Question: Warsoul Weapons - what are replacing Frostcover mats?

Mer_Lina - Sanctuary
Mer_Lina - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I was wondering since they did away with the Frostcover mats, did they have replacement mats to make the pieces of Warsoul Weapons from that instance? If you know anything, please share.

Thanks.
Post edited by Mer_Lina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    mysterious chips
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Which luckily can be obtained from anniversary packs which are conveniently located in the in-game boutique.

To access the boutique simply press O on your keyboard while in-game.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That sounds eerily like the red type in-game >.>...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Which luckily can be obtained from anniversary packs which are conveniently located in the in-game boutique.

To access the boutique simply press O on your keyboard while in-game.

wait....I can get end game gear from the boutique?? wow that is so awesome! I can see why everybody loves this game so much! you can just buy awesome gear with real money and not even work for it! AWESOME!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wait....I can get end game gear from the boutique?? wow that is so awesome! I can see why everybody loves this game so much! you can just buy awesome gear with real money and not even work for it! AWESOME!

Yup, pay money, and you become full of epicness with your "I-Didn't-Work-Hard-For-My-Gear". Pay money, and you are a god. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009

It would be cheaper to buy from people in game than it is to buy the mats from chipping to get much of the gear.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can we get back on topic? It seem the event has become the new Godwin's law (to replace 'Veno are OP') of this message board. But the OP asks a valid question, & there's enough anti-event threads to post in about all that.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yup, pay money, and you become full of epicness with your "I-Didn't-Work-Hard-For-My-Gear". Pay money, and you are a god. b:surrender

I beg to differ. I work HARD for my RL money. Which means if I choose to spend someon the game nad get some stuff, its still been worked for! Don't be so quick to trash people that work hard for their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I beg to differ. I work HARD for my RL money. Which means if I choose to spend someon the game nad get some stuff, its still been worked for! Don't be so quick to trash people that work hard for their money.

Thats not the point... Didnt you know only bums and layabouts should have endgame gear
    Letting people who work in RL and dont play 24/7 get these items is soooo fail b:shutup
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So... back to the OP's point... will there be a way other than chips to make the necessary items?
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think mysterious chips are the easiest from what I've heard. Good luck getting your warsoul! ^-^
  • Jolanar - Dreamweaver
    Jolanar - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For those you who forget while yes you can use RL money to get chips for your gear. You can also do cube runs for those same chips. Now I do understand this would take a considerable amount of time but no use of RL money. And you get your gear.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Hasn't someone done the math, and found it would require about 22,000+ DOLLARS just to buy their way to having one warsoul weapon. Honestly, if someone wants to spend that much on a game for one item, they can have it. As well as the negative stigma that will see it wasted for the most part, at least on PvE servers. The guy who bought his warsoul is coming? PK flag removed. PK party going on, everyone takes off and waits for him to leave. Be interesting to see how long someone lasts having a weapon that leaves them unable to pk anymore. Though people on PvP servers would still be screwed.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For the symbolic amount of $27,000 you can buy a warsoul weapon from chips that you can get from the anni packs.

So, go get your credit card and get a warsoul weapon
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i believe u can also get one of the mats from HH (feng's something) and exchange those for the mats. their in HH 90 though
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009

real life work != in game play

daddies credit card isn't a legit way to PLAY the game.

notice the key word there. you're not even playing, you're paying and wasting time.
    edited September 2009
    prof wrote: »
    real life work != in game play

daddies credit card isn't a legit way to PLAY the game.

notice the key word there. you're not even playing, you're paying and wasting time.

However, somehow, the only reason freeloaders have a free game to play is because his daddy and other CS users are paying for you to play.....

So, if you think people that use CCs are not legit players, good luck finding a free game to pay.

Next time you see him, bow down and thank him for choosing to spend his money so you get a free game to be uber at.

Very wierd that people can be so rude to those that make their free gaming experience possible.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If I understand properly:

Frostcovered materials have been replaced by frostcovered gear.

