Random Pigments are THEIVES!

Yukirena - Heavens Tear
Yukirena - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I'm trying to get a certain colour from random dyes one a fashion that requires one dye. I've used 80 now! 80! And I didn't get the specific colour not once! This is theft! this is rediculous! Why does it cost me 80 or more dyes to get 1 specific colour! I'll report Perfect World's merchant to paypal for false advertisement! Don't tell me I'm going to get a colour that requires 100s of dyes!
Post edited by Yukirena - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, bad luck. It's, you know, random.b:chuckle
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper to WC for the color of outfit that you want?b:victory
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    GOD damn you PWI, how dare you make something thats random...erm random.

Seriously it much easier just to check AH for the right colour pigment or item
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is that "specific" color available in the random pigments?

And that's odd for a 1 dye piece.....I guess I lucky all my outfits were dyed pure black with randoms within 3-4 tries b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yukirena - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    What is WC? And yes it is only available in random dye. I have gloves I'm trying to match so I know exactley what colour it is even if the tint it a little off.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm trying to get a certain colour from random dyes one a fashion that requires one dye. I've used 80 now! 80! And I didn't get the specific colour not once! This is theft! this is rediculous! Why does it cost me 80 or more dyes to get 1 specific colour! I'll report Perfect World's merchant to paypal for false advertisement! Don't tell me I'm going to get a colour that requires 100s of dyes!

its a random pigment. you aren't going to be able to choose your result. it's based off %chance coding, which anyone with any technical knowledge can tell you is not random (any computer-based randomization code will inevitably reach a loop, even if it hasn't reached all permutations yet)

EDIT: WC = world chat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What is WC?

World Chat! b:chuckle
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
    edited September 2009
    Well, I don't think anyone in the world chat would have exactly what I'm looking for, based on the fac that the auction house is always empty.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Well, I don't think anyone in the world chat would have exactly what I'm looking for, based on the fac that the auction house is always empty.

check west archo for pigment catshops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Random kinda implies... randomness. I tried a few times too, then...

1. I just WC'ed WTB fashion of the color I wanted. Ended up saving a ton.
    2. Bought specific-colored pigments when I simply couldn't find what I wanted. Cost me, but at least I got what I wanted. Still don't regret it, don't see a tonof male yukatas on sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited September 2009
    Now its 90 dyes and still not getting the colour I wanted. It seems the black colour is common because I keep getting that. Even twice in a row...
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Now its 90 dyes and still not getting the colour I wanted. It seems the black colour is common because I keep getting that. Even twice in a row...

Lol, you should have sold it at a profit when it's black and brought a new set of clothing to dye. People like black, so that color clothing is worth much more than average.b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Ok...now I want to know ---->

What color are you going for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    The problem is I didn't have enough coins to buy another skirt. I'm getting black so often.. And it took me 5 days to sell 1 black skirt for 500k when it's worth 1mil.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    The problem is I didn't have enough coins to buy another skirt. I'm getting black so often.. And it took me 5 days to sell 1 black skirt for 500k when it's worth 1mil.

What color are you going for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Now this is the colour I'm looking for

vcpg.png
    It's not pink, perfect pink, purple, plum, violet red, or lavender... So i don't know what oclour it is and I asked on the forums and some one told me it's one of the random colours.. According to this it's not:

random.PNG

Sigh... if only I looked before I leaped >.< Now I'm still trying to figure out what colour this is... Well atleast I know I don't have to buy random pignments anymore.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You also need to becareful as using dye's on certain items of clothing does not change the whole colour, it changes only part of it. Ie: the trim etc
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i see more clothes than gear n mats in that screenie >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2009
    I just carefully overlooked all of the dye in game random and not random and NONE of them has this colour! Why is that?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    You also need to becareful as using dye's on certain items of clothing does not change the whole colour, it changes only part of it. Ie: the trim etc

There is the above and also...l.certain "fabrics"/"textures" will dye differently even if you were to use the same exact dye.

Believe me I know this...Pure Red on Vixin Wrap = Deep red color b:dirty (yes I luv it)...I dyed the Fairy Slippers with the SAME pure red dye and it turned out to be more of a reddish-orange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    There is the above and also...l.certain "fabrics"/"textures" will dye differently even if you were to use the same exact dye.

