Gold prices (again)

recruit51
recruit51 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Im sick and tired of the people who think that people who sell gold have a right to sell it high. This would also be considered a scam. To those who say its all about supply and demand. When things start to increase in price everything usually goes up. Well so does everyone's pay. I recall someone saying 100 years ago an icecream cone cost 1penny. Well guess what minimum wage was about a quarter. In PW I dont recal there being a x4 coin drop rate. If there was then i would understand 400k gold prices for 3 days. But i do not accept it because of the greed of the sellers. Its actually the opposite of how things work in rl. Take an ammusement park for example. 1 ride ticket would be the same thing as 1 gold in PW. When a park introduces a new ride they dont INCREASE the prices. THEY DROPED THEM. So quit bs'n with al this supply and demand cuz the way everyone has ben useing it to explain gold prices is totaly wrong.
Post edited by recruit51 on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    QQ moar. Sellers can sell as high as they want, or as low as they want. I didnt read anymore than the first line.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its not that they sell it high, its that people are willing to pay that amount, so why sell it lower?
  • recruit51
    recruit51 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    QQ moar. Sellers can sell as high as they want, or as low as they want. I didnt read anymore than the first line.

People like you make me sickb:angry

Its like trying to increase the price of food in America so that a piece of bread instead of being cost a doller is 10 dollers. So instead of working for 1 hour and getting 5 pieces of bread. You work 2 hours for 1 piece. Does that sound nice?

I would love to live in a world where you are either super rich or super poor.b:laugh

PW gold is like gasoline. Just about everyone needs one for just about everything there is to do. If you dont have gold you cant get charms so you cant grind as well so you have to buy pots. In other words you have to take your bike to work instead of buying gasoline because the gas companies decided to charge 4 times the amoung per gallon of gas.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This will be locked.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    recruit51 wrote: »
    People like you make me sickb:angry

Its like trying to increase the price of food in America so that a piece of bread instead of being cost a doller is 10 dollers. So instead of working for 1 hour and getting 5 pieces of bread. You work 2 hours for 1 piece. Does that sound nice?

I would love to live in a world where you are either super rich or super poor.b:laugh

PW gold is like gasoline. Just about everyone needs one for just about everything there is to do. If you dont have gold you cant get charms so you cant grind as well so you have to buy pots. In other words you have to take your bike to work instead of buying gasoline because the gas companies decided to charge 4 times the amoung per gallon of gas.

Thats not the point. The point is, the people who pay real life cash to support the game has the right to charge whatever the BUYERS ARE WILLING TO PAY. This is exactly like the real world. People with cash are always the winners. Its a business, sure you can relate it to gas, but thats exactly how all businesses operate.

PS. I quit the long a long **** time ago. And oh yea, you should just post your QQ one of the main gold issues threads.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    recruit51 wrote: »

BUT, no one would buy bread for 10 dollars, they'd keep buying bread for 1 dollar. If you price it for 10 dollars, of course it wouldn't sell. UNLESS they made it worth it (a.k.a. anniversary packs.)

And anyway, who gets $5 an hour? I get 20 and I'm not even legal age yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Um...gold is the thing people buy with real money to keep this game running.

No money for PWI, servers rust, game shuts down.

Enough said?
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Recruitt - Heavens Tear
    Recruitt - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BUT, no one would buy bread for 10 dollars, they'd keep buying bread for 1 dollar. If you price it for 10 dollars, of course it wouldn't sell. UNLESS they made it worth it (a.k.a. anniversary packs.)

The bread is just an example. What i ment is that what if they increased ALL of the food costs. Then people wouldent be makeing enough money to even buy food.

Lloyed it would be best if you just stop posting cuz you said you stoped playing so why are u still talking? You dont even know the current state of the game.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The bread is just an example. What i ment is that what if they increased ALL of the food costs. Then people wouldent be makeing enough money to even buy food.

Well, then we're screwed over. But so are the grocery store guys, since no one's buying their food. And that's why the devs fail at logic. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mind you I DO NOT sell gold but it is perfectly fair and how life works.

Its like right now minimum wage hasnt really increased (it went up 10 whole cents in NJ) however grocerys, gas, rent, etc have all gone up. I havent gotten a pay raise but I have to pay more for things.

Not saying lifes fair but its how things work
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Lloyed it would be best if you just stop posting cuz you said you stoped playing so why are u still talking? You dont even know the current state of the game.

Do your parents buy the groceries for you? Anyone that is old enough to have to support themselves knows that prices of food ARE all GOING UP all the time. A gallon of milk is almost 4 dollars today, last year was 3 dollars, a week worth of food last year would cost me about 70 dollars, this year, the same amount of food costs over 100 dollars... on top of that gas is going up again.... and insurace goes up, and utilities go up.... and salaries DO NOT go up as fast to catch up.... So, yes, there are lots of people that are not making enough money to be able to have 3 meals a day.....

