Options

Comments

• Yakubo_ - Sanctuary
    Yakubo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    I like where this is going.... b:sin
    Uh oh. I think we should probably stop while we're ahead then. Them kitties can get get.....fiesty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    \so "some people will not be happy"? well how about this..yall with the stones payd significantly less than the 600-700 million that it would cost in game coins to make these stones from scratch not to mention the days of combining involved lol.....just be happy you got something decent from the packs :P

bold items are npc purchasable

Level /Number of pcs/Price/Time
    10 / 6 / / 1 sec.
    9 /30 / / 7 sec.
    8 /150/ / 37 sec.
    7 / 750 / /3min. 7sec.
    6 / 3.000 / /15min. 37sec.
    5 / 12.000 /720.000.000/1H 5min. 37sec.
    4 /48.000 //4H 25min. 37sec.
    3 /144.000 / /17H 45min. 37sec.
    2 /432.000 //57H 45min. 37sec.
    1 / 1.296.000/ /686.880.000/7 days 9H 45min. 37sec.
  • sixftbadger
    sixftbadger Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im glad im not rich enough to have wasted my money on this stuff! xD
    although I have wasted exp & spirit on genie skills that keep changing,which is kind of bad...b:surrender
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I wonder why u changed from 20 vit. to 10 vit. on this server.

Is this some kinda ploy against barbs? b:cry ( since we benefit most from it )

gm answer why u reduced vit bonus b:angry

b:bye
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This absolutely ridiculous. It fraud to the players. They spent millions because they though that is working properly . If this happen in real word you would be lose in court millions of dollar because of it.b:angry It apparently fraud. Thanks to God I didn't buy any1. b:angry
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know you guys should really make this a sticky until the information is fixed....

I put a savant stone into my weap thinking is was -6% chan which is pretty damn good. but to find out it only does -3% makes it absolutely worthless in the weap (in my oponion). These things cost 1M to imbue, and you guys have this post shuffled away like on the 3rd or 4th pages of posts!

I would not have used it in the weap and would have saved it for my gear for the +10 vit (despite that stat being wrong as well :-/ )

I've sent in my ticket regarding the matter, but I really think you guys should have made this info more prominent when you discovered it instead of letting it go unnoticed to many....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know you guys should really make this a sticky until the information is fixed....

I put a savant stone into my weap thinking is was -6% chan which is pretty damn good. but to find out it only does -3% makes it absolutely worthless in the weap (in my oponion). These things cost 1M to imbue, and you guys have this post shuffled away like on the 3rd or 4th pages of posts!

I would not have used it in the weap and would have saved it for my gear for the +10 vit (despite that stat being wrong as well :-/ )

I've sent in my ticket regarding the matter, but I really think you guys should have made this info more prominent when you discovered it instead of letting it go unnoticed to many....

She's right, this should be stickied until it's fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ...or have their stats increased. Even with a sticky, most won't see it. It's a fairly big mistake.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bump to keep this on front page.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UsesPets - Heavens Tear
    UsesPets - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would make sense for those who spent tens of millions to get these items to get reimbursed in some manner. Afterall, that is a HUGE error and the pwdatabase indicates the same stats. Any comments from moderators except, "sorry we'll fix text?" I do not mean to be another obnoxious player, but these are the kind of mistakes that can be detrimental to maintaining such a game.
  • sixftbadger
    sixftbadger Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hardly being 'Obnoxious' Usespets,more being honest,unlike some b:shutup

As has been said this IS false advertising,you cant put (like genieskills) a description on stones/skills w/e,then,after hundreds(thousands?)of players putting their money into devs bentley/private jet fund,decide 'oh it's a mistake,we'll fix it next update'...not on guys.shameful performance.

But then,I guess the people that are getting mugged off,aren't aware or dont care,their choice I guess b:victory :o
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is a big deal to spend the insane prices people are putting on these items. Or to buy packs in an attempt to get one, only to find its half the value. Maybe make these particular ones a different stat, can even play it off as part of the event for rare bonus'd gems. The mounts can have slightly varied speeds of 10.5 10.2 11.0 for same mount. Make it that a gem that has differing stats than it normally would.
  • EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver
    EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Aina is on a roll! Yeah it makes you sparkle. Like.. if you were a vampire .. and you were worried about people seeing.. you sparkle.. in the sun. I know, ridiculous right?
    GTFO with the **** vampire talk. b:laugh

Vampires are godless killing machines, not teenybopper drama fodder. b:angry
  • ZipCode - Heavens Tear
    ZipCode - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So whats a primeval stone wourth now ? Werent they wourth like 30 mill like 1 week ago and now they are 3 mill ????

Pretty annoyin cuz i was going to wait sellin it til the month was over so it became more expensive but no i think now ...

Zip
  • coldice2000
    coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would make us happier if you changed the EFFECT to +20 vit, -6% channeling etc. However, it would be more work on your part to have to change that... therefore you change the text.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would make us happier if you changed the EFFECT to +20 vit, -6% channeling etc. However, it would be more work on your part to have to change that... therefore you change the text.

It was a text issue, if the item wasn't intended to have those stats we're not going to change them
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It was a text issue, if the item wasn't intended to have those stats we're not going to change them
    If the items seriously gave +20 vit I think I'd quit lol barbs are hard enough to kill as it is, don't need BigP running around with an extra 20k HP.

