Genie Guide for Archers

Options

Comments

• richstall
    richstall Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The skills listed have changed the requirements, could you up-date them pls?
  • Squeakz - Heavens Tear
    Squeakz - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im currently looking to build a new genie for PURE PVE.. any hinters with the new patch?

im thinking something along the lines of...

Extreme poison
    leaf dance
    wind shield?
    2nd wind?
    ToP? (seems since ToP has been **** for lower HP classes 2nd wind adds more hp over ToP?)

as for stats idk what to go.... Vit to spam everything or maybe str...

thx all :D
  • radikhan
    radikhan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    where is tree of protection i cannot find it?
  • littlefoot240
    littlefoot240 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have a pure Dex Archer and at lower lvl and even at my current lvl of 24ish (which I guess is still lower to most) I use Earthquake. Gives you some room before lvl 19 and you get knockback arrow. I use Earthquake after using knockback if the mob gets to close a second time. This helps on mobs with special attributes (i.e. Increased Life), you know, the ones others are scared of. Earthquake has no increase in knockback effect so get it and leave it at lvl 1. Only increase is in Earth damage but we Archers.
  • Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I use bramble for high aoe like dmg b:surrender
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I use bramble for high aoe like dmg b:surrender

really? lol so u lurk around here too lilxfire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • ShootToKillU - Lost City
    ShootToKillU - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Update your guide. Your descriptions and req's. for all the skills are fail now and out of date.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think the author of the guide plays anymore.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think the author of the guide plays anymore.

agreed.
    this post came out before me started playing and me outlevel her.
    so me am sure she not even doing daily quests and stuff.
    b:shocked
    =(
    guess we need a new person to update.
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seysmo
    seysmo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    guys i'm lvl 40 archer. my genie is lvl 30 with 16/30 lucky points, should i keep it or try to buy another one?
  • StudHeal - Harshlands
    StudHeal - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    STICK PL0Xb:victory

This is really useful b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    Server:HarshLands
  • ametokaze
    ametokaze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tree of protection is req level 31 wood 3 aff water 4 aff. HP + 12 for 5 sec. Restores + 2% HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds. Is that the skill you were talking about or was it a different one?
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it cost me 1.5mil to fill my genie up with stamina -.- so i just go without it these days
  • senanu
    senanu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks for this info, I've been trying to figure out how my Genie works for 2 days now.

b:kiss
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    it cost me 1.5mil to fill my genie up with stamina -.- so i just go without it these days

So you spent 1.5m to fill it up and then ditched it? That sure does make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    Tutmozis - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello.

I am wondering about why I don't see that Archers use next Genie skill:

Relentless Courage:
    Increases your attack speed by 5%, your movement speed by 5%, and your channeling speed by 5%.
    Lasts for 3.5 seconds.
    Wood 2
    Fire 1
    Earth 2

At default I have Attack Rate 0.65
    With level 10 Genie skill its up to 0.69.
    I put my current Genie 68/90 to have 40 Str, and I have this:
    Attack Rate 0.77 when I use this skill and last 8 seconds.

Of course, this not fast as Demon Spark, but since archer need to kill fast, this sound good, what you think ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have the following setup on my lvl80 Zeal Genie (34/80 LP).

lvl10 Frenzy (User against TT bosses)
    lvl10 Extreme Poison (Used against TT bosses)
    lvl10 Holypath (Used when tank dies and boss comes after me/to catch up to the rest of the squad) [Replaced Relentless Courage with this]

STATS:
    STR = 5
    VIT = 50
    DEX = 50
    MAG = 24

I know my lucky points are sad but I guess I will simply try for another genie to use in a different situation.

As for Relentless Courage, the aspd boost seems nice and would work perfectly provided the genie if fully str based (every 4 str points = 1% increase to atk rate) with atleast enough points in VIT to get 140 energy.

So unless i have atleast 40 vit, and rest in dex, the advantage that relentless courage provides is not much.

Basically if I use this skill, I cant use any other genie skills till I get back the energy spent.

A good alternative would be Wind Shield which uses less energy and gives almost the same attack rate increase effect along with damage reduction and boost to your movement speed.
  • Zataka - Lost City
    Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    uhh what do lucky points do and how do u increase the amount lucky points u got
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    Tutmozis - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    uhh what do lucky points do and how do u increase the amount lucky points u got

Hi.

I am not 100% sure, but every 10 lucky points give you 1 additional attribute point.
    And if you have for example more then 70 lucky point, your Genie can have 6 skill.

Every 10 level, your Genie get 1-10 lucky point, they say by random, but I am not sure about that :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyone who pvps should have stunning blow
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anyone who pvps should have stunning blow

Why lol, its range sucks?
    6m is ****
    Piercing flames would be better but lasts only for 3s.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Noctix - Lost City
    Noctix - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    denesis wrote: »
    Why lol, its range sucks?
    6m is ****
    Piercing flames would be better but lasts only for 3s.

think about it. it's range sucks, but you can counter that quite easily. stunning blow is one of the skills that makes melees quite fun to fight.
  • zonden
    zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    stunning blow + holy path.
    req 45 vit. huge advantage against sins. (who have less phys than mag def)
    so the range sux, true, but a melee not moving for 7 seconds can only be a good thing.

for pvp, i suggest getting a genie with over 70 luck. (for 6 skills) 80 dex, 45 vit, rest mag. (170 stat points)

here are some skill suggestions that go nicely with dex:

ToP lvl 7-8. with 80 dex, ToP7 hp+ 25% regenerate 24% x3
    made simple, regenerate 30% of max hp 3x. 90% hp back. you save 15 energy.

