Unnecessary Anger

Options
Aeldur - Lost City
Aeldur - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so, i was zhenning on like saturday near sanctuary to make most of double exp weekend. And these two barbs show up, we said to them "please don't come near or interfere with us blah blah" and everything was going smoothly for like 15 minutes. Then one of the barbs returns and idiotically runs into my barrage aoe and gets himself killed, thus me turning pink for the next two hours. And me ignoring the fact it was his fault, I apologised and said "no hard feelings?b:surrender" and he said "maybe..if i can join you guys?" but our squad was full and had to refuse him. So then he starts QQing about it, and threatening to get some of his mates round to start up trouble and crash our zhen party...So he did>_> making me lose some items (twice). So we were all like WTF?! And they were like "YOU PK'D OUR FRIEND RAWRRAWRRAWRb:angry."

So...First off, who runs into a barrage of arrow freely?
And why is it that poeple cant resolve things with words, everything has to be "IM TELLING!" and get higher levels to baby sit for them, even though it was his fault in the first place>_>
Post edited by Aeldur - Lost City on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure him running into it was the point. Get you a colored name so they can kill you and take things you may drop.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure him running into it was the point. Get you a colored name so they can kill you and take things you may drop.

THIS b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Learn2Protections?
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you should of set protections to white named players.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you are in a pvp server......

come and join us on a pve one
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did have my protections on, just somehow he was killed, might be the way i was zhenning. And i wasn't complaining about being on a PVP server, i love it, just when people use stupidity as a weapon. It annoys me.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If white name protection was one she should of not taken damage from the zhen.
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well they were on, infact i've never taken them off.
    I thin it was because i was techincally trying to pk the cleric that was blue bubbling, which would cause it to affect members outside of party? iunno, But my protections were definately on.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you pressed ctrl to attack the cleric with barrage then that would make you do damage to people yes.

Your supposed to duel the cleric and make sure you win with barrage.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So then he starts QQing about it, and threatening to get some of his mates round to start up trouble and crash our zhen party...So he did>_> making me lose some items (twice). So we were all like WTF?! And they were like "YOU PK'D OUR FRIEND RAWRRAWRRAWRb:angry

Protections or not, isn't this barb on a pk server. Out of his own free choice? And he got pk'd (oh noes) and has to call on a whole bunch of his friends to get revenge? All I can say is...

lol.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i say lmao. this is a great example of u getting owned by a well thought out pk group.

also, aoes affect everyone while protection is on, so ya... duel the cleric instead and save yourself some grief.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This topic is another perfectly good reason why I refuse to play on PvP servers.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What I don't understand is why you (OP) and your Zhen party seemed so "carebearish".

You apologized even though it was his fault, he comes back to attack. So the normal thing your zhen party should do is wipe them out without mercy and put them on your KOS list for the future.

That is what a PvP server is about. You resolve your disputes by PKing.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As mentioned, AoE doesn't behave the same to protections as if it involved targeting. I know in DT, your AoEs will not harm other people in your squad, but if you're working with another squad your AoE will still affect them even with protections on. Made for a higher kill count before we noticed it at least :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i say lmao. this is a great example of u getting owned by a well thought out pk group.

also, aoes affect everyone while protection is on, so ya... duel the cleric instead and save yourself some grief.

Well planned pk group my ****. All I see is an example of a bunch of QQ'ing kids who can't fight there own battles. If this was all an "act" as part of their "plan" they completely fail at life.

Is this your guys idea of a strategic and respectable battle on pvp servers? Seriously wtf.
    That is what a PvP server is about. You resolve your disputes by PKing.

Resolve your disputes by QQ'ing and running off for your high level buddies to crash some polite persons training... and you think it's tough or cool or something? Seriously, look at yourselves here... are pvp servers really this much of a joke?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is this your guys idea of a strategic and respectable battle on pvp servers? Seriously wtf.

Resolve your disputes by QQ'ing and running off for your high level buddies to crash some polite persons training... and you think it's tough or cool or something? Seriously, look at yourselves here... are pvp servers really this much of a joke?

My experience on Lost City is you have to take the game less seriously and expect to kill or be killed. You have to learn how to laugh when you are Pkd and be ready to fight back and PK others.

If you can't do that then you will not have fun on a PvP server.

So the Zhen group is interrupted by a hostile party, that is part of the game on a PvP server. They should be used to it by now since it starts at level 30. Or maybe do they think that since they are higher level and Zhenning somehow they are exempt?

Kill the hostile party, run or be killed.
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, seeing as the attackers were a group of around 9xish pk'ers i didnt think my chances were that great at winning, so we did try to run, and well that failed. XD
    And so apologising to people is being carebearish now? Alright.....
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, seeing as the attackers were a group of around 9xish pk'ers i didnt think my chances were that great at winning, so we did try to run, and well that failed. XD

Well, I think it was nice that you apologized. But seeing that the apology was not accepted and he came back with 9Xs ... I think it becomes much clearer that this was all planned to give them and excuse to PK your group.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

more pew pew less qq..... at least that is what I always hear pvp server players saying.....

