v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cause then their gear would be like normal and not any uber pimp anymore
    and they would be crying on forums cause they wasted 1k dollars for some lvl95 weapon etc :P

No.That is not why I just want to go as far it is now then I can work on my Veno.If I was the leading designer of this game the lvl cap would be 60.Don't forget there are 2 new classes coming onboard.

You high lvls have it already so don't complain.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My highest toon on this version is only 19, but I'd still like to see the lvl cap go up.

Just more stuff for me to experience later on.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The designers don't need to raise the lvl cap just make the map bigger and put some new mob AI in.I don't know about you but I do have real life out side of this game and I play a few others as well.

Wait till you get to my lvl instead of 19.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No.That is not why I just want to go as far it is now then I can work on my Veno.If I was the leading designer of this game the lvl cap would be 60.Don't forget there are 2 new classes coming onboard.

You high lvls have it already so don't complain.

With a level cap that low, the game would not be worth playing. The higher the level cap the better. That way you always have something to do.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did say on this version, did I not? I had a lvl 70ish barb on PW-MY, and I'd still like the lvl cap to be higher...

No need to talk down to me cus you are a massive lvl 60...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    With a level cap that low, the game would not be worth playing. The higher the level cap the better. That way you always have something to do.

There would be lots to do if new areas were openned up new mobs to fight.I don't know how it would look like with 4 or 5 sparks near your face and name.They could include a new dungeons areas like TT with new kind of mats new sets of armour and to get all classes maxxed that would take how many years?

I sure wouldn't want to pvp if the lvl cap were rasied as TW would start much later on takes the fun out of doing that.TW would start at 50 if the cap was at lvl 60 those on pvp server would like and TW would go on all week not just on weekends.

I am not talking down to you.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You reach max level then what? You can't advance your character, all the monsters will be easy to kill, getting new gear will have no point. New areas will have no point as there will be nothing to do there.

Another small, mostly unknown mmo coming out soon won't even have a level cap. Going to love that.
    Main characters
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suppose I should further explain my opinion.

I am for a lvl cap raise, but I also think they should add more content for lower lvls and adjust the exp rates.

I like how L2 did it. They raised the lvl cap, but added the vitality system (xp multipier based on how long your toon has been logged off), and a few different ways to lvl faster (like instances, and newbie buffs, etc). This helped the higher lvls, but also made it easier for lowbies to keep up (if not catch up).

If PWI did this, I think it would help the whole game a great deal.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suppose I should further explain my opinion.

I am for a lvl cap raise, but I also think they should add more content for lower lvls and adjust the exp rates.

I like how L2 did it. They raised the lvl cap, but added the vitality system (xp multipier based on how long your toon has been logged off), and a few different ways to lvl faster (like instances, and newbie buffs, etc). This helped the higher lvls, but also made it easier for lowbies to keep up (if not catch up).

If PWI did this, I think it would help the whole game a great deal.

PWI already did this. The new frost gives a lot of exp and even has a daily quest, there is also bounty hunter for more exp. Come to think of it, this 2x exp stuff may be part of the same trend.

They may be planning to raise the level cap soon!b:victory
    Main characters
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You reach max level then what? You can't advance your character, all the monsters will be easy to kill, getting new gear will have no point. New areas will have no point as there will be nothing to do there.

Another small, mostly unknown mmo coming out soon won't even have a level cap. Going to love that.

When you will reach highest level? It take years to reach 105. Maybe 5 or more. And what about your reputation how high is it? It lower for sure than 200k. Or do you have already warsoul weapon? So you still have years to level up and also years to fill up reputation so you have lot of work.
    I agree with member above you. What is needed is bigger map, new dungeons and new gear.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    When you will reach highest level? It take years to reach 105. Maybe 5 or more. And what about your reputation how high is it? It lower for sure than 200k. Or do you have already warsoul weapon? So you still have years to level up and also years to fill up reputation so you have lot of work.
    I agree with member above you. What is needed is bigger map, new dungeons and new gear.

Years to reach 105, I'd love it! Keeps me playing as I reach my other goals. Once I hit max level, everything else is null, the game is over.
    Main characters
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

I would like to point out something look at you lvl and look at my lvl if the lvl cap was rasied. I would never catch up to you.I want to get to the end as well so I can choose sage or demon and maybe start doing some TW.

I would like to get to 93 as well but I am still months off for attaining that at the rate I am going as I like taking my time.I like taking a break from the grind and do or play something else.I play another game were the lvl cap is 20.
  • mumintroll
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Years to reach 105, I'd love it! Keeps me playing as I reach my other goals. Once I hit max level, everything else is null, the game is over.

Count with me. For level you need exp.
    lv103 1,339,080,000
    lv104 1,750,000,000
    lv105 1,750,000,000

How much time it take to get these experience? If you earn 1 000 000 exp per day, it would take years to just get to lv. 103 and where is lv 105?b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Count with me. For level you need exp.
    lv103 1,339,080,000
    lv104 1,750,000,000
    lv105 1,750,000,000

How much time it take to get these experience? If you earn 1 000 000 exp per day, it would take years to just get to lv. 103 and where is lv 105?b:chuckle

I know the exp rates, I also level slow on purpose so I don't even get that high. The longer it takes me to level, the better.
    Main characters
  • mumintroll
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know the exp rates, I also level slow on purpose so I don't even get that high. The longer it takes me to level, the better.

