Mount Extravaganza News?

Aadi - Lost City
Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Noticed there wasn't a thread about reactions to the Mount Extravaganza news, so I thought I'd make one to see what people think of it. b:shutup

Mount releases link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
"We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
"You live for forums. Like seriously."
Post edited by Aadi - Lost City on

Comments

• ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    now the only rare mount would be wut...Midnight? thats the only one i know that hasnt come in to the cash shop...now that i mention it...i thought all these mounts would stay out like that
    i was one of the ones who wasnt even mad abt the selling end game gear..makes me die easier to ppl in nefarious on sanctuary...but hey...it didnt bother me much
    gold...could care less...but now they r changing everything
    not to sound mean or anything to get on the other nerves...
    but...are the ppl trying to **** every1 off?
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wasn't there another mount sale like 2 weeks ago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • KitraAZ - Sanctuary
    KitraAZ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm happy about it I always wanted a Ninetail!b:pleased I never cared it was rare I wanted it because it was pretty lol xD
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    yea they're selling everything in the cash shop...so if u want a a mount just chill out and wait...for instance...if u want a gold mane...wait they will put a gold mane in the cash shop soon enough b:laugh
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    =O.O=

Ninetails =^.^=

I want one XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OH MY GOD, NO WAY. b:surprised.

Wait, didnt we all expect that sooner or later?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh LMFAO to the peeps who bought them for millions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • PersonaChi - Sanctuary
    PersonaChi - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is just another sale in preparation for PWI's Doomsday.

What is the ETa now? 4days 18 hours untill it all ends?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm happy about the Ninetails... but then again, with the way gold prices are, people are still going to be selling them for ridiculous amounts. The only people who benfit from sales anymore are the ones who use real money for them. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is just another sale in preparation for PWI's Doomsday.

What is the ETa now? 4days 18 hours untill it all ends?

Thats for special people only. Regulars is 2 days on top of that. b:chuckle
    Yep, we're talking about my birthday, right?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Omfg Yay Gold Prices Rose And

Wtf I Spent Liek 10.4 To Get My Gf A Ninetail.
    Wtf Is This
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • DivineMaiden - Dreamweaver
    DivineMaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It properly will still cost millions b:sad I kinda want some mount to be exclusive to contest winners though..but...I want a Ninetails too! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just like the DQ ponies being exclusive. Now I am just waiting for the brilliant plume wings to hit the cash shop, cuz I know sooner or later it will happen. Nothing mountwise is exclusive anymore
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The goldfish and the brilliant plume would be nice.... o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Geez, is this never gonna end!?!?!?!?!?!??!

why PWI, WHY!?!
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    well atleast i can look foward to getting a midnight soon now >.>
    b:laugh
    and i can look foward to a bit of less ppl playing cuz they r mad abt the whole mounts coming out...and sanctuary some person had tried to spend 60 mil to try and get the ninetails mount...imagine who spent wut >.>
  • Fellinia - Dreamweaver
    Fellinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sort of makes you wonder if they have any management authority at all over the course of PWI. It almost seems like they get their marching orders from overseas as far as sales, and all this talk of "collecting feedback" from the community is nothing more than a placating action from a talented PR staff. Any staff member brave enough to admit they actually do or don't craft these sales at their level of the food chain in the PW universe?

I do use the cash shop myself, though I usually don't sell gold for in game coin. I'm just curious as to the marketing and mindset behind some of the recent events. It almost seems at times lately you guys are hell-bent on driving this game straight into the ground at mach 9.
  • sigurdshuinsai
    sigurdshuinsai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you think about it guys; regardless of what MMO you play, there will always be people who sell some items from an Item Mall, Boutique...what have you. So it does not matter what most people think because it will happen regardless of what the mass media has to say.

As for why they sell items; I would have to think it is based on just what people are buying and what people are not. I do some marketing with my company, and I noticed that when things don't seem to be selling well, they throw out something new to grab at the interest of the customer. In doing so, sales go right back up and they can continue what they need to do. So what they sell in fact, is a direct representation of what you and I, the customer...actually buys.

Maybe that will help clear some stuff up for the people who just 'want to know'. b:pleased
  • Fellinia - Dreamweaver
    Fellinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, I can certainly understand putting stuff out if there are ready buyers for it, they'd be fools not to capitalize on it. The dilemma I find myself thinking about more and more is this.

Is it possible to have a functional MMO community if you drive away every player that cannot/will not pay real money? Without the "massively multiplayer" part of the equation, is it prudent to continue to throw money at them, even though I enjoy what it gets and can afford it, if in the end the collapse of the community ultimately results in the shut down of the game? As much as I think people who hop from one F2P game to another with no intent to ever pay one cent are worthless leeches, I recognize the need for them in developing that "massive" community. If you want 100% of your player base to be paying customers, why not go with a subscription + micro transaction model? Maybe its time to cool off on zen-buying for a bit, and just sit back and watch how it all plays out.
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well id like a ninetails...
    but anyway now everyone knows

if you want something dont shell out the coins...be patient and eventually itll be in thw cash shop:)
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wonder if they forgot about the elks.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Geeeeeeez.

Again really? Another Mount Extravaganza? Did we really need one at this time?

