Mount Extravaganza News?

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, the fishy is a land mount. Though it no longer goes 'clip clop'

And I think we can safely expect recoloured ninetails, different auras etc. to come along soon enough. And yeah, $50 is a bit rich.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am so happy!! After saving close to 30mil to buy one of the three or four Bad Panda mounts on HT, now I'll actually be able to get one!!!!!!!!!!!

...on the other hand, now my Hell Hound isn't worth so much as it was a week or two ago, oh well.

and this... your logic is so broken it hurts.

I was being a little sarcastic there you know :P And it's apparently not just thegame ,from what I've saw there are some others,non-MMO but multiplayer online, as well that are coming out soon too.

R.I.P PWI

BTW I think the scarlet "9 tails" can sometimes look like a 3 tailed rat,by looking at it's face it just seems that way.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We have been asking for a break for sale for how long? And yet here we go again. First the month of anniversary packs, that was bad, then they introduce charm packs, then dragon orb sale, now this. It seems they want gold to hit the highest levels possible.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We have been asking for a break for sale for how long? And yet here we go again. First the month of anniversary packs, that was bad, then they introduce charm packs, then dragon orb sale, now this. It seems they want gold to hit the highest levels possible.

b:surrender I am beginning to agree.

The amount of sales that have flooded us in the past two weeks b:shocked

IMO, the company would have been better off waiting till after the Anniversary Packs to give more large sales like this. People would be "recovered" from the event and more would be able to "charge."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Kind of a "bump" thingy, reposting it because it's just... Not sure if it's against the forum "rules". b:avoid

Still waiting for an explanation. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Suppose this just cements it into my head that any mount I'm drooling over now will just be available for purchase eventually. So I guess I'll sit on 50 bucks and decide what to do with it later. That fish my friend wants should be out soon enough.
    What mounts haven't they put out yet? Midnight, Christmas Elk, Bulbfish thing.... is that it? No they haven't put in the anniversary mount yet.
    At least they aren't selling endgame weapons outright.... yet. And why do people keep calling the clothing "cosplay"? It's not cosplay unless you're trying to look like someone from a copywritten/published work.... Or at least that's how I know it. Clothing and mounts, if anything close to that, are useful for RP though. :3
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What mounts haven't they put out yet? Midnight, Christmas Elk, Bulbfish thing.... is that it? No they haven't put in the anniversary mount yet.

Goldmane lion? Or did I miss that sale, I only saw the green one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was under the assumption that the reason why older rare content gets release is because there's more new stuff coming. I have heard that we're getting more mounts, but I haven't seen them. Of course, personally fashion is the least of my concern for a mount
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Yea the appearance of the mount shouldn't really matter, just the cost and the speed, which is why my anniversary mount is so BA.

I'm not concerned at all with the "rare" mounts getting released but you mean to tell me they couldn't have picked a better time?
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Of course, personally fashion is the least of my concern for a mount

So... are we ever going to be able to get Nightmare up to the speed of everything else? It can't be spurred so it's stuck at 10m/sec b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    personally waiting for that pinky fish mount... o_o brilliant plumes on boutique would be uber
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they release old rare items in the boutique they should at least do the service of changing the color slightly to differentiate them from those won in contests or eggs.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY

The Scarlet Ninetails is neither scarlet nor does it have 9 tails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dear PWE,

Please finish transferring my anniversary mount before putting them in the cash shop next week.

Thanks.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:sad herc <.<

I feel for you. b:cry I was actually considering grinding ingame coin for my herc, but now that's just too out of my reach now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was happy that the Scarlet was coming out, I was like "Cool, if its 50gold - I can afford that with in-game coin."

But no, people are selling it in-game for 15-20mil. Which I DON'T get since its in the boutique for 50gold. My friend said it was because of gold, which isn't true - because people are still selling Nein for 5-7mil.

