NOTICE to all Gold Buyers

Comments

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You will loose. You know why? Because people are greedy. And if gold will go down, the GM make some event and for example give to boutique warsoul weapons or something other and this will again rise the price of gold. Because for GM is good when the gold is high. Think. If gold is low, you can just grinding and you don't have to spent real money. So for them low price of gold is unprofitable.

FAIL

If gold is high a few people will pay for it. = zen chargers will charge less.
    If gold is low lots of people want to buy gold = zen chargers will charge more.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    FAIL

Problem is, you don't have to buy gold for real money. If gold is low you need to just grinding for and hour and you can buy gold. So why should they spent real of money?

The balanced way is somewhere in middle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    FAIL

Ah , your still optimistic I see when you know how very well how the situation stand's ... There are boutique items that are needed to really enjoy the game such as charms , dolls , orbs , flashy mounts that will catch ppl's eye no matter what . Allot of ppl will pay for gold to get all those even with the prices now and don't forget how many ppl buy gold when sale is up or an event such as jolly jones . They wanna make profit by buying something that's available only for a short time to the public then try to sell it high after the sale/event is over.

If this wasn't profitable for PWI , don't you think they'd stop sales ? It's a simple logic that doesn't even need whole threads and pages of debating.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully some decently priced dragon orbs.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In game gold prices really are like an economy. Supply and Demand controls priceing unfortunetly.

As of late there has been over a month of sales and specials going on ever weekend and the anivers packs every day for a month certainly made the prices of gold sky rocket. Now the only price of the gold that went up is the ingame gold price. So this directly effects those who only buy gold in AH for coin. No matter how high in game gold prices go you can still get same deal with real money. This is probably where I would guess most went when anivers packs came out. With the stacking of the sales we notice a much higher gold purchaseing and prices continue to go up.

The sales are nice certainly but those almost in by themselves cause the in game inflation IMO.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So please, please for the sake of those who buy gold in-game... refuse to pay above 200k after maintenance :) (no matter what sales entice you)
    I agree! Everybody else, please don't buy Gold, for the sake of me, a Gold buyer!

That way I can buy it at a low price.

Of course, that will cause prices to rise, but as has been pointed out repeatedly, the hard-facts-reality of these boycotts is that only a few could actually profit, while the majority will make the sacrifice and receive no benefit. So if that's reality, then I figure I might as well be one of those few. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I lol'ed at prices this morning. Buyers around 200k. Sellers at 500k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i forgot to log in to look >:
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ppl please grow some brains...

there are several variables to take in consider about the gold prices..

the recession in RL > less ppl can affort to charge gold

ingame inflation > the anni pack event brought billions of coins ingame (10m bank notes, money from oracles that got made with tokens)

gold sellers > they are sitting currently on a big pile of coins/gears and dont need to charge gold for a while with a result even less ppl charge gold that leads to less gold thats for sale and cause everyone still wants/needs gold to buy boutiek stuff ppl start paying more.

some ppl spended alot of money during the event and they wont charge gold for quite some time.

u can demand 100k~200k prices for gold but lets do some maths 50 gold at lets say 200k each leads to 10m. currently 10m is almost worth nothing.

if u want the gold prices down get the ppl to spend those billions that came ingame to npc's so that its out of the ingame rotation.

the last few events only brought a flood of items and money ingame what boosted the inflation alot.

and dont forget the ppl that got alot of money now would easaly buy up all gold at 100k~200k to sell for more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I lol'ed at prices this morning. Buyers around 200k. Sellers at 500k.

lol I saw that.

Actually, on sanc several cheap offers have been cropping up. A 315k, a 300k and a 312k popped up a few times during the day. And the 400k+ gold simply is not selling. At all. At this rate we could be looking at 250k gold within a few days and lower still over the coming weeks.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lowest price for gold i saw today was 350k, now its up to 430k
    and not everyone likes low gold prices. noticed how much worth tt mats now? venos can make lots of money now as all clerics seems to be given up on doing tt at all because of mp charm prices
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    like the OP, rule of thumb. If you dont like current gold prices dont pay them lol. Like many ppl have posted here b4 stated, gold probably wont go down that much. I expect it to settle around 250-300k. There's to much money in game, makeing 10mil out of thin air=more inflation for us :(. That's kinda funny to since b4 the anni packs PWE was trying to get rid of coin because there was too much. Since they made those anni packs they just created more coin. Gold Price is determined by the current demand for gold and the number of sellers. More sellers= a more competitive market for gold. Fewer sellers= less competitive. imo i see fewer sellers in the short run, people have spent alot of money for those anniversary packs, because of this gold sellers are less likely to purchase more zen. There are a number of factors affecting gold prices right now. but the best thing to do is buy gold now and when another event comes along that raises the price, sell your gold and make a nice profit :).
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    omfg our server is full of greedy sellers LAWL.

