If you're going to nerf Holy Path

Mirabeth - Sanctuary
Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Please do the same to Tai Chi. Tai Chi removes the cleric buff that does hp regen for either a half hour or an hour after Tai Chi wears off (within seconds). Now that Holy Path is self cast only, people will be using Tai Chi. This will mean everyone's HP regen buff will be taken off when in the area of effect for the skill. Holy Path didn't have this issue, making it a superior skill. Yes I know you can self cast Holy Path, but with Tai Chi being basically the same as it was before, people will probably be using Tai Chi.b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
Post edited by Mirabeth - Sanctuary on

Comments

• vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Err.. why was it nerfed -.- now theres no way to help those noobies move faster while helping them do their fbs... b:sad
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    vbarbie wrote: »
    Err.. why was it nerfed -.- now theres no way to help those noobies move faster while helping them do their fbs... b:sad

you can always buy the noobies some powder or make some for them. also there is the short but usefull archer buff to increase movement speed.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was never a huge fan of Holy Path anyways. So this nerf doesn't bother me much.

Will still get it on my cleric for PvP purposes.
    Belligero
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wow... lame.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sorry if this has already been QQ'd about, but take a look at this:
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Tree of Protection - Reduced base energy cost to 70. Increased base Stamina cost to 700. Requisite Affinity: Wood 3, Water 4. Genie Level Requisite and Spirit: 31 (2780), 36 (4000), 41 (5620), 46 (7780), 51 (10640), 56 (14480), 61 (19660), 66 (26600), 71 (36200), 76 (59000). Genie Strength determines Max HP increase. Genie Dexterity determines the amount of HP restored during the effect.

correct me if i'm wrong... but tree used to cost 200 stamina per use, now it costs 700... also, they changed it's affinity point requirements... and they boosted it's level requirement to learn it from level 10 to level 31! not to mention the spirit point costs to level it have been increased dramatically from what i remember them being... WTF?! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sorry if this has already been QQ'd about, but take a look at this:

correct me if i'm wrong... but tree used to cost 200 stamina per use, now it costs 700... also, they changed it's affinity point requirements... and they boosted it's level requirement to learn it from level 10 to level 31! not to mention the spirit point costs to level it have been increased dramatically from what i remember them being... WTF?! b:angry

I guess we can't have anything affecting those charm sales now, can we?
  • amuki
    amuki Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My "TOP" still cost 200 stam..
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    WHAT?!

You're kidding, please tell me you're kidding ._.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For pvp holy path > tai chi
    for pve tai chi > holy path (If you are only looking for the speed buff)
    Quit.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oooooohhh yeeeeeaaaahh buddy!!

Thats what I am talking about!

woooot

Charm sales took a dive this week?

This is they only skill I have on my genie lol b:chuckle
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    700 base stamina.

My (maxed) tree costs around 1k stamina to use... for an effect that really isn't worth it anymore.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They haven't updated the text on the skill description. Level 10 Tree says it costs 200, but it actually uses 700.
  • Rafnatyr - Sanctuary
    Rafnatyr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why make holy path a self buff? it helped us clerics get to a fallen party memember quicker yes but after the res, it help both the cleric AND res'd member rejoin the party tons quicker. Making the skill work like a violet wind dew makes the skill hardly worthwhile. It was also a fun way of running my wife into the wall when we needed a good giggle.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    >.> Not sure if you read what I posted there, Fireblood. Tai Chi removes a buff after it wears off. Meaning you have to rebuff. Making it inferior to Holy Path, since Holy Path does not do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:angryb:angry GRRRRR Bring back the party speed buff! b:angryb:angry
    >.<
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great. All the good things that came with the patch - ignored, and now people are already singling in one bad aspect of it and complaining.

It's not even that bad. Just a minor setback. It's an inconvenience now that everyone can't make their squad run as fast as they could before, but it's nothing game breaking.
    Belligero
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sad sad...now we can't help those slow runners anymoreb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:shocked....one skill that I really love about genie and been helping me aoe grind/stay alive in tight situation w/o a charm now cost too much to use. I don't mind the reduced hp recovered but why made it so expensive to use?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They fixed the cultivation bug. Whilst a good thing, that's more of a "Well, you shouldn't have pooped on the carpet in the first place, should you?" thing.

What else good goes into this patch? I'm looking at the genie skills and seeing "Ok, dex and str are important, but every single skill is a waste of time now"

Oh - yes, genies level up without stealing your xp. That's nice, I guess. Except, um, every skill it has I won't use?

My guess is, devs saw that genies were only ever used for a very few skills. (Tree, holy path, lightning chaser, the channel improver, earthflame) and fixed it. Variety is good, goes the reasoning.