I mean come on, with gold prices as it is, why try to force it any higher? especially when nine tails in such high demand, you really can't expect the majority of non-cash shoppers to be able to afford these mounts within the one week sale period without charging zen (evil plan spotted!).

Anyone remember this?
    The reason why the price for Gold has shot through the roof, is because of the addition of Jolly Old Jones, not the Gear Shattering system.
    [...]
    Currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game right now.
    [...]
    Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools. You can be sure that when you guys are upset about high Gold prices, we become concerned for our players who can't afford to charge their ZEN directly.
  • sigurdshuinsai
    sigurdshuinsai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you go by thinking that way though, then you come up with several problems.

First Problem ] Not everyone is leaving. In fact, I myself am a new player and am enjoying the hell out of this game. I plan on even buying myself some Zen so I can get me a Yukata because it just looks that cool. I also know that there are a lot of new players showing up to PWI...more so than those who are leaving.

Second Problem ] The fact that this game is free in and of itself is what draws people to play, no one is forcing you to buy Zen...it is you who is doing it of your own free will; so simply wondering just why someone actually is willing to pay real money for a mount they have been dieing to get for ages is kind of self explanatory. You want it, so you buy it. So those who are paying the money to get themselves Zen are enjoying it...I don't see the point in actually complaining or mentioning the fact that you just spent this money and got an item. you pay for what you want.

Third Problem ] I have seen MMO's come and go, but the most noticeable that I have seen was Hellgate:London, so I will use them as an example. Here, people get to play for free...just like in H:L. Unlike H:L though, I noticed that this place has the chance to buy items from an item mall just like many other MMO RPG's. H:L however did not have this option; they instead had the option for you to pay a monthly or even semi-anual fee to get one single special item and unlock a lot of new places that most free gamers would never get to pay for. Past that, there was nothing new or special to the game. This game however is always changing, people can buy a vast assortment of items that they want or need from the Boutique and all via spending their money to do so. This was not aloud in H:L, nor was the ability to spend in game money to earn such boutique cash available. So what happened to H:L? They were forced to shut down their online servers, leaving everyone who did enjoy the game crying about that. So in retrospect, PWI is far superior than H:L, just because you are not happy...does not mean everyone else is not happy. The thousands of free gamers who are here as opposed to the small amount who do in fact view the forums will keep on buying and spending their Zen. So I hardly doubt PWI will be going under anytime soon with how well they are doing things; even on the marketing side.

Do I wish the prices would be cheaper? Yes, everyone does and everyone will. Even so, I will keep on buying and selling Zen.....if it will allow me to get on to do so. >.<
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ROFLMAO I LOL'ed when I saw this .

It's just too amusing. Any1 else think's this is the last major sale before the "deadline" ?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    From a certain perspective, the (return of the) mount extravaganza is actually brilliant.

The neinbeast, ninetails (I only see three tails dammit!b:angry), and hellhound are all are all rare mounts (the ninetails being the rarest) so demand for them is incredibly high because of those people who want/"need" to have the best/rarest/biggest/most colorful items in game. People will occasionally see a few running around every now and then which only causes them to want the mounts even more.

They then tease us with the eggs/packs/whatevers which have a tiny chance of holding a ninetails inside. The number of ninetails mounts increases slightly but PWE makes a huge profit from the hundred (most likely closer to thousands) of items bought by players hoping for the ninetails. The neinbeast and hellhound have only been released once each (to the best of my knowledge) so their numbers are also very small in comparison to other mounts.

Wait several months and let the feelings of envy and greed fester in the players before releasing the "rare" mounts in the boutique.

The devs will be smoking cuban cigars and drinking fine wine out of diamond glasses after this.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • PersonaChi - Sanctuary
    PersonaChi - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My problem with the current cash shop is they have items that should be In-game only.

the cash shop system revolves around giving the people who pay, a slight advantage, such as lvling faster with charms or extra bling in the form of cosplay items and mounts and such.

equipment and essentially game unbalancing items are the main reason you see QQers lately.

if PWI was simply shoving sale after sale of clothes and mounts and xp scrolls it would be acceptable, bun in conjunction with those we have seen end game equips given away, and now as if to ad insult to those who won contests, even the nine-tails which is supposed to be contest prize only is available to everyone with 50$ burning a hole in thier pocket.

I know i will receive $h!t for this but im quiting PWI because of the blatant disregard of the delicate balance between payer and non-payer that is required for F2p. Its sad to see PWE basically going through its death throes before _ _ _ _ comes out. And before anyone asks,no im not going to _ _ _ _, im going to hold out for F____F______XIV. b:victory
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    WTF then they need to change the sitcom prize -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • kingrat
    kingrat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ROFLMAO I LOL'ed when I saw this .

It's just too amusing. Any1 else think's this is the last major sale before the "deadline" ?

Hopefully they will calm down with the "sales" after the unmentionable game opens. but you forget we are heading into the holidays....ie: halloween goodies, andthen the long awaited thanksgiving turkey mount
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

ElfMedic: cleric (7x)
    Shieldwall: barbarian (7x)
    Mournbringer: BM (6x)
    Silver_Ghost: archer (6x)
    Prejudice: wizard (4x)