Stone of Savent/Primeral stone doens't work as described

13»

Comments

• alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To be honest, I'm really upset over this!!

I added 4 of these stones so far, and bought several more, spending a small fortune on them, nearly everything I had in fact, under the presumption that they would add 20 vit each to my stats. Had I known that a lv 12 stone would NOT give me +200 hp per stone for my class, but only +100 hp as a veno, the LV 11 citrines would have actually given me more hp--they are +115, and 3 of them in my cape would give me +45 MORE hp than 3 savants that cost me twice as much money.

This is hardly fair to retroactively change the text instead of correcting the stone bonus after we've wasted so much ingame and real money to get these stones. (I was dumb enough to buy more packs to try and luck into them.) It also doesn't make sense that LV 12 stones only benefits one or two classes above a LV 11 stone.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You do realize that Vita affects other things besides HP, right?

For them to change the stones from the pack, that would have an impact on all future stones as well. Someday, as more people reach max level, those will become far more common, therefore it would create great imbalance on the force.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i want a refund,i bought a stone knowing it would gimme 20vit..but only 10..i just wasted my money because of some programmer errors
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I understand vit affects other things, but I chose these stones to maximize my hp, and this change actually disadvantages my game compared to other players. I went based on the descriptions I was presented in game. I spent well over 60 mil in game on these stones, when I COULD have been buying rep or a stone that would actually benefit me.

Now if I want to actually maximize my hp to be competitive with the classes that get full use of the vit in these stones? I'm out the 60 mil+ I already spent, the 4 mil + imbue fee for the ones I have already put in my equip, the removal fee, and then I'm supposed to spend more money hoping for great anni pack drops or best luck tokens to try to get the RIGHT stones now that I'm broke? And if I don't, I can't get the maximum hp available to me that other classes that have already imbued these stones (barbs) can.

I understand mistakes, and in fact, very few things in game have ever really upset me, but this is unbelievably unjust to penalize players to this degree for a typo. There was no banner at the top of the game or in game announcements, even though there are plenty telling me to press O to find the Boutique, or to send a ticket if I have a problem, and there was nothing stickied in forums or announcements, etc. I had no way of knowing until AFTER I sank ALL of my in game savings into upgrades that these were not the best upgrades! And now I'm just screwed?? After I spent enough real life money to buy a small used car, and God only knows how much in game?

If I had known before I imbued them? No problem. I could have made an informed decision. I could have sold my stones and gotten citrines. But this is not a LITTLE mistake, this has all but bankrupted my account, and there is no indication of a way for me to have this undone.

At very least we should be able to ticket and have these stones returned to us from our equipment so that we can trade them if they were not an appropriate choice for us. That is the smallest courtesy PWI can do for players that have invested in a "typo" that was not announced in a timely matter to the community at large.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    alyona wrote: »
    At very least we should be able to ticket and have these stones returned to us from our equipment so that we can trade them if they were not an appropriate choice for us. That is the smallest courtesy PWI can do for players that have invested in a "typo" that was not announced in a timely matter to the community at large.

I think that would be fair, to have the stones removed from the gear and put back in the inventory.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, 1vit = 12 HP for venos. So, the Stones give you more hp than the citrines would.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have two Diamond of Tigers that I plan on putting in my Forest's Wisdom helmet... will these or will these not stack?

I don't want to waste 1m coin per imbue only to find myself wasting my shards AND coin. >>

GM Clarification please?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    alyona wrote: »

This would be kind of fair. It was a pretty big error on their end.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It was a text issue, if the item wasn't intended to have those stats we're not going to change them
    But... they work as the description states (+2% Crit, -6% Channeling, +20 Vit) on every other version of Perfect World they've been implemented in except this one. Are the stats not working as intended on the servers which have been out for several years or this one which is barely a year old?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They should have officially speech about this problem and give some compensation to these players. But I don't see any effort from GM to correct their mistake. People spent hundreds real dollars to buy it and is practically worthless. This is serious mistake. And GM is quiet. Just tell us, "sorry guys we make mistake".b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Text issue? lol.

I do agree that the least PWI can do is compensation for those who did spend their money on the game. Not that? At least apologize for the mistake that was brought forward? Not that either? At least sticky the thread b:chuckle

Not that either? Oh well, out of luck.

I'm sorry for those who did spend their money on stones that did only half of what they had stated[GladIdidn't.]. Does the effect work on the other PWI versions? Why so different from this one? Just can't skip out on this one, devs. Seriously.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bump to keep on 1st page of posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was just curious... I know PWI does not have the rights to change the actual ingame content, they just host the game and apply patches... So when they say they are not gonna change the items to the description stats, is it because they ''can't'' do it? The only thing they are ''allowed'' to do is translate the texts?

