Frost Update!!!!

RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! I soooooooooooooo cant wait!!!!

Frost gear (particularly gold) is such an amazing thing, and hopefully, it can become more obtainable now!!! I was just beginning to get sick of seeing everyone with the same gear, the same weapons, the same gems, the same refinement!!! Not to mention, the increase in exp is awesome!!!!!!

WOOOOT! Ill gladly burn my MP charms jumping in on that bandwagon! You have answered one of my longest prayers since I hit 85!! b:kiss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
Post edited by RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, I'll have to revisit Frost sometime. This won't be good for the 75 in the guild though. Just more whining about how much they want the EXP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes...the 1 mil coins for the first quest is niceb:dirty. At least now frost is worth to tryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I think you mean 100,000. I'm not seeing 1mil. Or I'm blind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yay!Hope i can buy from others now with increased availability in items b:pleased

Spending half my day in one instance with a squad isn't that appealing to me.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There was nothing in the updates about making frostland doable. As it is, it takes several hours to get to the 5th of 9 bosses in squad mode, and then that boss is ridiculous to kill. So unless there's some difficulty edit, the gear's just not worth it. If you want something that looks like that, go tt90 gold. Identical appearance.

Here's a hint: I have +7 full tt90 arcane with perfect garnets fully buffed my hp is over 7k and my pdef is ridiculously high for a cleric (higher than standard light gear), and the boss still 1 hits me in blueball with a physical aoe. If you figure out a secret to beating Glacial Wrath, PLEASE let me know. I want its heart on a platter, still beating so I can bathe in the glory of his demise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think you mean 100,000. I'm not seeing 1mil. Or I'm blind.

ok nvm...my eyes were playing tricks on meb:chuckle...it's 100k. Still better rewards than previous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There was nothing in the updates about making frostland doable. As it is, it takes several hours to get to the 5th of 9 bosses in squad mode, and then that boss is ridiculous to kill. So unless there's some difficulty edit, the gear's just not worth it. If you want something that looks like that, go tt90 gold. Identical appearance.

Here's a hint: I have +7 full tt90 arcane with perfect garnets fully buffed my hp is over 7k and my pdef is ridiculously high for a cleric (higher than standard light gear), and the boss still 1 hits me in blueball with a physical aoe. If you figure out a secret to beating Glacial Wrath, PLEASE let me know. I want its heart on a platter, still beating so I can bathe in the glory of his demise.

There's not really a secret to doing it, but assuming Glacial Wrath doesn't have any more surprise skills aside from that aoe, one way to do it would involve 3 clerics(Might have to bring the 3rd when you get to the boss) 2 clerics would need to be equipped like you are, and 3rd just bubbles outside of aoe range for the other 2 clerics. Two clerics would have to spam plume shell on themselves(I think it should be castable between his aoes, but we didn't stick around long enough to test. :P) and heal the tank.

Of course this means the tank doesn't get bubble which means massive charm burn for them. You'd probably want to bring two high leveled venos with hercs too since it's a ? boss and they'd do better damage safer than most other classes, or maybe 1 veno and 1 archer who can take a shot from the aoe. (I was able to survive the aoe as a HA fox when I tried at 87 and even then he nearly 1 shot me for my full 5.1k hp)

We tried the plume idea but we only had one cleric capable of doing it, and 1 cleric wasn't enough to keep the barb healed. Plus, the aoe would 1 shot the cleric's whole mp bar.

In the end it's not even worth it really even if it happens to work. :P
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The posts I read in the Chinese forums seem to give this revamp a good grade. Some of the points I gathered:

* good xp for 85 -95 players. One claimed to have gained 7% at 89 doing the whole run.

* Whole run takes about 2 hours for levels around 90; 1.5 hours for 100+. Not exactly sure what a run involves, but seems like there are 10 bosses that need to be killed.

* More skill-dependant than gear-dependant.

* More fun than rb, but not as much xp. Seems the xp ones get for the whole run is 800,000 (~2 hours), compare to 2.2M for a successful completion of rb delta (~4 hours).
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    nimh88 wrote: »
    The posts I read in the Chinese forums seem to give this revamp a good grade. Some of the points I gathered:

* good xp for 85 -95 players. One claimed to have gained 7% at 89 doing the whole run.

* Whole run takes about 2 hours for levels around 90; 1.5 hours for 100+. Not exactly sure what a run involves, but seems like there are 10 bosses that need to be killed.

