Marriage ..

Options
tyoking1980
tyoking1980 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
ok i hear to men /2 women cant get married to eachotgher... its the new age ppl i wana marry my rl wife in game as we are in real life..

may other games i have played i can marry my female partner as i am female..

will this feature get implemented in the future..

i Believe this is called discrimination or something. and would preferr that this game sort this BIG issue out .. none of us want a male charactor that defeats the object,, please tell me whats gonna happen about this
Post edited by tyoking1980 on

Comments

• Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i Believe this is called discrimination or something. and would preferr that this game sort this small issue out .. none of us want a male charactor that defeats the object,, please tell me whats gonna happen about this

Fixed....

It's just a game, you don't have to get married anyway >_<
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    nb4lockzorz
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • tyoking1980
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fixed....

It's just a game, you don't have to get married anyway >_<

ur missing the point .. its the fact that u cant choose what sex to marry.. if only ppl that post would be helpfull instead of being plain blind

its a feature many games have fiesta online for instance i caped and came here to start again i love this game, its awsome but i would like to marry my partner.
    im sure u can understand that. and lol i dont wana be male to do it..
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the answer is no.

go here --> LINK

type in "same sex marraige" (or any variation of the same)

and view the multitude of topics where the GMs state CLEARLY that this will NEVER be implemented as a feature of this game.

inb4lock.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I want to get married. They should legalize same hand sex marriage, 'cause I'd marry my hand in a heartbeat.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The point is... They never wanted you to be able (in the game) to have same sex marriage. Therefore, it is not possible, and will never be possible in this game. They (GMs) have said in the past, that they do not wish to bring this real life issue into the game.

also, inb4lock.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • tyoking1980
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol im at a loss.. whats the big deal with same sex marriage's.. what are they afraid of.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol im at a loss.. whats the big deal with same sex marriage's.. what are they afraid of.

just drop it. no need for pointless flaming

EDIT: you're not from america are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    america isnt the only place it's illegal. it's illegal in china for same sex marriage too and guess where the game comes from?
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    america isnt the only place it's illegal. it's illegal in china for same sex marriage too and guess where the game comes from?

i'm just saying, if the person is from a country/area where same-sex marriage is legal, they wouldn't be able to comprehend why it's not ever going to receive the green light for this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They (GMs) have said in the past, that they do not wish to bring this real life issue into the game.

also, inb4lock.

They already brought this issue to themselves by implementing any kind of marriage system.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They already brought this issue to themselves by implementing any kind of marriage system.

But, if there was no marriage system, then they would be losing $60 per marriage.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But, if there was no marriage system, then they would be losing $60 per marriage.

both of these are valid arguments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Step 1: Make a male char
    Step 2: Get married!

OR

Step 1: You're married in RL, be happy with that!
    Step 2: Play PWI and be happy
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    who act's as the male in your marriage that's the person who becomes the male in the game
    then u get married in the game
    ps:nb4blockb:laugh
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Personally I think it is silly that they don't allow it but there has been a lot of flame wars that erupted from this topic. I do not believe it will be changes however...

You will loose out on the EXP bonus leveling with your partner but you can still sorta let everyone know you two are sweethearts. For example lets say your names were Darling & Sweetie it is possible for you two to make male alts named _Darling_ & _Sweetie_ or some similar variation. Then you are free to let the alts rot away and continue to be partners just with no EXP bonus. Also this is a more expensive process since you need to buy the groom & bride packs for the alts as well.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You will loose out on the EXP bonus

there is no exp bonus. there is no benefit to marriage at all. the only thing that changes when you get married is you have your partner's name above your head. gg, you just spent $30 so it says "so-and-so's spouse" above your head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there is no exp bonus. there is no benefit to marriage at all. the only thing that changes when you get married is you have your partner's name above your head. gg, you just spent $30 so it says "so-and-so's spouse" above your head

Oh really? I never been married nor do I plan on spending the money to hehe but I heard there was a 50% EXP bonus leveling with your spouse.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Step 1: Make a male char
    Step 2: Get married!

OR

Step 1: You're married in RL, be happy with that!
    Step 2: Play PWI and rage over the economy, lack of bug fixes, and random PKers.

Fixed for ya.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Your wrong.
    There are benefits.
    You can get 10 Wines, 10 99k Coin Tokens, or 10 Candies (or a mix of all).
    You should learn BEFORE you speak. b:shutup
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi :)
    If you feel it is important to you to announce who your mated with, couldn't you make a new character and name it...............marysgirl and bethslove? Of course the names are incorrect but you get my meaning?

This way there is no drama, no trying to get them to make new rules. Yet, you can still travel together and everyone would know your "married" or have chosen to be together.

Hope this works for you :)
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lack of same-sex marriage is my biggest gripe about this game (I'm in a same-sex marriage IRL)... and in all honesty, I can deal without it in-game. Doesn't even affect my own gameplay in any way, and I don't care enough to have someone else's name above my head. It's cute and all, but really... yeah... I kinda don't care about it. The stuff you gain as an extra when you marry is nice, but I personally don't think it's worth the 30 bucks each.

Let's say it could be possibility, I'm not sure I'd spend 30 bucks for my pack. My friends have encouraged to marry my alts for the lulz, but if I can't even pay 30 bucks for myself, doubt I'll spend it on anyone else anytime soon, heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kimmy_Love - Dreamweaver
    Kimmy_Love - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im from canada.. i get the point about same sex marriage.. ok fair enough job done end of..

its still wrong.

<-- Goesback to Fiesta Online..
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You quit a game over something that stupid?

My god, what have we come to.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your wrong.
    There are benefits.
    You can get 10 Wines, 10 99k Coin Tokens, or 10 Candies (or a mix of all).

oh yea, always forget about that -shrugs- oh well
    You should learn BEFORE you speak.

giveadamnq.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think this is too important an issue to ignore, but it should be dealt with in the larger scheme of the MMO comunity as a whole. Organized resistance in the context of a specific game would only hurt it's company and it's player base and would be very unlikely to bring about positive results. This is therefore not the forum to discuss what steps may be taken to elicit change and avoiding discrimination to continue.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    calavera wrote: »
    I think this is too important an issue to ignore, but it should be dealt with in the larger scheme of the MMO comunity as a whole. Organized resistance in the context of a specific game would only hurt it's company and it's player base and would be very unlikely to bring about positive results. This is therefore not the forum to discuss what steps may be taken to elicit change and avoiding discrimination to continue.

point in fact is, PWI will

NEVER

have same-sex marraige, so trying to come up with a plan to petition for it is pointless

EDIT: i'm suprised the mods/GMs haven't locked this yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The point is, this is a game, not real life, not SERIOUS BUSINESS as you would have me believe.

Same-sex marriage is an important issue and should be dealt with as such in a more appropriate forum than MMOs.

Because it'll always devolve to "lolurgay" or "ur a natzi!!!!111eleventyone" on the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    point in fact is, PWI will

NEVER

have same-sex marraige, so trying to come up with a plan to petition for it is pointless

EDIT: i'm suprised the mods/GMs haven't locked this yet

Gm's are off on weekends, Mods are probable doing there mod thing or whatever they do!

No point in raising the size in never, we all realize you hate same sex marriage even if it's a game!
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I myself am in a same sex relationship and I am indifferent about the marriage system as it already is too expensive to do. I am not spending 60 bucks irl just to have a name over my head and some fancy trinkets.

The whole point of MMORPG's is for people to get away from REAL LIFE and experience another world not like our own, and I live in a country where same sex marriage is legal.

The GM's are slow on weekends at catching threads that are flamey.

INB4Lock
This discussion has been closed.