ToP8, hp+27% regenerate 26% x3 basically this heals 100% of your hp. if it doesnt, and taking into account you are an archer, the difference is not worth ontemplating. (150 hp maybe?)

lightning chaser. this is interesting.with 80 dex, and supposing lightning chaser has some chance to work without dex (3% chance on the lowest possible dex sounds ridiculous) lightning chaser with 80 dex would interrupt just about always. it has 25 range. ( face it, most of the time you wont have your utopian 30m)

for a certain interrupt you could use either acidic ripple of poison (100% interrupt, 10% hp reduce) or bramble rage. these 2 have little range (15m both) ill get back to bramble later.

if you like fighting assasins, a skill such as expell may be appealing (11 seconds of physical imunity. you get silenced) getting silenced seems like a small price to pay for wasting a double spark.

absolute domain is THE skill for use against wizzies. 4 seconds of no dmg speak for themselves here. learn to time it.

piercing flames looks interesting for a dex base, but ecatomb is somewhat conflicted on how the immobilize is applied. (based on accuracy or on the displayed percentage?) in case of accuracy, leave at lvl 1. (55energy) the dmg reduce would definitely be worth it for the chance to immobilize 3 times in a row, (the skill has a 1 second cooldown, says ecatomb)
    sadly, this skill can not be aquired easily if you plan to get some of the others (it is the only fire afinity of the lot)

for bramble rage, it would seem that the dmg is excelent (you get 20 elemental dmg per dex point (1600 for 80 dex).

if, like the description suggests, the dmg is (2(4263) +1600)(3(ground bonus)) the result is 30k dmg, so, after nerfing for pk, 7,5k dmg. sounds sexy. (wich i why i think the equation might be (4263+1600)(3) around 4,25k dmg in pk).

this is where i doubt. the dmg would be greatly reduced against arcanes, and were the dmg does work (bms/barbs/sins) the channeling interrupt would become entirely useless.(i have not tested bramble rage, however, so i could be wrong.)
  • PureSpirit - Raging Tide
    PureSpirit - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Amazing guide b:pleasedbut i still don't now or genie lvl skill are for something oblique or i can always buy everyone skill when i enough affinity have?

And regarding to genie's stats 40 Mag is enough,how much vitality?
    And what with proportion strenght to dexterity that means damage;in either is: "affect the damage and effects of some of the Genies skills" so indifferently str or dex?b:question
    All skills are subordinate from str and dex or one for str and another from dex?

And last question - i become genie whit starts 15 str and think that isn't good solution for archer. Can i reset genie's skills or replace him to another genies without wastage? By exchange i become cube or something (right?) and what next?
    My genie is low lvl - 9 but that is always something and time expensive;better ask than do something stupid e.g losing genie.
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heya ijelle rmmber me we used to quest XD man been about a year since ive played or so
    i like pie
  • Sekzkilla - Raging Tide
    Sekzkilla - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Okay I've got a few problems with my genie. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.

1) Being an archer where should I allocate points for my genie?
    2) I looked for the Tree of Protection Skill but I cannot find it. Is it called something else?
    3) My genie is at lev15 but I can only have 4 skills. How can I increase this?
    4) Is there a cheaper way of infusing my genie with chi. Those stones are ridiculous
    5) Is there a cheaper way to get gear for my genie? 1,000,000 coins each?!?

Thanks.
    Neutrality is a myth!
  • Snipedd - Lost City
    Snipedd - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Okay I've got a few problems with my genie. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.

2) I looked for the Tree of Protection Skill but I cannot find it. Is it called something else?
    4) Is there a cheaper way of infusing my genie with chi. Those stones are ridiculous

Thanks.

1. i allcoated my genies stats anywhere really mostly magic and vit for to spam skills
    2. its there but it got messed up pretty bad i belive theres a better skill for healing i dont remmber the name
    3. you increse it at the genie dude and you need speical gear i belive
    4. nope your stuck using stones for food i may be wrong tho
    5. nope sadly genies are expensive you might as well jsut get a higher lvl genie instead of gear
    doh i jsut relised my char avatar btw this is SnipedX XD
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Thanks.

1) Depends completely on what you use your genie for and what skills it has. Enough vit to use whatever skill it has that uses the most energy is obvious but beyond that it's really personal preference.

2) That skill was altered long ago. Your genie won't be able to learn it until level 31.

3) This is determined by your genie's Lucky Points (another change done a while ago). Until your genie has at least 41 LP, it will only be able to have 4 skills at a time. Higher LP will allow for learning more skills.

4) The only way to increase genie stamina is with chi stones. The amount of expense that goes int them, however, depends purely on how you go about gaining the stones.

5) Not unless you're able to do runs for the materials needed to make genie gears... however none of that will be available for you until far higher levels and depending on how good or bad the run goes, you may wind up spending more than 1 mil on it.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My genie is at lev20 now, but how should I allocate the attribute points? I did not see any discussion of this (if it is, I apologize).

Also, Tree of Protection is not available.
    Neutrality is a myth!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm an idiot! I didn't read the above replies. Sorry.

However, I noticed that some skills work greater with either more strength or dexterity. If I put the majority in MP would that not decrease the effectiveness of those skills. (For instance, at lev4 Earthquake it causes more damage if I have more dex.)

On another note, is there a genie skill that stops poison from killing you?
    Neutrality is a myth!
This discussion has been closed.