buying gold with real life money, but they would also waste lots of gold on the Boutique Shop :)

Bottom line is that the PERCEPTION of the "value" of coin per gold would be reestablished and the market could once again start it's natural inflationary course.

Ultimately, people would still buy Gold with real money, after they had spent all their gold in the Boutique Shop.
  • TroubleDD - Dreamweaver
    TroubleDD - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why complain? I can earn 3mil a day by doing solo TT runs all of about 2 hours of my time.........How long does it take for someone in real life to earn that $1 your spending? Probably alot harder than it was for you to earn that coin. Granted 5 or 600k per gold is a little crazy but why complain about 250k per gold? 4 Gold for 1mil think thats a bargain considering just how easy it is to make the coin compared to the actual cash someone spends..... Just think before you compalin. I spend maybe $30 a month cash on this game and i have epic equips for my charecter, why? Because im not afraid to grind for coin i can go kill a few mobs or do a quest and walk away with 2 or 300k hmm easy. How much do you earn for 8 hours worth of work? $100 maybe? Think about that guys come on its a game we all get for free and to speak of you would never have to spend a dime but played the right way you could have some of the best gear possible......b:victoryb:chuckle
  • JOSH_THEBOSS - Dreamweaver
    JOSH_THEBOSS - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Here Here. I dont like gold prices. But seeing as how the real world economy sucks atm. Ill happilt do TT runs or grind my **** off for the next thing i want. Im not rich but i get by. I buy the things I want and just because its not right when it comes out, I get it. So if you wanna complain. Dont. Its not that bad.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Please understand... I'm not complaining... I can live with 500k gold prices if that's what they're going to be...

BUT. I started this post to say... now's a good time to bring that down, IF THAT IS THE WILL OF THE PLAYING COMMUNITY. :)

I've spent much real money on this game, happily. I've also grinded endlessly :) So, I can live with whatever, but just figure if a change is desired... now's the best time to make it.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    people who play online games aren't that intelligent

blanket statements ftw! b:laugh

Doesn't that include you and the magic hamster?
    b:shocked
    b:sad
    (T.T)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think That as Long as every1 is norman human's i dont care what you say most people on here will complain about gold prices but when they go and buy gold i think most people wil sell it for a high price cuz face it most people in this game like money lol also look at it this was with the gold being so high it saves alot of players that need alot of money put in the toons like archers most archers you see in 80-90 will have like +7-10 refineing so they can keep up with the low hitpoints i think i did my math right but for an archer 2 be maxed and have really good gear for 90+ they would have 2 spend 1000$+++ rl money ... sorry off topic.

as long as people play this game there will be high gold prices face it people like money
  • Kahltriss - Heavens Tear
    Kahltriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I *LOVE* seeing gold at 400k each, because I'm not expecting to be able to play the game for free, and when I do decide to drop $10 in now and then, it makes me a LOT of money just turning around and selling my gold for coins.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for the people that are demanding that free-players get treated with kid-gloves compared to those who are willing to actually help fund the company.

I've paid $50 for games which require a $15 per month subscription cost, plus charge for expansion packs. I've been subjected to NONE of this while playing PWI, so dropping $10 every couple of months doesn't feel like a big "rip off" to me, like it seems to for the free-riders.

You still get every benefit the paid players get, you just have to put in a bit more time to get it now.

Deal with it or do some chores to increase your allowance.
  • LordRaptor - Heavens Tear
    LordRaptor - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    finance disaster in world, finance disaster in PWI
    rofl
    Equipment
    ☆Armor of the Assassin
    ☆Decaying Snow Shinguards
    ☆General's Bracers
    ☆Skywalker Shoes
    ☆Broad Land
    ☆Attendance Ring
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I *LOVE* seeing gold at 400k each, because I'm not expecting to be able to play the game for free, and when I do decide to drop $10 in now and then, it makes me a LOT of money just turning around and selling my gold for coins.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for the people that are demanding that free-players get treated with kid-gloves compared to those who are willing to actually help fund the company.

I've paid $50 for games which require a $15 per month subscription cost, plus charge for expansion packs. I've been subjected to NONE of this while playing PWI, so dropping $10 every couple of months doesn't feel like a big "rip off" to me, like it seems to for the free-riders.

You still get every benefit the paid players get, you just have to put in a bit more time to get it now.

