Archer Improvement Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think Take Aim skill shld be 100% hit. Since it takes time to cast.
    And looking at the meaning of what it is called.
    Take aim means ur aiming, so how can u miss?

To some of the post saying an archer missing for 5 times in a row... lol i just missed 4 in a row, and had to use hp pot for a green name mob.
    Guess they shld make the miss count on archer lesser.

Demon Take Aim is actually faster and does more damage than Demon Deadly Shot. So by your logic, Deadly Shot should also be 100% hit?

Here's an example. As you can see, no refines, TT90s mostly. The weapon has a damage range of 670-1562, so you end up with Demon Take Aim being capable of 7665-15339 (avg. 11502) with no crits. Counting crits, you could get 15330-30678 (avg. 23004). Can you imagine that never missing? You know what? The real endgame items, refined to their finest, have more minimum damage than the unrefined TT90 has maximum. Not to mention having a lot more crit% and more life.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    do you even duel? do you have any idea how hard other classes hit? have some perspective before you keep theorycrafting.

do you know that a 9x wiz self-buffed can easily have something like 7k in pdef? congratulations, you can more or less hit as much as sage stone rain with your precious take aim...don't even go there with crits, an LA wiz w/ no refines can avg 23k with glacial snare, they don't need to crit to kill you.

yes, i do believe that every spell that requires channel + cast of 3s or more should not miss.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Demon Take Aim is actually faster and does more damage than Demon Deadly Shot. So by your logic, Deadly Shot should also be 100% hit?

Here's an example. As you can see, no refines, TT90s mostly. The weapon has a damage range of 670-1562, so you end up with Demon Take Aim being capable of 7665-15339 (avg. 11502) with no crits. Counting crits, you could get 15330-30678 (avg. 23004). Can you imagine that never missing? You know what? The real endgame items, refined to their finest, have more minimum damage than the unrefined TT90 has maximum. Not to mention having a lot more crit% and more life.

Are you trying to make yourself look stupid or something? against players, you only do 25% of your otherwise normal damage. So even counting crits that would bring the damage range to 3832.5-7669.5. Any half @$$ed robe wiz should easily have over 50% phy dmg reduction, hence bringing down the dmg to 1916.25-3834.75. Even criting at 4k, you would need 3 consecutive high end crits to take down an average wiz. Just how often does that happen to you? Furthermore, an archer wearing full +5 green tt90 la with flaw shards can easily get one shotted from full hp by a la wiz fling a rock.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • WhitePuma - Lost City
    WhitePuma - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is pretty much a pointless thread. Its just a persons attempt at getting his class to be so overpowered. Archers are already excellent pkers, but your "ideas" would completely ruin the game for other people.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is pretty much a pointless thread. Its just a persons attempt at getting his class to be so overpowered. Archers are already excellent pkers, but your "ideas" would completely ruin the game for other people.

They are excellent PKers...

Early game.

Go level up some and see just how excellent they are without refining heavily in an attempt to keep up with every other class.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    GTFO OF THIS FORUM~
    seriously, stop QQ.
    Any class have any chance to win in 1v1 as long as u know how to play ur class....
    Go n reroll...
    Why do u wanna use normal shots to Bm? Metal atacks don't half, n the only people u be killing with regular shot will be ranged... So u will have nothing to worry on half damage.

Deadly shot is not a 1v1 skill, it is useful in Tw n pk war for spike damage, specially against clerics.

Stun n aim low miss at time n so does another skills, but is % n u shouldn't put yar hopes.. "oh I miss, I'm dead" get occcult ice if ya want another stun.
    If yar missin a lot, maybe is cus the archer is higher of than u or u to low on dex.

Suck it up n stop QQ, if ya don't like the class switch...
    Only skill archer missin is to heal themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • truekossy
    edited October 2009
    Any class have any chance to win in 1v1 as long as u have plenty of $$$ and know how to play ur class....

Fixed. Cause skilled or not, a 9X archer who doesn't have a (good) weapon that's (at least) +5/6 is just gonna tickle a charmed 9X barb who knows how to play their class if they fight 1v1.