On topic:
    You are not responsible for the other person's actions. You behaved in a proper way, they were looking for an excuse to PK and get some free items.

My only recommendation would be to pack angels next time, and to not change who you are just because other people wanted an excuse to pk.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The barb planned what he did. And I will explain how I know this:

This luring technique is used on pvp servers *constantly*. The easiest way to pull a bunch of high-levels to help kill someone is to tell them you got one of them red. The potential for gear drops becomes larger then, and *nobody* argues with a free hh70 weapon. I will stop mid-pull to kill someone who is red, not just because I am PKK, but because if I get me their TT80 gold magic sword, then I'm flying high for 8 more levels. Especially if it's +5 already.

Crashing a zhen party makes this really easy, because you can do it from range while the practicing group has nearly no time to react. This is because none of them want to waste any bit of their esoterica, and that if any one part of the zhen falls, it all falls. A single archer can drop a zhen in a matter of seconds. What's better than dropping a zhen in a matter of seconds, you ask? Well, free gear, certainly. The chance for someone to drop a really valuable piece of gear has a staggering impact on the human psychology. It's the thrill of victory, and the spoils that go with it. The first few times I got into a PK skirmish, whether one-on-one or with a few friends against a few people, my heart raced, my breathing halted, adrenaline pumped through me like nothing I'd felt before. The first time I got someone to drop me something of extreme value, I nearly had a heart-attack. It's almost addicting; and I STILL giggle every time I hit fly mode with my pretty new Watchers.

I'm not saying your enemies are as deep as all that, but if you drop something worth a million coins, that's a million coins they didn't have before they killed you. C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok so, i was zhenning on like saturday near sanctuary to make most of double exp weekend. And these two barbs show up, we said to them "please don't come near or interfere with us blah blah" and everything was going smoothly for like 15 minutes. Then one of the barbs returns and idiotically runs into my barrage aoe and gets himself killed, thus me turning pink for the next two hours. And me ignoring the fact it was his fault, I apologised and said "no hard feelings?b:surrender" and he said "maybe..if i can join you guys?" but our squad was full and had to refuse him. So then he starts QQing about it, and threatening to get some of his mates round to start up trouble and crash our zhen party...So he did>_> making me lose some items (twice). So we were all like WTF?! And they were like "YOU PK'D OUR FRIEND RAWRRAWRRAWRb:angry."

So...First off, who runs into a barrage of arrow freely?
    And why is it that poeple cant resolve things with words, everything has to be "IM TELLING!" and get higher levels to baby sit for them, even though it was his fault in the first place>_>

I think he may be exaggerating! Lol... Killing a barb with barrage imo is hard work, wouldn't you all agree? I mean, if the barb was your level, I am sure you couldn't killl him so quickly and why would you have white pk protections off? b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think he may be exaggerating! Lol... Killing a barb with barrage imo is hard work, wouldn't you all agree? I mean, if the barb was your level, I am sure you couldn't killl him so quickly and why would you have white pk protections off? b:bye

Thats what i thought, i must have had some lucky crits, and i checked his gear later, and he was actually a few levels in front of me. And had pretty much **** gear anyway.
    And my protections where on.
    And how could i be exagerating? It's not like i broke the barrage midflow to spank him with a few metal attacks, that'd just be silly.
    He walked into the aoe and he died.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but because if I get me their TT80 gold magic sword, then I'm flying high for 8 more levels.

Gold auto-binds b:surrender

But I am just nit-picking b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gold auto-binds b:surrender

But I am just nit-picking b:chuckle

Oh yeah, my bad, I knew I was missing something. ~

Aeldur, you've probably met several barbs by now, and some of them who know how to PK. You should know damn well that if a barb doesn't want to die, he won't die. They have somewhere in the realm of 16 life-saving abilities, the easiest of which would've been to walk out of your barrage.

HE. WANTED. TO. DIE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Reminds me of when i was using barrage on yan the traitor and i tell the low lvl people dont come near the barrage it'll kill you guys but they still run into the barrage >.> . Im red name so i have all protections off all the time but i still dont like to kill nubs since its just not my style.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The first few times I got into a PK skirmish, whether one-on-one or with a few friends against a few people, my heart raced, my breathing halted, adrenaline pumped through me like nothing I'd felt before. The first time I got someone to drop me something of extreme value, I nearly had a heart-attack. It's almost addicting; and I STILL giggle every time I hit fly mode with my pretty new Watchers.
    Id feel so guilty but thats just me personally b:sweat if something is taken i have a tendancy to put myself in their shoes b:surrender (unless they deserved it tho... >.>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

So he starts from level 1 again, zzzz
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Id feel so guilty but thats just me personally b:sweat if something is taken i have a tendancy to put myself in their shoes b:surrender (unless they deserved it tho... >.>)

Well, like I said, I'm PKK; I only attack in two ways. Someone is red, or someone is hitting me/my friends. Either way, they most definitely deserve it.

~Terraa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    in a duel i had, with full protections on, the whole shield up

i aoe'd and the people around me got hit and some died...i didnt know what to say lol.
    And this was for real, maybe a bug or something? =/
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yeah.What do you expect on a pvp server that pink name is bullseye painted on you?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.