Operating System crashes

Comments

• Philisia - Sanctuary
    Philisia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Since last patch I have been crashing repeatedly. It seems to happen after I try and alt-tab back into the game. Im running fullscreen.
    Probably a waste of my time posting here. People who have the capability to fix this bug are in China and certainly dont read these forums.

I'v had this problem as well if i alt-tab when playing this game it will crash most of the time.O also when i mean crash i don't mean BSOD it simply pops me a error window when i try to go back to the game.
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My computer completely crashes now after the patch. Lv1-85, nothing of this sort has ever happened. But since patch 184, I can't do something as simple as warping from Timberland to Etherblade without my entire screen turning one color(often blueish, or even orange) and my computer completely refusing to responding. I have to force shut it down.
    Try lowering and turning OFF ALL of the graphic effects and settings, and turning down the distances.

What OS and version number/service pack are you using?

How much system RAM?

What kind of CPU?

Make and model number of your PC system?

1. Tried that. No go.

2. Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit version.

3. 3070 MB Ram(3 gig)

4. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz 1.83GHz

5. Gateway P-6831FX http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2008/GodzillaFX/1015088R/1015088Rnv.shtml?rdr=v1311

Hopefully, this is a resolvable issue...
  • Fruakomi - Heavens Tear
    Fruakomi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So when can my thread be bumped up to sticky so that no one else keeps posting new threads about this? Because there are a couple threads now...
  • logan800
    logan800 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok here we go
  • logan800
    logan800 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Since last patch I have been crashing repeatedly. It seems to happen after I try and alt-tab back into the game. Im running fullscreen.
    Probably a waste of my time posting here. People who have the capability to fix this bug are in China and certainly dont read these forums.
    Well I say let's all go down to china and tell them about these problems were having here. Because, sending logs i have a feeling thats not going to do anything.
    edited September 2009
    Anything new?
  • shadow865
    shadow865 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:angrygrrr i have same problem every time i launch PW it happens blue screen error im at main menu for like 3 seconds then crashes
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...Doesn't look like anyone will try to help, eh?
    edited September 2009
    I don't think they even care!
    edited October 2009
    Well so far I haven't had any problems I think it has to do with xp been playing for a couple of weeks
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    All of you have not yet posted the info I asked you for, so that we can compare and check things out before you have to send in a ticket to us and include your dxdiag and hijackthis logs.

You gotta let us help you by helping us help you. b:victory

Ok, I'll do just that. This problem has happened on both vista32 and vista64. Its a very modern system with high quality hardware that works perfectly with other software and worked perfectly before the infamous patch (182 I believe it was ) this happens to almost everyone I know. Yes my graphical settings are set to high, but as they worked fine before and the card is MORE then able to support it, why should I "enjoy" a minimal graphics experience?
    I've watch the memory usage a few times and see it grow from around 450k to well over 700k as the day goes on. Since this is an intermittent crash, you seem to need to be running for several hours with several switches back to the desktop, I'm unable to capture the exact memory usage at the time that it crashes. I strongly suspect a memory leak causing this. But I"m not a dev. The fact that its random as to when it "APPEARS" to occur, even though the exact same thing may be triggering it each time presumably, prevents the user from supplying better diagnostics then what your crash reporting system provides at the time of the crash, which I have submitted so many times without a response that I'm tired of doing so.
    All drivers are up-to-date, and as this is a FRESH installation of Vista Ultimate x64 AND as the same thing occurred on Vista Ultimate x32 I doubt seroiusly thats its a problem with faulty settings/software on my system. Except for within PWI code, SOMEWHERE.
    We have all stated numerous times, this did not happen before that round of patches! ( Wonders if this was same time first tidalborn code was released)
    quite frankly, I for one , would rather not have ANY new "enhancement' patches until this VERY annoying bug is resolved as it only increases the difficulty of locating the problem piece of code.
    Please understand I'm not ragging on PWI, I"m ragging on the fact that this has been reported by so many users and has yet to have any real INDICATION that its not only been acknowledged as something you realise is wrong with the code, but that you are working to resolve it also.

Anyway, having said All that I'll submit again, the requested information there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azastapo
    azastapo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    nqcqrr.jpg

-.- randomly cut me out of game with this error and now i cnt get bk in o.o but i see on the mini map people moving so it cnt just be the location, i have no idea what it means ;D explain pls? ty b:victory b:kiss
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • yaddith
    yaddith Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PC crashing (BSOD) when trying to create a character...i am able to login but when i click the create button it crashes.