Believe me I know this...Pure Red on Vixin Wrap = Deep red color b:dirty (yes I luv it)...I dyed the Fairy Slippers with the SAME pure red dye and it turned out to be more of a reddish-orange.

But the colour in the description stays the same. According to this and the random dye chart my glove's colour doesn't exsist:
    fvwn0n.png
    But it does exist or I woudln't have it. How do you get this colour if random dye and non random dye can't get it?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I told you....it might be different based on the "texture"/"fabric" of the item being dyed.

A plume set will dye a slightly different color red then say the vixin wrap.

Just does....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Doesn't the colour in the description in the 3 boxes stay the same regardless of the colour shown on the clothes?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    @OP... stop using those charts. they mean very little, lol

also, about random dyes. they can produce thousands of different colors. not just those on that chart. the chance of you obtaining one specific color is very, very, very small.

just go with one of the pinks, those are as close as you are going to get.

also, when you hit attempt 10, you should have quit trying. now you have spent probably a good couple million coin on this, and it is nothing more than a pointless expense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    l.certain "fabrics"/"textures" will dye differently even if you were to use the same exact dye.

^^THIS

That pink might appear different on other clothing obviously, that's why you might be having such a problem. The pinks on the first dye chart look pretty similar to the ones on your gloves though.

On top of that, luck has a lot to do with it. I've used random dyes only three times EVER. First time I got an almost black on my heels. Second time I got an almost black on a shirt. And third time I wanted a dark blue and or black on a bikini and I got a VERY dark smokey blue (almost black). And I'm pretty sure this dark smokey blue is not on the list, so it must not be updated. =P
    edited September 2009
    Yet I ask again for the 3rd time now, does the boxes in the description change if the fabric of the clothes alter the actual colour or not? If not saying that the colour of the clothes is dependant on the fabric is not worth saying. I don't think it does because I have 2 diffrent fashions same colour yet 1 is a little diffrent but the colour of the boxes int he description are exactley the same.

If random dye can produce thousands of colours then whats shown in the chart, why do they even have that chart? And why did I keep getting pure black over and over again?

One of the pink colours in the random dye chart does look similar but it's not the same, it's too red and gray...
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Yet I ask again for the 3rd time now, does the boxes in the description change if the fabric of the clothes alter the actual colour or not? If not saying that the colour of the clothes is dependant on the fabric is not worth saying. I don't think it does because I have 2 diffrent fashions same colour yet 1 is a little diffrent but the colour of the boxes int he description are exactley the same.

If random dye can produce thousands of colours then whats shown in the chart, why do they even have that chart? And why did I keep getting pure black over and over again?

One of the pink colours in the random dye chart does look similar but it's not the same, it's too red and gray...

the boxes in the description will remain the same.
    example: my seaspray slacks and my plumed bracers
    both are dyed same color (with actual pigments. i don't use randoms)
    the slacks are proper color, but the bracers showed up sorta green
    the boxes on both are the same however, showing that i used the same dye

that chart is incomplete. it's probably part of a larger guide

like i said, the charts are useless, just use normal pigments (or continue to waste money on random pigments)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Instead of trying to get certain color you should aim to get any colors that match, like red and umm orange i guess, or colors that look almost the same
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yet I ask again for the 3rd time now, does the boxes in the description change if the fabric of the clothes alter the actual colour or not?
    No, the boxes do not change. They are not affected by whatever texture tinting the particular fashion item adds to the in-game appearance.

Thus, two different fashions dyed the same colour may look very different in-game because of texture tinting, but the colour in the boxes will be exactly the same.
    I don't know where that chart came from, but my personal theory based on my experience is that random pigments seem to pick some random multiple of 8 for each RGB component, with a bias towards lower numbers. The end result is a lot of off-black colours.

If I'm correct, then you'd have to just keep trying, but your chances would be very very slim of getting a colour closer than one of the regular pigments would get you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited September 2009
    Ok, thank you everyone for clearing all that up for me and sorry if I sounded rude at all.