Mount Extravaganza News?

124»

Comments

• sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was under the assumption that the reason why older rare content gets release is because there's more new stuff coming. I have heard that we're getting more mounts, but I haven't seen them. Of course, personally fashion is the least of my concern for a mount

Yes, but this still screws over people who paid 50m+ for the ninetails, panda and goldmane lion
  • sparqy
    edited September 2009
    If they release old rare items in the boutique they should at least do the service of changing the color slightly to differentiate them from those won in contests or eggs.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY

The Scarlet Ninetails is neither scarlet nor does it have 9 tails.

YES!!! They should have had SOMETHING to differentiate the ones that people won or paid millions for.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sparqy wrote: »
    Yes, but this still screws over people who paid 50m+ for the ninetails, panda and goldmane lion

Same thing with Israfel, and bikinis. You paid for the privilege to have it earlier than everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparqy
    edited September 2009
    I have never spent a penny on this game. I have worked my **** off to achieve everything I have.

Prior to the bulbfish being released I had EVERY SINGLE (land) MOUNT in the game.

I watched the value of my DQ horses plummet.

I've seen the value of my lion, ninetails, panda and black raptor plummet.

Well I guess now I can hope for the bulbfish owners to get screwed too, then I'll have all the mounts in the game again...
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sparqy wrote: »
    I have never spent a penny on this game. I have worked my **** off to achieve everything I have.

By "paid for" since the items weren't in the cash shop previous, I wasn't referring to real money. I had an Israfel on the day the Halloween event started, I had 4 full bikinis months before they were in the shop. Other MMO's do the same thing, what's "rare" now becomes commonplace later to give those that have the "rare" items something new to work for, it's not as much of a money-making scheme as it is an attention-keeping scheme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparqy
    edited September 2009
    The most egregious aspect of all this, is that they SOLD FOR REAL LIFE MONEY the eggs that had a 1/5000 chance for Ninetails at $1/ea.

And now they are just selling the Ninetails outright for $50.

They are very specifically **** over previous cash shop buyers... (not to mention people like me who dont spend RL money but worked their **** off to afford it with in game coin, when it was 1 of 5)
  • sparqy
    edited September 2009
    By "paid for" since the items weren't in the cash shop previous, I wasn't referring to real money. I had an Israfel on the day the Halloween event started, I had 4 full bikinis months before they were in the shop. Other MMO's do the same thing, what's "rare" now becomes commonplace later to give those that have the "rare" items something new to work for, it's not as much of a money-making scheme as it is an attention-keeping scheme.

They can release new RARE items without flooding the market with previously rare items tho.

My attention was kept just fine, seeking a bulbfish to re-complete my (previously complete) collection.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love when people say that nothing from the cash shop is needed.

Ok then play and dont use a single charm or dragon orb.

I don't use dragon orbs. It is much cheaper to buy what I want out of the a/h already refined, than to spend 8-10 gold on an item.

The only reasons you NEED the cash shop is b/c you want to work less. Estoricas make you level faster. They do not in any way "enhance" game play. If you play for the sake of playing, enjoying the entertainment how fast you level really isn't an issue.

If you want to be the best, the fastest. Then the estoricas/angels/etc.. mean a lot to you. Therefore making YOUR gaming experience revolve around the cash shop. Not mine. Or many others.

I don't use angels. I do not use estoricas. Since charms went so high I've quit using them too. I still play. I still have fun. I just lvl at a slower rate. Do I like it.. not as much as I would like it if I had cash shop items at a more affordable rate. But it doesn't take away from my game play. The game is still pretty, I am still entertained.

As I said before, just imagine the cash shop doesn't exist. You will love this game just as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BordoRose - Sanctuary
    BordoRose - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As always I start PWI and what I see? Mounts in Bounti? Log in quickly and check which mounts and then... "no comment please.."
    Omg! What they re doing?! I didn't win Bad panda or Ninetails and i was sad. But when I saw them in Arch I was thinking "Lucky people" and "If only i could be on their place.." Now... this few people on server will not again "exclusive".
    I ll not talk here about Silver Mane... -> b:angry

Even if I ll buy one of new mounts... I ll still feel that its VERY unfair to people who won them. Why GMs didn't make more contests where we can win them? Eh..

So now (please don't put it in Bounti) Midnight and Goldenmane lion (somehow Lobster too) will be the rarest and the most exclusive mounts in PWI.

ps. I'm very sorry for any mistakes in my English.. b:surrender (It's not my native language)
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't use dragon orbs. It is much cheaper to buy what I want out of the a/h already refined, than to spend 8-10 gold on an item.
    Not everything can be so easily bought from the AH and it is NOT always cheaper to buy from the AH. Most of the TT80, TT90 or TT99 sold in the AH are rejects with low refines of +0, +1, +2 or +3, simply not enough for most high level players.
    The only reasons you NEED the cash shop is b/c you want to work less. Estoricas make you level faster. They do not in any way "enhance" game play. If you play for the sake of playing, enjoying the entertainment how fast you level really isn't an issue.
    No one mentioned esotericas here, you can basically "buy" levels in the form of oracles.

Work less? No.
    It's because they are basically essential.
    Try surviving through the entire game with only 4 rows in your bank and inventory.
    When you're the only cleric in a squad, not carrying a GA while doing a high level instance is just plain silly.
    Try doing certain TTs without a charm (especially as a tanker or cleric).
    Try doing Rebirth Delta without a charm.
    As I said before, just imagine the cash shop doesn't exist. You will love this game just as much.
    And as I said before, it's pretty much impossible and if you think this game is still "Perfect" and "Balanced" after what's been happening in the past few weeks, then either you're just being delusional or you're the type that just likes to grind/log on to simply chat with friends which is not what the game should be like.
  • Loxxa - Lost City
    Loxxa - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    how much would an Elephant mount sell for in game?
  • Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide
    Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Necro b:bye

and if you want to know a price....just look up current gold prices and guesstimate.
    -Insert Cool Signature with my character's screenshot here-
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2010

/inb4lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:laugh

/inb4lock2
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    /inb4lock4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    zmog a thread made by Aadi has been necroed~!
    oh noes~
    Dx

in before lock 6
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Above post +1
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    /inb4lock
    b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]