Its not rare anymore, and just because its a "pretty" mount, shouldn't mean that it is more expensive. Hopefully I can find someone out there that is selling it for cheaper. Or I'll just wait till more people get it and the price goes down.

Personally, it makes me mad. Not enough to leave, but just out of disgust at the greed :\

I'll probably have to put 20$ on (since Im not allowed to put $50 >.>) and Sell some in-game for 300-350k again b:surrender
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Goldenmane was in Cashshop with Purg Lion for the first Mount Extravaganza
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But there are very few of them because one was for Lvl 80's and the other just wasn't bought. But there are heaps of Nine-tails at the moment - So I don't get why they are so expensive.
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Liushan - Heavens Tear
    Liushan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well, just my opinion, you should make all stable...
    if you guys can't controll the inflation.., server will be down soon, I've seen too many game failing with this problem, and I don't want it to be happen in PWI, because i love it..

gm's and dev's, i hope you all know what to do..
    LiuShan 8x HT TheEmpire (last stop)

Fy, KrispyKreme, pandarilla, Gaheris, Pendekar
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So... are we ever going to be able to get Nightmare up to the speed of everything else? It can't be spurred so it's stuck at 10m/sec b:victory

Nah, because at the next halloween event they'll be selling 11m/s midnights, so everyone who wants one will shell out $50 instead of $15 for spurs. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I switched to using the anniversary mount, but prior to that I had the second rarest mount in the game.

Know which mount that is?

The elephant.

Dont believe me? You should see how many PM's I got from people asking me where I got my mount and how cool it was. Many of them had never seen an elephant mount before.

Still dont believe me? Try standing at the west gate in Archosaur, and count the different types of mounts you see coming through. I can guarentee you that after the golden lion, the 2 next rarest mounts will be the elephant and the bear.

Its a case of its so common that noone uses it. Reminds me of a comment I overheard in a night club a long time ago... "If this place wasnt so crowded Im sure more people would come here".

Maybe after this sale, people will finally work out that buying things for their rarity value is completely stupid. (in PWI)
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they release old rare items in the boutique they should at least do the service of changing the color slightly to differentiate them from those won in contests or eggs.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY

The Scarlet Ninetails is neither scarlet nor does it have 9 tails.
    A real scarlet nintetails from Jade Dynasty,
    Spirit_Fox_1.jpg
    seems something like Celetial Ninetails would be more appropriate for pwi b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • ZwyIIa - Lost City
    ZwyIIa - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A real scarlet nintetails from Jade Dynasty,
    b:chuckle yeah it's Scarlet...

But it stills looks like a scarlet threetail too me b:laugh
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    b:chuckle yeah it's Scarlet...

But it stills looks like a scarlet threetail too me b:laugh

b:laugh yeah guess it's not a fully matured Kitsune yet b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seeing the Nine-Tails in the cash shop shouldn't really be a surprise. The GM's stated before the first ones were ever given out that they would make their way there.

The contest winners simply got theirs first.

This is what makes something rare, until everyone else gets it. Its never promised that that no one else will EVER be able to buy what they get. But they just get it first.
    So true... I used to be able to tell my friends what a great game this was and I'd try get them all to play with me, but now when my friends ask me what game I'm currently playing, I'd just reply "just some typical MMO you probably won't be interested in", it's just too embarrassing to tell them that this is a "great game" anymore when all balance is lost.

This is hypocrisy at its finest. You are so upset that the owners continue to push sales, in a game where you can play without buying anything? This game is still freaking awesome WITHOUT anything from the cash shop. The graphics, the community, the quests, the bosses, Territory wars, ... the list goes on and on. This game is NOT now nor will it ever be built around the cash shop. It is a perfect game without even 1 cash shop item. What is wrong with it, is that people who wish to have things from the cash shop can't cope with the fact that now they have to spend more to get the items in game.