we are buyin for lik 200k+
    and they're sellin for 400k+
    b:shedtear i guys no piggies this week b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Give it a few days. Some people may not have logged in to cancel their sell now price.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lowest price for gold i saw today was 350k, now its up to 430k
    and not everyone likes low gold prices. noticed how much worth tt mats now? venos can make lots of money now as all clerics seems to be given up on doing tt at all because of mp charm prices
    A gold spirit charm recovers 900k mana for 4 gold (3 gold with sale). At a gold price of 430k, that's 0.5-0.7 mana per coin. At the pre-event price of gold of 200k, that's 800k (600k), or 1.125 - 1.5 mana per coin.

The herb yuanxiao sold during the event for around 1k-1.5k on HT. It restores 5000 mana, or 3.3-5 mana per coin. Before the event, sesame yuanxiao (restores 3000 mana) sold for around 1k, or 3 mana per coin. These were and still are much better values than a spirit charm.

If you don't want to do TT because you want to pay more money for the convenience of not activating an item once or twice a minute, blame yourself, not high gold prices.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A gold spirit charm recovers 900k mana for 4 gold (3 gold with sale). At a gold price of 430k, that's 0.5-0.7 mana per coin. At the pre-event price of gold of 200k, that's 800k (600k), or 1.125 - 1.5 mana per coin.

The herb yuanxiao sold during the event for around 1k-1.5k on HT. It restores 5000 mana, or 3.3-5 mana per coin. Before the event, sesame yuanxiao (restores 3000 mana) sold for around 1k, or 3 mana per coin. These were and still are much better values than a spirit charm.

If you don't want to do TT because you want to pay more money for the convenience of not activating an item once or twice a minute, blame yourself, not high gold prices.

Damn right! A herb yuanxio recovers 5000mp in 10 seconds. That's 30000 in a single minute. NO cleric alive can realistically burn that much mana that fast. You'd knock out a gold charm in half an hour if you could.

The only difficulty in using yuanxio is it requires a single press of whatever hotkey you assigned it to every once in a while. It's instant, you don't even need to pause. And clerics refuse to do TT and there's a mass of QQ over charm prices? wth guys...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009

So please, please for the sake of those who buy gold in-game... refuse to pay above 200k after maintenance :) (no matter what sales entice you)

For posts like this is that I made this tread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=450202

For some reason, people think this way.

I mean if I need a charm, I should not buy it because is too high due to gold prices?

In reality, there is nothing a buyer can do since he needs the consumable (charms) and for charms you need gold.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Learn to not use the charms. My barb is getting up there in levels and still has a gold charm he equipped around 30 levels ago. It's not hard if you play right.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold is worth more than 200k to me. I think I'll keep buying it for 350-425k thanks.

b:bye

(and sell occasionally for the same).
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    omfg our server is full of greedy sellers LAWL.

we are buyin for lik 200k+
    and they're sellin for 400k+
    b:shedtear i guys no piggies this week b:shedtear
    You do realize the 200k price you're seeing are greedy sellers of coin trying trying to get as much gold as possible for as little coin cost as they can get away with?

Both sets of prices you see are set by sellers. Sellers of gold and sellers of coin. Buyers make the bids and offers disappear so you generally don't see how much they're buying for.

The large spread between the two price (enormous really) means the market is in a state of flux. People aren't really sure what the true market price should be, so they're being careful and not offering to sell gold/sell coin until they have a better idea.
  • Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear
    Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    vbarbie wrote: »
    LOL! are you all forgeting something?? what about those Fking chests of coins ?? who not been a tard would sell 1 gold for 100k when 5 gold gets them 1 million tru that stupid chest?

Just acept it!! Chest of coins set the minum value of 1 gold to 200k End of story. Devs are setting the gold value since the introduction of that DAMN chest so pretty much we can't do sht to get gold to a lower price.

