In game pet peaves

Options

Comments

• Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Do you know what plural means? I will sincerely explain this to you (no sarcasm).

A noun is a person, place, or thing. **** is a noun, for example. To pluralize the word **** would be to make it plural. A noun being plural means there's more than one. Usually the rule for this is adding -s to the end unless the word already ends in s, in which case you would add -es. This would make asses the plural form of ****.

The mistake I pointed out is adding 's to the end of a word. This is done either for the possessive form of a noun (something belongs to it) or a contraction with the word is.
    Possessive: My ****'s texture is like a rose petal
    Contraction: My ****'s like a rose petal.

Because **** ends with the letter s, both of the above look a little strange when you read them. It also looks especially strange when you use the wrong form.
    Thanks for explaining I actually learned something I think my teacher isn't good at teaching at all just a ***** so i don't pay attention in her class which explains why I'm not good in language class lmao
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks for explaining I actually learned something I think my teacher isn't good at teaching at all just a ***** so i don't pay attention in her class which explains why I'm not good in language class lmao
    Sometimes it's easier when the example is relevant. I doubt your teacher would have used the word "****" when explaining it. If you can help it, though, I'd really encourage you to try to get along with your English teacher. I don't know what grade you're in, but they can end up being the most helpful, useful, and sometimes interesting teachers you'll have.

ANYWAY

4. "buff plz" - I just want to put my hands around the neck of whatever little bug-eyed weirdo who happens to say this to me. Yes, I'm a cleric, but I'll buff you if I feel like it. I never ask for this kind of thing on my non cleric alts 'cause cleric buffs aren't really vital for regular grinding.
    5. "res plz" - This one's a bit more understandable, but it's still annoying if I'm flying by and someone randomly whispers me asking for it.
    6a. Barbs who don't use tiger form against regular mobs in instances and don't get aggro on the whole group. I had a horrible BH59 experience with a barb in his 70s who insisted on going the whole way to Zimo in his humanoid form. Because he only got one monster's attention, the party had to scramble every time I healed him (which had to be super late) or someone else DDed. When he finally died, he said I was a bad cleric. RAGE
    6b. People who Casanova the boss when the tank is not an aggro-grabbing barb. Yes, I'm aware that Casanova was a womanizer and not a blind attacker. As a cleric, I have to keep my eye on everyone who decides it's time to make a mistake, and killing Vriddis with a low 60s BM and way-too-eager DDs is a nightmare.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1)People who just scam in west arch(I'm talking about when people say BH69 or 79 and say 90k or 50k to get in)

do u mean wine cost? >.>
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    -People who spam their catshop every 2 seconds - especially when it is just a copy/paste of the same bad grammar & spelling, as well as something nobody really wants. Also when they say stuff like, "Buy my stuff I'm poor!"
    -People that get mad at me because I don't want to go on their BH, especially when there's 50 people spamming for help on the one they want.
    -The above but also with repeated begging including baby-talk like "Pweeese!"
    -People that don't 'wait their turn' on mini bosses. I'll gladly squad with someone on them if they ask, but if they come along and start pounding on it after I've been waiting in line and started it myself, I usually will just thank them for their "help" while they're whinging about not getting credit for the kill.
    -People that ask for help with something then say, "Oh, I want to do CS first."
    -Factions where 3/4 of the members are alts.
    -Blind faction invites. I've joined out of curiosity before only to find I was higher level than the leader ... and everyone else in it.
    -Blind Embrace invites if I'm playing a female.
    -The random "rez pls" and "buff plz" when I'm playing my cleric, especially if they get rude if I don't.
    -Not really a peeve, but I find it hilarious when people ask for my help killing mobs when they are in PK mode (on PvE) ... you're so tough you can PK but not kill mobs your own level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People who:

- KS me because at some point in their lives some random venos KSed them ( I never KS );
    - send me random friend/guild invites without even saying hi first;
    - tabbers who forget that you are helping them too, and not just them helping you get some rep and exp;
    - ask to join a team and then they don't do any killing/healing, letting me do all the work;
    - are too lazy to do their own quests and drive the higher lvls crazy by asking for help when they don't need it;
    - ask help with a boss but don't listen to what you say and end up being killed by the boss' AOE;
    - asking me to sell them at a ridiculous low price the items that I am using;

And last but not least, venos who ask for help with bosses that they can solo.