Duels don't count. You can kite easily in duels and don't have a charm to worry about there.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Take Aim and Deadly Shot never missing would be kinda stupid . Casters and barbs probably wouldn't care as you have to be EXTREMELY unlucky to miss them and while bms might have some evasion (allot for fist users ) you won't even use those skills against them

Now here's where this would be stupid : archer vs archer . You realize how INSANELY fast an archer vs archer fight would end right ? Phy res is lower a 9x mage and hp is a bit higher but not that much and that basically means an archer vs archer fight will be a 1 hit crit on TA or DS .
    what about clerics 16s paralyze that doesn't miss? or their 30s sleep?

Those skills have a random duration 16s and 30s are the maximum durations they can last , not fixed . They also don't do any dmg .

Also knock back working in PVP would kinda make the -50% melee penalty be pretty much useless when combined with stun and paralize .

The thing is that it's a class that revolves around luck or random stuff , call it whatever you like . Crits & evasion are NEEDED as an archer while as another class they are just a bonus and despite the fact that archers got plenty of each some ppl tend to be really unlucky and it's only natural that they'll start to think their class is underpowered .

Archers ain't really bad end game , It's just that other classes ( venos are the exception = always OP ) aren't that weak anymore . I think the problem could be that some got used to being the stronger class earlier lvls and now it's hard to get used to others not being so helpless .

As for suggestions I'd say replace that crappy stormrage with something useful lolz , and do this to every class's useless DoTs with no other good effect which are just a joke in this game .

Also making stun and aim low never miss might not be bad , with the chances it has it will hit most of the time anyway and it's kinda stupid when a very high % success chance skill fails .

And fix the thing with the 79 skills removing your own buff .
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Take Aim and Deadly Shot never missing would be kinda stupid . Casters and barbs probably wouldn't care as you have to be EXTREMELY unlucky to miss them and while bms might have some evasion (allot for fist users ) you won't even use those skills against them

Now here's where this would be stupid : archer vs archer . You realize how INSANELY fast an archer vs archer fight would end right ? Phy res is lower a 9x mage and hp is a bit higher but not that much and that basically means an archer vs archer fight will be a 1 hit crit on TA or DS .

Those skills have a random duration 16s and 30s are the maximum durations they can last , not fixed . They also don't do any dmg .

Also knock back working in PVP would kinda make the -50% melee penalty be pretty much useless when combined with stun and paralize .

The thing is that it's a class that revolves around luck or random stuff , call it whatever you like . Crits & evasion are NEEDED as an archer while as another class they are just a bonus and despite the fact that archers got plenty of each some ppl tend to be really unlucky and it's only natural that they'll start to think their class is underpowered .

Archers ain't really bad end game , It's just that other classes ( venos are the exception = always OP ) aren't that weak anymore . I think the problem could be that some got used to being the stronger class earlier lvls and now it's hard to get used to others not being so helpless .

As for suggestions I'd say replace that crappy stormrage with something useful lolz , and do this to every class's useless DoTs with no other good effect which are just a joke in this game .

Also making stun and aim low never miss might not be bad , with the chances it has it will hit most of the time anyway and it's kinda stupid when a very high % success chance skill fails .

And fix the thing with the 79 skills removing your own buff .

oooh it's so hot when a big boobed wiz talks pro! go Ayano go!

well that part about other classes catching up is true...archers get 30 range with lvl 10 winged blessing at lvl 54, but at this stage wiz would only have 28.5 on some of their basic spells and archers would outrange their sandstorm, glacial snare, force of will by a pretty sizeable distance. wiz gets 30 range for a lot of their spells upon demon/sage versions of said spell, that mean by 9x, we no longer have much of an advantage against a wiz, whether it is defense-wise, offense-wise, or range wise. this is true with regards to clerics as well, although they only end up with 28some odd range upon demon/sage. this is why robies were so easy for archers mid game, a disgusting range advantage that gets bridged at later levels.

i guess this is why it's hard to think of reasonable buffs to the class, because they're so stupidly good at earlier levels that it'd seem hardly justifiable to make them even better at those levels...maybe if stormrage eagleon gets replaced by something decent it'd be the best choice, because stormrage you'd get and lvl up relatively late since it's a 59 skill.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree with some of what he said, archers r pretty weak b:shocked
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Archers, like all other classes, have their strengths and weaknesses.

veno: have the nix, but are usually sqishy (even the heavy venos don't have that much hp unless they +6 or higher their armor)

Barb: Lots of hp, but are weak hitters with weakness to magic

BM: decent dmg and lots of stuns, but weak to magic

Wizard: high mag dmg, squishy

Clerics: sleep and heals, squishy

Archers: high dmg and nice range, squishy and 1/2 dmg at close range

If you don't like your weaknesses, inprove your gear/build to compensate if you want. Be the first heavy archer if you don't like getting wasted by melee classes, or put pdef shards in your armor.

