Frost Update!!!!

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OOOH, good point, I didn't connect the dots, might be able to get gear in just solo now... yaay, worth it!

Solo/Daily modes are completely runnable.

The question remains, if they reduce the number of "component" drops, do we still need them to summon bosses though? I am not sure the what the adjustment means, but if they remove 1/2 of the components and put "other drops", does that mean it we would have to run it 20 times just to be able to summon the bosses to get the mats....?

Anyone that has done that curvade quest can tell you how long it took to get one of each.... And you need multiple of each to clear all the bosses....... And that was when that place only dropped components.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I've yet to run Squad mode, but seeing as the Gear still requires Curvades to manufacture.. I would assume you still get Frags/Essences from the bosses. This would make getting the actual FCT mats a lot more difficult.. I'd be very unhappy getting mostly Curvade materials when i could have gotten them easier(and cheaper as far as party costs go) from Solo. If this is the case.. perhaps they're changing it up so that such situations dont happen. I 'm sure there will still be 'bust' runs, but at least you can come out with a few materials much easier.
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The question remains, if they reduce the number of "component" drops, do we still need them to summon bosses though? I am not sure the what the adjustment means, but if they remove 1/2 of the components and put "other drops", does that mean it we would have to run it 20 times just to be able to summon the bosses to get the mats....?

Anyone that has done that curvade quest can tell you how long it took to get one of each.... And you need multiple of each to clear all the bosses....... And that was when that place only dropped components.....

No, you don't need many components to summon bosses. There are certain mobs you have to kill to open doors, and after you kill a boss, a npc will appear to send you to the next section. Again, just something I read on the Chinese forums.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    nimh88 wrote: »
    No, you don't need many components to summon bosses. There are certain mobs you have to kill to open doors, and after you kill a boss, a npc will appear to send you to the next section. Again, just something I read on the Chinese forums.

Thank you for sharing. This makes me less worried.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i solo FC (insolo Mode *duh*) but would love to experience the Squad mode.
    (sadly theres noone to go with.. ever)

Suggestion: move catshops from arch to frostcover :P
    (at least it wouldnt be the ice desert that it is at the moment)

completely off topic... but i really like that siggy O__O

did you make it yourself? and if so... can i ask you for one? xD

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can we has rank equipment pl0x b:surrender (rank7 lv 90 Rep needed 100,000....conclusion: impossible)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can we has rank equipment pl0x b:surrender (rank7 lv 90 Rep needed 100,000....conclusion: impossible)

NOT impossible. Just players that are too lazy to work for it. 14,929 so far.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • doomscyth
    doomscyth Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it took you 92 levels to get that much though, and that is with tons of quests that give rep. and you only have about 1/6 of the required amount. getting 85,000 more rep before level 100 is going to be very difficult with only the means they currently have implemented.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What doomscyth said lol. Keep it up only 85,071 more rep to go. btw lv100 gear is 200,000 so you actually need 185,071 more XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    One of the item that can be exchanged using Token of Luck when you talk to the PW agent is Wraith Officer's Badge which gives 25 rep. If they indeed come out with an anniversary event using the Token of Luck, then it's possible to just buy your way to rank 8. Will cost an arm and a leg, but some people have lots of money right? b:laugh
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Not really, I think up to rank 6 is "reasonable", you're halfway to that point. However, jumping from 35k to 100k rep with so few ways to gain rep makes 100k pretty much unattainable. The top rate I've seen for earning rep is I think 60 per hour, that would mean you still need 1418 hours of pure rep grinding. If you play for four hours a day that's a year of doing absolutely nothing but running FB59 for stamps.

If rank 7 were 50k rep and stamp drops were still in FB's (even if they remained at the FB59 rates/values for later ones) it would do a lot to change how attainable it is as you could feasibly progress your character while getting a non trivial amount of rep.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is Frost gear even good?

I know that there are only a few things decent in the Lunar gear, but I've heard absolutely nothing about Frost gear.

I will answer taht since nobody seemed to notice ;)

the gears are lv85
    They come green and yellow (you need to decomp green to obtain yellow, like for TT)
    grade 10 and 12 equipements.

stats on the 85 gear is better than tt90 (10-15% better resists)

and some real good supplementary bonuses..

but nobody seems to have answer to my question =
    For the box with the yellow rings.. will we need to pay to open it ? (Iron hammer )
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Off-topic:
    completely off topic... but i really like that siggy O__O

did you make it yourself? and if so... can i ask you for one? xD

- Yes, i always make my own signatures.

