If you're going to nerf Holy Path

Comments

• Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    those are stat point resets not affinity i saw them and collected them last night then banked them cus there is nothing to restat >.> my genie stats are/were fine its the affinities and constant changing/decomposing high lvl genies that pisses me off

EDIT:
    looked at patch notes and every one of my genie skills is nerfed in some way AND

i didn't get everything what the watcher of earth offers i got no stone of refreshment and nowhere near 80 origination orders (i got a poxy 20)

so yeh now i have a lvl 50 zeal genie that doesn't need all 50 mag and i can only restat 20 mag into dex?? yeh good **** game makes me wanna go back to RFonline tbh
  • Worth_Shop - Harshlands
    Worth_Shop - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Finally i reached a conclusion: genies are not worth to be leveled.

Yeah you can gain great advantages by a high leveld one with many LP. But since every week everything could change genies are not worth to be leveled and cared.

Personally if i'd never make a one full of LP i'll sell for crazy amount of money and i'll laugh at who bought it when they will be furthermore nerfed.

I'll keep my Discipline, 25/50 with just necessary skill (extreme poiso, wind force and - tree of protection and holy path - i think i'll make genie forget these 2 to learn other more useful).
    b:bye
  • Mr_B - Dreamweaver
    Mr_B - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes my stamina is still 200 but the reset of infinity points has made it so i cant use them now it wont let me reallocate the points and top is not working all greyed out whats the point of that to a bm that is a must,ffs when will you devs get things right for crying out loud
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this no reply on u noobs flaming me on my post idc about u all haha b:laugh

but i was a lil hasty with posting tree still good combine with tangle mire ... 60 strenght same as it was with dex BUT because if u look the energie cost is changed too ... so combine still posible

i still think this is not a prior thing to change in game there things that are way more important ... like i stated before ....

now all u noobies go flame me off again b:byeb:thanks
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, interesting changes.

My genie is mainly for Extreme Poison. Although damage no longer goes up, I'm still happy with the extra duration so no complaints here.

I loved my basically 250coin uber hp heals, but if it isnt an uber hp heal I'm pissed.

I believe that's why they changed it... because it was considered a cheap "uber heal". But I never used that skill myself so I wouldn't know how good it was. I got plenty of potions and regen herbs anyway. =)
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    blaa bitching about the best skill lol grind and get sp or buy charms b:laugh
    ty GM my grinding is or will pay off hehe less QQ more grind **** b:angry
    grind grind grind ur way to sp
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I loved my basically 250coin uber hp heals, but if it isnt an uber hp heal I'm pissed.

Well...prepare to be SEVERELY pissed...cuz it aint even worth having in the game now. Its a pathetic waste of affinity points and it does nothing like what you're used to. Its more like a **** in the wind now than a functional skill.
    edited September 2009

and that replaces the spirit i wasted and also just spent?
    and that will stop the younger guildies gettin confused and filling guild chat with "help am confused how do i (insert random Q about genie)"
    this is bs it's ok for these ppl who never botherd with genies but i had to sacrifice allsorts of spirit exp coins to get my genie where it was

no compensation for that though is there?

it's not ppl bitching about the best skill cus they nerfed all of em u idiot
    edited September 2009
    don't wanna burst anyones bubble but my tai chi got nerfed also b:angry

i went from buffing my archer run speed buff and then tai chi making me usually run at 7.7mps but now i only run at 6.7mps and thats a lvl 7 tai chi so yeh no speedy fb's for jooo
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    >.> Not sure if you read what I posted there, Fireblood. Tai Chi removes a buff after it wears off. Meaning you have to rebuff. Making it inferior to Holy Path, since Holy Path does not do that.
    I always thought of that Regen buff to be utterly useless tbh b:cute
    Quit.
    edited September 2009
    just wondered if a GM would kindly enlighten the community as to why each change was made??
    like holy path, tree and mostly every other skill?

I KNOW U WON'T but seriously if yer gunna make a reply make it a decent one >.> don't dance around the gritty questions pl0x

also i would like to know who is giving me back the spirit i used to reset genie skills?
    and also all the sacrifices ppl have made to get high lvl genies
    and the extra price ppl who didn't ever use genies will have to pay to get the same hardcore genies?

i don't think this is fair at all ppl have spent exp spirit coins to make good unique genies and u make us spend more spirit just to rectify our problem (50k spirit is alot when saving for good skills)
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wen is winter becuase i live in australia and its summer here rite now

A few months away. This expansion will most likely come in December. At least, that's what all the speculations say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    It's to make it more "balanced" b:cute
    Quit.
  • Remnant_Vivo - Heavens Tear
    Remnant_Vivo - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They adjust Genie skill to balance it as they see fit, just deal with it. Also if you took the time to notice they gave players back 80K SP, 80 Origination Order, and 1 Stone of Refreshment.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree with the OP... I've put a lot of time and effort into making my Genies, all 4 of them, a very, very important part of how I play. This feels like a huge slap in the face. Almost every single one of the skills I, and my parties, love has been nerfed. And give me a break with the uber stamina requirement. What was the point in that... Besides Coin Sink, I can think of none, which is funny, because now even less people are going to put effort into their genies now. Also... Looks like PW discovered just how powerful people were with the Blinding Sand/ Befuddling Mist combo. b:cold Guess I'll really have to pump points now. 15% reduction when it used to be 70%... Also, that bone they threw us to reset them? Only affects one of my genies.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great. All the good things that came with the patch - ignored

Which good things? Bug fixes, yay, congratulations.

