Marriage ..

2»

Comments

• calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    point in fact is, PWI will

NEVER

have same-sex marraige, so trying to come up with a plan to petition for it is pointless

EDIT: i'm suprised the mods/GMs haven't locked this yet

Was i proposing any sort of plan? Wasn't i saying the exact opposite thing?

@Nakhimov, don't dismiss it out of hand, it may be important to some. I was talking long term anyway, i do foresee a time when marriage type options in MMOs will be offered to all... at least in the west.

@Alexeno stop playing teacher's pet jr. moderator

i'm surprised the mods/GMs haven't banned you yet.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm not dismissing it, I'm stating that it's a matter that should be primarily discussed in a more appropriate capacity.

Not on an MMO forum.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • calavera
    edited September 2009
    I'm not dismissing it, I'm stating that it's a matter that should be primarily discussed in a more appropriate capacity.

Not on an MMO forum.

With that i agree.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dane12 wrote: »
    Gm's are off on weekends, Mods are probable doing there mod thing or whatever they do!

No point in raising the size in never, we all realize you hate same sex marriage even if it's a game!

GMs may be offline, but mods are not. mods are also normal players as well, so they're probably ingame leveling lol

i do not hate same sex marriage, i have never stated that either, so don't place words in my mouth, kthxbai
    calavera wrote: »
    Was i proposing any sort of plan? Wasn't i saying the exact opposite thing?

-snip-

@Alexeno stop playing teacher's pet jr. moderator

i'm surprised the mods/GMs haven't banned you yet.

1) don't know, didn't really read into your post, just assumed as much because you were saying this kind of discussion should be held outside the home forum
    2) not playing teacher's pet, nor would i want to be a mod on this forum. i was merely stating an opinion, show me and my opinion due respect, and don't flame me just because you [seem to be] unable to handle what i say
    3) i have been banned in the past, but guess what? since spoons saw fit to give me a temp ban, i saw fit to discontinue being a plain old troll... you don't like me? then ignore me. i could care less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    cause its just nasty..now unless the chicks are hot..but dudes..omg thats just zomg nasty..lock dis joint for christsakes.

hlomophobic much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    cause its just nasty..now unless the chicks are hot..but dudes..omg thats just zomg nasty..lock dis joint for christsakes.
    Double-standards suck... it's okay for girls but not for guys? The worse part if that even if it's sarcastic, it's what a lot of people think. Apparently it's a good reason to diss the **** community >_>. But... whatever. Not like it's gonna change who I am eh? =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok i hear to men /2 women cant get married to eachotgher... its the new age ppl i wana marry my rl wife in game as we are in real life..

may other games i have played i can marry my female partner as i am female..

will this feature get implemented in the future..

i Believe this is called discrimination or something. and would preferr that this game sort this BIG issue out .. none of us want a male charactor that defeats the object,, please tell me whats gonna happen about this

There is a little trick to getting around that rule. Both you and your mate can make alternates with similar names and you each can marry your alts.
    here is an example:
    If 2 ppl are male:
    Person A: gets named TooKool
    Person's A's alt: named TooKooI
    Person B: is named CrazyFool
    Person B's alt: named CrazyFooI

Person A gets married to person B's alt, and B gets married to A's alt. What you should notice is that the in game font doesn't show a difference between capitalized I and undercase L. So you both end up with each other's name over your head. There you happy? b:laugh
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Save yourselves $30 each and use the ingame system that players use when looking for squads... its just means " Cupcakes Wife/husband/dog/hamster" will be in yellow above your head not white..
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Totally off topic i just wanted to ask Alex got that SWEET Star trek laforge in before the lock , OMG LMAO ,

Personally, I just wanna Kess a Gerl,
    They are soooo magical.
    XDDD
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Totally off topic i just wanted to ask Alex got that SWEET Star trek laforge in before the lock , OMG LMAO ,

Personally, I just wanna Kess a Gerl,
    They are soooo magical.
    XDDD

O___o?

10characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Marriage topic? inb4lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Marriage topic? inb4lock.
    hlomophobic much?

TROLLED b:shocked

EDIT: dammit, quoted wrong person.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimmy_Love - Dreamweaver
    Kimmy_Love - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There is a little trick to getting around that rule. Both you and your mate can make alternates with similar names and you each can marry your alts.
    here is an example:
    If 2 ppl are male:
    Person A: gets named TooKool
    Person's A's alt: named TooKooI
    Person B: is named CrazyFool
    Person B's alt: named CrazyFooI

Person A gets married to person B's alt, and B gets married to A's alt. What you should notice is that the in game font doesn't show a difference between capitalized I and undercase L. So you both end up with each other's name over your head. There you happy? b:laugh

again it defeats the issue, like i said, i dont care anymore, ppl have made it clear they they dont WANT SAME SEX MARRIAGE prolly think we will turn players away, prolly think its sick and gross. if thats the case i sure feel sorry for them..

i just asked a simple question of why and when ..and i got back NEVER GONNA HAPPEN lol so i gave in,

but suggesting making new alt really does defeat the object..