Seriously, you may want to come up with better analogies.....

The paying customers of PW are happy with the current situation, since it means their money is worth more in-game coins. The in-game rich players are happy, since they have enough coins to not worry about 400k, and they know that worse case, they break even by buying gold, and if they get lucky, they can make 45mil+ for those 400k.

The rest of the people just need to either grind more, or charge gold.

Sigh, guess it is time to go grind more for me....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What the guy wants is a 4 times increase in Coins and drops from mobs.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Except that doesn't work, because it increases the supply of both coins and items, driving down the value of both. This results in gold prices going up further because there's less value in coin.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey, news flash.

PWI is driven heavily by the real-world economy. As the RL economy is going through a rough patch right now, people want more for their hard earned dollar. They can't dictate that in the real world, but in-game? They're spending their entertainment budget, their disposable income, on this game. If they decide to sell some, they're sacrificing RL things. Since this is the case, they deserve to set whatever price they want. If you can't/don't want to spend real money on this game, that's fine. But you waive all right to cry about the economy.

And you can blame the devs all you want, but here's the thing: as mentioned above, they have to pay for server costs and the economy is bad. Economy goes bad, first thing cut out is entertainment expense(generally). This means less income for PWI. So therefore, the devs are forced to have sale after sale in order to maintain their profit margin which lets them keep this game online. I don't think most people realize that the profit margin, especially for F2P games like this, is pretty much razor thin.

To conclude, the RL economy has more to do with the PWI economy than any developer choice or player choice. Sure, you can keep your crying up, but it's not going to change anything until you stabilize the dollar. Good luck with that one, my friend.

Here's the bottom line: You want to stabilize the PWI economy? Buy MORE gold with RL cash. PWI gets their cash, more gold = prices go down, and everything stabilizes.

I'm sick to death of these preteens that come in here like they know everything there is to know about economics, especially when their only experience with money has been what mommy and daddy have given them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The economy, real or fake, is a delicate info structure that can't be decided by simply saying "we give more to the people", or "make gold cost less". Right now, gold supply is lower than the demand, thus the average cost of gold rises. Basic economics. Simply forcing coinage up would increase their supply, thereby lowering their demand. Remember, if EVERYONE could get their hands on coins easily, then people selling gold would have no reason to sell their gold. In the same way, if gold was easily obtained, why would you pay any money to PWI for it to begin with. Which of course, would leave PWI with no income to maintain servers, pay admins, etc. Thus, the entire server would crash. So, while gold prices may be bad, things could always be worse.

*ahem*
    Except that doesn't work, because it increases the supply of both coins and items, driving down the value of both. This results in gold prices going up further because there's less value in coin.

what she said... nevermind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Get used to it OP and stop whining... this game is riding on a fast track straight to HELL,
    and im gonna ride it all the way, saying HI HO MUTHA FACKING SILVER!! yeeeehaaaawww!!
    b:surrender
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Dude shut up. You're the one with the scammer cat shop alt (Recruittt) sitting by the Daily CS NPC selling gems, the 1st 4 gem types normal price & the last stack at some astronomical amount like 660,000 each. And that's been day after day after day. You're the LAST person to talk about gold sellers selling high, at least they arent trying to trick people.
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    The economy, real or fake, is a delicate info structure that can't be decided by simply saying "we give more to the people", or "make gold cost less". Right now, gold supply is lower than the demand, thus the average cost of gold rises. Basic economics. Simply forcing coinage up would increase their supply, thereby lowering their demand. Remember, if EVERYONE could get their hands on coins easily, then people selling gold would have no reason to sell their gold. In the same way, if gold was easily obtained, why would you pay any money to PWI for it to begin with. Which of course, would leave PWI with no income to maintain servers, pay admins, etc. Thus, the entire server would crash. So, while gold prices may be bad, things could always be worse.

*ahem*

what she said... nevermind.
    Dude shut up. You're the one with the scammer cat shop alt (Recruittt) sitting by the Daily CS NPC selling gems, the 1st 4 gem types normal price & the last stack at some astronomical amount like 660,000 each. And that's been day after day after day. You're the LAST person to talk about gold sellers selling high, at least they arent trying to trick people.
    YA lets take away his daddy's credit cardb:chuckle
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey, news flash.

PWI is driven heavily by the real-world economy. As the RL economy is going through a rough patch right now, people want more for their hard earned dollar. They can't dictate that in the real world, but in-game? They're spending their entertainment budget, their disposable income, on this game. If they decide to sell some, they're sacrificing RL things. Since this is the case, they deserve to set whatever price they want. If you can't/don't want to spend real money on this game, that's fine. But you waive all right to cry about the economy.