I suggest you play to your class strengths.
    Aim Low: 90%? I'd take those odds. Sneak up on a melee from range and see how he likes not moving for 8 secs with lvl10 aim low

Stun arrow: 90%, again I'd take those odds even if it is only a 3 sec stun

Thundershock: -50% metal resit, add that with another metal skill or two and that will hurt on a melee.

Wings of Grace: -25% dmg taken, 15 sec anti-stun, freeze, or sleep. No more stun lock right a way.

Using the archer's strengths and keeping a calm mind when pvping will make any archer a formidable foe.
  • Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yeeaa Im just sayin, knockback would b nice if it worked b:angry :P
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think what archers need is a self heal skill every other class has one so why not b:pleased and maybe one or two more stuns
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OP, if we wanted to read boring pointless novels, we wouldve picked up a Steinbeck book. Archers are fine how they are, you obviously just dont know how to use one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Firstly and most importantly ... nothing we do is gonna change the archer class ..... ACCEPT IT.

Secondly .... +1 gud work to the poster.

Archer as a class shines till 8X i.e. you are fighting same lvls. Once we enter the 9x you will know how much we suck. World pvp is the only real place archers can create some trouble.

Fyi this does not apply to ppl with insane refines ( Most of the Best geared ppl in LC are archers coz without refines we are nothing ).

REMOVE/CHANGE Stormage eagleon ..... nothing much just make it a non DOT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Archer as a class shines till 8X i.e. you are fighting same lvls. Once we enter the 9x you will know how much we suck. World pvp is the only real place archers can create some trouble.
    in carebear land, theyre the fastest PVE killers at 85+ dude :|. cant tell you how many archers ive seen push wizards and clerics out of the good fish spots in sea of isolation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    in carebear land, theyre the fastest PVE killers at 85+ dude :|. cant tell you how many archers ive seen push wizards and clerics out of the good fish spots in sea of isolation.

And then on land we lose to BMs, Clerics and Venos. We're decent killers but nowhere being fastest 85+. Maybe at fish yes, but that only lasts until 91.

Gap increases in past maps where said classes aoe grind faster than us killing one at a time overall.

PvP, well I'm sure you know what's up with that.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    And then on land we lose to BMs, Clerics and Venos. We're decent killers but nowhere being fastest 85+. Maybe at fish yes, but that only lasts until 91.

Gap increases in past maps where said classes aoe grind faster than us killing one at a time overall.

PvP, well I'm sure you know what's up with that.
    eh I level in spiders up in avalanche ridge, archers still outkill everything there :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    BM's AOE grind , venos past maps, wiz kill spiders faster, clerics aoe grind on the spiders dunno much abt barbs. Every class farms better than archers @ 9x.

If you are the fastest, thts coz in pve land ppl are pure lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    wiz kill spiders faster, clerics aoe grind on the spiders
    wizards dont kill faster than the archers ive seen there;
    ive seen venos kill entire cleric smobs before they get off an aoe lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    do you know that a 9x wiz self-buffed can easily have something like 7k in pdef? congratulations, you can more or less hit as much as sage stone rain with your precious take aim...don't even go there with crits, an LA wiz w/ no refines can avg 23k with glacial snare, they don't need to crit to kill you.

