Archer Improvement Suggestions

Options
BrioXII - Heavens Tear
BrioXII - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
Wasnt sure weather too sumbit a ticket or post but here it goes. While reading the post on gettin rid of the close range half dmg penalty i noticed that MrConce had a VERY good point(which i posted below) and i agreed with it 100%, and the vote was like 50% yes 70% no and im pretty sure the 50% were from those of us that actually play as archers. I agree that they should remove that penalty but i also think they should improve some of the archers skills to compensate for the lack of knockback arrow (our bread and butter) in pvp, i mean we have no 100% stun move witch is rediculous and we dont have any other skills that help us keep distance so WHY half our damage close range yet not give us any fullproof means of keeping distance, cmon now bm's get a speed buff from the start and we dont..... doesnt make sense but then again there really arent any disadvantages to playing that class, maybe if they took as much time on the archers as they did the bm's it wouldnt be such a fail class, yes archers DD like no other on mobs but pvp wise we are out classed by every class. As for suggestions they are PVP based because thats where archer class lacks:

Knockback Arrow: Cancel channel and knockback so that in PVP we can atleast cancel a move with it

Aim Low: instead of the 90% success rate why not make it 100, in pvp this move tends to fail alot considering it only has a 10% fail rate, if this move were 100% it would help alot, i mean all the other ranged classes have sure fire moves that do work like Silence or Sleep and again bm's even have a longrange move that can silence which doesnt make sense considering their class

Deadly Arrow/Take Aim: deadly shot is only deadly for the archer actually trying to shoot this in pvp, same with take aim cuz they take way too long too shoot and still have a chance of missing

Take Aim: how bout shortin the time to cast it, keep the high dmg but make it a 100% hit chance that way its actually a usable skill pvp wise but it would have to have a shorter channel time

Deadly Shot: have this move have a high % crit rate to it, that would be great for pvp and pve and worth waiting the channel time

Spirit Wolf Skill: an idea that i was thinkin bout, wouldnt be like a veno or anything relying on the pet but would be coo if we had a skill that we could lvl to summon a wolf type pet that had a set amount of health and dmg that it could deal depending on the lvl of the skill, we wouldnt be able to heal it or anything and it wouldt do crazy dmg but just somethin with a good amount of health that would help us solo stuff better seeing as how LA stats arent that great and the only self heal move we have heals 10% and takes 2 sparks which is hella whack anyway thats just an idea

I beleive those are good ideas and wouldnt make archers too strong or what not but would give a lil more an an edge because all we have to rely on is crits, we have no good self heal moves, clerics mages and venos DD like no other and on the same lvl as us if not higher later in the game and you cant dodge magic BUT you can dodge arrows, our range is not much farther than magic classes, we do half dmg up close and dont even get a usefull speed buff until 79 and its not even a skill on our skill tree so theres no good way to keep distance i mean what were they thinkning giving a mage class and bm class speed buffs yet not giving one to the class that ACTUALLY needs to keed distance, all we really have is an evasion buff thats useless after this last event cuz EVERYBODY and they mom has a Misty ring and in most cases with barbs and BM they have 2, these are all reasons why pw needs to improve the archer class and heres the post from other thread:

