In game pet peaves

Options
_howler_ - Lost City
_howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
im a bit bored so what are some things you see ppl do in game that just bug the ***k out of you

for example here are my 2 :

1. Low lv bms that have robes on. b:angry ill sit there and hope there char dies fighting a melee mob
2. Extra **** names like a veno named veno_____ or names like XblademasterX , basicly names with the class they are IN them
Post edited by _howler_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. People who make up spellings such as "peaves"
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1)People who just scam in west arch(I'm talking about when people say BH69 or 79 and say 90k or 50k to get in).

2)People who send me random invites, like when I'm killing low level mobs and people send me a invite for like help because there to lazy to do it there self.

3)Complaining on world chat, becoming more and more annoying everyday.

These are just a few, I could go on with how annoying people become everyday.
    1. People who make up spellings such as "peaves"

Also smart ****'s like this person.
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    +1 if u don't like my spelling then GTFO OF MY THREAD
  • Retina - Sanctuary
    Retina - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    +1 if u don't like my spelling then GTFO OF MY THREAD

So you ask her what her pet peeve is, then tell her to get out when she states it? Interesting.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1- ppl dueling me all day long -.- i just cancell tho
    2- nubs asking me money lol im more poor than u 0.0
    3- ppl spamming "carry" on me -.-

b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akie_Sano - Sanctuary
    Akie_Sano - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People who ask to buy my mount or wings because I'm wearing them.
  • Retina - Sanctuary
    Retina - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People who ask to buy my mount or wings because I'm wearing them.

Completely agree. I know it's not a mount or wings, but I dyed a set of clothes, and not 5 minutes later did I have people whispering me to buy them. >.<
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Higher lvl people that agree to help with something and then act like his/her time is somehow more valuable then everyone's else's (and leaves before it can even be done).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • jachos
    jachos Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was helping a lower level in my faction on a random mob quest, and she went AFK flying and put follow on while I killed the mobs. I think you should at least try to put forth some effort!
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ∴People who keep using PWI forums to say they're leaving for ∀ⅠОП; I mean c'mon please- after character customization (yeah sure my priest looks pretty cool, but so does Kannon...) it's one hell-of-a lame game, no where near as good as PW so far.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my peeve is people who try to hit on me even after i tell them im a guy veno ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1: People who ask for help killing quest mobs then say "afk" or "sorry bad lag". If you dont make an effort and try to help by the time I have killed 5, Im dumping your ****

2: Unimaginative Fem char names like HotLips, SugarBuns or Hottie... good sign its a guy playing

3: People who complain about others using class skills during duals. "Nub you healed". no Sh*t sherlock Im a cleric

4: Lists
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    - Beggars. Work for your stuff like everyone else.
    - Scammers.
    - People who think BM = useless. Or any class = useless.
    - Clerics who don't know what "purify" is.
    - Those who thinks they know everything, then fail, and refuse to listen.
    - Venos with "fox", "foxy" or "foxxxy" in their names.
    - "I LOVE <insert name here> SO MUCH!!!!!!!!" messages in WC.
    - Drama queens.
    - Blind friend invites.

And my biggest one:
    - Players who forget they were new once, and treat the new folks like ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Some pet peaves of mine
    - Waiting in some instance for 10+ mins cuz a party member is too cheap to tele from arch and ends up flying all the way down picking up mats/herbs on the way
    - People falling asleep at the keyboard during 3-1 just before time boss
    - People calling me out in WC then sit in safe zone saying they're owning me
    - Friends/guildies asking for help with pks, travel across the map to find the pker was just on WQ and long gone
    - People asking for help but not willing to help back
    - Lowbies expecting that anyone above their level should be helping them with quests they can solo or expecting free stuff because higher levels obviously have money to burn. Also lowbies constantly asking for help with their BH or their level HH. It's not like anybody else has their own BH or HH's to be doing...
    - n00b thinking he/she isn't a n00b
    - scammers
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    World Chat. Everything that isn't asking for help or facilitating trade is something that I don't need or care to see. The sheer amount of idiotic, narcissistic, homophobic (except for those that seem to love lesbians and want to tell us about it every 20 min <3), bs makes me and a lot of others click on faction chat to get rid of it.

Do we really need a progress report every time you open one of the 400 anni packs you just bought?

Do any of us lol when you bash another player (who is most likely your alt because you are all high and mighty on your safe little PVE server) for the better part of an hour?

How many coins do you people waste on teles per hour? Seriously STFU and open a chat room or find some actual friends to talk with in game instead of shouting random bs to the whole server.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    -beggars...
    -guildie who lets me fly all across the map (cleric) to invite me at the moment I'm there... to let me find out he's squadded with another cleric, both unbuffed. yeh sorry, the killing isn't going fast enough... -.-
    -people who don't know what teamwork or luring is...
    -veno's that don't know how to lure
    -a certain bm who thinks he's a lurer... (lures 5 exploding mobs to the rest of the squad > dead cleric) btw, nothing against bm's ;) squadded with some real good ones ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    - Scammers.
    - Those who thinks they know everything, then fail, and refuse to listen.
    - Blind friend invites.
    -veno's that don't know how to lure

Those ^
    [cut] but I dyed a set of clothes, and not 5 minutes later did I have people whispering me to buy them. >.<

People asking me to trade my pure white or black fashion for purple.. If I wanted purple would I have dyed it black ?

