larger pet bags for venos

Options
Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
10 slots just isnt enough, and given that veno is reliant on pets we SHOULD have a larger maxed out pet bag than other classes who can only hold mounts and all class pets.
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    isn't there cages that give more space for venos <.<?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    isn't there cages that give more space for venos <.<?

It starts at 1, then maxes out at 10... Just like the inventory/safe (as they start low, then has a maximum). Dont know why someone would need more than 10 though.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why more than 10 slots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why not have a bigger bag? thats the bigger queston? all the rest of you don't want it because you can't tame pets.....

and they should lower the tasks for trying to get up to 5 pets in the bag.

and they should make the banks easyer to exstend or atleast the first 5 exstentions easy.... like just have the option of paying the Pet and Banker people for more space.

To us Veno's pets are our lives.... that and trying to get paid to let some random guy embrace us ^_^ last part was a joke.... i could care less who holds me as long as he isn't a perv.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why not have a bigger bag? thats the bigger queston? all the rest of you don't want it because you can't tame pets.....

Dont judge based on my avatar please. I also have an 8x veno.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It starts at 1, then maxes out at 10... Just like the inventory/safe (as they start low, then has a maximum). Dont know why someone would need more than 10 though.

because being a veno i have a need for different pets for different reasons and that limits the number of mounts i can have.

and correct me if im wrong, 10 is the maximum for any class character.. so why should a non-pet based character have as many pet slots as a pet based one? not suggesting they lower the number of slots for other classes, just saying 10 is great and more than enough when you dont need battle pets, its not for someone who plays veno AS THEIR MAIN and also likes to/wants to collect mounts.
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    get rid of pets you don't use any more is what i'd do yeah it's sad but i'm not a veno so idk on this part but not like your going to use them all any ways i've seen lower lvl venos use between 2-3 differnt pets and onces they get a herco and a nix it's usually those 2 they use idk i'm just throw my 2 cents in trying to help
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lets see...

Slot 1 - Herc (or any other ground pet in case you cant afford yet)
    Slot 2 - Nix (or any other air pet in case you cant afford yet)
    Slot 3 - Water pet
    Slot 4 - 2nd nix (Someone told me 2 nixes for TW is good. He didnt say why, but anyways, lets assume its something important that requires another slot)
    Slot 5 - Running mount

At this point you have ALL your bases covered. You have 5 more slots for whatever the hell you wanna tame for kicks and 'show & tell' or maybe another running mount. I dont see why any veno would need more than 5 cages. You can have 10. Any valid reason to request for more?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mine would go if i had all my slots.

1- Snow Hare (always popular to have one...if you don't get one it is a must for all veno's)
    2-Tank Pet
    3- Fast attack pet
    4- Magic cast pet
    5- Flying pet
    6- Water pet
    7- Anphibous pet
    8- Healing pet
    9- Curser pet
    10- another Rare pet
    17- a nother tank pet.
    18- one of those pets nere 1,000 streems
    19- a water mount.
    20- (i would find something)

See We Venno's need pets more than the rest of the classes we need one for almost any situayion.... and then some to keep our pride as a Veno.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lets see...

Slot 3 - Water pet
    Slot 4 - 2nd nix (Someone told me 2 nixes for TW is good. He didnt say why, but anyways, lets assume its something important that requires another slot)
    Slot 5 - Running mount

At this point you have ALL your bases covered. You have 5 more slots for whatever the hell you wanna tame for kicks and 'show & tell' or maybe another running mount. I dont see why any veno would need more than 5 cages. You can have 10. Any valid reason to request for more?

i really dont understand why you people are reacting to this with such hostility and negativity. its not like im asking to be able to have more than one pet out at once. what part of "10 is more than enough for someone who doesnt use battle pets but not enough for someone who does" do you not understand?

i have a herc and nix, but that is really beside the point, other pets still have uses. a scorpion is way better for pvp than a herc, and various others are better for luring. i havent been in the revamped frost yet so idk if theyre still there, but i needed a ranged kiting type pet to tank the air mobs (cuz you cant summon flying pets in dungeons). then like you said, water pet.

also a non-herc veno would need both phys and magic tanks. so you count those up, you know the VENO's list, not the archers list to what a veno should have.

and why the hell should i be limited to 1 land mount. did you not read the part where i said "someone who likes to or wants to collect mounts"?

in simple english that means more than one mount. and thjats really what my main issue is. i want more room for more land mounts to use on my main (this char). i've already cut my battle pets down to the bare minimum.

so lets see.. valid reason. any other class would really only NEED 1 slot for a land mount to "cover all their bases", yet they get the extra 9 and have loads of play room. a veno doesnt have that extra wiggle room. and if any class should have wiggle room, it should be veno.

maybe 10 or 5 is enough for a minimalist who doesnt like any variety in their gameplay, thats not me. i like variety.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe there should be more than one kind of pet bag then?