* More skill-dependant than gear-dependant.

* More fun than rb, but not as much xp. Seems the xp ones get for the whole run is 800,000 (~2 hours), compare to 2.2M for a successful completion of rb delta (~4 hours).

nice info .;

but the trick seems to be the chest with the rings.

is it one of those chest we needs to pay to open ?
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yay, now I have more of a reason to get my faction interested in FF gear :D
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited August 2009

How about stop being a baddie? 98 Cleric with less than 8K hp is fail. Doesn't matter how much pdef you have it still won't replace the HP loss no matter what you say.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Anything in the update about making the gear.... you know... worth it?

If the revamp was for Lunar Glade it would be better.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009

From what I am hearing, the blessings did a massive change in the damage and defense in Frost City. You should try it out sometime. If you can handle delta, you can handle Frost with no problem. Ive never had a problem in Frost Squad mode, and I started going in there at level 87. *shrugs*

WitchBurner, in time man...dont rush things, Lunar will come in due time, dont worry *pats head* Arcane gear in Frost is pretty badass ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    From what I am hearing, the blessings did a massive change in the damage and defense in Frost City. You should try it out sometime. If you can handle delta, you can handle Frost with no problem. Ive never had a problem in Frost Squad mode, and I started going in there at level 87. *shrugs*

She knows what she's talking about :P Frost is most definitely doable up to Glacial wrath (if you have a day to waste), but the physical aoe + sleep combo is just nasty. I really don't see a way around it. The update the chinese version just got apparently reduced the difficulty as well as the time needed to finish. 2 hours sounds very nice for a full run. Downside being they nerfed the drop rate, but it sounds like more than a decent trade off to me. Can't wait!

How about stop being a baddie? 98 Cleric with less than 8K hp is fail. Doesn't matter how much pdef you have it still won't replace the HP loss no matter what you say.

Now this is just too cute.
    The average hp for a 9x cleric is 6k buffed. 7 if you have good refines. Having 8k hp with next to no def isn't good. It's bad. 7k is a VERY nice number, and if I could afford to get 7k hp with refines alone I'd ditch citrines for garnets in a heartbeat. The only way I can see a 9x cleric getting 8k is if they had like +7 gear with immacs or higher citrines on top of being a HEAVY vit build.

Average refine level on sanctuary is +5, which put them at 6-7k hp depending on how much vit they have, and that's with citrine sharded armor.

Between my crappy gear and my limited budget I have over 6k hp and 3k def. I don't consider myself a fail in the slightest. It's enough for delta, its enough for TT, its enough for frost and lunar, you name it.

It's like saying a 9x barb with less than 20k hp is fail, when 15k is average, 17-18 if you have good gear. 20k is just pumping your epeen. But whatever floats your boat I guess. Thanks for keeping the servers up eh? :)
    b:dirty
    edited August 2009
    She knows what she's talking about :P Frost is most definitely doable up to Glacial wrath (if you have a day to waste), but the physical aoe + sleep combo is just nasty. I really don't see a way around it. The update the chinese version just got apparently reduced the difficulty as well as the time needed to finish. 2 hours sounds very nice for a full run. Downside being they nerfed the drop rate, but it sounds like more than a decent trade off to me. Can't wait!

Always been doable UP TO glacial wrath, but that's just 4 bosses, like one of which a caster has any use for for any piece of gear, none of which are the good pieces.

Getting to Glacial wrath and then not being able to do it is like going to candyland and then realizing it's made of rotting beef. I can make groups that can do it, but the point of the effort issue, yeah, not good at the moment. If the update does reduce the difficulty like it supposedly did in the Chinese version, I'll probably go back and start farming it again, because 2 hour runs would be worth it in my opinion.

Sorry Ducky, I'm above what most would consider par, and the neccessities to survive a pve server vs surviving a pvp server are a good bit different, I don't claim to be the best, but there's not a huge supply of clerics with better gear/stats and for everything short of wrath, I'm completely satisfied with what I can do. As far as surviving a barrage of soft hits, yes, hp is better, but for the big physical hits like the ones bosses can do, pdef ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Aside from the good points made by others, even if we accept this ridiculous claim, who cares? It doesn't matter to this discussion.

The article says:
    Frostcovered City was originally designed to help LV 85-95 Players level-up

If the only way to get more than halfway through the run is to have a level 98 cleric, I don't see how that's helping a level 85 character much.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Off Topic @ Lypiphera: Phedre?

