• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Awesome cant wait for the pvp guide.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Need to fix the stats, Genie starting stats follow the pattern: 15,5,5,3 not 15,5,5,5.

Also... should mention where Genie EXP cubes come from (decomposition of genies).
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    Zuyue - Sanctuary Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    One question, Where are these colours displayed? More specifically is there something on the genie or it's hover window that shows this?

The Lucky Points color changed in your genie window tho those colors.
  • Shoder - Dreamweaver
    Shoder - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I read all but haven't found, or I have missed, which genie is best for archers and how should i allocate her attribute points.

All advice welcome.
  • Ijelle - Sanctuary
    Ijelle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I read all but haven't found, or I have missed, which genie is best for archers and how should i allocate her attribute points.

All advice welcome.

It really doesn't matter what Genie you get, I think I covered that. What matters is how you want to build her, what skills you want her to learn.

Personally, for my own Genies, I do the following;

1. Reach 40MAG points on the Genie, so she has 4 skill slots.
    2. Increase VIT, so her Energy rating increases.
    3. Increase DEX since I use durational skills.

As far as Elemental Affinity, that depends on what skills you want to teach her. Every skill has an Affinity requirement; some require ~1-5 of one element, or various levels of multiple elements.

Since you only get Affinity points every 5 levels, its a good idea to pay attention to the requirements of the skills you want to teach her, and prioritize.

----

To everyone else, thanks for the input! I've been really busy lately, so I'll compile all the info soon and edit the guide accordingly.

Thanks again! b:pleased
  • WilluserX - Heavens Tear
    WilluserX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank you for the hard work went into this guide =]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Asterelle, (or anyone else who has the genie skill Frenzy) how much damage does Frenzy add for you? I have it at lvl 6 (lvl 16 attk level) and it seems to have no effect on my damage whatsoever. I have been spending time comparing the damage to non-frenzied damage and there really seems no difference at all.

Is the skill broken?

I did a nice 17k crit with it but that was only because I was double sparked with lvl 10 lightning skill.

Any thoughts?

edit: thankyou for the great guide and discussion :)
  • Seveneyes - Harshlands
    Seveneyes - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Asterelle, (or anyone else who has the genie skill Frenzy) how much damage does Frenzy add for you? I have it at lvl 6 (lvl 16 attk level) and it seems to have no effect on my damage whatsoever. I have been spending time comparing the damage to non-frenzied damage and there really seems no difference at all.

Is the skill broken?

I did a nice 17k crit with it but that was only because I was double sparked with lvl 10 lightning skill.

Any thoughts?

edit: thankyou for the great guide and discussion :)

Attack level adds a percentage onto your damage. So for instance 1 attack level will add 1% damage or 10 attack levels will add 10% damage. I can't verify if the skill works, but that is how attack level works.
    Thuderstorm, Blood Clot(for pk, who wants to bleed to deathb:cry),Phoenix Dance b:puzzled

I can't believe this is the only post suggesting blood clot. It's a PvP life safer!!! In a tw I was in last weekend it made me able to kill a level 8x veno with a nix. I saw the nix coming, so I did wings of grace and blood clot basically leaving the nix only able to DD me (still hurts a lot)...

Anyway I can't understand the need for genies in PvE... Using a genie for grinding is a waste of stamina! With bosses we don't really need to do any more damage or we'll steal aggro off the tank. It might have it's uses for urgent situations but that only requires one skill... Tree of Protection.

Skillwise, I think Holy path is a waste of a good skill space. For PvE if you get ganged by mobs either fly (if your on the ground) or drop (if your flying). If your in a dungeon you should be able to control your aggro anyway... I have only seen one use of it and that was for the Drum boss in HH1-2 when the healer healing the tank died. A fellow archer used holypath so we all could get away. If you want to use it for that then use it on a 2nd genie.

Because I'm only really gonna use mine in PvP I'm thinking hard in which direction I want to go with it. The two choices I have is to head towards debuff or head towards damage.

I will only be using 3 skill slots, where so far I have Tree of Protection and Blood Clot (Sucks I have to take up a genie slot for a bugged skill). So one left b:shocked

The damage skill I've got my eye on in Thunderstorm. The damage is moderately good, but what is very good is the double damage at close range (perfect for when a barb/bm gets too close) plus the triple damage on the ground. Meaning a good tactic would be to lure the barb/bm to the ground.

The debuff skill that interests me the most is Extreme Poison. Although I am really tempted by elemental weakness, does anyone know more about this skill? For instance ecatomb doesn't provide a duration for it...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Is the skill broken?