" Archers are the most fail class in game. Believe it. If venoes didnt have bugged bleed, they would be (PVP, not PVE wise). If you encounter a good cleric, the fight will end up on you losing. Doesnt matter what you do, you can pot, you can use all your sparks on whatever you want, unless they stupid, you aint killing a cleric as an archer anytime soon. Same goes with mages, @ 79+, is gg. +7 weapon at 90+, and ur an damn ez 2 shot even with +6 on gear and all your defensive skils. Venoes, God remove that bleed and show their true colours (Im have a veno, so that goes both ways ^_^). Last but not least, we have the melee classes. Barb is pretty self explanatory. Unless u crit or triple spark, no way u taking one down. The moment u spark, any sane person would run from spark. Go on ahead and seal, paralize whatever, Genie will counter you and stab u in the back (tree of protection). They get close, GG. And bm... Wow. Most OP class agaisnt Archer. With Bms, they are same as barb, high hp, GX axes, and outrageous genie skills. Literally invincible, bm only needs to wait for you to waste all your sparks and anti stun moves and all you can do is run. They can tank ur hits with Marrow which is spammable so they can always have it on and if they are lazy and/or smart, they can alter marrows for chi building as they use their Balance genie skill to get chi and eventually dragon/spike with stun. GG trying to dd when every time u do u deal 20 damage or less than half of what u should be dealing. Sux knowing that the slihgt chance u have of beating a good bm, could easily be missed in a split second. At least every other class can sumhow manage to beat every other (except for barb vs bm and bm vs bm and barb vs barb cases. Those are obvious and only the pro of the proest will take down another melee wether it might be by skill or by pure cash shopping)

Defensive skills

Clerics have both seals and heals. If that is not good enough, then throw 79 skills. They can both run away easily and kill easily. Mages........Teleport. Id mention more, but I dont think there is more to say than teleport (ok maybe not, forgot their insane phys def buff). Barbs have high hp and amazing magic defense considering how crappy light armor is. When my barb was 60, it had more magic defense that my lv 80+ archer with HH80/lv 78 molders. Bms... woot, stun and run at insane running speed. If you actually wanna fight, use marrows. Nice defensive skills. Venoes... Bramble hood, a few stuns and decent running speed. What does that leave? Archers... hmmm a 79 skill that raises ur evasion by 1000%. Nice.. except it only last 6 seconds and it takes ur own evasion buff away, so all that godliness that archers are supposed to be great at (Miss Miss Miss) and they take it away. How come a cleric doesnt lose phys def buff when they plume shell? And what about bms? Use physical marrow and lose their golden bell? Anyways, back to archer, then they get a neat 79 that allows u to be immune to stuns for 8 seconds and puts u at max speed. Neat. Wow, One spark cost, Insane cooldowns for both 79 skils when 79 undine strike for wiz completly spammable and op. Fwi, it also removes ur speed buff if u have one -_-. Other honorable mentions for defensive skills? Winged shell and Wings of Grace. One spark move and another defensive move that goes down in one shot. Good luck trying to kill those opponents before they get to you when they got all of those ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Mentioned above defensive qualities. More could be elaborated from. But ima be clear on this. Archers are great dders. Tons of damage and great snipers and assasins. But when it comes to 1v1 pvp. Gross. Pathethic. IF anybody does not agree with me here, you are either drowning on your own ego or drowning on your own money. ANybody can +7 and higher a gear and be good. Dont let that get to your head when you say archer is great and op when we all know all you do is pick on people with lower refines and be like "Im ******N sexy" once u kill em. Bet those same people you always make fun off (Unless they archers as well) could get similar gear and **** you and then you be like wtf, Unless then again, they are jsut completly stupid. But i rest my case, the whole point of this is to show how weak archers really are. =] Flame on."
Post edited by BrioXII - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Aim Low: instead of the 90% success rate why not make it 100, in pvp this move tends to fail alot considering it only has a 10% fail rate, if this move were 100% it would help alot, i mean all the other ranged classes have sure fire moves that do work like Silence or Sleep and again bm's even have a longrange move that can silence which doesnt make sense considering their class

Are you insane? 8 seconds of 100% of not being able to move? Um, wait, doesn't that kinda make close range mobs and classes pointless? If you're forgetting, 8 seconds is quite a bit with the damage that Archers get, especially with all the stuff you get from demon skills.
    Take Aim: how bout shortin the time to cast it, keep the high dmg but make it a 100% hit chance that way its actually a usable skill pvp wise but it would have to have a shorter channel time

So you're asking for a shot that adds 500% damage to be quicker and never missing? Again, are you a bit nuts? And besides, Demon cuts down the charge by 0.5 seconds.
    Deadly Shot: have this move have a high % crit rate to it, that would be great for pvp and pve and worth waiting the channel time

