Drop rate lowered?

Options
Raybeez - Lost City
Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ya some one said that with this new Lunar patch thing that also the drop rates of items have been lowered... is this true and if so is it for just the HH/TT mats
or did the dq drop rates for normal mobs get reduced too? I hope not cuz without dqs to sell i have not many other ways to make money?? Is this just some random stupid thing i heard or is there some truth behind itb:puzzled
Post edited by Raybeez - Lost City on

Comments

• __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    your suppose to be poor in the game so u use real money.thats how this game works.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    funny... but no really....
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ya some one said that with this new Lunar patch thing that also the drop rates of items have been lowered... is this true and if so is it for just the HH/TT mats
    or did the dq drop rates for normal mobs get reduced too? I hope not cuz without dqs to sell i have not many other ways to make money?? Is this just some random stupid thing i heard or is there some truth behind itb:puzzled

from my understanding, they only lowered the drop rate on the 'elite instances'... such as Twilight Temple, Lunar Glade, and Forgotten Frostland

i don't think DQ or FB drops have been changed, as DQ is still dropping like crazy for me b:chuckle
    your suppose to be poor in the game so u use real money.thats how this game works.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From my understanding, they only lowered the drop rate on the 'elite instances'... such as Twilight Temple, Lunar Glade, and Forgotten Frostland

I don't think DQ or FB drops have been changed, as DQ is still dropping like crazy for me b:chuckle

I'm curious, how do you know this?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

that's the only info that's been consistent across all the rumors... and the DQ/FB part is from personal experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    becaz she is magic
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dane12 wrote: »
    becaz she is magic
    10characters
    lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• missrumba1
    missrumba1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

In my opinion all drop rates have been lowered for this exact reason. And i do believe DQ drops rates have been lowered across the board, but more noticeably at higher level as people are more inclined to spend (charge money for) on a char they have put alot of time/ effort into.
  • Tharivol - Lost City
    Tharivol - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    funny was it a gm that said the drop rates lowered or was it some kid starting a rumor because they didnt get anything if it was a gm can someone direct me to the post please
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    funny was it a gm that said the drop rates lowered or was it some kid starting a rumor because they didnt get anything if it was a gm can someone direct me to the post please

I would also like to know. I haven't had any sort of drop reduction, and I have done 5 HH/TTs today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Funny was it a GM that said the drop rates lowered or was it some kid starting a rumor because they didn't get anything if it was a GM can someone direct me to the post please.

Although I wouldn't put it past PWE, I too, see no convincing evidence anywhere.
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can surely tell a lot of people are getting feed up with Perfect world's Greedy way's ,as i as well, it's only a matter of time before people really get sick of this game and just stop playing i know several people who are just plain sick of the game and it's greed. there's noting perfect about this game unless you compare it to real life then it's perfect match. for example people who spend up-seen mount's of money to play this game control perfect world's Economy like 1Gold is worth 440k now that's down right crazy Gold charm's i've seen for a mil and all it's just sad,i can't tell the people who spend there money on this game it's unfair but it's there money and there right and i pitty the people who spend the in game coin for the **** that's hardly worth the price. but it's not tall that big way better F2P game's are hitting the market this winter. It's only a matter of time...
    before the **** it's the fan and people walk away.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Where is this TT/Lunar nonsense coming from? Those two are fine, it's just Frost they buggered hard with this "gear oriented" ****.
  • Ragenar - Dreamweaver
    Ragenar - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can confirm this at least from my own experiences.
    During last double XP weekend I was grinding near Sanctuary on Seaweed Thieves and other mob around with a help of a cleric. All mob was at least 7 levels above me at that time. According to PWI monster database Seaweed Thieves have Seele Token dropping rate over 50% so I was assuming getting drops at least every second kill. Fat chance! I could get something only out of 10 kills on average, mostly potions. Same thing has continued the whole week with regular mob, I am getting much less DQ items than before.
    Can't say anything about TT, haven't done it recently.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    man i have thought the drops have been good i dont know what u ppl r crying about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    During last double XP weekend I was grinding near Sanctuary on Seaweed Thieves and other mob around with a help of a cleric. All mob was at least 7 levels above me at that time. According to PWI monster database Seaweed Thieves have Seele Token dropping rate over 50% so I was assuming getting drops at least every second kill. Fat chance! I could get something only out of 10 kills on average, mostly potions. Same thing has continued the whole week with regular mob, I am getting much less DQ items than before.