It certainly 'feels' like it does more damage but with archer damage all over the place it can be hard to tell how much. It *should* do 20% more damage at level 10 and with attack level 16 it does 16% more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I tested out many types of genies and I think the type of genie does matter, Str genie is pretty useless for EA unless you use it often vs melee class. A multipurpose self-buff genie is possibly the best option ( start with a Vit/Mgc/Dex genie ).

My last genie i've made is no doubt the best i've had for PvP/PvE:
    Type:Zeal
    LP : 67/80
    Stats: 5 str,10 dex, 51 vit, 80 mgc
    Skills :extreme psn/holy path/blood clot/stunning blast/tree of protection.
  • Sjont - Heavens Tear
    Sjont - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How should I put my stats in, meaning what stats are most best for an archer's genie? I have the Vit genie, and I'm only confused about what stats to put in it.
  • CloudWarrior - Harshlands
    CloudWarrior - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hehe I enjoy blinding sand for pvp agenst barbs and bm's. I have gone agents two barbs and one bm at the same time. I was able to kill one befor thay got me. b:victory .......but what skill is good agenst a wiz b:sad
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    extreme poison(obvious y)

thunderstorm(need that 4th thunder skill to finish ur bm/barb off?)

blood clot(this needs u to be aware of nixs around the area and if their comin after u)

tree or protection(used at the rite time and u'll survive a gank)

holy path(just drop from sky get some distance/or if ur already on the ground used to get some distance from some classes)

relentless courage(its be said b4 sage spark+this = a better version of demon spark)

phoneix dance(idk i guess 5 thunder skills to kill a bm/barb? on a side note both thunder genie max mite need mor energy than ur geni mite hav so.. =/)

dragonfire(umm idk but the description of the skill says decreases -11 def lvl so ya that sounds pretty decent)

absolute domain(sounds like a useful pvp group skill from perdition,dragon+skills after, or a mage's aoe/tempest)
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    Tutmozis - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi.

I dose not see any explanation regarding Trade Ready ?
    I put my lvl7 genie, and need to wait few days to be ready...any point of this, like to put trade ready or not ( beside selling it )?

I just buy on Harsland for 30k:
    lvl 10, Strength 15, Dexterity 5, Vitality 3, Magic 5, Growth 50, Lucky 1/10
    And 0 Stamina :D

Alos have 10 points to share.

Skills:
    Venom Singer lvl1
    Tree of protection lvl 1

I think this was quite cheap...is this good to start to tuning it ? I am lvl 46 Archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakuya
    sakuya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    so I know the skills to get

What I need help with are the stats I should allocate, and whether or not it matters which type of genie I use
  • xmighty
    xmighty Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i have a lvl57 genie with 49-50 lucky points but the lucky points are white it changed form though[its a longevity] PS IM A LVL60 ARCHER
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    You forgot one waterboy

Blade of Supreme Heat - Reduces targets metal resistance by 20%, use that along with thundershock before using lightning strike and thunderstorm and you can do a ton of damage.
  • xmighty
    xmighty Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh yeah i forgot i would like 2 know why the lucky points r white .....there nothing abt white lucky points in the forum
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I think the color just changes when you get super lucky and have a lot of lucky points.

I wouldn't know my zeal has 16/50
  • Seveneyes - Harshlands
    Seveneyes - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi.

I dose not see any explanation regarding Trade Ready ?
    I put my lvl7 genie, and need to wait few days to be ready...any point of this, like to put trade ready or not ( beside selling it )?

I just buy on Harsland for 30k:
    lvl 10, Strength 15, Dexterity 5, Vitality 3, Magic 5, Growth 50, Lucky 1/10
    And 0 Stamina :D

Alos have 10 points to share.

Skills:
    Venom Singer lvl1
    Tree of protection lvl 1

I think this was quite cheap...is this good to start to tuning it ? I am lvl 46 Archer.

That was not a good buy. You want as many lucky points as possible.
    sakuya wrote: »
    so I know the skills to get

What I need help with are the stats I should allocate, and whether or not it matters which type of genie I use

The stat points doesn't matter based on which genie you use (the difference between them is quite small anyway.)

But what the stats do count for is with the skills you use. If your genies use is to be defensive/debuffer then you should invest in dexterity.
    Whereas if you want your genie to be offensive with damage skills, more often than not strength is the way to go.

Plus you should invest in vitality to up your energy so you can use the skills you want to.
    Magic is useful if you use genie skills regularly in a fight. (I know a player who uses ToP instead of a charm).

Make sure to check the skill descriptions before allocating stats as it may not get a good boost from the stats.

If you can't see any real improvement in skills from adding the stats, my advice is to save them
    xmighty wrote: »
    oh yeah i forgot i would like 2 know why the lucky points r white .....there nothing abt white lucky points in the forum

The colour is based on the total amount of lucky points you have acquired, not how lucky you have been. For instance a genie with 60/100 would be the same colour as one with 60/60.

