Operating System crashes

Options
fruakomi
fruakomi Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
Ever since the latest patch has come out I have had a system crash with out failure. Every time a played I would have an OS crash not only was it that bad but when I would restart at the same time in the boot screen it would also crash having to restart yet again. Ok so I know your going to say no it's now PWI it's your hardware. Ok so let's prove that your wrong well. First of all I hav been playing already for over 3 months and I have a lvl50 barb so yeah no crashes before new patch. Second I went yo MS updates and got them all. Tried the game again and it crashed faster than before!!! Then I said what the heck lets try it in Ubuntu and the one I have is 8.04 and it was fine before I installed it. In the process of intalling one of the patches I got another crash. Then when I was finally over with all the patches and got the game running it crashed yet again. So I tried it in two operating systems and the same problem. Not to mention that fact that it is kinda hard to crash Ubuntu... I have never had any crash before what so ever in my life on the laptop. I'm going to point my finger at the new patch ---> patch!!! Fixed it please because I want to continue playing!!! Note I'm not the only person who has these problems!!! There are other's to because I had asked in my fact. I have a Gateway MX3410 with 2gigs of ram I will STATE that it has nothing to do with my laptop but the new patch!!!b:angry

dx1-1.jpg

dx2-1.jpg
Post edited by fruakomi on

Comments

• Simmba - Dreamweaver
    Simmba - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think i might have a similar problem...
    After installing and patching (wich took me ages to complete) I started the game, and i got thrown out for like 4 times in a row...
    First I thought the problem was with this nvidia drivers i installed before...
    So reinstalled them to...
    Tried lowering the settings, but with a 9600 GT (512 mb) card it should be no problem to run this game..

So im kinda clueless here...b:shocked
  • fruakomi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So everyone is getting thrown out of the game because of server lagg. Now Here's what I think it has nothing to do with us at all but the servers. Since there are so many players in this game and they all wan't to play almost all at the same time the server get's slow and in my opinion they are overpopulated. Also I'm starting to get convinced that everytime a patch comes out the only thing you see is more Boutique Shop items and weekend sells when have you seen a patch that does not include an item for the shop, I have nothing against the developers of this game but come on try to think more of the user and less of trying to find a way of getting more money out of me. I know you guys have to make money probably make a living out of this but hey take it a bit slower. and instead of making new patch every 2-3 weeks really think of the content that is going to be put.

Now I'm not having problems with getting D/C my problem is that I get Operating System Crashes!!!
  • Simmba - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I got kicked out of the game alot...

I got the infamous blue bootscreen 2 times today, its really freaking me out...
    Its scaring the sjit out of me... any suggestions?b:sad
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Never crashed before the new patch , after new patch I crash regularly , blue screen all sorts of things.

Laptop and Desktop PC don't matter.

Yes I have up to date Drivers for my videocard ...

system.jpg

system2.jpg

P.S. Actually after installing new drivers I crash less , however I still see some graphical bugs sometimes...
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Simmba - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Thats the error i get...

So it definitely has to do something with some drivers, ik think the drivers of my graphics card is the main suspect...
  • fruakomi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah I got blue crashed screen already 3 times and that's not half of the problems, it seems that you have an ATI card and I have a Nvidia card and I think it's not card specific. I think it has to do something with the screen resolution and graphics. They probably tried to fix something and yet they made it worse... I hop ethat it can be fixed right now I'm going to have to do clean install on this laptop because it Fed up all my Operating Systems even Ubuntu, during installation process and game play it crashed.
  • Simmba - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got Nvidia GForce 9600GT
  • fruakomi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah but Themax has an ATI Radeon so that's why I said it's not card specific
  • fruakomi
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Do you also have an issue with graphics while in the game ? Like for example you look into inventory and you see white squares instead of an item? ( Not always sometimes )
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Everything before the patch was just fine ! b:cry
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Same issue here. Blue screening 3-4 times a day, and re-crashing on startup, ever since this new patch.

Vista Home Premium + ATI Radeon HD 4350

Whenever it restarts, the check for solutions box says my display driver has crashed. It's fully updated and everything, and only happens if I play the game.
  • fruakomi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Um the white box thing I've only seen that in Ubuntu happen. And yes I got the blue screens and crash on restart as well. The thing is I can't play at all and I'm missing my 2X EXP this weekend and what of had my barb to lvl 55 By now. Since the new patch I have not been able to play and even announced to my fact that I would be quiting the game till further notice! And it seems to me that there are no plans on fixing this at the moment.
  • Simmba - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    got a new error

irql_not_less_or_equal (searched a lil, again with drivers and such, only this one has to do something with sound drivers?...)

b:angry im getting pretty annoyed rite now
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ATI Catalyst SUCKS ! Can't install any drivers past 6.4 version that's year 2005! Have to use omega drivers but that doesn't solve the problem! ( Cry for help )
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Fruakomi - Heavens Tear
    Fruakomi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Has this been resolved, I want to report that this bugg is so bad that my laptop died on my. No joke, since it had so many crashed it just doesn't work anymore I power it on and get a blank screen now not even the Gateway logo appears and not to mention even a boot screen! I went out and bought a new Desktop because I needed it for college I got a Gateway SX2800-01 and not installing PWI till atleast I can be sure that the bugg is fixed!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm nothing then?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know what helps me , when I'm in arch I switch my options to minimum. That seems to prevent crashing and other graphical buggs.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Try lowering and turning OFF ALL of the graphic effects and settings, and turning down the distances.