They Call This Game PERFECT WORLD rofl
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It also might just be something they just cant CODE
    , i mean it would prolly take a lot of work , and the embrace chi thing has to be redone, and char maps and skins and holding poses

all sorts of things i think have to change in the games data to allow it... not just simply letting any two ppl marry, though that would be a start im sure.
  • calavera
    edited September 2009
    again it defeats the issue, like i said, i dont care anymore, ppl have made it clear they they dont WANT SAME SEX MARRIAGE prolly think we will turn players away, prolly think its sick and gross. if thats the case i sure feel sorry for them..

i just asked a simple question of why and when ..and i got back NEVER GONNA HAPPEN lol so i gave in,

but suggesting making new alt really does defeat the object..

They Call This Game PERFECT WORLD rofl

For my part i can do nothing else but express my simpathy and solidarity, you're right, it defeats the very purpose of the whole thing...
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Look you cant make everyone happy.
    If they allowed same-sex marriage some self-righteous super uber religious tard will sue the company for "Promoting **** marriage".

Its the way this world is, if something is "different" then it gets left out and it ends up being A:A big controversial topic which leads to all sorts of stupid things. B:Dead.

I dont really care if this game puts same-sex marriage in. But considering the fixed gender untamed race... i guess its kinda dumb for it to NOT have same-sex marriage because lots of guys play venomancers, lots of girls play venomancers, what if they want to get married o_O.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    will this feature get implemented in the future

I'm hoping the whole marriage feature itself get removed from the game in the future. It's pointless and serves no useful purpose.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm hoping the whole marriage feature itself get removed from the game in the future. It's pointless and serves no useful purpose.

QFT.
    SO true.
    Its pretty much just a way for PWE to get money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    QFT.
    SO true.
    Its pretty much just a way for PWE to get money.
    so true, I at least hope some of the money they make from people getting married in this game(which is really weird to me)
    put it to help add new things which I see happening a lot so we know that the money is going for a good cause b:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lack of same-sex marriage is my biggest gripe about this game (I'm in a same-sex marriage IRL)... and in all honesty, I can deal without it in-game. Doesn't even affect my own gameplay in any way, and I don't care enough to have someone else's name above my head. It's cute and all, but really... yeah... I kinda don't care about it. The stuff you gain as an extra when you marry is nice, but I personally don't think it's worth the 30 bucks each.

Let's say it could be possibility, I'm not sure I'd spend 30 bucks for my pack. My friends have encouraged to marry my alts for the lulz, but if I can't even pay 30 bucks for myself, doubt I'll spend it on anyone else anytime soon, heh.
    That explains why i saw a character called XanInDrag... that was you O_O lololool
    b:shocked
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally I think it is silly that they don't allow it but there has been a lot of flame wars that erupted from this topic. I do not believe it will be changes however...

You will loose out on the EXP bonus leveling with your partner but you can still sorta let everyone know you two are sweethearts. For example lets say your names were Darling & Sweetie it is possible for you two to make male alts named _Darling_ & _Sweetie_ or some similar variation. Then you are free to let the alts rot away and continue to be partners just with no EXP bonus. Also this is a more expensive process since you need to buy the groom & bride packs for the alts as well.

That's Quite the Sneaky idea you have there, even if it is expensive.. I'm sure if more people knew of this idea, they would do it, you Should Post this around more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Before we let this discussion continue, let's all ask ourselves: "Is this really that big of an issue?"

Getting married in a game for no real reason (Yes, I know about the "rewards" and they aren't worth $30 by any stretch of the imagination) really matter that much to you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great ,Ok who u xplain to 12 years old kids that is just a game and is cool marriage whit same sex ?.... i my

607275c3.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calavera
    edited September 2009
    Before we let this discussion continue, let's all ask ourselves: "Is this really that big of an issue?"

Getting married in a game for no real reason (Yes, I know about the "rewards" and they aren't worth $30 by any stretch of the imagination) really matter that much to you?

Probably not... then again, would it be that big a deal if you didn't have an option to make your toon look like a person of african descent? or even european? I mean, this is a chinese game after all...
  • doshu
    doshu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Leave the ****/**** issues out of the game. There are a lot of kids that play here and they don't need to be exposed to a an already confuzed society that does not care about values. The ever popular phrases like " What are they afraid of", "Is the new age", or other challanging words does not make it correct. This is Perfect World and in a perfect world you don't have this type of inacceptable behaviour.b:angry
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As there have already been a thousand and one threads about this going to close.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.