With already having about 20% Crit, having a skill that adds to that is kinda insane. And besides, with Demon, archers get a lot higher crit with stuff like Stunning Arrow and Sharpened Tooth Arrow. Not to mention all the attack speed boosts, such as Demon Quick Shot.
    Spirit Wolf Skill: an idea that i was thinkin bout, wouldnt be like a veno or anything relying on the pet but would be coo if we had a skill that we could lvl to summon a wolf type pet that had a set amount of health and dmg that it could deal depending on the lvl of the skill, we wouldnt be able to heal it or anything and it wouldt do crazy dmg but just somethin with a good amount of health that would help us solo stuff better seeing as how LA stats arent that great and the only self heal move we have heals 10% and takes 2 sparks which is hella whack anyway thats just an idea

Why? You're pretty much asking for a free tank just because you think it would be cool.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Absolutely no. Archers are already the best pvp class by far. The strongest pvp class does not need yet another buff. If anything, they need to be nerfed for balance.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    me like the spirit wolf idea *sarcasm* Brio you've played too much WoW your basically wishing for a hunter...*dam hunters so annoying at least until I melt their faces lol so easy to kill in Battlegrounds since about 80% of them were ***** As for your other suggestions sure! it'll come with a 80% damage nerf to your entire P attack and decrease your normal crit rate by 40%~! or something to even it out. Thus leaving you weaker then before. b:laugh

I stopped caring after "Knockback Arrow: Cancel channel and knockback so that in PVP we can atleast cancel a move with it"

it makes no sense to take out the effect for which a spell was named for... it's like saying stone rain will drop a giant chicken named bob instead of a giant rock. lol
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I stopped caring after "Knockback Arrow: Cancel channel and knockback so that in PVP we can atleast cancel a move with it"

it makes no sense to take out the effect for which a spell was named for... it's like saying stone rain will drop a giant chicken named bob instead of a giant rock. lol

The way I understood it was that he was basically asking for Knockback Arrow to either knockback AND interrupt channeling in PvP or to just interrupt channeling in PvP because the knockback does not work (?).

Though the funniest thing is that he's a lvl 80 Archer saying that archers are the most fail character in the game. And again, it looks like all of the suggestions are directed at PvP; a very typical way a high level character looks at the game.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I stopped reading when 50% + 70% = 100%. Nothing good could have possibly come afterward.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dont understand. In pvp the only people that will be in melee range for an archer are melees. They are high pdef classes so you use your metal skills. They do full damage close range and you should almost never have cooldown issues. No ranged class would ever waste their time to walk up to you so you do less damage. If they did they are dumb and should already be dead. The only issue I have is when a mage blinks to right in front of you as they are the only ranged class that could possibly get in 5m range within a decent amount of time. They also usually do this right before an ulti/combo so I usually stun and drop wings to gain distance or stun and holy path or use wings of grace. Either way it's more of a minor annoyance than a major gimp. For phoenixes, your knockback and aoe knockback both work on the pet.

The only thing I would suggest pwi changing for archers is to add +xxx% modifiers to metal skills instead of base damage + bad damage. That way at 100 we can actually hurt heavies and not have to go 100% -attack interval to kill anything.

Too many imbalances tho, fk that.
  • BrioXII - Heavens Tear
    BrioXII - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I stopped reading when 50% + 70% = 100%. Nothing good could have possibly come afterward.