Yeah, I got the impression the ones who couldn't take it quit by now (Is that a good thing o_O?), and most don't even troll the forums to complain anymore.

So anyways...that still doesn't change the fact that this game just got much more expensive to play for many of us :). But hey, I'm glad you're happy.

~~~

As for players controlling their Gold Buying, it would be nice, assuming players were organized, and weren't willing to undercut each other for a nickel. I mean if cartels in the real world between a handful of partners fall apart, what hope is there to try to control the price of Gold between several thousand people, who can't even communicate clearly with each other? Add to this the fact that PW helps to set Gold Prices with things like Coin Boxes, and Best Luck Tokens, and the players have little hope.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I "drop in 10$" every so often too, but I'd far rather have gold at around 150k per. Simple reason being, my $10 wouldn't get me very far. Inflated dragon orbs, charms, angels, tt mats, mounts and clothing is gonna cost me a huge amount more than the measly few million I'll get from my $10.

With gold at 100k I could sell 10$ zen for coin and buy, a few gold charms, a couple of dragon orbs and mebbe a GA or 2. With gold at 1m, I could buy....well.... the exact same. Just because your coin is a "big number" doesn't mean you're rich if the economies inflated.
  • DieselBlack - Lost City
    DieselBlack - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im currently buying gold from gold trading for 100k per and not a coin over if everyone joins in on that the price will come down but it has to be a community effort one person willing to pay more will spoil it for all.Think to yourself would u rather pay 100k for something or pay 300k for the same item the amount u pay for that item doesnt make it any prettier or shinier just because there is millions to spend does that mean u really want to spend those millions?

im doing the same but here's why gold prices and everything will be high it's the G&S syndrome Greed and Stupidity i call it ppl greedy enough to set it that high and ppl Stupid enough to pay that high price.I say stupid b/c they can get more gold for what they pay if they bought it at 100k-150k vs 400-500k I support the buy at 100k action in lost city server so EVERYONE GO DO EETb:victory
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Good point.

My solution only covers in solving the impossible prices for gold which can somewhat be controlled in the game if the AH was set to fix the selling and buying rate for 100k only and nothing else. Everyhting else you put can't really be solved because that is something the system can't control, people acting immature. However, AH is something PWI can control and if they implement the BUY/SELL section of the AH to be a fixed price of only 100k, it can work.

I doubt players will leave the game, so many "ruined-game-situations where people expected the playerbase to reduce such as introduction of genies, nerfed genies, nerfed skills, overpowered pets, introduction of future tideborns etc etc. I still see the people who threatened to leave playing around. So i wouldnt worry about losing players over this change.

Sure it is a drastic change but like everything else that was meant to "ruin" the game, days later it was just accepted and life goes on in PWI
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Also i believe that the TW glitch of factions owning more land than they are permitted to give an unfair advantage allowing large land owning factions easy get-rich-quick method so since they have all that money they can buy any crazy amount of gold for any price. Once this glitch is settled i'm pretty sure it will somewhat improve gold prices
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I doubt players will leave the game, so many "ruined-game-situations where people expected the playerbase to reduce such as introduction of genies, nerfed genies, nerfed skills, overpowered pets, introduction of future tideborns etc etc. I still see the people who threatened to leave playing around. So i wouldnt worry about losing players over this change.

This is true with the current gold prices, there is really nothing wrong with current prices. As you so well stated, all the "ruined-game-situations" were just people complaining, same with this thread.

I see people that said they were leaving months ago still around, nothing new. I also see lots of new players, so even if some leave, more will join.

I still think PW should remove gold buying with in-game coins, and just leave the ability sell the CS items themselves. That would reduce the complaining....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im currently buying gold from gold trading for 100k per and not a coin over if everyone joins in on that the price will come down but it has to be a community effort one person willing to pay more will spoil it for all.Think to yourself would u rather pay 100k for something or pay 300k for the same item the amount u pay for that item doesnt make it any prettier or shinier just because there is millions to spend does that mean u really want to spend those millions?

This^

If all of you refuse to pay a cent over 100k each, the prices will drop down to 100k each. If people are selling gold wish to make any money from it, they will drop their prices, and if they don't drop their prices, then no one will buy from them, they will buy from the ppl selling at 100k each.

So be strong, PW pplz. Don't buy overpriced gold, set it as 100k each. Sure it'll take a bit for prices to drop (people getting over their greed and realising 500k per gold is rediculous will take time to change their views, so we can't just expect sellers to drop prices that much that fast) but it's well worth it in the end. GL to us all! :)