What OS and version number/service pack are you using?

How much system RAM?

What kind of CPU?

Make and model number of your PC system?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • y0urm0m
    y0urm0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Try lowering and turning OFF ALL of the graphic effects and settings, and turning down the distances.

What OS and version number/service pack are you using?

How much system RAM?

What kind of CPU?

Make and model number of your PC system?

Windows XP Pro SP3 (crashed with SP2 as well)
    4gb patriot dual channel kit ram
    amd x2 3.2gHz dual core processor
    nvidia 512mb 8800 GT graphix card

I built this thing myself and I NEVER had any problems until now and for whatever reason I can't be in the game for longer then 5-10 minutes. Maybe some of your rendering stuff doesn't like graphics cards anymore?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey Mr. Gm (darthpanda16) if you go to the first page where I started the thread you will see my system specs, but it's too late now because that laptop DIED, NO LONER WORKS. After having so many crashes it gave up on me!!! Now I have a new PC which is a Gateway SX2800-01 and not installing PWI on it till this problem is resolved!!!

The specs for this new PC are:

d1.jpg

d2.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You got a new PC with Intel integrated graphics??? b:sad

You should be able to run it.

Make sure that you have installed the correct version of the game, downloaded from here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since last patch I have been crashing repeatedly. It seems to happen after I try and alt-tab back into the game. Im running fullscreen.
    Probably a waste of my time posting here. People who have the capability to fix this bug are in China and certainly dont read these forums.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey Mr. Gm your not getting my point there is a bug in the game causing Operating System crashes the solution to my problem wasn't getting a new system. It was suppose to eliminate the OS crashes and enable me to keep playing on my old machine. Now how am I suppose to trust you and install the other version that is for Windows Vista and I get OS crashes resulting in my new PC to die as well!!! So that when I return it back to where I bought they say to bad, you installed a new game and it broke the PC. I need some security here that this bug was fixed. I can't just keep installing the game here and test it out on every computer I own. As a user that is not my job, that's the developers job to test it.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A software bug does not kill computer hardware. Hardware fails, it's not PWE's or Microsoft's fault your equipment died. Gateway however is notorious for using cheap hardware so they probably would be at fault. The crashes were because your hardware was failing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey FYI I never had a single crash on it EVER! So now that we got that out of the way and you know it, that laptop I had it for a long time and it never had a problem I even made a custom Xp for it using Nlite. Also gateway does not use cheap gear for it, that's emachine which is also owned by gateway and now owned by Acer. So don't come and tell me that it's hardware problems when I get an instant crash 10-20 mins of game play while there are other who have crashes as well. Also BSOD can cause permanent damage. Have you ever herd of RSOD!!! That's a perfect example...
  • y0urm0m
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey Mr. Gm your not getting my point there is a bug in the game causing Operating System crashes the solution to my problem wasn't getting a new system. It was suppose to eliminate the OS crashes and enable me to keep playing on my old machine. Now how am I suppose to trust you and install the other version that is for Windows Vista and I get OS crashes resulting in my new PC to die as well!!! So that when I return it back to where I bought they say to bad, you installed a new game and it broke the PC. I need some security here that this bug was fixed. I can't just keep installing the game here and test it out on every computer I own. As a user that is not my job, that's the developers job to test it.

Mine was crashing with a blue screen too. After one of the crashes I went into my setup and checked my cpu temp....it was 80C....yeah it was BAD. I then cleaned my heat sink and cpu fan along with using the other 120mm fan in the back and I haven't had a crash since. Apparently this game kills cpu's so make sure you have a system that has VERY good air flow.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank you now someones thinking here!!!! The overall performance of this game should get some tuning and fits my logic!!!
  • y0urm0m
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well just saying what solved my problem so hopefully other people see that CPU usage could be what happened to make their computers crash. Also, admins that read this I would seriously go back and check this problem out and make a few tweaks to how the CPU is handled for the game.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All of you have not yet posted the info I asked you for, so that we can compare and check things out before you have to send in a ticket to us and include your dxdiag and hijackthis logs.

You gotta let us help you by helping us help you. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.