But they all seem to make too little difference now.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Great. All the good things that came with the patch - ignored, and now people are already singling in one bad aspect of it and complaining.

It's not even that bad. Just a minor setback. It's an inconvenience now that everyone can't make their squad run as fast as they could before, but it's nothing game breaking.

Not all of us jumped immediately on the bad, you know.

However, the fact remains that there WERE many unwanted changes and the most vocal people will probably be the ones raising complaints towards them.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...I do not know what to say...Firstly, THANK you for fixing the Untamed problem that was VERY needed. Way to go and putting the pressure on GM's!

Secondly, wow...just wow...You made the Genies finally not be such an EXP/Spirit sink...I...I never even really wanted to bother with the little blighters...but...Now...I guess I will pick one up and see what comes of it after all. I mean now it is more a matter of..."Why not?".

Thank you for the update guys and keep up the positive stuff!

Oh btw...I had been wondering if the REASON for all these changes to Frost Covered and the like is ACTUALLY because the content update coming in the Winter will be adding in end game things that are better to the point of making that stuff be obsolete anyway. Essentially, you are phasing that dungeon out as it was because it is going to be replaced by something better that would have made people just ignore it as it was in the past anyway? Well I know you cannot say anything more than you have been told so far but I have to wonder if that is really what is going on.

PS: Can we get pets to get quest EXP too? Ppppllleeeeeaaaassseee? (Especially flying/water ones?)
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Who said anything about ignoring the good things? This was originally posted in the suggestion box, I don't know why it got moved here. It was a suggestion about an issue with a current skill that should not be left alone if they're going to **** with a perfectly good skill. I had no other issues with this patch. But if I was going to go on and on about what I liked with the patch, I could make a separate post for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wtf, tree used to heal 25% of max hp regardless of dex/str/lvl but now it relies on dex?
    =.=
    I thought it was just another genie bug when it said "restores 4% of max hp"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wtf, tree used to heal 25% of max hp regardless of dex/str/lvl but now it relies on dex?
    =.=
    I thought it was just another genie bug when it said "restores 4% of max hp"
    Im so glad i had this on Zeal =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    buy all the p.stones you can quick b:laugh
    Quit.
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok the 700 stam i can deal with, id rather spend 900 on a chi stone to give 720 stamina. Thats basically a 900coin potion for 50% of my health(9k total hp) doubt I can pick up a 4500hp potion for 900 when 2500hp yiazo(spelling) sells for 1k. Only problem I see is I just read someone say that it now heals a lower %. I loved my basically 250coin uber hp heals, but if it isnt an uber hp heal I'm pissed. I wouldnt care if the stamina was 2k for a 720 chi stone, still would be cheaper than any potion for a high lvl, only lvl 70 n ive pumped 9k hp into my barb with only half my TT70 armor. I really dont want to end up with the tons of chi in my half full stamina genie. 620k in stones I have in it currently. 3,019,500 hp rounding down to 9k hp restored if I used all of my stamina at the 700 stamina per use. I cant buy a 3 million hp charm for 620k, I cant buy a 600k hp charm for 620k and its equal to 5 of em. It still will be godly for grinding or small bosses. I just may need to pump a dif stat than the uber mag I have in it currently for skill spammage.
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ohey! I noticed that "Second Wind" is called "Last Stand" on the skill page now, and, interestingly takes up ToP's spot and affinities. Making a pure str genie now, kept the affinities where they were, and I think I might actually get more mileage out of this.

Tho it does nerf the Armageddon boost of ToP. Guess now I'll need a dedicated genie for that instead of Thunderstorm, which is now on my old ToP pure dex genie. b:pleased
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I AM ****ING SICK OF GM'S NERFING MY GENIES WITHOUT WARNING US FIRST FFS

FIRST I HAD TO DECOMPOSE A LVL 37 VIT GENIE AND NOW I HAVE A LVL 50 ZEAL GENIE DESIGNED AROUND TREE OF ****ING PROTECTION

THIS IS **** STUPID FFS AT LEAST WARN US OR GIVE US SOME WAY OF CHANGING THE GENIE AFFINITIES NOW I HAVE AFFINITIES JUST NOT NEEDED ANYMORE PROBABLY.............

**** CASH GRABBING **** OH U WANT MORE CHARM SALES? OR ARE U **** UP PPL'S GENIE'S SO THEY HAVE TO BUY AFFINITY RESTAT STUFF?

POOR SHOW GM'S U **** SUCK !!b:angry
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wen is winter becuase i live in australia and its summer here rite now
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Uh, you did read the patch notes, right?
    The bit about where there's a quest at watcher of earth that'll give you the genie reset stuff you need?