The larger the level difference between you and the mob the lower chance to get anything besides coins, so has it been since the start of PWI, and of any mmo I've ever played. Get within 4-5 lvls of the thieves and you'll get decent drops again. Case and point: On NS there are two places I can solo aoe grind 1) Minions, lvl 74 2) Assassins, lvl 80. At minions I get less exp, but more drops because they are my level, and assassins more less drops because they are 6 levels above me. Of course assassins also take me longer to kill due to difference in level as well.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Ragenar - Dreamweaver
    Ragenar - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The larger the level difference between you and the mob the lower chance to get anything besides coins, so has it been since the start of PWI, and of any mmo I've ever played. Get within 4-5 lvls of the thieves and you'll get decent drops again.

This is correct only if you are higher level than monster.
    Here is how drops are calculated: http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/drop
    As you see being below monster level will always give you 100% probability of getting items based on your level. Only then drop rate kicks in and screws everything.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I did do 2 subbed runs on TT2-1 yesterday. First one, got a claw and frenzy lion skin only. Second I got 2 Tooth, 1 Forshura armor, 4 claws and 4 frenzy lion skin. That's all :P
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As you see being below monster level will always give you 100% probability of getting items based on your level. Only then drop rate kicks in and screws everything.

Haven't GMs mentioned a few times that PWdatabase is not accurate? b:question
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

No, it is whether you are higher or lower. Database has been wrong about many different things before, and there are even some mob types with other associated probs from being too lower lvl. This has been true on my demon cleric I've leveled up, and on my BM as well. And that consisted of many mobs killed, since both are capable of killing 20+ in one go. This gives a much better sample to work with, to know for a fact that being 4-6 lvls lower than mobs will give lower drop rates. Heck, database only just recently updated their refine rates to the proper amounts, and the adds for some lvl 100 gloves to the correct amount.

Another thing that lowers drop rates, is element type. There is an element of cycles that Duke Black will inform you of in one of his rumors. At any given point, 1 element type will have boosted drop rates, even giving 2-3 DQ drops per kill. The opposing element will have reduced amount. That is why people will have good drops on ones that were bad before, or bad on previous good ones.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Another thing that lowers drop rates, is element type. There is an element of cycles that Duke Black will inform you of in one of his rumors. At any given point, 1 element type will have boosted drop rates, even giving 2-3 DQ drops per kill. The opposing element will have reduced amount. That is why people will have good drops on ones that were bad before, or bad on previous good ones.
    fortune teller Duke.

I think the element cycle is correct but that dude black tells you? I have heard that before but never been confirmed.
  • CrackKills - Lost City
    CrackKills - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

go back to school and learn to read. it does not have a 50% drop rate. try ~10% chance per mob.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/12267
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can surely tell a lot of people are getting feed up with Perfect world's Greedy way's ,as i as well, it's only a matter of time before people really get sick of this game and just stop playing i know several people who are just plain sick of the game and it's greed. there's noting perfect about this game unless you compare it to real life then it's perfect match. for example people who spend up-seen mount's of money to play this game control perfect world's Economy like 1Gold is worth 440k now that's down right crazy Gold charm's i've seen for a mil and all it's just sad,i can't tell the people who spend there money on this game it's unfair but it's there money and there right and i pitty the people who spend the in game coin for the **** that's hardly worth the price. but it's not tall that big way better F2P game's are hitting the market this winter. It's only a matter of time...
    before the **** it's the fan and people walk away.

If you haven't figured out that PW is going to do what they want, when they want then you really need to stop.

The players who are so upset about the last updates that they needed to leave, have already left.

The players who *aren't* running around in circles and foaming about the mouth over the updates are going to stay, and are here.