Actually that can't be last I'm sure there are more, but this is all I can think of at the moment.
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People who:

- KS me because at some point in their lives some random venos KSed them ( I never KS );

You always KS me when you're teaming up with me, but I'm not really complaining since you're always helping me with my bosses and hard quests b:chuckleb:victory

Anyway, here's mine:

1) "Buff plx".
    2) "Rez plx".
    3) Someone trying to make me go to the other side of the map for a res.
    4) Barbs who can't keep aggro.
    5) l33t talk.
    6) People who think that just because you don't have a perfect English, then you're a noob. (I'm not talking about l33t talk, that's just bad, but English isn't everyone's mother tongue, and not everyone is good at it, that doesn't mean they're bad players though).
    7) Having the other clerics in the team make me the main healer.
    8) People who think I'm fail cause I give level my attack skills.
    9) Leeroy Jenkinses, especially if they die in one hit.
    10) People spamming for help.
    11) Tabbers who think that just because they've got the tab, means they can treat you like ****.
  • Oichii - Dreamweaver
    Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Things ppl do in game that **** me off ~_~

- Clerics that stand there watching ppl get hit yet don't heal >.> Its like 10 Seconds later, they manage to lazily press the Wish-heart button when my team-mates almost dead xD

- Clerics that run around and buff a zillion times in a single FB ~_~

- Blademasters that charge towards mobs in FB69 or 79 when my Herc's luring and I'm yet to summon it back >_>... I just let them die...

- Lv 1 Noobs at Starter Towns whispering me and saying "You look sexy" ._.

- Barbarians that wait till my Herc tanks mobs, then rush towards them. Not like its a bad thing but aren't Barbs the ones that can "Tank" *Cough Cough*. I rarely see any barbarian rush to tank, only a few really *manly* ones. Most barbs are chicken it seems ._. or count on Veno to tank...

- Ppl asking me for help, then invite someone else for help that takes like zomg 1 Hr to get there and them saying "The More the better, You wouldn't know what would happen".. All this for a puny boss like Khewy, Architect or FB51 Final Boss.. ~_~

- The Stupid Random In-Game GM Announcements that freeze the screen for 3 - 4 seconds just when I'm like AOEing on 12 Mobs >.>...

- The most annoying one - Tabbers in FB that re-tab in the same pillar after we killed that Tabbed Boss ._.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1- ppl dueling me all day long -.- i just cancell tho
    2- nubs asking me money lol im more poor than u 0.0
    3- ppl spamming "carry" on me -.-

b:cold

mayhaps because your a DrunkWizard.
    DX

Also smart ****'s like this person.

I must commend whoever taught you english.
    +1 if u don't like my spelling then GTFO OF MY THREAD

ehhh strange why are you getting so upset over such a tiny thing. o.o'

1) "Buff plx".
    2) "Rez plx".

what the heck? who are those people and why are they using my name instead of please?

My in game pet peeves:
    1. None so far.
    O.o' probably due to the sheer number of horrible F2P mmorpgs I've played before PWI.