I'm strongly favouring the use of thunderstorm, I just can't decide whether to use it on a different genie and use extreme poison on my main, or use it on my main. (decisions....)
  • Zhubin - Dreamweaver
    Zhubin - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hi all.
    i'me new to this game adn have a question.
    how should i spend my genie points? Dex ? str? vit? mag?
    already i've spent 3 points on dex.is that ok?
    and my genie is vit genie.15 vit.
  • kingrat2
    kingrat2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ranged blessing is 3water and 3 earth, not 3 wood btw b:victory
  • bipolarxpress
    bipolarxpress Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There needs to be a correction. Thanks to this guide I messed up my Affinity. Ranged Blessing is 3 Water, 3 Earth. NOT WOOD.
  • elkin13
    elkin13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think that for archer genies should be for attacking and you should boost streangth and that one that keeps the effects longer its just much easyer that way so you can dead alot of damage
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There needs to be a correction. Thanks to this guide I messed up my Affinity. Ranged Blessing is 3 Water, 3 Earth. NOT WOOD.
    while it is unfortunate that you have "messed up" your genie - you should have double checked the skill's affinity requirements before blindly adding attribute points to it. you can always summon a new one for just 3 mirage stones - or else buy one from another player at bloated prices.
    hi all.
    i'me new to this game adn have a question.
    how should i spend my genie points? Dex ? str? vit? mag?
    already i've spent 3 points on dex.is that ok?
    and my genie is vit genie.15 vit.
    I'll assume you havent read the first post in the thread (and I know its been about a month and a half since you posted this), but the points you put into your genie should only be allocated after having put a skill onto your genie. Building a genie begins (in my own opinion) as thus:

Step One - decide the skill you want to put on your genie. There is a skill inquiry box that describes all the skills and what they do, these skills will list an affinity requirement

Step Two - add affinity to meet requirements of the skills you want

Step Three - Learn your skills from watcher of the earth

Step Four - read the information in the hover text when you mouse over the skill. Look for information regarding what attribute points it will make best use of. (not all skills use attribute points the same way) some want dex, others want str.

Step Five - add attribute points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Amenelas - Sanctuary
    Amenelas - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well what's new with this genie update ?

What skill is still usefull for archer ? What skill become useless ? (like renteless courage maybe...)
    Need comment from other player ^^
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the skills i am currently using gained from this update

previous to this there was no point (at least for the skills bellow ) to actually boost the dex on a genie too much; now let's see

Wind Shield - Genie Dexterity points now also increase the damage reduction by 1% per 8 points
    Extreme Poison - Energy cost reduced by 10. Genie Dexterity points now increase the duration by 1 second per 10 points
    Thunderstorm - Reduced base energy cost to 75. Genie Dexterity determines damage output
    Blood Clot - Genie Strength and Dexterity points now reduce the energy cost by 1 per 5 points. The effect will now always have the same duration, based on skill level - well actually i think that i lost something here, not 100% sure but as remember 40 dex added 1 second to this one

And on top of this i will be able to get an additional skill with the LP my genie has
    meow?

b:bye
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Leaf Dance is now rather useful, or so it seems to me. Requires 1 metal, 1 wood, 1 water, and provides a crit rate buff to yourself. +2% crit for a full 60 seconds (at level 10 Leaf Dance) is fairly useful, and only costs 40 genie energy.

Thunderstorm appears to have been significantly weakened, despite the switch to +2% damage per Dex point. The base damage is half what it used to be, from what I hear.

I currently have Stunning Blast (aka Ranged Blessing), Holy Path, Leaf Dance, and Extreme Poison on my genie. So far I haven't really used Stunning Blast for much though.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    the skills i am currently using gained from this update

previous to this there was no point (at least for the skills bellow ) to actually boost the dex on a genie too much; now let's see

Wind Shield - Genie Dexterity points now also increase the damage reduction by 1% per 8 points Already did that
    Extreme Poison - Energy cost reduced by 10. Genie Dexterity points now increase the duration by 1 second per 10 points Already did that, they removed 10 dex increasing damage by 1%
    Thunderstorm - Reduced base energy cost to 75. Genie Dexterity determines damage output
    Blood Clot - Genie Strength and Dexterity points now reduce the energy cost by 1 per 5 points. The effect will now always have the same duration, based on skill level - well actually i think that i lost something here, not 100% sure but as remember 40 dex added 1 second to this one It's always been this way.

And on top of this i will be able to get an additional skill with the LP my genie has

There ya go.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok guys.. after a long reading here lol...

I hav Tree of protection, Holy path & Extreme poison on my genie...
    Shld i keep to this skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.