lol i meant 50 people and 70 people, i wasnt really payin much attention to that but whatever, and as for the fail archer thing i didnt say that somebody else did, i just agreed with what he was saying for the most part

and yea all those high lvl archers you see doin hella work prolly spent a redic amount of money on this game and refine like no other, ME i dont spend crazy amounts of cash on game and i dont speak the no-life gamer lingo so you missed me wit that "nerfed" ****
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wasnt sure weather too sumbit a ticket or post but here it goes. While reading the post on gettin rid of the close range half dmg penalty i noticed that MrConce had a VERY good point(which i posted below) and i agreed with it 100%, and the vote was like 50% yes 70% no and im pretty sure the 50% were from those of us that actually play as archers. I agree that they should remove that penalty but i also think they should improve some of the archers skills to compensate for the lack of knockback arrow (our bread and butter) in pvp, i mean we have no 100% stun move witch is rediculous and we dont have any other skills that help us keep distance so WHY half our damage close range yet not give us any fullproof means of keeping distance, cmon now bm's get a speed buff from the start and we dont..... doesnt make sense but then again there really arent any disadvantages to playing that class, maybe if they took as much time on the archers as they did the bm's it wouldnt be such a fail class, yes archers DD like no other on mobs but pvp wise we are out classed by every class. As for suggestions they are PVP based because thats where archer class lacks:

Knockback Arrow: Cancel channel and knockback so that in PVP we can atleast cancel a move with it

Deadly Arrow/Take Aim: deadly shot is only deadly for the archer actually trying to shoot this in pvp, same with take aim cuz they take way too long too shoot and still have a chance of missing

I beleive those are good ideas and wouldnt make archers too strong or what not but would give a lil more an an edge because all we have to rely on is crits, we have no good self heal moves, clerics mages and venos DD like no other and on the same lvl as us if not higher later in the game and you cant dodge magic BUT you can dodge arrows, our range is not much farther than magic classes, we do half dmg up close and dont even get a usefull speed buff until 79 and its not even a skill on our skill tree so theres no good way to keep distance i mean what were they thinkning giving a mage class and bm class speed buffs yet not giving one to the class that ACTUALLY needs to keed distance, all we really have is an evasion buff thats useless after this last event cuz EVERYBODY and they mom has a Misty ring and in most cases with barbs and BM they have 2, these are all reasons why pw needs to improve the archer class and heres the post from other thread:

" Archers are the most fail class in game. Believe it. If venoes didnt have bugged bleed, they would be (PVP, not PVE wise). If you encounter a good cleric, the fight will end up on you losing. Doesnt matter what you do, you can pot, you can use all your sparks on whatever you want, unless they stupid, you aint killing a cleric as an archer anytime soon. Same goes with mages, @ 79+, is gg. +7 weapon at 90+, and ur an damn ez 2 shot even with +6 on gear and all your defensive skils. Venoes, God remove that bleed and show their true colours (Im have a veno, so that goes both ways ^_^). Last but not least, we have the melee classes. Barb is pretty self explanatory. Unless u crit or triple spark, no way u taking one down. The moment u spark, any sane person would run from spark. Go on ahead and seal, paralize whatever, Genie will counter you and stab u in the back (tree of protection). They get close, GG. And bm... Wow. Most OP class agaisnt Archer. With Bms, they are same as barb, high hp, GX axes, and outrageous genie skills. Literally invincible, bm only needs to wait for you to waste all your sparks and anti stun moves and all you can do is run. They can tank ur hits with Marrow which is spammable so they can always have it on and if they are lazy and/or smart, they can alter marrows for chi building as they use their Balance genie skill to get chi and eventually dragon/spike with stun. GG trying to dd when every time u do u deal 20 damage or less than half of what u should be dealing. Sux knowing that the slihgt chance u have of beating a good bm, could easily be missed in a split second. At least every other class can sumhow manage to beat every other (except for barb vs bm and bm vs bm and barb vs barb cases. Those are obvious and only the pro of the proest will take down another melee wether it might be by skill or by pure cash shopping)