And you can blame the devs all you want, but here's the thing: as mentioned above, they have to pay for server costs and the economy is bad. Economy goes bad, first thing cut out is entertainment expense(generally). This means less income for PWI. So therefore, the devs are forced to have sale after sale in order to maintain their profit margin which lets them keep this game online. I don't think most people realize that the profit margin, especially for F2P games like this, is pretty much razor thin.

To conclude, the RL economy has more to do with the PWI economy than any developer choice or player choice. Sure, you can keep your crying up, but it's not going to change anything until you stabilize the dollar. Good luck with that one, my friend.
    100% true. All we need to do is sit and wait, hopefully RL economy will stabilize = PW economy will go back to normal too.
    Packs World International
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    100% true. All we need to do is sit and wait, hopefully RL economy will stabilize = PW economy will go back to normal too.

haha u gotta be facking kidding me... stabilize? the day the Michael Jackson rises from the ded and moon walks for me is the day it will "stabilize"
  • preposterous
    preposterous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hey, news flash.

Here's the bottom line: You want to stabilize the PWI economy? Buy MORE gold with RL cash. PWI gets their cash, more gold = prices go down, and everything stabilizes.

I'm sick to death of these preteens that come in here like they know everything there is to know about economics, especially when their only experience with money has been what mommy and daddy have given them.

So what would happen if "PWI gets their cash" and "more gold = prices go down"? Let's say that the price of gold decreases spontaneously to 150K during the anniversary event.

What happens?

1. Gold-sellers are not willing to sell for less than the price at which they have been selling successfully before, so they try to sell for around 400K
    2. People start to try buying Tokens of Luck for less than 10K... meaning the prices of certain items (such as subs.. which would be less than 35K each at 150K per gold)
    3. More people get Tokens of Best Luck. When they get 2, they earn 10 mil from the PW Boutique Agent (300K for 10 mil, essentially). Coins will then pour into the economy faster than it will now. More coins will mean that gold is less valuable. With the same demand of gold as today, gold will be bought up more quickly and the supply of gold will be the same as the supply of gold today.

So what happens when you try to lower gold prices during the event? The players stabilize the economy by increasing the price of gold.

I highly doubt that the RL economy has a significant part in this PWI gold exchange.

I do agree that the price of gold cannot be arbitrarily decreased, but I do oppose the anniversary box sale that destabilizes the economy.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Prostitution? giving blood?
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I deal out crack rock... want some Aquilonian??
    edited September 2009
    I deal out crack rock... want some Aquilonian??

sperm donation!

Crack you say? 400k coins per rock ok? can I get some in a JJ pack?
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    On second thought.. im just gonna reduce it to a liquid form and mainline it... none crack 4 u!
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    And yep .. leave it to Blud to destroy ur thread... double post FTW!
    edited September 2009
    On second thought.. im just gonna reduce it to a liquid form and mainline it... none crack 4 u!

F you! You greedy creatin!! I cant belive you won't sell me crack at 400k! you want me to farm all day? hu? what do you want from me? you want me to bleed? You'll be sorry when I am dead!

There should be an IRL NPC that sells crack for set amount of coin, say 200k, instead of letting greedy people like Bludshot control the economy! b:angry

this will get it closed....I think we did a fine job here Blud. yep.
  • BludShot - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Who knows.. we just gotta wait for the GM's or Forum mods to put out their joint first.
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The OP seriously needs to learn something about Economics, and History: Communism vs. Capitalism. Price control never works, it just leads to shortages. And food shortages means rationing and famine, apparently these painful history lessons are never learn in school nowadays.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The economy, real or fake, is a delicate info structure that can't be decided by simply saying "we give more to the people"

what is this "info structure" of which you speak of?
    also relax~~~

eat, sleep, be happy.
    If gold prices got you down the answer is simple... play more and get more in game coins.
    so what if you don't have charms to grind. I've been grinding since level 1 to now (61) without a problem.
    Best solution for that is 1. Squad up. (let the barbs, bms, veno pet, and possibly archers take all the hits and have to pay for repairs. hehehe *although usually when squaded up with an archer or another wizard mobs typically die on the 2nd spell) 2. Get a cleric friend. (D: I think i'm addicted to cleric mp heal & intuition buff and essential sutra/advanced spark). 3. apoth potions are your friends (you get the mats needed simply by walking around... might as well use em... weoot soothing orb). 4. Save up pots during your "lower" levels I still have over 100 mana pots and had over 300 HP pots (sold pretty much all of the hp pots since I don't really use any hp pots at all.) 5. Teleport~ you level faster start flying during the higher up levels where actually decent drops such as anthracite, rubstone, refined steel, etc are mine able..
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]