Edit: ehh I finally thought of something.
    1. Barbs who can't tank. Was once in a BH39 run with THREE barbs...none of them could tank (we were all 53+ at least) they all died and couldnt hold aggro at all.
    I think I actually lost more exp doing that BH then I gained from it. -.-'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oohh two I forgot:
    - Being asked to revive someone, while I'm playing my Wiz, then being called snotty for explaining that only clerics can do that.
    - a cleric buffing over my apothecary potions.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. Clerics that think they are blademasters.
    2. Venos that don't know how to lure.
    3. Barbs that can't maintain agro.
    4. Noobs asking me for money.
    5. Noobs asking me to cyber with them.
    6. People asking me to divorce my in-game husband and marry them.
    7. People asking me for a res when I am a blademaster.
    8. People wanting to buy my clothes, mount, and/or armor.
    9. People that use the cube bug/glitch in room 1.
    10. People who pk low levels just because they can.
    12. People that spam their shop or whatever in trade and common chat.
    13. People that bash on other players in any chat for any reason.
    14. Random friend and embrace requests.
    15. People asking me to leave my faction and lead theirs (yea like that is going to happen).
    16. People refusing to lend a helping hand after you broke your back to help them.
    17. Stupid people who just don't get the meaning of the word "no".
    18. Random squad requests.
    19. People who believe that they are better than low level players despite the fact that they themselves were once a "noob".
    20. The lousy customer service from PWI when there is real money involved.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    22. Ending a list in an odd number so I had to put this here (obsessive compulsive disorder).

It would have been more elegant to cut one of your peeves out and stop at 20. Multiples of 10 totally beat even numbers.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Then I wouldn't know which one to take out unless I just combined two to bring it down.

I think I'll go do that now.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me the most is people who brag and ego-stroke about defeating a foe using superior force, such as ganking in world pvp or attacking weak factions in TW. (Not the act of doing it, its just the bragging and face-rubbing afterward that's irritates me.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That bugs the hell out of me too.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me the most is people who brag and ego-stroke about defeating a foe using superior force, such as ganking in world pvp or attacking weak factions in TW. (Not the act of doing it, its just the bragging and face-rubbing afterward that's irritates me.)

Be a level 105 character watching a level 30 fight monsters. Wait until the level 30 is low on hp, then attack them from behind and kill them. Then of course brag about how you "Owned" them. Afterwards, you see another player going to attack you, even though its a level 30, you never learned how to deal with anyone who can see you coming or fight back so you can only run like the coward you are.

My list:

1: People who brag about being good in pvp yet still need to stop their opponent from being able to hit them. Just showing they are NOT good.

2: Player greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. Drama llamas
    2. Scammers
    3. People that try to carry my female alts.
    4. Lvl 70s that run around in low level armor and duel all the nubs in a low level area.
    5. Overpriced catshops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daknightofdarkness
    daknightofdarkness Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my peeve is people who try to hit on me even after i tell them im a guy veno ><

lol I am sorry , but its just to funny xD

My pet peeve is where people raise the gold prices 400-500k above normal standards.

2: when so many people Beg you to help you when your already helping someone else

3: When you are fighting a Pker Solo and they KNOW you have a charm and they lose anyways >_>...( but i get to keep there stuff xD)

4: When you fight a mob and a pker dmgs you s a mob can kill you so you lose exp

5: When Big Shoots in the game think there all that and prove them selves are noobs xD

6: hard to find a Gm when you need them, countless of people trying to pretend being GMS in games....* yes i have screen shoots and sent tickets before* ( when people ask for a GM an world chat)

7: When People are in Team Mode and ALWAYS ask where are u >_> ( Check the map)

and 8: When people have no life and lv like 5 lvs a day and get no sleep LOL
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not a failure in education I'm just not good with language class besides that I make good grades in my other classes so don't be a smart **** or unless you really wanna start some **** with me

The failure of an entire education system isn't your fault.

I wasn't talking about you, please read for context next time b:surrender

And if I wanted to "start" something, I wouldn't be too concerned by a 6x WR b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    a pet peeve i have is when the so called tank in party sorta waits for me to go ahead before them.
    in some fb/bhs ive had, the barb will stand there and sorta wait for me to go, and ill take like baby steps waiting for him to...its all very confusing.
    and some other bosses there will be a 85+ bm/barb and wont attack boss until i decide im done waiting and rush in, then they go. Q_Q

i have other pet peeves but i dont feel like posting that much...
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. people who don't respect wafflesb:angry
    2. getting asked for carries from strangers
    3. trying to help people who don't give a d**n
    4. flying monkeys, them mother f**kers have to stay on the ground!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im a bit bored so what are some things you see ppl do in game that just bug the ***k out of you

for example here are my 2 :

2. Extra **** names like a veno named veno_____ or names like XblademasterX , basicly names with the class they are IN them

You don't like it when other name themselves the way you do but what about yourself?I would say lately it is Venos who throw bramble guard on me and others in a dungeon instead of tanks Barbs/BMs.

