The new classes means new additions to the game?

2»

Comments

• Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Don't know, I imagine that the psyc will probably be some form of debuf cleric, and I'm betting the assassin is either a Magphys tank, or maybe a pvp melee version of the archer. Anyway, I'm more excited for what kind of mobs they may introduce. I mean, more water areas logically means more water quests which means more focus on water pets. Therefore, they may release a new rare water pet.b:victory

...Or release a new cash shop water pet that will also cost 200+usd...b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its why I'm grinding up my undine wench and death dancer.

I think that a good stun ability is gonna be a psychic skill for sure. Hopefully a knockback too. How about if you knock back enemies and they do massive damage to other mobs they slam into?
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im kinda wondering what the roles of the new classes will be in squads. I mean, we have everything already, tank, healer, DD, lurer... what use will they have for us? Or will they get a completely different story line just for them?

if they ll make squads bigger, then we ll get such things as Tank assist and buff/debuff roles maybe? :o in some games you can put 4 squads together when entering the instance and each has its own role b:laugh - called raid if I translated it correctly ^ ^

or maybe you ll just have a choice between the classes now, which class would be more usefull as damage dealer in particular situations. They might be able to play role of wizards or bms... Dont know about their skills and build bonuses so ...

Edit: yes I know that bms here are kind of tank assist class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkAnguish - Dreamweaver
    DarkAnguish - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have great interest and expectations in the assasin. For me an assasin is extreamly frail, but has the ability to turn invisible. Their defence is an amazing offence. So I don't see the assasin being any sort of tank at all, just pure DD.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have great interest and expectations in the assasin. For me an assasin is extreamly frail, but has the ability to turn invisible. Their defence is an amazing offence. So I don't see the assasin being any sort of tank at all, just pure DD.

That role sounds vaguely familiar to PWI.... I wonder what it could POSSIBLY remind me of...
  • mappam7
    mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I put my bet on the Assassin being like a Rogue =

Knives/blades
    invisibility buff
    sneaky/quiet
    Back-stab

My 2 cents...
    Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, when you go to the sign in page (or maybe it was checking your account there) they had a PWI banner. In it there was an assassin and another tideborn (likely the psychic). The assassin had a set of spikes sticking out of their hands, looking like the low level claw mold. I'm thinking poison and bleeding techniques, with slow techniques like Hamstring. Just hope they don't have higher speed weapons than fist, or I might get confused which class will be more fun.

Psychic I think can be real fun, likely sealing skills and possibly a mix of water and physical damage. One skill I almost expect to see, is one where you burn off their mana to cause damage to the target. It deals damage, but in a way different than normal. And consider combining with a veno using their genie skill, would make for some nice combos.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.