If I'm correct You have to play at least next 20 years to get to last level, even more. So They don't need rise cup level.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If I'm correct You have to play at least next 20 years to get to last level, even more. So They don't need rise cup level.

Which means I won't get bored playing this.
    Main characters
  • mumintroll
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Which means I won't get bored playing this.

yep. You can be sure. b:pleased
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    100-105 is called soft cap :)
    there are level 106s roaming the map in unavailable locations, there IS no cap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think this is mostly the reason for the anniversay packs, ppl were leveling too slow. whats the point in PWI putting out all these expansions and stuff if ppl most ppl are net even lvl 90? Really im sure they want to realease new end game stuff but whats the point ? with the anniversary boxes ppl are getting rich . They are getting weapons that they may have never had the chance to get. I hear the other versions of PWI the general player base is much higher in level. Second, if u think about it PWI makes more $$$ the higher up ppl go in level . You spend more on charms, refinement etc. Maybe they just wanna see more ppl get up over lvl 100 before they start working on some serious expansions.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kanel321 wrote: »
    I think this is mostly the reason for the anniversay packs, ppl were leveling too slow. whats the point in PWI putting out all these expansions and stuff if ppl most ppl are net even lvl 90? Really im sure they want to realease new end game stuff but whats the point ? with the anniversary boxes ppl are getting rich . They are getting weapons that they may have never had the chance to get. I hear the other versions of PWI the general player base is much higher in level. Second, if u think about it PWI makes more $$$ the higher up ppl go in level . You spend more on charms, refinement etc. Maybe they just wanna see more ppl get up over lvl 100 before they start working on some serious expansions.

2x exp event anyone?

A JD GM admitted the exp event there is really just being used to get the general player level up so they can add new content based on high level stuff.
    Main characters
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there are level 106s roaming the map in unavailable locations, there IS no cap

That could be there for fun it is not like we can't kill above our lvl.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That could be there for fun it is not like we can't kill above our lvl.

Look at the auction house. There are listings for gear into the 130s. A level 115 mold has been spotted in the AH. There is no doubt the level cap will go up. The only question is, when it will go up.
    Main characters
  • kanel321
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my guess is that this will be included with the Tideborn
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

have you not kept up with the game at all? what is rebirth? what is bounty hunter? what is cube? gone are the days of grinding to 100 man...people go up so fast compared to before. didn't you see the threads a couple of months ago? people were like "it used to be a special thing when someone reached demon/sage cult, now i see it everywhere"
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • kanel321
    edited September 2009
    Options
    have you not kept up with the game at all? what is rebirth? what is bounty hunter? what is cube? gone are the days of grinding to 100 man...people go up so fast compared to before. didn't you see the threads a couple of months ago? people were like "it used to be a special thing when someone reached demon/sage cult, now i see it everywhere"
    did i say anything about zhenning ?? all the modes u listed are ways to get serious amounts of xp in a a short amount of time. However xp only goes so far. Those events are also restricted to those who have some coin in the bank . There were no events previoulsy that gave weapons or mass amount of coins in the way that the anniversary packs do . I made millions of this event and have lots of my end game gear sitting in my bank. Its a way to move ppl forward. Not everyone can afford to do rebirth or bh or cube .
  • Oichii - Dreamweaver
    Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been playing this game for a while, and I've always stayed confident and calm that this game would make correct decisions, but this new event is pretty disgraceful to say the least. However, I have confidence that the PWI staff altogether will strive to correct this horrible decision.

I know the GMs/mods will not like it, and will strongly disagree when I say that a lot of people will be quitting this game, but just log on the game yourselves and see what is happening. This event of giving out items that we've all worked so hard for... for a dollar, is a little overboard.

I agree to what this person has to say. The GMs can clearly see whats going on here. When you have a single Thread with thousands of posts, would u care to Ignore them just for the sake of the few cash shoppers that arent saying anything because they are having a fun time ? b:angry

If any GM is out there and even cares, I request them to take notice of this situation immediately and do something about this. Oh wait, Please dont make it another cash shop only "Game Balancing" event... ~Facepalm~ b:sad
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did i say anything about Zhenning??? All of the modes you listed are ways to get serious amounts of XP in a a short amount of time. However XP only goes so far. Those events are also restricted to those who have some coin in the bank. There were no events previously that gave weapons or mass amount of coins in the way that the anniversary packs do. I made millions of this event and have lots of my end game gear sitting in my bank. Its a way to move people forward. Not everyone can afford to do rebirth or BH or Cube.

So you are suggesting that the game was not slanted heavily enough towards the cash shop users, and this update rectified that? Funny, while I respect your position, me and the people here complaining feel the exact opposite way.

To use your words:

"Not everyone can afford [a wallet race]."
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So you are suggesting that the game was not slanted heavily enough towards the cash shop users, and this update rectified that? Funny, while I respect your position, me and the people here complaining feel the exact opposite way.

To use your words:

"Not everyone can afford [a wallet race]."

True. I'm working so money is not a problem for me. But I'm worried about unbalance game. They sell end game gear to any1. So you don't have to farm mats anymore. Everything what you need is just money.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is a game. You use your money to buy the way of winning.
    That's sad. b:bye
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    IMO They should remove the pack next maintenance, edit its content to remove the items people feel are overpowered, then reintroduce it at a later date, but with the option to buy it from an NPC as well for ingame coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.