On Topic: The EXP doesn't seem different? Or maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's really worth it to spend time on Frost still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Getting 8k hp AND decent phy def at lvl 96+ for a cleric is not hard at all - even if u use some garnet in gear b:sweat.

Don't know many 98+ clerics in guild with less than 8k hp - maybe 2-3 and they should go re-stat and refine <.<

Several 99+ clerics have around 9-10k even. But obviously vitality build. But its the best build for any support ep when it comes to hard dungeons and TW. You will still have decent heals with 200+ vita and can support in pvp and pve without dying. But maybe not so fun if u wanna nuke stuff 1v1 and be baddie metal mage lol b:surrender.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009

this kid is so fail, he bashes anyone who doesnt agree with his cookie cutter idea of builds, just ignore this extremely fail ragebear b:bye
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    On Topic: The EXP doesn't seem different? Or maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's really worth it to spend time on Frost still.

I'm glad someone else mentioned this. I was afraid to bring it up, because I couldn't imagine how it could be unchanged, seeing as how that's the whole point of the update.

The experience listed in the article is exactly the same as what's in the quest guide (which hasn't been updated recently, so that isn't the explanation) and exactly the same as has been in my quest log for the last week. Either the article is wrong or this is some kind of "new and improved" that I'm not familiar with.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Getting 8k hp AND decent phy def at lvl 96+ for a cleric is not hard at all - even if u use some garnet in gear b:sweat.

Don't know many 98+ clerics in guild with less than 8k hp - maybe 2-3 and they should go re-stat and refine <.<

Several 99+ clerics have around 9-10k even. But obviously vitality build. But its the best build for any support ep when it comes to hard dungeons and TW. You will still have decent heals with 200+ vita and can support in pvp and pve without dying. But maybe not so fun if u wanna nuke stuff 1v1 and be baddie metal mage lol b:surrender.

It's very hard for lvl 85+. The instance was designed for lvl 85-95, you should not need to be lvl 98+ in order to have access to level 85 Frost gear.

It's pointless if the difficulty is not managable for players of levels it's designed for.
    edited August 2009
    There you go Devs and GMs, pretty standard opinion that adding xp really isn't enough for frost, it's still ridiculous on the difficulty. So I think there's an implied question, will the patch reduce the difficulty of frostland squad mode and the drops increase in such a way that you don't have to do 100+ runs for one person to get one piece of gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i solo FC (insolo Mode *duh*) but would love to experience the Squad mode.
    (sadly theres noone to go with.. ever)

Suggestion: move catshops from arch to frostcover :P
    (at least it wouldnt be the ice desert that it is at the moment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is Frost gear even good?

I know that there are only a few things decent in the Lunar gear, but I've heard absolutely nothing about Frost gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There you go Devs and GMs, pretty standard opinion that adding xp really isn't enough for frost, it's still ridiculous on the difficulty. So I think there's an implied question, will the patch reduce the difficulty of frostland squad mode and the drops increase in such a way that you don't have to do 100+ runs for one person to get one piece of gear?

There's no way for us to know that at this point, but the release notes make it pretty clear:

"Additionally, the drops within Frostcovered City have been adjusted to be more gear oriented, rather than materials or components."
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's no way for us to know that at this point, but the release notes make it pretty clear:

"Additionally, the drops within Frostcovered City have been adjusted to be more gear oriented, rather than materials or components."

oh man, I red the entire tread and I could not understand lol.

what you mean is that when I kill mobs or bosses in frostcovered, the chances of getting armor as drops have been increased?b:surrender
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Sorry Ducky, I'm above what most would consider par, and the neccessities to survive a pve server vs surviving a pvp server are a good bit different, I don't claim to be the best, but there's not a huge supply of clerics with better gear/stats and for everything short of wrath, I'm completely satisfied with what I can do. As far as surviving a barrage of soft hits, yes, hp is better, but for the big physical hits like the ones bosses can do, pdef ftw.

I can Vouch for this... She's a BISH to kill in TW.. Probalby one of the ONLY Clerics I have seen that can Survive my squads onslaught for more then a few seconds when more then one of us is on them. >.> I give her props, srsly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Better drops don't help if people can't manage to run it anyway. They need to lower the difficulty level instead.
    edited August 2009

OOOH, good point, I didn't connect the dots, might be able to get gear in just solo now... yaay, worth it!

Solo/Daily modes are completely runnable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]