Options
13»

Comments

• Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well there is also Armagedon and Dynasty and Bushido.... b:surrender

Plus there are plenty of other smaller factions that TW.

Although, based on what I've seen from my time on PW-MY and other servers here on PWI you shouldn't worry to much. The server is still new, and the new class is sure to change it up a bit (and perhaps bring us PvE TWs?).

Anyways what tends to happen is:
    A few semi-major factions form up and slowly gain power. (Armagedon, Equinox, Calamity)

Slowly one fac takes over and becomes more dominate (Calamity)

While others struggle to survive and slowly get wiped out (Equinox, Armagedon, and a few of the other TW facs)
    and small guilds try to hold on to land

Then higher levels create other facs, forming small yet powerful factions, and slowly dividing up other major factions.

Then we come into the future...
    Other factions form up and take land, the bigger factions become weakened.
    The once big factions slowly start to die and barely cling on to their land as other powerful and new major facs emerge and take land....

And so forth the cycle will repeat, on PW-MY one guild took the entire map but they died out too.

It all depends on the shift in mind set and cooperation of powerful and highly driven players.

BTW Kardie, factions that gank aren't greedy, they're just mean >.> and it also shows that they can't win unless they gank (*cough* *cough* bushi and HDT *cough* *cough*) although HDT couldn't beat arma even with a gank, that says something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. Armagedon doesn't have 3 lands.
    2. When they did, the one that HDT attacks wasn't touching either of the other two.

1. Thank you for the catch.. I meant when arma held all three il go back and correct it. xD

2. Hmm maybe this is what our leader meant about not losing a land so that we can't ever get it back. xD Well either way there is a land that arma holds that our leader does NOT want to lose at any cost. If bushido were to attack that one first then they would be the primary target of our defense. I am not saying that hdt could beat us, even if we chose to defend more from bushido, but they would stand a better chance of doing so.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • MissPsyched - Dreamweaver
    MissPsyched - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    5. Welcome to Dreamweaver MissPsyched.
    <3
    BTW Kardie, factions that gank aren't greedy, they're just mean >.> and it also shows that they can't win unless they gank (*cough* *cough* bushi and HDT *cough* *cough*) although HDT couldn't beat arma even with a gank, that says something.

Be glad it's like this and not Bushi + a guild of equal power trying to steamroll your territories, you'd lose all of them.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Thats what i said. I never said they were greedy, i said they weren't.

People who gank aren't mean, they're smart. They're attacking another faction which they know won't be able to defend.
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If i remember correctly some other guild *cough coughArma cough* couldn't win with a gank either im sure that says something as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You guys all missed my 4th point, I'm sad.
    hai2u
  • MissPsyched - Dreamweaver
    MissPsyched - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I saw it, but your warm welcome was more important ):
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options

I seen it just didnt feel like commenting on it because I can't throw anything witty back at the comment. ;) xD lol

Either way you are indeed correct, this 'fighting' among the 3 factions I have mentioned in my posts, is indeed only temporary... basically just buying time until cala decides to take over all lands. Either way it is good practice for all three guilds.

I wonder if a faction does take over the entire map, is there a limit to how many guilds can attack the guild who owns all the lands? If not, then not even a guild like cala could defend them all, but it would only be a matter of time before the 'overpowered' guild took back over. Would be interesting to see a guild like cala defend from multiple/max amount of defenses. xD

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wonder if a faction does take over the entire map, is there a limit to how many guilds can attack the guild who owns all the lands?

Max lands that one faction can have under attack (at same time) is 3. If there are more than 9 defends/attacks for 1 fac. then there are TW's at morning and evening making this max at 6 TW's per day. Total of 18 TW's per weekend.
    Thinking about how fast ppl are leveling, it will be just a matter of time before even the strongest factions lose their lands... no way a faction with even 200 active ppl can defend against 240 ppl.

b:bye
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Max lands that one faction can have under attack (at same time) is 3. If there are more than 9 defends/attacks for 1 fac. then there are TW's at morning and evening making this max at 6 TW's per day. Total of 18 TW's per weekend.
    Thinking about how fast ppl are leveling, it will be just a matter of time before even the strongest factions lose their lands... no way a faction with even 200 active ppl can defend against 240 ppl.

Ty for the information, I read about that on the tw guide, and it wasnt quite explained like that, thanks. ^^

Aye it will only be a matter of time until even the most powerful faction losses there land. (If multiple guilds decide to 'gank.')

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yeah the older servers are great example of this occurrence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yup, just look at Sanctuary and Lost City.
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

max attacks might be 3 but there was once occurrence of 4 tws same time for faction in heavens tear (radiance defending 3 and attacking one, all won by radiance) but radiance had 19 or 20 defs and 1 attack that time