I did this one, just before posting that message in the forum
    Feel free to "order" your signature (just explain what you want)

On-topic:

I dont think mobs will drop gear oriented stuff in Solo Mode, only in Squad Mode
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RevelBlades - Lost City
    RevelBlades - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The update seems to have broken FF for our crew. We can't get in at all now. Also I had 5 of 7 curvades in my inventory and they disappeared after the update. Some frags stayed, but all my curvades are gone.

How do I get my curvades back?

How do I get back in FF?

Is there a guide to the new Frostland?

Sign me confused.....
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The update seems to have broken FF for our crew. We can't get in at all now. Also I had 5 of 7 curvades in my inventory and they disappeared after the update. Some frags stayed, but all my curvades are gone.

How do I get my curvades back?

How do I get back in FF?

Is there a guide to the new Frostland?

Sign me confused.....

squad leader must be lvl85+ need only 2 in party

u dont need curvades anymore they're gone forever hrhrhrhr =)
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok only 1 question:

Now who get material to make Frostcover wep and armor?

I think is verry disapointed Cause i was farming mat before is hard but now are useless cauze cant get any more mats.

Why u make this instance worse than before (GM or Dev team), why make game worse.... is beter if u never make updates.

is verry frustating for me i awant Aquadash for my engame wep but now on CShoper can have it?.....

Why....????!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RevelBlades - Lost City
    RevelBlades - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    squad leader must be lvl85+ need only 2 in party

u dont need curvades anymore they're gone forever hrhrhrhr =)

Thanks for the reply. lack of a 85+ squad leader was the issue. Still kinda of bummed about the curvades tho. I worked pretty damn hard for those....
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There's no way for us to know that at this point, but the release notes make it pretty clear:

"Additionally, the drops within Frostcovered City have been adjusted to be more gear oriented, rather than materials or components."

If Frostcovered City is supposed to be "gear oriented," then how come on 4 runs through FF all my friends and I got on our FF run were 2 Flawless shards and about 400 coins between the 6 of us?

all 6 of us burned out hp/mp charms, and all that we got was coin, why has this happened? We made enough money to buy one bronze charm between the six of us, its hurtful, because I dont have the money to buy and buy and buy. I love this game, but its too difficult to keep the game rolling when all I see is people gouging the gold prices. Please help with this issue, because I went in fully charmed, and came out empty-Handed, with less exp than I started it with, and absent a charm. FF Feels too broken to be worth while, and looking at the gears inside FF, really, really dont look worthwhile. The Frostcovered chest at the end of the run, all I got was a pair of chests of coins, which I cant do anything with, because Hammers are gouged on prices. I realize the GM's have no control over the gold pricing, but I cant keep up in this, I love PW, and would hate to let it go, especially so close to a huge update, but I fear I may soon have no choice.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If Frostcovered City is supposed to be "gear oriented," then how come on 4 runs through FF all my friends and I got on our FF run were 2 Flawless shards and about 400 coins between the 6 of us?

all 6 of us burned out hp/mp charms, and all that we got was coin, why has this happened? We made enough money to buy one bronze charm between the six of us, its hurtful, because I dont have the money to buy and buy and buy. I love this game, but its too difficult to keep the game rolling when all I see is people gouging the gold prices. Please help with this issue, because I went in fully charmed, and came out empty-Handed, with less exp than I started it with, and absent a charm. FF Feels too broken to be worth while, and looking at the gears inside FF, really, really dont look worthwhile. The Frostcovered chest at the end of the run, all I got was a pair of chests of coins, which I cant do anything with, because Hammers are gouged on prices. I realize the GM's have no control over the gold pricing, but I cant keep up in this, I love PW, and would hate to let it go, especially so close to a huge update, but I fear I may soon have no choice.

You forgot to mention that we got 4 tokens of Frostcovered city. Now we only need 996 more and we can make a FF growth weapon!

Hey guys listen up...whatever they did to FF is complete BS!! Take some advice from people who just got screwed over doing it. DON'T DO FF...NOTHING DROPS!!

The only thing we MIGHT get is a few bonus zens the next time we PAY them to play their free game. The FF promotion event has turned out to be nothing more than a scam for us and a few extra zens sometime in the future is NOT...listen to me it is NOT WORTH the horrid cost of doing it and the miserable lack of drops in the instance. I hope you'll forgive me, but I'm just really flamed right now, this was just WRONG PWI!! If all I get outta this is a coupon that has no benefit unless I give you money, I will tell PWI where to go and what to do with itself when it gets there.