Jeez !!!! u are a noob,,don't u know u need perfect hammers to open the chest of coins.the hammer itself cost you 5 gold,so i don't see where your point is my friend
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?"
    - Epicurus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Jeez !!!! u are a noob,,don't u know u need perfect hammers to open the chest of coins.the hammer itself cost you 5 gold,so i don't see where your point is my friend

His point is that gold will never go below 180-200k because the chest of coins set the minimum that gold can go down to.
    1 gold = 200k
    5 gold/perfect hammer = 1mill
    chest of coin from rb and cube = free for completing them.

If gold goes below 200k then you can make a profit from buying the hammer for under a mil and opening your chests.

If gold goes above 200k then you make no money from the chests.

If gold stay at 200k then you break even with no profit.

Chances of gold going below 200 is good if no more sales happens, but the lowering isn't much.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The most effective way to lower gold prices that I know is for the generous gold buyers (me being included) friend each other and plan to buy gold at the same time and a good amount of it. The world chat saying something like "Gold is now being sold at normal price 100k each from me every 2 weeks (or blah blah and) and then people will refuse to buy gold from AH and much rather wait to buy it from the cheap gold tele-person. The greedy gold sellers will see that no one will make any attempt to buy their overpriced gold and sales will begin to either lower down to our price demand or disappear forever from AH.

This really is possible, it just needs to be organized. Like one said before me. One person wont make a change but if we get like like 10 people or more doing this, it will happen. If gold prices can rise to insane prices, it could also be lowered to "crazy" prices toob:kiss
    b:shocked
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [
    His point is that gold will never go below 180-200k because the chest of coins set the minimum that gold can go down to.
    1 gold = 200k
    5 gold/perfect hammer = 1mill
    chest of coin from rb and cube = free for completing them.

If gold goes below 200k then you can make a profit from buying the hammer for under a mil and opening your chests.

If gold goes above 200k then you make no money from the chests.

If gold stay at 200k then you break even with no profit.

Chances of gold going below 200 is good if no more sales happens, but the lowering isn't much.

Once the system i mentioned happens, this situation will easily be solved by people with chest of coins just keeping it themselves because they wouldnt sell it, it isn't worth it. Not everything has to be sold, i doubt people buy EVERYTHING in boutique but then again I could be wrong lolo The system isnt perfect, there will be few said items that players will refuse to sell for 100k because of it, but just for those particular items
    b:shocked
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The most effective way to lower gold prices that I know is for the generous gold buyers (me being included) friend each other and plan to buy gold at the same time and a good amount of it. The world chat saying something like "Gold is now being sold at normal price 100k each from me every 2 weeks (or blah blah and) and then people will refuse to buy gold from AH and much rather wait to buy it from the cheap gold tele-person. The greedy gold sellers will see that no one will make any attempt to buy their overpriced gold and sales will begin to either lower down to our price demand or disappear forever from AH.

This really is possible, it just needs to be organized. Like one said before me. One person wont make a change but if we get like like 10 people or more doing this, it will happen. If gold prices can rise to insane prices, it could also be lowered to "crazy" prices toob:kiss

Higher prices =/= greed, and believe me- we have enough coins to buy every bit of "charity" gold that will ever hit the market (and all such gold will be resold, believe this).
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Higher prices =/= greed, and believe me- we have enough coins to buy every bit of "charity" gold that will ever hit the market (and all such gold will be resold, believe this).

Which is why reselling needs to be removed from the game, one way or another. It does not let prices go down.

Make it so only gold bought with zen can be sold. Any gold that has changed hands at all in the game cannot be sold, nor can any items bought with it be traded.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Which is why reselling needs to be removed from the game, one way or another. It does not let prices go down.

Make it so only gold bought with zen can be sold. Any gold that has changed hands at all in the game cannot be sold, nor can any items bought with it be traded.

I think deep down you know just how stupid that sounds.

1.) gold can't change hands except through the AH.*

2.) "selling gold" (ie selling charms for xxx,xxx coins/gold) will inevitably end-up in a continual re-sale process (example: fashion).

*maybe you were talking about this, but Paulita wasn't.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Easier way to solve this problem.

Remove the ability to trade gold. See? Problem Resolved.
    That way people that choose to not spend any money will no longer have to complain that it takes an extra hour now to grind the extra gold to buy the optional items they "have to have" from the cash shop.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Easier way to solve this problem.

Remove the ability to trade gold. See? Problem Resolved.

they would lose more than half the playerbase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    they would lose more than half the playerbase

It would also stop these pointless threads on gold prices.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.