If so, I would understand why they won't change it to fit the description, but if the translation is all they can do, then they should at least find a way to give back something to the players who bought those stones... After all, the translation mistake was a 100% their fault...

What about doubling the items? You had 1, now you have 2. Even then, I know it'S not as good, cause it takes twice the number of sockets... But it would be a start...

By the way, no flaming please, I'm just throwing ideas here...
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Here's a finally tally of what the stats actually do:

Primeval Stone:
    +1 Crit to Weapon
    +10 Vit to Armor

Stone of the Savant:
    -3% Channeling
    +10 Vit to Armor

We'll try to get these descriptions fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and if you have any questions or concerns, please submit a ticket to customer support. Thanks!

I heard people saying "the GMs" said nothing about this and did not apologize?

We're trying to get the text corrected tonight hopefully. So in summary, this is what we've done:

-Corrected the text in the main news post here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/anniversary-gift-box--6151 Any other websites not affiliated with PWI may not have accurate information, and we cannot force them to correct it.

-Submitted the text correction for the client (this cannot be implemented without a maintenance)

- what Kantorek said above.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Question for eatwithspoons

What about stones that are already gemed, will thay change info also after update or stay with +20 text.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Question for eatwithspoons

What about stones that are already gemed, will thay change info also after update or stay with +20 text.

All stone text should be corrected with the patch, including those already gemmed
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok thx:) i would hate to see 20 vit forever while it add 10

would make me nutz most likey would purify b:surrender
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This thread makes me lol. Glad I quit.
  • drag217
    drag217 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Aina is on a roll! Yeah it makes you sparkle. Like.. if you were a vampire .. and you were worried about people seeing.. you sparkle.. in the sun. I know, ridiculous right?

Does the 2 stones gives off different colors of the sparkle? And I'm assuming you can't mix and match these stones into one piece to make it sparkle?
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The imformation on the gems is still not updated, yet this hasnt been made a sticky yet....

Had to find this post on the 3rd page of posts AGAIN... Im going to spam bump this thread until its made a sticky.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astarielle - Heavens Tear
    Astarielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks sadpuma, very helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:surprised b:chuckle
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    to the top!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Primeval Stone still says +2% crit, and Savant still says -6% Channeling... but it seems the vit stats have changed.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    yes, i noticed that on my weapon it still said -6% chan (still waiting on my ticket response), but the stones i put in my cape today said the corrected information.

Did they only update half of the stats? Or are the current stats at +10vit, +2% crit and -6 chan the correct ones now?

Either way, more miscommunication, once again this SHOULD BE MADE A STICKY!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yes, i noticed that on my weapon it still said -6% chan (still waiting on my ticket response), but the stones i put in my cape today said the corrected information.

Did they only update half of the stats? Or are the current stats at +10vit, +2% crit and -6 chan the correct ones now?

Either way, more miscommunication, once again this SHOULD BE MADE A STICKY!!!!!

I say someone probably messed up and forgot the change the rest of the text... b:cry
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exent wrote: »
    I say someone probably messed up and forgot the change the rest of the text... b:cry

Anddddd it won't have a chance to change until Tuesday either. So another few days of people assuming their text is correct if they don't check the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The imformation on the gems is still not updated, yet this hasnt been made a sticky yet....

Had to find this post on the 3rd page of posts AGAIN... Im going to spam bump this thread until its made a sticky.....

Or you could just read the patch notes. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=421232
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The people that read patch notes, are for the most part the same people that read forums (a minority of players), actually probably even less read patch notes. Patch notes on their own don't do a whole lot more to get the word out.

I realize there's only so many places where it can be said out of game, but I'm not sure why there's such reluctance to telling players in multiple places that there's an issue with items, particularly ones that cost as much money as these do.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Well, I stopped reading patch notes a while back bc there wasnt really any "notes" being put in them any more for some reason...

All the information in the patch notes as of late were the event stuff, not really what was patched....

When i first started playing the game the patch notes were very helpful as it contained everything that was going on, but you guys also had the events and news tabs as well. All the information in the events and news tabs is almost always in the patch notes, why double print it? Maybe you guys should just put what was patched in the patch notes, so people will know where to go for the latest info because right now, its not all that clear. Sometimes its in the forums, sometimes (apparently) its in the patch notes, sometimes not there at all....

Maybe you guys should make a new forum just for the GM's to post to for information that needs to be released and everyone should read. A localized area that everyone can know where to go to get the information they need. If new information arises that was not known (like this and the 1 * 10 pack) when the patch is put up than you can immediately put it there...

You guys already have the cabbage patch notes forum, not sure why when you can get the patch notes in other areas... But maybe you can expand this forum to include this new idea. It may be more work at first, but may alleviate some down the road once everyone gets used to it being the place to go for correct information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    to the top
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]