On the upside...the challenge was awesomely hard and actually lots of fun. We started with a 6 man squad and one had to leave around boss 4. If I had it to do over again, I can't imagine doing it with a better squad of players, you guys ROCK!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Best thing I can say is to submit a [suggestion] ticket to PWI urging them to bring back a Solo or "Classic" mode (as one of my friends called it). Restore mat drops, curvades, etc. There are still those of us out there who want to make Frostlands gear, but this recent update has made that impossible. Maybe if they get enough mail about it, we can have our drops back...
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Best thing I can say is to submit a [suggestion] ticket to PWI urging them to bring back a Solo or "Classic" mode (as one of my friends called it). Restore mat drops, curvades, etc. There are still those of us out there who want to make Frostlands gear, but this recent update has made that impossible. Maybe if they get enough mail about it, we can have our drops back...

true but you never tried frost squad mode before update ? :P
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did, about three or four days before. Yes it was difficult, but we got plenty of drops. :)
    5-6 of Blizzard Fragments, Hearts, all kinds of low-grade gear mats. It was awesome, and I would happily have gone back, despite the pain (burned 200k from gold HP charm just taking down Thunderclaw). Post-nerf, I was... disappointed to say the least. And then to find out we're encouraged to trade in our remaining mats for **** rewards from Martial Arts dude? Salt in the wounds. 15% bonus Zen coupon the next time you charge Zen? Scrub a little lye on it for good measure.

EDIT: I'm not saying the existing Squad mode should be eliminated. I'm just advocating the OPTION to do things the old way, earning our gears mat by mat.
  • Laroca - Heavens Tear
    Laroca - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gotta agree with what was said here.

FC = Fail City

The update made it more doable then before which is great! BUT it also took out all the "magic" this place once had.
    The Challenge of FF was the idea to make about 15+ runs and gather mats to make at least 1 sub mat for the gear you wanted.
    So now the Challenge is to get some Gem shards and some Perfect stone and maybe Tokens, and you need 1000 just for 1 item, and thats all?
    So basicly... who needs FF? maybe for quests yes, but for anything els such as mat farming or getting good drop like TT? Absolutly not.

As a huge fan of FF (I still hold the Curvades and the old mats) i'm more then dissapointed to see how a challenge brought into a "just another way" to get better equipment.
    My guild mates did a full run and admit it was a trully fail map then it was before.

So here is a word of suggestion.
    -Keep the map as it is same for all bosses and dificulty.
    -Make Bosses or Elite Mobs to drop the old mats
    -Bring back Solo Mode (high drops of Jade Eccense and Frags) and Gate Mode (Low drops of Jade Eccense and Frags)
    -Make new Challenge Quests to get more mats/Tokens with the Neo-Diety Scrolls

Thats all I can think of atm I would really appreciate if any game developer or game master can give a word of his owen about this
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I beg to differ. My friends and I have been running FC everday at least once since it reopened .. and it's soo fun! At lelve 88 I can gain 10-12% EXP and I have FUN! We all have fun and laugh like we havent' in months. It was a welcoem change to have SOMETHING to do that wasn't gear oriented and didn't TAKE all night. Rebirth takes too long and is to heavily dependant on your gear and such. Frostland just takes a little innovative skill to beat! I kinda like running around some of the bosses to kill em in a certain way.

SUPER
    POWERFUL
    Something something
    SLASH! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Frost is not about equipment anymore. It's about tons of exp and fun bosses. Ignore the gear.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Laroca - Heavens Tear
    Laroca - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Frost is not about equipment anymore. It's about tons of exp and fun bosses. Ignore the gear.

The point of FF and LG is to be parallel to TT but a bit more challening.
    Example:
    To get TT items you need to kill 2~4 Boss get thier mats and you get a nice equipment.
    To get FF items you need to to kill more then once of each boss to get mats to create mats and at the end to make equipment which is better then the TT ones.
    To get LG items you need to kill even more then once of each boss to get mats to create more mats that make more mats and at the end to get a much better equipment then TT and FF.
    Same goes here:
    To get Warsoul you need to do all TT,FF,LG and more to get mats to make souls to make mold get more souls and onlt then make your equipment.

To sum up: Please don't say this none sence of ignoring equipment.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, Zoe's right. Keyword: ANYMORE. And therein lies the problem. Anyone who actually still wanted Frost gear is screwed until PWI 'un'fixes FF and restores mat drops.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe they preparing absolutely new dungeon, with new gears and weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe they preparing absolutely new dungeon, with new gears and weapons.

Even assuming that's the case, why should it preclude us from getting Frost gears?
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We ran frost yesterday and one of the bosses droppped the 85 FF wrists, so I'm assuming that's what they meant by changing the drops to be more gear oriented.

As for difficulty levels, in my opinion FF requires more thought than TT, the bosses are more fun, and requires a bit more alternative thinking. The squad we ran yesterday was mostly lvl 8x players (I was highest level), and all I will say is that an arcane wizzy can tank most of the bosses just fine:)