System info:
    MBO: EPOX 8rdaei (nforce2, latest drivers)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 2400+
    RAM: 1,5GB
    GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP (using Catalyst 9.9 with Hotfix)
    OS: WinXP SP2 (tried with SP 3 on same PC, crashes aswell)

Other games working normally (2moons, ******** iii tft, the witcher, ...)

286y4uc.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    yes, forgot to mention that i tried in window mode...it crashed aswell...downloading directx update...will report after
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    installed dx update.....tried to run again in windowed mode and in full screen (all settings off/minimum, resolution for fullscreen 1024x768).....crashed both times.....
    btw, if it helps after i click the create button i see the character creation screen for like 0.5-1 seconds then the BSOD occurs.....the bsod only contains 4 register adresses...no dll's are mentioned....(usually the ati driver dll is mentioned if the error is caused by it)
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    if you get the crash again, write down those addresses, and then type them in and post them here.

You may need a Pc Technician to help you run hardware diagnostics on it.
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    the PC works fine (i work as a network and system administrator for a corporation with a large network, and i have 6years of work experience with hardware and software mainentance)....the system is clean reinstalled windows less than 10 hours ago....minimum software installed on it...
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Ok...

Then you may know far more then I. b:surrender

Did you look up those addresses to see what they mean?
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    that would require analysis of the crash dump....especially since there is no dll or other dependancy named....from what i can tell so far an illegal operation is tried to be performed on the mentioned memory locations....i think the best solution would be to inform the developer team responsible for support...i will provide a image of the bsod tomorrow (took it with the cellphone and datacable is not here atm)...
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Since you are the only one having your own unique hardware or driver issue, you will have to work on getting that fixed.

It could be your RAM is faulty, other parts of your system are malfunctioning or overheating.
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    assumed the same....system and cpu temperatures are at 20 and 30 celsius respectively.....tested ram....no faults found.....
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    Okes, retried everything:
    Disassembled the PC, cleaned, verified all is properly connected again.
    Reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro SP3 (licensed copy, latest hotfixes and updates applied).
    Installed NVIDIA nForce2 chipset drivers 2.45 WHQL certified
    Installed ATI Catalyst driver suite 9.9 with AGP hotfix
    Installed and updated PWI...
    Tried to create a character with multiple gfx settings and resolutions (including windowed mode)
    Every single time the PC crashed when I clicked the create button...the BSOD is always the same.

Any comments?
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Show us the BSOD with a digital camera screenshot, or if you are patient, write it down and then post it here.
  • MiniFreak - Heavens Tear
    MiniFreak - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm pointing my finger at the new patch as well. Never dc'd as bad as I have since Tuesday. 8/10 times, when I minimize the game for ANYTHING, I dc. REALLY pissing me off! But now I know why after reading this. Hopefully the patch tonight will fix it. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt: MiniFreak (bm) - Retired till further notice or till PWI gets their heads outta their arses when it comes to coinage.
    Main: MiniDusk (veno) - Married to the man I love. b:heart b:kiss
  • yaddith
    edited October 2009
    After detailed investigation I discovered that the crash is due to problems with the Catalyst drivers/GPU...I've sent support tickets to ATI and Sapphire...waiting for resolution...
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    frujstrating that I don't get email answers nor forum answers :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    @Bearleeable

You have not posted your system information here for us to try and help you.

The email tied to your account has not sent us a ticket.

Which email did you send in your ticket with?
    edited November 2009
    Damit I posted my information since the beginning of all this don't try and point it at all the hardware when it's not. It's simple it worked before patch after patch boom caput no work anymore. I managed to get it working because I got a new pc because yes I'm going to blame it on PWI my laptops processor burnt out. Why because I was playing PWI at the moment it happened. So please GM's stop harrising these people and elude them from the truth PWI is bugged and has to be delt with. My pc hasn't died on me becuase it has 4g of ddr3 ram and a quad 2 core procceors so I can manage the outstanding load that it brings and BTW it use 2 1/2 processors just to run it normaly with out tanking. So The developers have no idea what the hell there doing and cause memory leaks. I guess they forgot to go to the class where they showed them how to liberate dynamically allocated memory! Basics101 learn it LIVE IT!
This discussion has been closed.