Defensive skills

Clerics have both seals and heals. If that is not good enough, then throw 79 skills. They can both run away easily and kill easily. Mages........Teleport. Id mention more, but I dont think there is more to say than teleport (ok maybe not, forgot their insane phys def buff). Barbs have high hp and amazing magic defense considering how crappy light armor is. When my barb was 60, it had more magic defense that my lv 80+ archer with HH80/lv 78 molders. Bms... woot, stun and run at insane running speed. If you actually wanna fight, use marrows. Nice defensive skills. Venoes... Bramble hood, a few stuns and decent running speed. What does that leave? Archers... hmmm a 79 skill that raises ur evasion by 1000%. Nice.. except it only last 6 seconds and it takes ur own evasion buff away, so all that godliness that archers are supposed to be great at (Miss Miss Miss) and they take it away. How come a cleric doesnt lose phys def buff when they plume shell? And what about bms? Use physical marrow and lose their golden bell? Anyways, back to archer, then they get a neat 79 that allows u to be immune to stuns for 8 seconds and puts u at max speed. Neat. Wow, One spark cost, Insane cooldowns for both 79 skils when 79 undine strike for wiz completly spammable and op. Fwi, it also removes ur speed buff if u have one -_-. Other honorable mentions for defensive skills? Winged shell and Wings of Grace. One spark move and another defensive move that goes down in one shot. Good luck trying to kill those opponents before they get to you when they got all of those ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Mentioned above defensive qualities. More could be elaborated from. But ima be clear on this. Archers are great dders. Tons of damage and great snipers and assasins. But when it comes to 1v1 pvp. Gross. Pathethic. IF anybody does not agree with me here, you are either drowning on your own ego or drowning on your own money. ANybody can +7 and higher a gear and be good. Dont let that get to your head when you say archer is great and op when we all know all you do is pick on people with lower refines and be like "Im ******N sexy" once u kill em. Bet those same people you always make fun off (Unless they archers as well) could get similar gear and **** you and then you be like wtf, Unless then again, they are jsut completly stupid. But i rest my case, the whole point of this is to show how weak archers really are. =] Flame on."

lol so pretty much make the archer class almost unstoppable... hmm lets all go make the same topic on the other class forums!!! make ALL classes unbeatable!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol so pretty much make the archer class almost unstoppable... hmm lets all go make the same topic on the other class forums!!! make ALL classes unbeatable!!!

... But then Lost City and Harshlands would QQ 24/7 for ruining PvP.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wouldn't mind some "base damage + xx% weapon damage + fixed damage" metal skills.

more importantly, change stormrage eagleon...******n...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fix the attack animation so that the weapon is actually aimed at the target... This has bothered me to no end.
  • Thanoes - Sanctuary
    Thanoes - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wouldnt mind seeing stun arrow 100% at lvl 10 or increased stun time, 3 second stun, and it takes 2.1 seconds to cast... with a chance to fail... and a chance to miss...

strengthening winged shell too would be good, its pretty useless at after lvl 60-70 and it looks like the demon/sage versions are useless at that lvl too.

and the knockback effect (of knockback arrow) working in pvp would be really nice

other than that i dont think most of the changes are neccesary, or advisable.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, send the OP back to his padded room and give him his meds, plz...b:chuckle

I will admit, the lack of KB being active in PvP is dissapointing.... and it should have at least a %chance at success...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are you insane? 8 seconds of 100% of not being able to move? Um, wait, doesn't that kinda make close range mobs and classes pointless? If you're forgetting, 8 seconds is quite a bit with the damage that Archers get, especially with all the stuff you get from demon skills.
    they can counter it with spark or skills, both bms and barbs have anti movement disable skills. not like the attack doesn't have a chance to miss either. o wait, what about clerics 16s paralyze that doesn't miss? or their 30s sleep?
    So you're asking for a shot that adds 500% damage to be quicker and never missing? Again, are you a bit nuts? And besides, Demon cuts down the charge by 0.5 seconds.

i wouldn't mind a fully channeled take aim not missing. can you think of any other 3s channel attack that misses? name one, from any class, that channels for 3s and has a chance to miss.

and finally, let us remember that it is demon barbs that have the highest crits at certain times, not archers. how ironic? demon sunder raises crit to 100% for 5s, demon str of the titans raises crit by 5%, demon onslaught raises crit by 35% for 6s (which happens to have a 8s cooldown), demon shapeshift as well as demon axe mastery both gives 2% each. looks like our advantage in that department is simply not very significant.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Absolutely no. Archers are already the best pvp class by far. The strongest pvp class does not need yet another buff. If anything, they need to be nerfed for balance.

