BM's Don't Always Need Vit

Options
Mirnack - Lost City
Mirnack - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Blademaster
Ok so for new players people will usually tell you that as a blademaster you'll need vit str and dex! This is not true. My Bm is a level 63. He has 132 dex and 199 str with 8 vit and 3 mag. And i held my own against an 8x Bm. True it's easier for Magic users to PlayerKill you But thats what sockets are for! Well hope you all have fun!
Post edited by Mirnack - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My Bm is a level 63. He has 132 dex and 199 str with 8 vit and 3 mag. And i held my own against an 8x Bm.

lol.

10char
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok so for new players people will usually tell you that as a blademaster you'll need vit str and dex! This is not true. My Bm is a level 63. He has 132 dex and 199 str with 8 vit and 3 mag. And i held my own against an 8x Bm. True it's easier for Magic users to PlayerKill you But thats what sockets are for! Well hope you all have fun!

You don't have to cap it at 50, but I'd have more than 8 b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You don't have to cap it at 50, but I'd have more than 8 b:lipcurl

I wouldn't even cap it... I'm happy with my vit being 80ish... once I can wear my 90 green, I may restat some vit to dex, but I would never advocate a lowbie not putting points into vit.

7x air mobs are gonna **** him.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

u can do it without vit right. but having vit is a way of being bm too... wth are u talking about?

ah and that 8x bm must fail. badly. reaaly.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • youmesh
    youmesh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    BM's can be tanks too, but for that u need some good vit, so add vit its worth it ( but not too much ^^)
  • Youmeshxx - Harshlands
    Youmeshxx - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:victoryb:victory
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    youmesh wrote: »
    BM's can be tanks too, but for that u need some good vit, so add vit its worth it ( but not too much ^^)

if u want to roll a tank, be a barb, u dont "NEED" vit to be a good bm, its just a "different" way of playing one. i'm sure most of u know of the all weapon build(str-3, dex-2). but as to beating a lvl 8x at 6x, it's either a lie of it was in a duel and the 8x didn't do anything but stand there.
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My Bm is a level 63. He has 132 dex and 199 str with 8 vit and 3 mag. And i held my own against an 8x Bm.

Define "held my own"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really do need VIT, As a triple weapon built BM, I only get half of VIT every LVL. Yet I die a few times BECAUSE of low VIT b:sad. I am not used to being a DD class so yes, I am only used to being a melee tanker. So I will never cap VIT, period. Blademasters can tank too, don't we need VIT as well? As for what your saying "held my own BM 8x" do you mean you have a level 80+ warrior or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    if u want to roll a tank, be a barb, u dont "NEED" vit to be a good bm, its just a "different" way of playing one. i'm sure most of u know of the all weapon build(str-3, dex-2). but as to beating a lvl 8x at 6x, it's either a lie of it was in a duel and the 8x didn't do anything but stand there.

Nah. I beat 8x at 6x too. Its just a matter of you having chi and them not having it b:chuckle

Anyway, I only have 30 vit and I tank just fine wen I have to. Like I said before though, I'd never put it at 8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

LOL no offence but.... FAIL

and u held against an 80x bm? sure. used phys marrow and its easy to survive phys hits. hell i could hold off a 105 bm with phys marrow on lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Jwu - Harshlands
    Jwu - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Whether to stat into vit or not depends on what you are planning to do:

1) PVP or PVE - PVP in General you need a balance of vit and dex to be able to hit well, as well as take hits espcially from magic class

2) PVE - physical mob aoe grind - you can get away with low vit, high dex

3) PVE - In general you probably want to go high vit for survivability

4) TW - Balance of vit and dex

Another option is to go high DEX if you able to get high refines. +7 set gear at 9x gives you around 7.5k HP Unbuffed with high dex build.

So it really depends on how well you can refine, and what you are planning to do, PVP DEX is a must, how much dex, depends on your gear.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

my bm had vit on 3. I dont pvp btw
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol i have similar stats to that but 20 more vit :P i held my own against an 8x bm only cuz of my sexy wings of the cloudcharger (anniv. pack cape with gawdly stats o.o) +marrow+golden bell =11k p def :P...suurreeee i know i potted here or there.....or spammed it.....but he was 20 levels above me what could i do b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    8 vit at 60 and u can hold ur own against a lvl 80 bm who can double spark u?
    I think its time you woke up from ur dream buddy.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grenadier_LT - Harshlands
    Grenadier_LT - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1 thunderstorm and u dead b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    /Thread 10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    8 vit at 60 and u can hold ur own against a lvl 80 bm who can double spark u?
    I think its time you woke up from ur dream buddy.b:pleased

double spark as bm? pro man, really ... u mean heavens maybe
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    double spark as bm? pro man, really ... u mean heavens maybe

DoubleSpark > Heavens Flame &/or any other BM skil tree ultimate in 1vs1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    162 vit here. Its your character, play the game however you like. b:chuckle
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    162 vit here. Its your character, play the game however you like. b:chuckle

just curious how much hp you have with no gear or buffs? im building an axe bm with min str, min dex, rest into vit
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    just curious how much hp you have with no gear or buffs? im building an axe bm with min str, min dex, rest into vit

Lol that's pretty much my build exactly.

4275 hp completely unequipped and unbuffed (base vit 127). With all my gear and full buffs I'm at around 8850 hp.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1 thunderstorm and u dead b:bye

ROFL. Someone missed the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ROFL. Someone missed the update.

Rofl somebody missed a pure dex genie b:bye
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Rofl just because i can b:laugh
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    DoubleSpark > Heavens Flame &/or any other BM skil tree ultimate in 1vs1.

thats the must stupid thing u can ever do :))

from a double spark they will just run away. also sparking isnt SPIKE dmg while heavens + anything IS spike dmg, also they wont run from it.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thats the must stupid thing u can ever do :))

from a double spark they will just run away. also sparking isnt SPIKE dmg while heavens + anything IS spike dmg, also they wont run from it.

Lrn2English
    Lrn2stunzb:bye

Also I tiger leap away from heavens. It's a bit obvious when its about to come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options

How's the dmg output?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i already went pure dex with my pk genie and hit a barb for 4600 with thunderstorm. there was no debuffs or amp dmgs used. it hasn't been nerfed, maybe even hits harder now
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Damage isn't too bad. About 700 base maxed I think :/ but 2% damage per dex means a good 70 dex genie will add 140% to that. Adding in the double and triple damage boost you're looking at around 10300 PvE damage before resists. Energy req seems reduced so at 99 energy and 15 second cooldown it's possible to fire off two in fairly quick succession.

Personally I'm finding pure dex working rather well. Extreme poison gets a longer duaration and tree heals around 3/4 hp.
This discussion has been closed.