^I love waffles especially those made by the waffle fleet ay Waffle Bar and Grill on STG.Blueberry are my best.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ^I love waffles especially those made by the waffle fleet ay Waffle Bar and Grill on STG.Blueberry are my best.

belgian_waffles_topped.jpg

Them be my favorite waffles :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    belgian_waffles_topped.jpg

Them be my favorite waffles :)
    i sooo hate you for putting up them waffles OMG b:cry
    i gotta killer craving now
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1) People who type "HEAL ME" in battle, regardless of whether the tank is tanking or whether I'm fending off mobs of my own.

1.5) In fact, anyone who thinks they know how to be a cleric without ever trying it themselves. If it's so easy, YOU do it.

2) The Territory War system. It's impossible for newer factions to get any territory from the 2-3 mega-factions.

3) Serial kill-stealers. Once is an accident. Twice is stupidity. Three times is just being an ***hole.

4) World chat. Just... world chat.

5) Ninja faction invites. I usually fend them off by typing "I'm not very active" or "this is an alt"... both of which are usually true. If they're willing to accept the char anyway, then I join... just to stop the ninja faction invites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1) People who type "HEAL ME" in battle, regardless of whether the tank is tanking or whether I'm fending off mobs of my own.

1.5) In fact, anyone who thinks they know how to be a cleric without ever trying it themselves. If it's so easy, YOU do it.

This b:surrender Also, tanks who don't realize that clerics are slower than them and can't be right behind them to heal, especially if there's a lot of running, then mobs/boss...

I've had tanks who run into the mobs expecting me to be right there healing, and get frustrated when I'm not. Not my fault I'm 4.8 m/s, try waiting until you see me next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i sooo hate you for putting up them waffles OMG b:cry
    i gotta killer craving now

Welcome to my world, atleast you don't crave waffles 24/7, It's a curse but also a giftb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Beefchicken - Heavens Tear
    Beefchicken - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1- World Chat Abusers
    2- People who invite you to a squad and booting you after you have generously buffed them.
    3- People who like to block the Auctioneer with their huge mounts in all directions.
    4- Random players that mack on my female archer. Also the random Embraces invites.
    5- People that like to botch up BH runs. I had a squad that was using the veno camera lure trick for BH29. One cleric kept going to the tower room to lure more mobs towards the squad.
    6- Logging into the game and getting disconnected a minute later.
    7- People who don't know how to use the word 'noob' in the correct context.

b:pleased I'm glad I got that off my chest....
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Veno's with the word "Foxy" or "Sexy" in their name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Another cure for ninja faction invites: Make one yourself.

Guild Drazo FTW. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. Coming up on someone (or a group of several) who are hunting, asking them politely "Are you also killing the X mob here?" and being totally ignored. Note- I'm not asking to join, not just waltzing up and KS'ing, I'm asking. Sometimes I wish I WAS an obnoxious wench.

2. People who put their cat/cow shops on top of crafting merchant locations. Like, ON the blacksmith's anvil. Seriously... park it to the side.

3. People who don't take "no" for an answer. If I decline a squad, an invite to be powerlevelled or a friend invite, don't take it like a personal affront and a reason to badger me about it. I don't friend people I haven't even talked to, I may not want to squad because I'm short on time or not interested in killing stuff, and I'm happy running my own schedule for levelling (which is when I d*mn well want to with many afk's.) Accept "no, thanks :) " and relax already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.