5 diffrent bags for Veno's, all hold 10 pets.

1- is for your normal garden varitiy pets
    2- is for tanks
    3- is for Speical pets that can fly and go in water.
    4- is for Mounts
    5- is for the Cute and Cuddly ones^_^ *huggs her cuddles*

Does that make all you Non-Veno's happy or maybe we should alow for Veno's to tame other players to^_^
    6- a pet bag for other players
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vinat, you took it the wrong way. Im talking about logic and necessity. 10 does cover all of it. Having cute pets for show and tell or inumerous mounts isnt necessary. I really doubt any developer of any game would consider making a change just because you want to parade around with diferent pets/mounts.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vinat, you took it the wrong way. Im talking about logic and necessity. 10 does cover all of it. Having cute pets for show and tell or inumerous mounts isnt necessary. I really doubt any developer of any game would consider making a change just because you want to parade around with diferent pets/mounts.

he's right just live with what you get haven't heard any other veno having a problem with this
  • sandaili
    sandaili Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I agree - more pets is good. I have maxxed out my bag, and it's fun to level up with different pets. You of course can always revert pets back to eggs, but that is not what you're looking for.

It should be available for people who want to buy more space, IMO. Some people play Venos for the pet taming and fun of having and training pets, not for PKing or end game.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Cash shop is not necesary either, but people like to buy items from it....

By your logic, only people that charge zen with RL money should have access to the cash shop, since nothing in it is necessary....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • bider
    bider Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i need 2 pet slot i am lvl 33
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lets see...

Slot 3 - Water pet
    Slot 5 - Running mount

Why is it that when people look at venos, they assume that they have herc's and nixes, having "all your bases covered" doesnt mean having the first 5 slots of the pet bag filled with cash shop / water pets. also many venos would love to have, hmm lets say 20 slots for lots of (let me make this clear) "attacking pets" whether they be cute snow hares, windwalking piggies, to the not so cute like the glacial walkers and the Prickly Oddfoot Pups. I for one agree and like this idea ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Asbel - Dreamweaver
    Asbel - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The thing is, 10 is already a lot of pets to juggle about.
    20 would be even worse.
    You'd have 1 or 2 pets up to 8x and then have others still at level 1 or so.
    So you'd have to juggle 20 pets per level in order to keep up.

Unless I am playing too much of that one other game that allows pets. *shrug*
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bider wrote: »
    i need 2 pet slot i am lvl 33

Bad Necro! Pointless Necro! You should've let this one stay dead and posted a new topic along similar lines. Necroing for no valid point other than to necro a thread is a bad, bad thing! Leave the dead threads dead. They were that way for a reason.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Bellatrixie - Heavens Tear
    Bellatrixie - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you want so many pets can't you just hatch/revert pets into eggs, and choose the ones you need atm?

And i believe the challeging thing about a veno is finding a good pet, and with 10+ pet bag slots, you can have every sort of pet.

Besides how are you going to keep all of your 15 (?) pets at the right level, that'll be a lot of grinding i guess...

My veno is good for now with 2 slots (okay my veno is a low lvl (not that my main is that high) but i guess it'll be fine with it's qingfu (in some guide it was in the top 10 mag res AND phys res) another phys pet, and an air pet (i was told that i don't really need a water pet, just tame one in the area where i need water mobs) oh yea and maybe a mount, so that means i guess it only needs 4 slots)
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    10 is plenty IMO. I get along just fine with 4 actually.

1. Magmite
    2. Sawfly
    3. Turtle
    4. Mount

I could prolly use another one for my bunny, but i usually just swap it out with my turtle when i don't need it since there are so few water quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."