I'd be quiet scared thinking he'd have to use a new charm ever 5 ticks lol
  • chezedude
    chezedude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I paid real money to buy gold just because of this event, thinking that the stones give the stats they claimed to give. I got 5 stones either from opening packs or bought from players before I saw this thread. I'm sure there are many players who are totally unaware of this glitch as not everyone look at every single thread on the forums.

Since I paid real money for this but later found out the stones only give HALF the bonus written in game, I believe the sales were fraudulent if the EFFECTS are not restored to what it claims right now. The stones were the main reason I spent a few hundred dollars to buy gold, If I knew the effects were only half I probably would have not bothered paying the money or the in game coins for them. Since this game has many US players, I'm sure many of you know it is illegal to make false claims on items sold for real money. If the effects are not restored, I would like to at least see some form of reimbursement to those who bought gold after the event started.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    chezedude wrote: »
    I paid real money to buy gold just because of this event, thinking that the stones give the stats they claimed to give. I got 5 stones either from opening packs or bought from players before I saw this thread. I'm sure there are many players who are totally unaware of this glitch as not everyone look at every single thread on the forums.

Since I paid real money for this but later found out the stones only give HALF the bonus written in game, I believe the sales were fraudulent if the EFFECTS are not restored to what it claims right now. The stones were the main reason I spent a few hundred dollars to buy gold, If I knew the effects were only half I probably would have not bothered paying the money or the in game coins for them. Since this game has many US players, I'm sure many of you know it is illegal to make false claims on items sold for real money. If the effects are not restored, I would like to at least see some form of reimbursement to those who bought gold after the event started.

Effect was never meant to be what it said, was meant to be half of what it said.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Allow me to link you to the TOS that you agree to everytime you log to the game or website

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Now read section 4
    And Section 5
    And Section 16
    Section 20
    Section 21
    Section 22

You have agreed to all those things..... (or your parents have).

Quick summary, the account is not yours, it belongs to PWE. You agree that they own everything, therefore any changes to the game content made by PW will affect the accounts that PWE owns, since you do not own the account, there is not much you can do about it. You have also agreed that they can terminate your access to the account you use or simply delete it, just because they want to.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • chezedude
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Effect was never meant to be what it said, was meant to be half of what it said.

Imagine you bought a 50-inch tv from a website online, but when it arrives at your house you find that it's only 25 inches due to someone's mistake from the website you bought the tv from. Yeah it was meant to be half the the size, so are you going to just say "oh well"?

even if pwi cannot get in legal trouble for this (I'm no legal expert, so I have no idea just by reading the terms and conditions). I don't think many players will be happy after finding out the truth just as in analogy I made.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know what you mean Cheze, but we corrected this text issue as soon as it was presented to us to make sure the actual stats were clear.
  • chezedude
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know what you mean Cheze, but we corrected this text issue as soon as it was presented to us to make sure the actual stats were clear.

The only way I found out about this was from looking at the forums. I understand that you cannot change the text in game immediately. However I believe if some form of in game announcement was made about this issue, almost all players would be aware of this. I'm sure more than half the players still have no idea that the stones give only half the bonus as I talked to many who had them. Not everyone check the forums every day.
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was deeply hurted by these stones. I bought 8 of them using all of my lunch money b:cry

Can I get an extra one to compensate?? b:sad
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The only way I found out about this was from looking at the forums. I understand that you cannot change the text in game immediately. However I believe if some form of in game announcement was made about this issue, almost all players would be aware of this. I'm sure more than half the players still have no idea that the stones give only half the bonus as I talked to many who had them. Not everyone check the forums every day.

There's a few morals to this story methinks.

For starters, always research what you're buying. Never assume that it will work Bug Free. Read the forums everyday. Let someone else be your guinea pig xD. Finally, don't expect anyone else to take responsibility for their mistakes (*If they are not legally obliged to xD).
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There's a few morals to this story methinks.

For starters, always research what you're buying. Never assume that it will work Bug Free. Read the forums everyday. Let someone else be your guinea pig xD. Finally, don't expect anyone else to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Falls!!!! Stop it! b:cry You're supposed to babysit me, not blame me. I spent my lunch money already b:cryb:cry. Give me a stone as compensation!!
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Falls!!!! Stop it! b:cry You're supposed to babysit me, not blame me. I spent my lunch money already b:cryb:cry. Give me a stone as compensation!!

*Consoles BigP*

Don't worry I am sure the next big update will have something nice to tide you over (If current trends hold).
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options

YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS A DAMN STICKY!!!

PEOPLE ARE STILL MAKING POSTS CONFUSED AS TO THE REAL STATS....

I guess it doesnt make a difference now that the update is coming tomorrow, but this seems to me to be something that you have almost tried to hide...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just wonder why gm's redused values

why 10 vit ? why not 20 like it should be.

Is this some matter of balance or just gm decided to change to 10 vit so u need more to buy or i have no idea .

If its matter of balance then explain why nubs can use grade 13 cape req lvl 45 and walk around with it.(Wings of Cloudcharger for examle)

(4 socket 100% )
    Phys. Res.: +500

Vitality +10

Speed +0.2 meters/second
    Reduce Physical damage taken +3

when i was lvl 45 hm lol u know what i whana say already.

So i dont think this stat changing have anythign to do with game balance those gems are not so common also can gm answer why he changed values
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I understand that maybea typo was made and they really didnt want to release stones that powerful, BUT WHY NOT PUT A STICKY SAYING SO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]