Wizard: high mag dmg, squishy

Scary thing is.....
    A lvl 90 wiz can have(full buffed)
    9.6k pdef
    6.8k HP
    10k-12k matk
    6% crit rate

A level 100 wiz can have(full buffed)
    12k pdef
    7k HP
    12k-18k matk
    15%+ crit rate

Have fun against that :P
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Scary thing is.....
    A lvl 90 wiz can have(full buffed)
    9.6k pdef
    6.8k HP
    10k-12k matk
    6% crit rate

A level 100 wiz can have(full buffed)
    12k pdef
    7k HP
    12k-18k matk
    15%+ crit rate

Have fun against that :P

Lol I know a lvl94 LA wiz with almost 18k fully buffed with ~18% critb:chuckle

Now that I got that out of my way, stick to topics about archer improvements. If you want to compare wizards to archers, make your own thread about it.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ... But then Lost City and Harshlands would QQ 24/7 for ruining PvP.

^^^ So true... b:surrender ^^^

Also, most of the stuff you said will make the archer OP especially the Sprit Wolf thing but, i think the only new skill archer should have a a HP recovery skill because everyone else has one so should i thinks archers should get one also. b:victory

(P.S. i know there is a skill that gives archer 25% hp at lvl100 but who's going to wait till lvl100 just to get a bad HP recovery skill because they are going to get bored and be another class by that time.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ^^^ So true... b:surrender ^^^

Also, most of the stuff you said will make the archer OP especially the Sprit Wolf thing but, i think the only new skill archer should have a a HP recovery skill because everyone else has one so should i thinks archers should get one also. b:victory

(P.S. i know there is a skill that gives archer 25% hp at lvl100 but who's going to wait till lvl100 just to get a bad HP recovery skill because they are going to get bored and be another class by that time.)

We have a self heal at 100?

The only thing I can think of from the top of my head that remotely heals us is double spark, triple spark and demon serrated arrow...
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    wizards dont kill faster than the archers ive seen there;
    ive seen venos kill entire cleric smobs before they get off an aoe lol

you have seen the wrng wizs .. + pve server noobs not taken .... grinding doesn't get the respect unless there is a pk hotspot ( fishes b:pleased )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We have a self heal at 100?

The only thing I can think of from the top of my head that remotely heals us is double spark, triple spark and demon serrated arrow...

The skill is called "awaken" i cost a 1000 mp intent casting and 15 min cooldown it recharges all sparks and i heard someone saying that it heals 25% Hp but im not sure its true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • truekossy
    edited October 2009
    The skill is called "awaken" i cost a 1000 mp intent casting and 15 min cooldown it recharges all sparks and i heard someone saying that it heals 25% Hp but im not sure its true.

Gives us our sparks? Yes.
    Heals us? Not a chance!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    it indirectly heals if you pop said sparks. so no...awaken gives us no heals.

for the record, even if Stormrage is NOT a DOT, it wouldn't be ridiculously good compared to other 59 nukes. most nukes are base damage + x00% weapon damage + addon, while Stormrage is only base damage + addon.

for example: Black Ice at lvl 10 is base magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 9648.9

Tempest is base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1

Stormrage Eagleon? base damage + 11151.2 in Metal damage, that's it.

i don't care if the channel time gets increased...or decrease the add-on a little, but ffs make it NOT a DoT

or, you could increase the slow to something unholy, like say 80%, and decrease the tick duration to 10s, so you can spam metal at a heavy as he inches toward you or something. presently 30% slow doesn't even cancel out tigerform's speed boost, which is terrible
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Look at sage / demon tempest ;___;, base + 400% + 13503 @_@;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it indirectly heals if you pop said sparks. so no...awaken gives us no heals.

for the record, even if Stormrage is NOT a DOT, it wouldn't be ridiculously good compared to other 59 nukes. most nukes are base damage + x00% weapon damage + addon, while Stormrage is only base damage + addon.

for example: Black Ice at lvl 10 is base magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 9648.9

Tempest is base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1

Stormrage Eagleon? base damage + 11151.2 in Metal damage, that's it.

i don't care if the channel time gets increased...or decrease the add-on a little, but ffs make it NOT a DoT

or, you could increase the slow to something unholy, like say 80%, and decrease the tick duration to 10s, so you can spam metal at a heavy as he inches toward you or something. presently 30% slow doesn't even cancel out tigerform's speed boost, which is terrible

Well, most archer skills come with an integer bonus instead of a percentage. Take Aim, Deadly Shot and Barrage of Arrows are the only ones that actually have a +%. And out of those, Deadly Shot is out-damaged by Take Aim as soon as you get Demon and Barrage has a huge mana drain.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.