This leaves us with the group of people who continue to *claim* they're gonna leave, but instead of just *leaving*, they need to proclaim it to everyone everytime the lights blink.

Do it.

Decide you're gonna leave, or decide you're gonna stay. We've all heard the constant proclamations on the Death of PWI, how their actions are gonna sink the company, yadda yadda yadda.

Get it over with, or just stop complaining about it. We Get It - you're not happy.

Now either leave, or get out of the way. I'm frankly tired of hearing it. I try to avoid it, but the criers keep putting it in every single thread.

If you're here crying, you are still playing the game. SHUT UP ALREADY.

If you're here crying, and you've already *left* the game, then for the love of FSM, go holler in your *new* game's forum.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    fortune teller Duke.

I think the element cycle is correct but that dude black tells you? I have heard that before but never been confirmed.

He babbles something, doesn't say the drop rates on element X are good. Something like X element is strong today, or X element is more powerful today. It's been a long time since I actually talked to the duke, and usually I would grind what was good for xp, instead of drops. So not much use for my cleric to listen to. But I did get the info a few times. It's easier just to spend 5, 10 mins on one element type, and switch if not getting great drops.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    He babbles something, doesn't say the drop rates on element X are good. Something like X element is strong today, or X element is more powerful today. It's been a long time since I actually talked to the duke, and usually I would grind what was good for xp, instead of drops. So not much use for my cleric to listen to. But I did get the info a few times. It's easier just to spend 5, 10 mins on one element type, and switch if not getting great drops.
    One time he did say "X type is Weak against Y, so Y monsters will drop more" or something quite similar to that.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Using that PWI database link, if you actually bother to read it, that monster has this listed

Drop rate of several items
    0: 73.5809%

The monster has a 73.5% chance to drop NOTHING.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

You're using the drop rate on pwdatabase innacurately. If you look higher up, on the # of items dropped for Seaweed Thieves, you'll see;

Drop rate of severals items
    0: 73.5809%
    1: 19.8143%
    2: 5.2838%
    3: 1.3210%

That right there says 73%ish of the time NOTHING will drop. Then IF something drops, it has a 50%ish chance of being a Steele Token. If you look at the number next to drop rate you'll see "real drop rate" of 15%ish. That a pretty close number to what you described. There is no nerf.

Mob link; http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/12267
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, it is whether you are higher or lower. Database has been wrong about many different things before, and there are even some mob types with other associated probs from being too lower lvl. This has been true on my demon cleric I've leveled up, and on my BM as well. And that consisted of many mobs killed, since both are capable of killing 20+ in one go. This gives a much better sample to work with, to know for a fact that being 4-6 lvls lower than mobs will give lower drop rates. Heck, database only just recently updated their refine rates to the proper amounts, and the adds for some lvl 100 gloves to the correct amount.

If this were the case, you wouldn't have guaranteed drops off TT bosses with their 100% chance of 3 drops. You would see much less due to a reduction of being lower level. Are you sure you're reading the tables correctly?
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

OMG Thats a cool bit of info to have thanks, now Duke is gonna get rich off my 10 golds ^^ haha, as for Drops rates, OMG, Only problem I have is being a mage, By the time i can farm for anything Especially Mats Im lvled to a point where it dont wanna drop, sooo uncool.
    And as for PWI databases drop list, I use it but , I use it as a general refrence, you cant expect every single detail and percentage point to be 100% accurate,So i just let it tell me where to find stuff, and mostly ignore % of stuff.. Maybe your just unlucky , Like me ^^ XP sorry jk jk..
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If this were the case, you wouldn't have guaranteed drops off TT bosses with their 100% chance of 3 drops. You would see much less due to a reduction of being lower level. Are you sure you're reading the tables correctly?

Was that a misquote? And how did TT bosses enter into what was previously talks about DQ/money drops from normal mobs? Personally, I'd hope those would be seperate, and wouldn't even think they would have those subject to increased/decreased drop rates from element cycle. It's an instance, with bosses at level 150, common sense would say that the drop rates are not done the same as for normal mobs.