pre end game archers are the best pvp class
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and replace stormrage eagleon!! b:angry
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wouldn't mind some "base damage + xx% weapon damage + fixed damage" metal skills.

and replace stormrage eagleon!! b:angry

I think someone has issues... =)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pre end game archers are the best pvp class

before you comment you should prob aleast reach the levels that your talking about. at 9x archers doesn't have a chance to kill any bm/barb with half a brain. against other archers, its pretty much up to gears and a flip of a coin. against clerics/wiz we need to get the first shot advantage to have a good chance of killing. against venos... lets just say you better kill the veno before its nix gets to you.

as archers, you gotta kill before the other guy sees you coming.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    before you comment you should prob aleast reach the levels that your talking about. at 9x archers doesn't have a chance to kill any bm/barb with half a brain. against other archers, its pretty much up to gears and a flip of a coin. against clerics/wiz we need to get the first shot advantage to have a good chance of killing. against venos... lets just say you better kill the veno before its nix gets to you.

as archers, you gotta kill before the other guy sees you coming.

so are you trying to say that we're not the best even before that?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so are you trying to say that we're not the best even before that?

i am saying that archers might shine between 7x-8x, but anything after that the other classes starts to catch up.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not a pvp archer, but for what it's worth, YOU ARE INSANE!!!! lol

man i NEVER played pvp. but even so i could see that archer as they are now would be hard to beat, and nearly god likei if YOUR ideas were implemented. sorry if this was posted before i don't sfeel like reading all those posts. but considering how damaging archers crits can be, a stun or freeze for as little as 2-3 seconds could surfice. at closr range, the have metal attacks and altho those attacks have casting time, i would imagine that by the time someone gets in close to you, they would already be weak enuf for a winged plede to finish them off.

as for defensive skills wings of protection and winged shell nuf said. the winged shel in particlr should be nerfed lol you basicly become the ultimate tank for a few seconds mons that would normally do 300+ damage only would do 40.

i mean not insult, but really ppl need to seat down and THINK about these crazy ideas they have for archers before posting them
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not a pvp archer, but for what it's worth, YOU ARE INSANE!!!! lol

man i NEVER played pvp. but even so i could see that archer as they are now would be hard to beat, and nearly god likei if YOUR ideas were implemented. sorry if this was posted before i don't sfeel like reading all those posts. but considering how damaging archers crits can be, a stun or freeze for as little as 2-3 seconds could surfice. at closr range, the have metal attacks and altho those attacks have casting time, i would imagine that by the time someone gets in close to you, they would already be weak enuf for a winged plede to finish them off.

as for defensive skills wings of protection and winged shell nuf said. the winged shel in particlr should be nerfed lol you basicly become the ultimate tank for a few seconds mons that would normally do 300+ damage only would do 40.

i mean not insult, but really ppl need to seat down and THINK about these crazy ideas they have for archers before posting them

lol... where do you come up with these things. i guess some people have more vivid imagnation then others.

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

man i NEVER played pvp

This is half of your problem.

The other half is that your comments imply you've either never palyed an archer.... or have a very low level one.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I agree to some but not all of what he suggested.
    I think the damage is good and the skills are find. <no need to have new skills.
    I just hope they can shorten the time taken to shoot or cast it.

Have u ever shoot a miss take aim, miss froze and miss knockback?
    If you do, you either start running away with less mp or dead in afew secs.

Ok to be realistic, the miss is not that much problem "if you not miss that much"

But wen i use knockback, the mob(running mob) is like back to where he is at the first place before i can take the next shot. <---Might as well i jus make a stun.