Last one : Random faction invites on my new lvl 3X alt. They don't even talk to me first. It just makes me wonder what kind of loyalty do people have in factions when you just get randomly recruted cause you were standing there at that exact moment. Because saying Hello would you like to join my faction is sssooo hard.. b:chuckle
  • X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pand0ra wrote: »
    Last one : Random faction invites on my new lvl 3X alt. They don't even talk to me first. It just makes me wonder what kind of loyalty do people have in factions when you just get randomly recruted cause you were standing there at that exact moment. Because saying Hello would you like to join my faction is sssooo hard.. b:chuckle

^This definately!

As if to say 'Join our faction even though we won't tell you anything about it. And if you do join, rarely are any of us going to be online so you're basically on your own anyway. Oh, but you still have to pay us 50k a week so we can grow 'together' as a faction.'

Yeah....thanks anyway. b:bye
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    random beggars with stupid excuses example: but its my birthday
    people who want to buy stuff off me like my mount
    people who are to lazy to kill their own standard mob quests
    anyone who fails badly in playing their class(i exclude noobs who are stil learning it)
    venos with hercs who think they are better tanks then me(seen enough hercs die then me and the cleric(s) having to save the entire squad)
    random squad/faction invites
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:angryRead my sigb:angry

And also people who join your squad with like 30/60 mobs, and you & your friend have like 5/60 mobs, then they get their quest done and call it quits.
    Same thing in TT. E.G The chientiens edge boss is before the broken drum boss. One person needs their edges but not drums and just quits. It happened once and she was the only cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kuddlebear - Harshlands
    Kuddlebear - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1Girl chars that refuse embrace.b:shockedb:sadb:cry
    JK^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Official carebear of Harshlands since 26-09-2009.b:dirty
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    • Spamming for any reason in common chat
    • Using common or world chat as a trade channel
    • Beggars
    • Random squad invites while in towns
    • Mobs automatically scoring 1 or 2 hits on you AFTER you kill it
    • Unable to turn off system messages
    • PWI is way too money-based (in-game included)
    • People that constantly use "txtspeak" all the time
    • People that ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS, NO MATTER WHAT
    • People that huddle around npcs, especially when on mounts
    • Catshops that have the exact same item in both the buying and selling sections (why is this even allowed??)
    • People that simply refuse to try to learn how to do things or to look up their own information on what they need to know
    • Not enough quests at each level to fully level up without having to grind for most of the level
    • Crazy Stone and World Quest exp should be at least doubled or even tripled. At high levels, it can take you at least 2-3 weeks (or longer) to level up doing just those every day
    • Blacklist is limited to 20 names (should be unlimited and the list on our computer)
    • People that could die to a mob easily that insist on getting right in their face, often dying as a result (when the squad says to stay back, they mean it!)
    • Anything PvP related on PvE servers (including random duel requests)
    • People that ask you for help with mobs but make you do all the work
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So you ask her what her pet peeve is, then tell her to get out when she states it? Interesting.

He forgot to list "constructive criticism" as a pet peeve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well excuse me but i felt he/she was being a smartass >_>

edit:

4. people that wanna be a smartass in the 1st few post in my threads( tho thats not ingame)

btw ty for the responsive and staying on topic
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also smart ****'s like this person.
    2. People who make fools of themselves by not being able to pluralize a noun

Also as a bonus
    3. People who insist on making all their posts a certain color. Posting on a forum typically means you want your words to be read, but it makes me skip the post.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    2. People who make fools of themselves by not being able to pluralize a noun
    Lmao I'm still in high school and not good in language so whats pluralize mean?
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

This is for you: http://www.funbrain.com/plurals/index.html
    (my pet peeve is the failure of modern education)

And people who go "omg u suk" when they kill me, despite the fact that I tanked three of them unbuffed b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is for you: http://www.funbrain.com/plurals/index.html
    (my pet peeve is the failure of modern education)

And people who go "omg u suk" when they kill me, despite the fact that I tanked three of them unbuffed b:surrender
    I'm not a failure in education I'm just not good with language class besides that I make good grades in my other classes so don't be a smart **** or unless you really wanna start some **** with me
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Do you know what plural means? I will sincerely explain this to you (no sarcasm).

A noun is a person, place, or thing. **** is a noun, for example. To pluralize the word **** would be to make it plural. A noun being plural means there's more than one. Usually the rule for this is adding -s to the end unless the word already ends in s, in which case you would add -es. This would make asses the plural form of ****.

The mistake I pointed out is adding 's to the end of a word. This is done either for the possessive form of a noun (something belongs to it) or a contraction with the word is.
    Possessive: My ****'s texture is like a rose petal
    Contraction: My ****'s like a rose petal.

Because **** ends with the letter s, both of the above look a little strange when you read them. It also looks especially strange when you use the wrong form.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Higher lvl people that agree to help with something and then act like his/her time is somehow more valuable then everyone's else's (and leaves before it can even be done).

People who ask me to help them and then keep me waiting.

Also...
    PVP enabled areas on PVE servers for seemingly no reason. (for example room 43 in the cube)
    People who use the cube to pvp on such servers because they dont have the balls to play on a pvp server and just want soft targets.
    Random requests for help doing long quests or instances.
    Any request for help with a quest that is designed to be done solo (eg kill 30 normal mobs)
    Flying pets getting stuck on the ground.
    PW crashing when I try and alt-tab back in.
    - Venos with "fox", "foxy" or "foxxxy" in their names.

:(