And, since you no longer need hundreds of the things your chance of a gear drop is significantly lower than your chance of a material drop was. (But their gear drop chances have not become proportionally lower -- if you do frost runs your squad has a real chance of getting a nice piece of gear every few runs.)

The materials themselves were used as the combine material for the warsoul, not the frost item it made. By removing the materials and shifting it to item drops, they've effectively eliminated that method of making the warsoul pieces.
    Hasn't someone done the math, and found it would require about 22,000+ DOLLARS just to buy their way to having one warsoul weapon. Honestly, if someone wants to spend that much on a game for one item, they can have it. As well as the negative stigma that will see it wasted for the most part, at least on PvE servers. The guy who bought his warsoul is coming? PK flag removed. PK party going on, everyone takes off and waits for him to leave. Be interesting to see how long someone lasts having a weapon that leaves them unable to pk anymore. Though people on PvP servers would still be screwed.

Does it matter? It's a legitimate option to get things seeing as how the game providers offer it for money. If someone is in the financial position that they're able to spend $22,000 for a game item and want to does that make it wrong? That same person could also buy the same house, car, boat, computer, tv, entertainment system, or anything else for less work (or a nicer one for the same time spent). Why do you accept that in one circumstance but not in another? If you're going to blacklist people on PvE servers that pay money, to what degree are you going to hold to your believes?
    Are you going to accept it only if they spend an amount of money you approve of (a portion of your disposable income)?
    Are you going to accept it only if they spend no more than an arbitrary amount you decide such as 15/month?
    Are you going to accept it if they only spend money on aesthetic items with no gameplay effect?
    Are you going to accept it if they buy gold with coin (purchasing gold while making someone else pay the bill)?
    Are you going to accept it only if they buy specific items you approve of?

If you've ever used or grouped with someone using a dragon orb, guardian angel, esoterica, inventory extention, bank extention, herc/nix, almost any mount, any flying mount but the freebie, socket stone, anniversary pack gear (oh hey... that includes flawless shards), jolly gear (hmm... oracles, scarlet fruit, beautiful shards), charm, or reset note, you've already invalidated your argument as you've accepted people that either pay cash shop users to get ingame advantages, or pay cash to get ingame advantages. The only difference is in the amount spent which has no bearing on if you're getting an advantage... only the degree of the advantage.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It will take you over a decade to farm chips on your own to get enough for a warsoul. Then you actually need the actual craft money, which is billions.

Its impossible to get a warsoul in any reasonable time frame, on your own, unless you spend $22k on this game.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If people want to spend their hard earned money on this game, seriously be my guest. Its your money, your choice.
    What i believe alot of players are saying is that while the CS players can get lots of good stuff from spending $$, it should be a form where they can progress in the game easier or faster than those that do not use the CS... but not IMMEDIATELY.
    You can allow CS players the advantage but making these items so easily available is pushing the boundaries.
    edited September 2009
    If people want to spend their hard earned money on this game, seriously be my guest. Its your money, your choice.
    What i believe alot of players are saying is that while the CS players can get lots of good stuff from spending $$, it should be a form where they can progress in the game easier or faster than those that do not use the CS... but not IMMEDIATELY.
    You can allow CS players the advantage but making these items so easily available is pushing the boundaries.

$22k is easily available???????
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pay money?

It takes:
    $18486 US to make
    277290 Tokens to make
    308100 Mysterious chips to make; You also need an additional 6.75 Billion coins to craft them.
    700 Warsoul pieces to make

1 Warsoul weapon with 3 of 6 random attributes.

Even if you make one there is a good chance you wont get any mods worth making people fall to their knees in awe. For $18k irl I'd be wanting a weapon with epic graphics that kill stuff like tt bosses just by being within 100m of them automatically. But then I'd be bored with the game if it were so easy.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pay money?