Lastly for that eagle frenzy skill. It would be so much better to less the time taken for complete damage or no timing at all.(just suggesting)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BuCi - Harshlands
    BuCi - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i think growing an arc is a really dificult thing to do. u can find any mobs that u can stunn easy(unless they are lower lvl), u have low hp. and when u get all the stuns, frosts and knockback ur left with your dmg like 50% and a shield that blocks 2 atacks(500-600dmg) (im lvl 50) also u have that atack to knock your opponent and also all monsters around ya. i cant realize what are the ppl thinking building a arch. they mixed up all and now i dont wanna play some other class. i wnt an archer. i'm not saying they are wek but as u sad 1v1 is totall miss. they should improve some skills. put 100% aim low stunn and get something. according to this arch are the most dmg dealers and u have less phys that any bm or barb. so whats the cost of u trying to have luck on fireing that 3-4 arrows when the opponent comes to ya and ur ded in 4 atacks(6if u have a shield). ur evasion is nothing. its not accurative. just nothing. all archers are screwed. we wnt our revenge b:angry
  • GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear
    GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i think growing an arc is a really dificult thing to do. u can find any mobs that u can stunn easy(unless they are lower lvl), u have low hp. and when u get all the stuns, frosts and knockback ur left with your dmg like 50% and a shield that blocks 2 atacks(500-600dmg) (im lvl 50) also u have that atack to knock your opponent and also all monsters around ya. i cant realize what are the ppl thinking building a arch. they mixed up all and now i dont wanna play some other class. i wnt an archer. i'm not saying they are wek but as u sad 1v1 is totall miss. they should improve some skills. put 100% aim low stunn and get something. according to this arch are the most dmg dealers and u have less phys that any bm or barb. so whats the cost of u trying to have luck on fireing that 3-4 arrows when the opponent comes to ya and ur ded in 4 atacks(6if u have a shield). ur evasion is nothing. its not accurative. just nothing. all archers are screwed. we wnt our revenge b:angry

Okay yeah, first, I have no idea what half of that said.

Second, if you have ever fought a BM 1v1 near your level the shield doesn't last for two to three hits. I've dueled many BM's lower and slightly higher even same level, Axe bm's some Sword slapped a pole in pk. They don't always hit, I see more "miss" from them than you think.

Third, Of course you have less phys defence, what do you think you are? Some sort of a tank?
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

With already having about 20% Crit, having a skill that adds to that is kinda insane. And besides, with Demon, archers get a lot higher crit with stuff like Stunning Arrow and Sharpened Tooth Arrow. Not to mention all the attack speed boosts, such as Demon Quick Shot.

Why? You're pretty much asking for a free tank just because you think it would be cool.

only thing i need to say is that the knockback should work on people...dont see why it shouldnt...and if you're talking about strongest pvp class...id give that to the BM...try doing something while you're constantly stunned...or stunned everytime you tick their charm so they have u stunned for 6/10 seconds of their charm cooldown

light armor takes alot of damage from everything...no u dont take as much magic damage as heavies...or as much physical like arcanes...but you take a damn lot of damage

probably i focused leveling so dont pk/pvp much...but the lightning skills imo need to be fixed...and something about the Hit/Dodge rate on people/mobs...i mean i have like 99% hit rate on a mob...but i can miss it 5 times in a row...kind of...really really REALLY unlcuky for me...(i mean i should get a pack and open it...its only 5x harder...at 0.2% chance...versus my 1% missing 5 times in a row)

i just think we should fix the knockback...that it should work...and mabye change the damage calculation on some of the skills...and of course removing the half damage at melee range is nice b:pleased
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

yeah that skill is funny...and sad lol
    i wouldnt mind seeing stun arrow 100% at lvl 10 or increased stun time, 3 second stun, and it takes 2.1 seconds to cast... with a chance to fail... and a chance to miss...

strengthening winged shell too would be good, its pretty useless at after lvl 60-70 and it looks like the demon/sage versions are useless at that lvl too.

and the knockback effect (of knockback arrow) working in pvp would be really nice

other than that i dont think most of the changes are neccesary, or advisable.