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This^

If all of you refuse to pay a cent over 100k each, the prices will drop down to 100k each. If people are selling gold wish to make any money from it, they will drop their prices, and if they don't drop their prices, then no one will buy from them, they will buy from the ppl selling at 100k each.

So be strong, PW pplz. Don't buy overpriced gold, set it as 100k each. Sure it'll take a bit for prices to drop (people getting over their greed and realising 500k per gold is rediculous will take time to change their views, so we can't just expect sellers to drop prices that much that fast) but it's well worth it in the end. GL to us all! :)

Actually nobody will sell gold at this price due to the chest of coins giving 1m coins and only requiring 5 gold to open (hammer). Essentially they can "sell" gold this way for 200k a gold making gold worth a minimum of 200k no matter what.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This^

So, you are putting down the greedy gold sellers, BUT you are supporting the greedy coin sellers?

Talk about double standards!

Coin seller buys cheap gold, buys hammer, opens chest, recouvers all the coin they spent buying cheap gold and still has 500k coins as pure profit. TALK ABOUT GREED
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Actually nobody will sell gold at this price due to the chest of coins giving 1m coins and only requiring 5 gold to open (hammer). Essentially they can "sell" gold this way for 200k a gold making gold worth a minimum of 200k no matter what.

This can be solved by making the chest an untradeable item
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This can be solved by making the chest an untradeable item

Greedy double standards much?

So you want gold sellers to sell gold for so low that you can buy 5 gold, buy hammers, open chest and make a 100% profit? You know, that is also GREED....
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And it's probably the people in the gold market who have the most of those chests stashed away anyways.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Greedy double standards much?

So you want gold sellers to sell gold for so low that you can buy 5 gold, buy hammers, open chest and make a 100% profit? You know, that is also GREED....

Well the stash supply box also gives us few unnecessary items for profit. Maybe they can remove the chest altogether. There are many factors that make selling gold cheaper difficult because of PWI's items. Butyou can't solve anything even though this is a 'perfect world' lolb:pleased
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well the stash supply box also gives us few unnecessary items for profit. Maybe they can remove the chest altogether. There are many factors that make selling gold cheaper difficult because of PWI's items. Butyou can't solve anything even though this is a 'perfect world' lolb:pleased

You can't solve problems that are not there. The all issue is people trying to fix something that is not broken. How is it a problem for gold to be at 400k if you, worse case, break even by buying the gold for coins and were to get the anni packs? It is called balance, not broken. If you have not notices, gold prices have gone down, now that 400k per gold no longer lets you break even easely if you were to buy gold.

Gold prices are not a problem, they are a representation of a maturing game, where the worth people put in the in-game coins got lower due to the fact that it got easier to make coins.

When the highest level person on the server was level 30, I am sure very very few people had 100mil coins in disposable funds. At this point in time, there are lots of people on the servers with at least 100mil and some far more. So as long as they make a small profit, they will buy gold at any price, since they have the capital to make it work on small margins.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You can't solve problems that are not there. The all issue is people trying to fix something that is not broken. How is it a problem for gold to be at 400k if you, worse case, break even by buying the gold for coins and were to get the anni packs? It is called balance, not broken. If you have not notices, gold prices have gone down, now that 400k per gold no longer lets you break even easely if you were to buy gold.

Gold prices are not a problem, they are a representation of a maturing game, where the worth people put in the in-game coins got lower due to the fact that it got easier to make coins.

When the highest level person on the server was level 30, I am sure nobody had 100mil coins in disposable funds. At this point in time, there are lots of people on the servers with at least 100mil and some far more. So as long as they make a small profit, they will buy gold at any price, since they have the capital to make it work on small margins.

You're absolutely right. I guess since the real world revolves around money so will this online game. b:laugh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're absolutely right. I guess since the real world revolves around money so will this online game. b:laugh

What did you think MMOs revolves around????? If money did not matter in MMOs, there would be no in-game currency.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What did you think MMOs revolves around?????

egos? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    egos? b:chuckle

And how do they get to have those egos? I cannot possible be because they fight with no gear..... and no upgraded skills.....