Usefull Genie skills have been nurfed into oblivion, wasting a lot of spirit and coin with them.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    also i would like to know who is giving me back the spirit i used to reset genie skills?
    and also all the sacrifices ppl have made to get high lvl genies
    and the extra price ppl who didn't ever use genies will have to pay to get the same hardcore genies?
    I got 40k spirit, 60 reset orders and 1 refresment stone which is OK to me. Spirit can be gained back in no time.
    What sacrifices "people" made to get high level genies? Did they lose they genies or whatb:chuckle
    And what the heck are "hardcore" genies?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got 40k spirit, 60 reset orders and 1 refresment stone which is OK to me. Spirit can be gained back in no time.
    What sacrifices "people" made to get high level genies? Did they lose they genies or whatb:chuckle
    And what the heck are "hardcore" genies?

Some people have raised genie after genie after genie to get one with high lucky points to really take advantage of skills that have been now nerfed, those "Hardcore" genies have now become almost useless.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What sacrifices "people" made to get high level genies?

XP / spirit infuse. It's a tradeoff between genie utility and power increase from +character levels / +skills. That tradeoff now changed drastically.

Then there's the change to the Zeal genie, now there are no more extra skills from upping magic. This means that this genie is now no longer more usefull then any other and thus Zeal genies have become obsolete.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Personally i like how lucky points affect skill slots instead of mag. b:victory
    Quit.
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol yea I understand a bit why they nerfed it, I got a 4500hp heal for 250coins. Before I even leveled my genie I got lvl 4 apoth I have about 50 life powders to boost my hp regen on me and am a tank. I just like that I havent bought potions in over a week. I use potions when a person asks me to help with a boss and I say pffft i dont need a cleric for that LEEEEEROY JENKINS! I now actually will start using my pots n apoth even when not tanking bosses w.o heals. *sigh* no more showing off to lowbies
  • Darksky - Heavens Tear
    Darksky - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally i like how lucky points affect skill slots instead of mag. b:victory

YAY lets have alot of skills when you cant use any of them ... seriously that is really great... not ....

For those who said that people haven't done any sacrifice i have a question:

Do you want a genie?? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh noes...my avatar is bald b:shockedb:shocked <
    WTF b:laughb:laugh
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Hey now there's an idea...except that grinding for coins to buy charms will probably burn 2-3 charms before you earn enough to buy one...you're a GENIUS!!b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    ok so this is why i am mad

my genie is a lvl 50 zeal genie with 50 mag created from decomposing my lvl 37 metal vit genie which also got nerfed by GM's as u now know zeal = useless now

yes i was given 80k spirit but my genie is lvl 50 so it cost more then 80k spirit to learn and max new skills (which are ****)

there was no given reason as to why changes have been made "balance" is not good enough for me tbh how is it balanced?

the people who are saying "suck it up" or "gg get over it" probably had a lvl 7 vit genie that they never used >.>

i had ToP which got affinity swapped and nerfed
    i had blinding sand which took the biggest nerf
    i had tai chi which at lvl 7 lost 1mps may not sound like much but it was
    i had earthquake but that was just for fb's anyhow not to bothered

but yeh basically full genie re-vamp that cost more then i was given to change it with..right after the GM's pwned my old genie

so maybe you can see why am soo raged out right now surely?
    and the sacrifices i was referring to are.... well they are blatantly obvious for everyone to know (time,exp,spirit,coins,restats and whatnot)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My guess as to the reason is simple:

Cookie cutter genies.

Genies have how many different skills? Lots and lots and lots.

And how many did anyone use? Ten, maybe?

I don't think they've gone about it the right way. But the many threads that asked "What should I do with my genie?" all got answered "Tree of protection, lightning chaser, maybe holy path" That can't have been a good thing.
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well now genies with nice LP will be much more valuable
    and mag is not pointless at least you get nice regen; i could't use a genie with basic mag points it takes ages to recover
    meow?

b:bye
    edited September 2009
    50 mag for a 2sec regen is total fail if the 40 mag skill slot has gone then this should happen

zeal genies start or get 5 slots for 40 mag or the 2 sec regen of energy should be lowered to 40 mag

zeal genies are now pointless and mine is lvl 50 b:cry
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like the new system of genies.

It means that with 57 lucky points i can have 5 skills. So I got my origination orders from the Watcher, put all my MAG points into STR and DEX, and I now have 5 skills that are better than before thanks to the LP determining the amount of skills you have.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
    edited September 2009
    has anybody noticed that threads are being merged together but there is no GM response??

yeh GG they don' know what to say lol

OK SO WHY ARE ALL THREADS ABOUT GENIES PUT IN HERE BUT NO GM RESPONSES TO OUR MULTITUDES OF QUESTIONS AND STAEMENTS?
  • Bloodknight - Harshlands
    Bloodknight - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes you have a point that you spend alot of time into your genies to get them at what they are now. But like other said there were only about 10 out of 200 skills that were used for the genie's. So you QQ about your uber skill for only a pinch in your coins/SP/EXP. I've done 1 rebirth and leveled my genie 30 levels in 1 day. That's about 3 hours of work and 350K on HP charm.

either get things done more efficient or just stop complaining about that you lost your uber skill so you could breeze thru quests and other stuff.

Tree of protection nerfed my armageddon too. but then again i only use tree of protection in extreme danger. And if you depend on a uber skill to survive you might consider doing grind/PvP or whatever a little more carefull. The "nerfed" skills give you new options to explore other skills which you never even heard of before. this that as a chance to explore new things.

Genies just weren't meant to be "uber", so they balanced the skills out more.

Don't take this as a flame. I just see the positive side of all things. Go explore the other genie skills and suprise me with a skill i can't anticipate on in PvP.

Greetz,

Bloodknight