i think there needs to be a nerf with some of the other classes skills...winged shell i guess was made to tank mob hits...to save charm costs?
    they can counter it with spark or skills, both bms and barbs have anti movement disable skills. not like the attack doesn't have a chance to miss either. o wait, what about clerics 16s paralyze that doesn't miss? or their 30s sleep?

i wouldn't mind a fully channeled take aim not missing. can you think of any other 3s channel attack that misses? name one, from any class, that channels for 3s and has a chance to miss.

and finally, let us remember that it is demon barbs that have the highest crits at certain times, not archers. how ironic? demon sunder raises crit to 100% for 5s, demon str of the titans raises crit by 5%, demon onslaught raises crit by 35% for 6s (which happens to have a 8s cooldown), demon shapeshift as well as demon axe mastery both gives 2% each. looks like our advantage in that department is simply not very significant.

word...and...there should be a nerf in barb/bm skills relaly...magic never misses...so all shots will hit AND hurt....as for bm's...u cant even chain hit them...they have an anti-movement skill which makes your paralyze/stun fail...

its just funny how they say...archers are the quickest and agilest...yet...BM's gain more evasion/accuracy PER dex...and we have stupid 79 skills that override our passive buffs...our ONLY passive buff (fire arrow doesnt count)

i mean...marrows dont cancel bell...bloodbath doesnt cancel barbs HP buff...why does alacrity and condor cancel our speed/evasion after the...6 seconds/7 seconds of...ACTUAL nice evasion/move speed?

if anything...some of our skills need some finetunning...i swear PW just looked at BM/barbs and decided to make them what they really are...tanks...but gave them a bit too much of the archer side...stuns/damage...and gave arcane big damage...but then decided to try to make archers the 'middle' of everything...yet we are nearly at the bottom of everything...except BASE movement speed...and we can fly pre 30...which costs mana too lol

just doing a quick comparison or outline of skills (to my rough knowledge on other classes)

archers - winged shell (takes half a hit and is gone...or less), stun, paralyze, run + evasion which disappear after we cast the 79 skill
    clerics - mana shield (unlike ours...theirs absorbs all damage for 20 seconds), 30s max of sleep, a paralyze skill, tons of heals
    veno - bramble guard, stun, paralyze
    mage - silence, teleport, (i think they have a stun too? or more then one?)
    barb - invoke (weee u cant hurt me), stun...2 stuns i think?, damn im ****ing fat i got a billion HP good luck **** me 1v1 while i have a charm on!

and last but not least...
    THE BM - stun...stun...more stun...the stun again because the CD is done already...run...run without getting paralyzed/stunned/slowed...oh and a seal thats RANGED too

holy **** what did PW do with BM's lol...stun is perhaps THE best skill in the game...also the most fun to do to people :D...but we all have like 1 or 2...BM's have 3...and theirs last dam long too...long enough that one can chain you...or seal you to give time for CD...then rince n repeat

to me it seems that...archers are actually pretty weak Pkers...mid lvl is ok but later...barbs have too much hp...bm's stun locking you as they do every class...and well LA mage has more physical def (and obv more magic def) then us...and their nukes are 100% hit and 100% hurt...and clerics...well...good luck pouring damage for 20 seconds thru that 20 second mana shield...then they can sleep u for 30 seconds...and sit down and watch u..
  • Rollf_Copter - Harshlands
    Rollf_Copter - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think that each must use the skills provided in the needed scenario and at the right time, it's all about each person's skill to use the given skills to your advantage, I personally think that Archers are the best PvPers in the game, mages are pieces of cake for me, although BM's and Barb's require a hella amount of kiting because of their HP, i can be fighting forever with a barb.. i think that is the hardest class an Archer can face.. but yet again... its all on your own skill, not on the game itself b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think Take Aim skill shld be 100% hit. Since it takes time to cast.
    And looking at the meaning of what it is called.
    Take aim means ur aiming, so how can u miss?

To some of the post saying an archer missing for 5 times in a row... lol i just missed 4 in a row, and had to use hp pot for a green name mob.
    Guess they shld make the miss count on archer lesser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]