I have 5 characters. All 5 have a dual spurred panther. I see no need to buy something that costs me millions and millions. My panther does the exact same thing as the nien, ninetail, bad panda etc... I'm not willing to shell out my hard earned coins for something that does the same as the others just b/c its the newest thing.

So go back and tell your friends this game is amazing. Because it is. Just imagine the cash shop doesn't exist. And play it the way its meant to be played. (Being enjoyed for its beauty and splendor). After all, not in any of the game trailers have I ever seen the boutique.

Maybe after this sale, people will finally work out that buying things for their rarity value is completely stupid. (in PWI)

Exactly. I want the brilliant plumes for my archer in a bad way. But I know eventually they will come out in the cash shop, and about 4 months after that, they will lose their value even more than they do when they first release. I'll be able to pick them up for around 2-3 mil and thats when I'll buy. I don't mind waiting, biding my time. After all.. zuriels blade is now practically given away.

I actually THANK PW for coming out with new stuff all the time. It makes the stuff I really want, cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh yeah guess it's not a fully matured Kitsune yet b:chuckle

I wish we sprouted extra tails with each cultivation. Would have worked out great, and fit into myth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I love when people say that nothing from the cash shop is needed.

Ok then play and dont use a single charm or dragon orb.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love when people say that nothing from the cash shop is needed.

Ok then play and dont use a single charm or dragon orb.

You dont need it, you only need it to win b:chuckle.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is hypocrisy at its finest. You are so upset that the owners continue to push sales, in a game where you can play without buying anything? This game is still freaking awesome WITHOUT anything from the cash shop. The graphics, the community, the quests, the bosses, Territory wars, ... the list goes on and on. This game is NOT now nor will it ever be built around the cash shop. It is a perfect game without even 1 cash shop item.
    lol... you're kidding me right?
    Do you even know what "balance" is?
    Not built around the cash shop?
    Sure it's fun at the beginning when you don't need any cash shop items to play, but when you're in the higher levels; charms, dragon orbs, GAs are pretty much compulsory.

The graphics = Not awesome, it's pretty average in today's standards
    The community = So-so
    The quests = Boring
    TW = Not everyone wants to TW and there are those that can't TW whether it be because they're not high enough level or they can't get into a TWing faction

Perfect game?
    So you're telling me as long as people have big fat wallets, it's perfectly fine for them to "buy" levels, Lunarglade/Frostland/End-game equips, TT gold mats, Lv.11/12 gems while the large majority of the free playing community are left in the dust?

Yes it's fair for cash shoppers to gain an advantage over the free-playing players but it's normally a gap that even free-users can cope with, but as mentioned by many over the past few weeks already, the "gap" is now way too large, it's hard to cope, especially for the newer players.
    I have 5 characters. All 5 have a dual spurred panther. I see no need to buy something that costs me millions and millions. My panther does the exact same thing as the nien, ninetail, bad panda etc... I'm not willing to shell out my hard earned coins for something that does the same as the others just b/c its the newest thing.
    None of my business.
    So go back and tell your friends this game is amazing. Because it is.
    No.
    Just imagine the cash shop doesn't exist.
    Impossible.
    And play it the way its meant to be played. (Being enjoyed for its beauty and splendor).
    Can't anymore.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was initially annoyed to hear they came out with another sale of rare mounts. But when I calculated out what the prices ended up being I think this time PWI did it somewhat right.

When you calculate the prices out to coin the Bad Panda and Ninetails are over 20 Mil. Since this is a limited time sale, that kind of price will keep them relatively rare. They would have done even better to have recolored it to keep game prize mounts exclusive.

Rareness is important to keep the PWI economy stable and a value to the prizes in the game. That has been messed up quite a bit recently (ie. Silvermane fiasco) And has caused enough anger with players that many have left or have decided not to spend any more real cash. So I hope PWE learns their lesson from it.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I wish we sprouted extra tails with each cultivation. Would have worked out great, and fit into myth!

I like it b:victory
    9 tails would just be so b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]