It takes:
    $18486 US to make
    277290 Tokens to make
    308100 Mysterious chips to make; You also need an additional 6.75 Billion coins to craft them.
    700 Warsoul pieces to make

1 Warsoul weapon with 3 of 6 random attributes.

Even if you make one there is a good chance you wont get any mods worth making people fall to their knees in awe. For $18k irl I'd be wanting a weapon with epic graphics that kill stuff like tt bosses just by being within 100m of them automatically. But then I'd be bored with the game if it were so easy.

I would take no automatically killing but 5 hits maximum. And 20 hits for world bosses.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I might be wrong but cant one break donw TT mats at the big guy in archo , and he will turn them INTO the mats for a warsoul device right, look I know it might be a LONG time to get but not out of the realm of doable... one would hope.
    PLEASE , let someone buy 22K of stuff from this game, OMG I will thank them for singlehandly paying for all the updates that year ^^ LOL
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I might be wrong but cant one break donw TT mats at the big guy in archo , and he will turn them INTO the mats for a warsoul device right, look I know it might be a LONG time to get but not out of the realm of doable... one would hope.
    PLEASE , let someone buy 22K of stuff from this game, OMG I will thank them for singlehandly paying for all the updates that year ^^ LOL

There's 7 types of warsoul fragments (and you need 100 of each but thats besides the point). Each of the 7 is constructed from different mats. 1 of them is through TT gold mats, another through Lunar mats, and other through frost mats. I dont know the source of all 7 fragments, but the 1 of the 7 types that needs frost, they've effectively eliminated the PvE method of constructing (and now the only way is through the chip merchant). Thats the problem people are exploring in this thread.
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You guys act like warsoul weapons are who knows what.I'm not saying they are crappy but lets be honest look at them only one or two have actually good bonuses and not even those are worth the money.Just craft lvl100 gold oht equip till you get the stats you want and make all +12 that would be much smarter than getting a warsoul weapon.
    It's the same as those that spent thousand of dollars to get lunar and then they get owned by someone who has tt90 or tt99 gold.Good for PWI's pockets but noobs for me.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Who would even sell a warsoul if it turned out to be ****? No one in their right mind would go through all that and only part with it for 200m (200m is the cap you can carry on you)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Does it matter? It's a legitimate option to get things seeing as how the game providers offer it for money. If someone is in the financial position that they're able to spend $22,000 for a game item and want to does that make it wrong? That same person could also buy the same house, car, boat, computer, tv, entertainment system, or anything else for less work (or a nicer one for the same time spent). Why do you accept that in one circumstance but not in another? If you're going to blacklist people on PvE servers that pay money, to what degree are you going to hold to your believes?
    Are you going to accept it only if they spend an amount of money you approve of (a portion of your disposable income)?
    Are you going to accept it only if they spend no more than an arbitrary amount you decide such as 15/month?
    Are you going to accept it if they only spend money on aesthetic items with no gameplay effect?
    Are you going to accept it if they buy gold with coin (purchasing gold while making someone else pay the bill)?
    Are you going to accept it only if they buy specific items you approve of?

If you've ever used or grouped with someone using a dragon orb, guardian angel, esoterica, inventory extention, bank extention, herc/nix, almost any mount, any flying mount but the freebie, socket stone, anniversary pack gear (oh hey... that includes flawless shards), jolly gear (hmm... oracles, scarlet fruit, beautiful shards), charm, or reset note, you've already invalidated your argument as you've accepted people that either pay cash shop users to get ingame advantages, or pay cash to get ingame advantages. The only difference is in the amount spent which has no bearing on if you're getting an advantage... only the degree of the advantage.

As pretty as all that was, it has no bearing on me. In the very beginning, I said who cares if they buy it. The rest was using common sense and paying attention to forums. People complain about even getting the things from anniversary packs already. On a PvE server, do you honestly think they would be fine with someone getting a warsoul weapon as well. Or do you think they'd go the route I mentioned, and shun the person. I'm betting on the 2nd route, and is why I wrote that. Heck, I was even talking about plural in my post, so how the heck did it get taken as me personally doing that?

• david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A warsoul cannot "turn out ****".

It gets ALL 6 ops, not just 3 of them.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009

^ This. <3