The new classes means new additions to the game?

Options
recruit51
recruit51 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I was just wondering. Since we are getting 2 new classes they going to allow squads of 8 now? And is the territory war map going to be expanded. Also its kinda odd how there are lvl 100's of each class and then all o a sudden a new class comes out and the highest lvl of the class will be only like 30. GM's is a new server due to come out at the same time of the realase of the new classes. If so plz make it a pvp server. b:victory
Post edited by recruit51 on

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    recruit51 wrote: »
    I was just wondering. Since we are getting 2 new classes they going to allow squads of 8 now? And is the territory war map going to be expanded. Also its kinda odd how there are lvl 100's of each class and then all o a sudden a new class comes out and the highest lvl of the class will be only like 30. GM's is a new server due to come out at the same time of the realase of the new classes. If so plz make it a pvp server. b:victory

why need new server for new class ? lvling is so easy in PW there is alot of hardcore players who will get lvl90 in 2-3 months or less ^^
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    why need new server for new class ? lvling is so easy in PW there is alot of hardcore players who will get lvl90 in 2-3 months or less ^^

indeed lol....as scary as it sounds......

b:surrenderim definetly going to try out these classes(pshychic ftw(or no xD))
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im kinda wondering what the roles of the new classes will be in squads. I mean, we have everything already, tank, healer, DD, lurer... what use will they have for us? Or will they get a completely different story line just for them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hope psychics can heal. I mean, barbs, venos, and BMs tank, sometimes archers (I'm dead serious o.0), everything can DD, and only clerics heal -.- Well, Wizards have a healing skill, but I still think we need another healer. I think PWI should someday release a race that can be Paladins and Dark Knights, we need some mag phys. And most MMOs are lacking a plain old elemental, straight-up offensive jack of all trades hybrid. Paladins always heal and buff or something, and DKs in WoW, from what I hear, are mostly DoTs and de-buffs.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i bet it will assasin be soemthing like big close range phys with high damage spell but will be squeachy cause cant wear ha making it unplayable on boss

and the other class will be half wizard/healer making it undesirable
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Knowing pw, assassins will simply replace BM's and Psychics will simply replace wizards b:chuckle
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Knowing pw, assassins will simply replace BM's and Psychics will simply replace wizards b:chuckle

Considering that the main role of a wizard is DD and that they get some rather sick numbers, I hope not.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i jsut hope if they get debuff it wil be completely diferent and not overwrite current one

half debuff from genie cant be used cause it doesnt stack with current debuff

like genie skill impact doesnt stack with ironwood

genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i jsut hope if they get debuff it wil be completely diferent and not overwrite current one

half debuff from genie cant be used cause it doesnt stack with current debuff

like genie skill impact doesnt stack with ironwood

The thing is, every class has to have something for a party and for themselves. If you make a class that has minimal damage and a huge load of debuffs, you're going to force them to play in squads.

And besides, stacking debuffs would lead to a rather sizable imbalance, both in PvE and PvP, the latter being with mostly TWs in mind.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im sure the new classes will bring lots and lots of stuff to the cash shop.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im sure the new classes will bring lots and lots of stuff to the cash shop.

like wat? o.o
    all their adding is 2 classes, and map, last i checked u don't pay for free things =P

mabye flying mounts for them, but i dont see anything else to buy for them
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They will find a way.

They ALWAYS find a way.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm......PsychicChicken.......PsychoPsychic. Which name should I go for?
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm......PsychicChicken.......PsychoPsychic. Which name should I go for?

Psychotic_Fryed_Chicken?
    Psychic_Chicken_Pox?
    The_Psycho_Fowl?
    Mad_Bird_Flu?

b:laugh
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Probably New Flying Stuff
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That goes without saying, each race needs it's own type of aerogear. The question is what will the Tideborn use? I'm betting on surfboards.
  • tamuz12
    tamuz12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    since the new race is obv a water race they may add water mounts b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked no1 though of that did they b:beatenup
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tamuz12 wrote: »
    since the new race is obv a water race they may add water mounts b:shockedb:shocked no1 though of that did they b:beatenup

It's been mentioned a few times b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Frighter - Sanctuary
    Frighter - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i can't wait till it comes outb:laugh
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    When are these new classes coming out?
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    New mounts for the water, hmmm. Maybe my Boiled Zombie Lobster mount can finallly go back to the water where it came from.
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wat do u guys think is better assassin or psychic?
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wat do u guys think is better assassin or psychic?

veno b:victory
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    New mounts will probably involved some type of flying sea animal..

Sea Serpent, Sea Dragon. Sea horse? haha. Would be cool.

I'm Cleric so going to make an Assassin.

Psychic would definatley have debuffs. Mind Block? Unable to cast spells, paralyze etc. Things like that I imagine.

Not to much above offense, you wouldn't think a Psychic would have elemental damage as its to do with the mind.. But you never know.

Assassin, anything I try to explain is just reminded me of the Assassin from Guild Wars, which owned, so yeah thats what i'm saying haha.

One last thing is to remember these classes are water based to throw that in there aswell lol. b:laugh
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they are water based, they probably have some Skill for Swimming really fast, like venos and barbs, probably a water mastery, and a bunch of other water things, like that Buff on a wizard, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had nothing to do with water either.. I dunno, but it'll be soo soo cool :P

Also, You must realize that there will probably be a new Fb 19 for them, along with other new areas for 100+ characters, new territories for TW, Lots of goodies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they are water based, they probably have some Skill for Swimming really fast, like venos and barbs,
    probably... btw, veno's water mastery skill doesnt do anything
    probably a water mastery, and a bunch of other water things, like that Buff on a wizard,
    i dont think they'd have water spells, considering the wizard already has an arsenal of them... but from what i've seen in rumors and leaks, the psychic has debuffs and heals
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had nothing to do with water either.. I dunno, but it'll be soo soo cool :P

Also, You must realize that there will probably be a new Fb 19 for them, along with other new areas for 100+ characters, new territories for TW, Lots of goodies.
    it has already been stated by the GMs on this version of the game that a whole new stretch of areas are being opened up as the "Tideborn Lands" so to speak. naturally, this will include fb19 tideborn, three or more new towns, and a full level 1-20 stacked line of areas (in terms of mob levels i mean)

my opinions stated above, in red b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Miss_Teka - Lost City
    Miss_Teka - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    veno b:victory

until the assassin 1 shots your firechicken.b:victory
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im kinda wondering what the roles of the new classes will be in squads. I mean, we have everything already, tank, healer, DD, lurer... what use will they have for us? Or will they get a completely different story line just for them?

There are NEVER enough barbs. There are so many things that ONLY barbs can tank. It would be nice if Assassins could be tanks to. As for the Psychic, well I'm not too sure what they could bring to the game other than a part melee part magic short ranged caster. Which is personally what I see them being.

It might be a really nice change of pace for what we already have. I think they will have to have a different story line.. at least up to lvl 19. All the rest of us do. I look forward to the new classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I was thinking that. Assassins can be like a blademaster (probably have cooler fighting moves) and the psychics would be able to tank Mantavip like the wizards (but better since they are water based). b:shockedScary
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hope psychics can heal. I mean, barbs, venos, and BMs tank, sometimes archers (I'm dead serious o.0), everything can DD, and only clerics heal -.- Well, Wizards have a healing skill, but I still think we need another healer. I think PWI should someday release a race that can be Paladins and Dark Knights, we need some mag phys. And most MMOs are lacking a plain old elemental, straight-up offensive jack of all trades hybrid. Paladins always heal and buff or something, and DKs in WoW, from what I hear, are mostly DoTs and de-buffs.

PLEASE no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric