Heavy Cleric?

livibility
livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
While browsing some screenshots, I noticed that some 99+ clerics were heavy build, with 99-100+ heavy armor, with good level mag weaps....

Now, I know they aren't private servers, and I know these clerics aren't dumb, so what gives? Is this viable at 99+?

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV8qSzA

Just for an example, sorry for names being shown, just had to show what I mean.

High level heavy armor, while still using a high level mag weap....

If this is possible, it would seem a "hybrid" (Heavy and Robe set) would be ideal.
Post edited by livibility on

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Not possible, sorry.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    as far as i know Cleric in Heavy armor L11-12 + Same lvl weapons are possible.
    I saw couple Venos like that Heavy was L11 Weapons L12 b:bye
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -edit- nvm
    According to the pix:
    TT90 gold HA full
    TT99 gold Pataka
    => this 1 insane >.<
    you still get killed by archer, wiz, cleric though.
    you might perform well vs barb and BM.

*only possible pass 99 >.>
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Say hi to elemental attacks....

Even if it viable for heavy armor... your gonna be the stupidest cleric on the entire face of the Perfect World to use heavy armor...

You lose so much +Mag and so much +M-def its not even funny. Your healing/damage... and all stats take a really really big downfall and you just become a 1 shot level 30 barb (if your lv 99) against all characters...

I mean, Barbs have like... a ****load of HP. Yea, you don't.... because your so stupid to burn points on Str and Dex to get heavy armor.

In other words, I'm lv 60 and I could own your **** at lv 99 if you choose to get Heavy Armor.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    look at his armor, it's +8, and 4 grade 8 shard, this prove that this guy have load of money to spend, and with money, nothing is impossible =))

he using a tauran chief cloak too, and all his ornament or Mdef, wouldn't be surprise if they has high upgrade (+8?).

he using TT99 gold banner staff, that's grade 12, imagine he invest on it 2 grade 9~10 shards and upgrade it to +9~10, that would posssible to make up for the damage loss, although your damage input would be much higher wearing the same weap and go pure/LA/vit MAG.

and yea, you get owned by half of the entire class except Bm, and Barb. But as I say, nothing is impossible with money, you can go pure mag and still got like 10k hp, have **** load of def if you are a millionaire and up all your armor to +12, shard all of it with pdef shard grade 10 and beyond =))
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    look at his armor, it's +8, and 4 grade 8 shard, this prove that this guy have load of money to spend, and with money, nothing is impossible =))

he using a tauran chief cloak too, and all his ornament or Mdef, wouldn't be surprise if they has high upgrade (+8?).

he using TT99 gold banner staff, that's grade 12, imagine he invest on it 2 grade 9~10 shards and upgrade it to +9~10, that would posssible to make up for the damage loss, although your damage input would be much higher wearing the same weap and go pure/LA/vit MAG.

and yea, you get owned by half of the entire class except Bm, and Barb. But as I say, nothing is impossible with money, you can go pure mag and still got like 10k hp, have **** load of def if you are a millionaire and up all your armor to +12, shard all of it with pdef shard grade 10 and beyond =))

The problem is... that if he went full Arcane...

And got pdef Shards...

He would probably be losing like about 10% reduction in Defense... Gaining like 50% reduction in Magic.. and hitting 2x harder..

I'm thinking that either he likes to burn money or he likes to be different. If he wants to Pwn in PvP, I suggest he sticks something up his behind until he starts chanting Arcane out of his mouth.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The problem is... that if he went full Arcane...

And got pdef Shards...

He would probably be losing like about 10% reduction in Defense... Gaining like 50% reduction in Magic.. and hitting 2x harder..

I'm thinking that either he likes to burn money or he likes to be different. If he wants to Pwn in PvP, I suggest he sticks something up his behind until he starts chanting Arcane out of his mouth.

The only reason I bring it up because I like to be the odd-one-out, to try something different. Now if I ever got to 99, would it be entirely stupid to have at least +8 armor, +10 weap, and have a robe set thats also +8?

Every screenshot of that cleric that I've seen so far, even in grinding parties ect, is in full heavy regalia, so really, maybe they're stupid, or have the money to spend to keep up with both sets, heavy and robe.

Now as far as statting goes and loss of hp/damage, Even in full robe, refined, good grade shards, you STILL get one-shot by the other side of the classes. At 100+, pretty much anything can one shot anything, which is the way I see it.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Save your self the years of torment in heavy armor, and pick LA or Arcane....
    b:dirty
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    the proof that the cleric in the pic can use a staff at her level shows that she has as much MAG as a LA (notice that LA build have the least MAG, to the extend that there MAG is just enough to cover their magic weap) and she CAN USE arcane set TT99
    =>This cleric damage output is as good as a LA, with less crit.
    =>She has higher HP than a LA (HA have highest HP bonus)
    =>She has more DEF than a LA, but less elemental resistance.
    =>You can beat BM, Maybe a barb, but you cant last long vs an archer, cleric, wizard.

And it is possible to use both armor in theory pass 99, (lower level HA armor, HH99 gold arcane), but can you keep up with the cost for 2 set? can you change between 2 set efficiently in PvP without getting killed by the lag/delay? It's not that simple.

Did I say it is possible? maybe, If you got load of +STR and DEX equipment to cover up the Stats shortage, and lvl 5 tome which cost a **** load of money, otherwise it's impossible.

Use http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ to try set up the stats with the equipment.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What i see in that picture is an EP with 100000X$ spent on this game....
    So again, save your self the torment......
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I hate to say but I have seen this done on another forum using heavy armour with low hp.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    HA > LA in term of HP/Refine
    ofc you cant have vit, but it's the same for LA where you cant put vit in.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What you guys seem to forget is that a heavy can get decent mdef quite easily. With tauren cape and refined matk rings + mdef accesories the mdef can match a LA easy. And on top of that a heavy gets way more HP from refining his gear.
    So its bullsh!t that this build would only beat WR/WB and get owned by all others. Heavy WF's on Lost City are hard to kill as well, and they don't even have such high refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    WF are hard to kill in HA because their foxform have bonus 120% def, and hood to help them hold on when the pet slowly kill off the opponent.

I do take into account Mdef ornament and refine, but with the same ornament, a LA can MDEF of an arcane (well maybe unbuffed more or less), you are pretty much vulnerable from elemental atk. Plume shell already give you a upper hand in phys res, so when plume shell up, you only have to care about elemental atk, if you get sleeped, debuffed and temptest, you may alive due to your high hp, but a quick cyclone or double chann wieldthunder can finish you off quite easily imo. I don't say this build fail lol, but this build is heavily $ dependent and not applicable for the majority.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    the proof that the cleric in the pic can use a staff at her level shows that she has as much MAG as a LA (notice that LA build have the least MAG, to the extend that there MAG is just enough to cover their magic weap) and she CAN USE arcane set TT99
    =>This cleric damage output is as good as a LA, with less crit.
    =>She has higher HP than a LA (HA have highest HP bonus)
    =>She has more DEF than a LA, but less elemental resistance.
    =>You can beat BM, Maybe a barb, but you cant last long vs an archer, cleric, wizard.

And it is possible to use both armor in theory pass 99, (lower level HA armor, HH99 gold arcane), but can you keep up with the cost for 2 set? can you change between 2 set efficiently in PvP without getting killed by the lag/delay? It's not that simple.

Did I say it is possible? maybe, If you got load of +STR and DEX equipment to cover up the Stats shortage, and lvl 5 tome which cost a **** load of money, otherwise it's impossible.

Use http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ to try set up the stats with the equipment.

/start rant mode

Yea, you can get decent HP after you !#R!@ refine all your gear to like +8 or above.

Yes, Heavy Costs around 250 ish Str..... (Base 5?)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14928

Your, weapon costs around 300 ish Mag... (Base 5?)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14910

And everything else costs 55 ish Str... (Base 5?)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14952

So basically at level 100.... You have 500 Stat Points...

500 - 260 - 300 - 55 + (5 + 5 + 5) = Your ****ed! = - 90.

So even at level 100, your down 100 points and you need this fixed. Now if you buy some godly tomes, you can fix that a bit... but you need need like so much Stats! Yea, your weapon might give you +16ish Mag... lets see... your rings... and your armor... might give you barely enough Mag for half that requirement. Now add in that stupid tome.. +35 stat... and you have maybe 75% of your Mag requirement.

Basically, even at level 100. Your gonna be QQings like a noob about how little points you have a Heavy (Even if you have MONEY COMING RIGHT OUT OF YOUR ****)

Yea, your correct that Heavy also has the most HP. But that's like +8 Refine or **** like that. Yea, burn those Dragon Orbs, because you ain't gonna get your 3 wishes to pwn people with your laughable Mag.

And even though Heavy is so unreasonably expensive and you don't even have enough stat points for it in most cases. You will now be able to survive a lot more due to higher HP while now getting 1 shotted by wizards, clerics, and archers, and all people who use elemental damage (OMG? That's every race!)...

Yea, good job. Now everyone knows your weakness and they actually can do something about it? Your safe from Barbs and BMs lol? Don't make me laugh... There's something called Apo Pots and + Elemental Damage shards. People are know how to counter you and pwn you for being so stupid to use Heavy Armor...

Btw.. your mana pool = Fail. Plume Shield = Fail... Dam.. every single skill you have = Fail b/c what? You spent all your equipment on Stats and nothing on +Channeling...

Though there is actually one thing that you make sense.. If your level 150 and you go Heavy Armor.. Yea, that's actually pwnage. Every other level is just stupid and a waste of money and waste of stats, and asking for other people to pwn you. In other words, do more math before you post **** telling people to burn money for you...

/end rant mode

• Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Chill =))

Who told you to wear lvl 99 armor? HA 90 armor is the best you can afford if you want to wear HA, it's not impossible to wear HA90 at lvl 99+ along with TT99 weap. and no one would go around bragging that he/she wearing HA so basically, you are odd, nobody knew you are wearing HA-> element of surprise- > win =))

About giving up MAG, actually no, the pic shows that she using a TT99 Pataka, which means that she has as much MAG as a LA, there is no reason that with the same weap, same MAG, her Cleric deal less damage than a same lvl+ same weap LA Cleric (well, maybe LA can pull off a couple more krit but who care? it's about luck =P )

Oh you know that as long as you can wield TT99 weap, you can wear TT99 Gold arcane set? =))

and it is heavily $ dependent as I say, didn't know any1 ever try on PWI yet. but hey, the pic from PW My-en prove that it's possible, chill with it =))
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why are you guys talking about damage, heavy cleric job is to pull catas. DUH!
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    not as good as a barb or HA veno DUH!
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Chill =))

Who told you to wear lvl 99 armor? HA 90 armor is the best you can afford if you want to wear HA, it's not impossible to wear HA90 at lvl 99+ along with TT99 weap. and no one would go around bragging that he/she wearing HA so basically, you are odd, nobody knew you are wearing HA-> element of surprise- > win =))

About giving up MAG, actually no, the pic shows that she using a TT99 Pataka, which means that she has as much MAG as a LA, there is no reason that with the same weap, same MAG, her Cleric deal less damage than a same lvl+ same weap LA Cleric (well, maybe LA can pull off a couple more krit but who care? it's about luck =P )

Oh you know that as long as you can wield TT99 weap, you can wear TT99 Gold arcane set? =))

and it is heavily $ dependent as I say, didn't know any1 ever try on PWI yet. but hey, the pic from PW My-en prove that it's possible, chill with it =))

/run politemanner.exe

Warning: ZephyrX bought this program off a drug dealer in Downtown... so it might have some *cough* kinks...

I'm sorry for my replusive rude behavior... It's is such a diddly good day that I still have to say that diddly good Arcane armor would give you a diddly high amount of stats.

Having a diddly high refine +8 or greater... (+12 for best results)... would be so amazing b:victory! ^_^! But with great HP comes a price at a lower damage. So you would be best in TW as a self healing tank! Wow... so lovely, an auto-regen biological tank called the Heavy Cleric!

WoW *_*... so wonderfulb:cute.....

It's my dream xD WEEEEE I feel free! Just like the fly...! I see stars.. wee... wee... I'm flying with a biological tank! But do remember.. that umm.. that nice little Light Cleric doesn't have to put so much strength :O :O!! Powerzz! Light Clerics doesn't have to tuffy uppie so muchhie stats in da strendee!

So umm...b:angry *ERROR* **** YOU!!! *ERROR* that umm... nice little thing... ugh... FU..CC..N!!! Still has use Money$$$$ $_$.... T.T >.>..!!! b:laugh ERr..asdh Die die!! Happy!! Rainbows.. wee!! Die!... Arg... Cost... lots... strength... bad... arg.. die die die!!!

Error Code 001: Program overload
    /end politemanner.exe

Yea... see above for umm.. "politeness"

P.S. Yea, boredom sucks huh?

• Azazel - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    LA got high requirement for Dex =/ if you pumb part of the dex into str you can wear a HA 1 or 2 grade beow your level.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    LA got high requirement for Dex =/ if you pumb part of the dex into str you can wear a HA 1 or 2 grade beow your level.

Seems to be 100 Str and 100 Dex compared to 250 Str...

So LA still gets 50 more stats... and 5% more crit... But meh, LA isn't that bad at low levels as compared to Heavy at low levels (by low I mean 9x lvls....)

Just personally I wouldn't use Heavy until at max level or something...

And lowering the grade of armor is a rite I guess, but you will miss a slightly big chunk of stats for Refine. But comparing lv 90 Light/Arcane to Lv 80 Heavy.. The heavy still would give more HP, but still kinda reducing the HP boost by a bit also.

So still... I mean.. you really have to have money coming out of your eyes or something or if you own MacDonalds (yea, that rich) in order to use Heavy starting at 9x. If you use Heavy before 9x, you should uninstall Perfect World before you go into a TW.

• Klosar - Sanctuary
    Klosar - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That was PURE PALADIN!!! Remember kids with that str i bet he doesnt use magic like basic attack. Pataka telling everything. Solid melee attack + heals = barb with heal and whats better then barb with heal? NOTHING!!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its possible but you obv need alot of money and work to get accessories for the stat points. Cant really be done at lvl 90 unless you have like a lvl 5 tome. Prolly not even with that. Also lvl 90 gear not worth refining +8 so better wait til endgame gear if u wanna go heavy.

But heavy armor is the best armor in the game, gives the best over-all defense. If you can use it you should. U get insane phy def, decent mag def and loads of Hp from refine. And as seen on the pic shes using lvl 95 dustless necklace, prolly highly refined giving around 800k extra mag def. And with a decent mag def belt +8 she will get another 800k mag def. And the base magic cleric needs for weapon also gives magic defence. Im pretty sure she has about same mag def as LA armor or even more. She has same magic attack as a full vitality build cleric, maybe a little less hp. And insane phy def against annoying stuff like bleed and zerk crits.

If she added 1-2 parts arcane to the set, and a grade 13 heavy helmet highly refined, she would be pretty much unkillable for any class. Nice hp, high mag def, high phy def. But only mediocre attack tho unless she gets like +12 weapon lol.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oOo they have bear smileys in this version of PW. those are my favoriteb:cute
  • isusjecool
    isusjecool Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hit 16k on my clericb:victory
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That cleric doesn't have enough hp in my opinion.

There are many defence/resist defuffs iin pvp and high level bosses have debuffs for 100%, so the defence/resist doesn't mean as much as one would think.
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually this cleric build is understandable. All the low m.def you guys talking about is a myth. Even tho it is same armor that a barb uses. But the m.def is about 10% lower than normal clerics. You could try this out in private server if you know how to manage the build. The only thing that this build lack of is the m.atk that a pure magic cleric has. But this type of cleric takes much less phy atks than pure. Which makes a big difference in survivability against bm and archers(you still could use plume shell).Theres a few things need to be noticed for this build.

1. Mage doesnt deal as much damage to cleric( not mention the m.def)than a barb because of cleric could purify undine which makes a big difference.

2. Phoenix bleed doesnt brother this type of cleric which is normally the cleric killer of all.

3.Archers couldn't hurt this type of cleric.(High phy res, high m.resis).

4.This type of cleric will be brothered the most at cleric vs cleric battles.(which is probably good to get the immune to metal skill to prevent archer metal atk, bm dragon ts and anti cleric).

5.Of course that the weakness of this build is it doesnt have as much m.atk.But considering group pk, tw, this type of cleric might have some special uses b:pleased.

(If you don't understand how heavy cleric have high m.resist, try to understand heavy veno build first)b:victoryb:bye
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its possible but you obv need alot of money and work to get accessories for the stat points. Cant really be done at lvl 90 unless you have like a lvl 5 tome. Prolly not even with that. Also lvl 90 gear not worth refining +8 so better wait til endgame gear if u wanna go heavy.

But heavy armor is the best armor in the game, gives the best over-all defense. If you can use it you should. U get insane phy def, decent mag def and loads of Hp from refine. And as seen on the pic shes using lvl 95 dustless necklace, prolly highly refined giving around 800k extra mag def. And with a decent mag def belt +8 she will get another 800k mag def. And the base magic cleric needs for weapon also gives magic defence. Im pretty sure she has about same mag def as LA armor or even more. She has same magic attack as a full vitality build cleric, maybe a little less hp. And insane phy def against annoying stuff like bleed and zerk crits.

If she added 1-2 parts arcane to the set, and a grade 13 heavy helmet highly refined, she would be pretty much unkillable for any class. Nice hp, high mag def, high phy def. But only mediocre attack tho unless she gets like +12 weapon lol.

Agree what TigerLily said b:victory I

And yea 1 or 2 Acrane armor would be more balanced but the 90 set bounes is pretty nice too ^_^. Oh i think she is a sort of crit build of some sort by the looking of the rings and stuff, crit build works well for both melee and casting which is pretty good :O. Might as well invent a new type of cleric XDb:chuckle
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not possible, sorry.

QFT.

If you throw a lot in Str and Dex you can't possibly get the points to wear any decent Legendary or TT weapons for your level.

I have seen light armor clerics, but I think you're not being very smart if you're using heavy armor as a cleric. You can also use shards to boost your phy def.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Take a look around the veno forums. There are some that have done it without sacrificing mag [putting in minimum mag required to wield a wep of your level]. It's more than possible.

And like people have said, there are ways to compensate in every build. This one just happens to cost lots more $$$...