HP vs PHY RES

Comments

• Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Vit adds to all defences.

Mag adds to Mag Def.

Str adds to PDef.

Vit adds more than mag or str I think.

Vit BARELY adds to pdef, 10 hp and .5 pdef per point NOT WORTH IT, Wiz is glass cannon stick with armor pdef cape helm HP and pdef waist and neck and any squishiness after that, well u chose glass cannon not tank so sorry that's life
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I should have named my wizord Glasscannon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I should have named my wizord Glasscannon

im called firecannon, just dont send me some water...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ... I think Vit is at least worth looking at. For those of us that don't have an unlimited budget, its difficult to balance everything. Assuming you go arcane at 90, most people are going to shard some pdef for obvious reasons, and the hp suffers a bit. I was playing around with mostly +4 or +5 armors and I was looking at about 3.5k hp and 4.6k pdef (all g6 garnets and only self buffed). I could play around with adding some hp shards in the middle to add a bit more hp, but then the pdef would suffer. If I were to add an extra... 50 vit (taking the number from Kristoph) you would end up getting an extra 500 hp (extra about 15% hp) while only sacrificing about 700 magic atk (with pvp penalty.. 175 dmg per hit, also note that cleric buffs do not affect the difference in damage). I'm not sure, but I'd assume that extra 175 dmg you'd do with those 50pts in maq would then go through somebody's magic reductions to make that number even smaller. I really can't say how much damage you do at 90 (I'd guess it'd be all over the place, but.. by adding that 50 vit you'd be losing a little less than 10% of your magic atk) but considering that damage is calculated on most moves by magic atk + some percent of your weapon damage + some number... that little hit on magic attack really wouldn't affect your overall damage much.

I still don't know exactly what I'm going to do when I hit 90, but I would at least look at vit. All my calculations were done on PWcalc and using a +6 HH 90 glaive with one flawless in it.. rly dunno if that made a difference, but just in case somebody was curious :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    garnet doesnt stack with stone barrier b00ns
    How much did you pay for your account? You can't seriously be this **** @ Lv98.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Oh, yes they can... b:laugh
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    He's a pro from heavens tear, where Wizards use 90 pataka's and don't use undine strike.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
    edited September 2009
    its been chewed so many times
    garnet doesnt stack with stone barrier b00ns
    arcane or LA go hp gems ...ALWAYS.
    if u r arcane , BLUE GEAR > 90% MOLDS AND TT
    no other build for wiz other than LA or arcane.
    if u r gonna be LA or arcane, depends on how rich you are...
    other builds are for chobos...

p.s. would like to please players who "think" that they are talking good stuff when they are talking complete **** to think twice and to consult before they make a post. thank you very much <3
    gooo wizzieees

hope u buy ur account cheaper becuz this post is 1 of the main failed wiz post i ever saw in my life!!!

let me lv69wiz teatch u lv98 how this works -.-
    stone barrier(assuming is lv10) make ur pdef 2 times bigger...wich means EVERY DAMN FREAK THINK THAT GIVES PDEF FROM GEAR GET +100%(X2) BONUS...garnets too.
    stone barrier oly dont stack wiht other pdef buffs. let me explain better
    if u have 1k pdef wiht 0 buffs, teh u get bm buff and u up to 1.4kpdef if u do stone barrier(+100%) u will get 2.4kpdef instead of 2.8k pdef.all buffs are aply to based pdef(the pdef u see when u have 0 buffs)..hope u understand
    He's a pro from heavens tear, where Wizards use 90 pataka's and don't use undine strike.

i see >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Vezz has an alt? b:chuckle
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009

tbh I still wonder wtf the other lv90-96 wizards are doing on lost city. There's like 5+ in CQ that I can **** 1v1, while their BTs are doing 3-3.5k on me. They have no HP and have no high damage. What do they have? b:surrender

they have um... cookies and pie? b:chuckle
    also me am leveling as fast as me possibly can DX which isn't as fast as me would like b:cry so see you soon? O.o'

<---joined aug 2009 and me am 54 only (T.T) not fast enough DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well wow **** if u were in the game from the beginig you'd know what i am talking about...garnets didnt stack the stone barrier before in first versions. from then till now it got quite obvious only a complete and utter noob would go garneting his/her equip...
    besides..why you so freakin woosie to go garnet in equip ? instead of that , just go LA, makes u look less dumb...
    bring me more noobs with garnets in equips cuz i like to do a facepalm, a double one from jean-luc picard.
    <3 noobs
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ..............b:sweat
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009

awww low blow... but so true b:chuckle
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    well wow **** if u were in the game from the beginig you'd know what i am talking about...garnets didnt stack the stone barrier before in first versions. from then till now it got quite obvious only a complete and utter noob would go garneting his/her equip...
    besides..why you so freakin woosie to go garnet in equip ? instead of that , just go LA, makes u look less dumb...
    bring me more noobs with garnets in equips cuz i like to do a facepalm, a double one from jean-luc picard.
    <3 noobs
    Have fun being a oneshot, trash.

And older versions have little to do with the current version. Garnets have stacked with Stone Barrier for the past YEAR.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL... it's so funny... he's a living proof of those, who bought EXP scrolls to level xD

how could a high level talks so noob...

maybe my lvl 8 wiz is still better... AT LEAST i have the plan to use Undine Strike when i reach lvl 79 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im going to make a wizard soon. i love all the flames in this section.
    edited September 2009

wizard=DD=dmg ingame=flames i forum.....

jeez
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    a wizard is just a cleric with bad buffs and heals
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A wizard is a cleric that can actually kill things in pvp b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u have got to be kidding me, vit is great? 10 fricken HP per point, vit is not great for wiz it is **** and dumb stick to BM posts chief

This coming from a lv 17 cleric(keep to ur own forums)
    Im a lv 76 wizard and i have some of the best gear in the game. in order to be good at HH or TT i would get gear that reduces damage taken(i.e Dark pants of hades, helm of aqau viscous, Equine talisman, stuff like that. hell it even helps in pvp for the most part if u shard it right. i have 2.6k hp and 3.2k pdef and i am a arcane wizard. if u wanna play a wizard class you have to drop some money on ur gear if u dont like doing that roll a barb and put it all into hp and be able to tank just bout anything. in my opinion on the shards go with pdef it stacks with earth barrier and is really nice when you are fully buffed with 5k pdef and 3.5k hp at a lv 76b:laugh makes u hard to kill and a hell of a damage dealer with a good wep( sakyumunies light with 2 immaculant sapphires and +5^^) other than that have fun playing a wizard and remeber to kite in pvpb:victory
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2009

o and yes wizards are great(my favorite class) i just love the big numbers that shows up over ur opponents head when u watch his health bar go from this
    l l(full bar the damn forum is just glitching)
    to this
    ll
    in oneshot
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    This coming from a lv 17 cleric(keep to ur own forums)
    Im a lv 76 wizard and i have some of the best gear in the game. in order to be good at HH or TT i would get gear that reduces damage taken(i.e Dark pants of hades, helm of aqau viscous, Equine talisman, stuff like that. hell it even helps in pvp for the most part if u shard it right. i have 2.6k hp and 3.2k pdef and i am a arcane wizard. if u wanna play a wizard class you have to drop some money on ur gear if u dont like doing that roll a barb and put it all into hp and be able to tank just bout anything. in my opinion on the shards go with pdef it stacks with earth barrier and is really nice when you are fully buffed with 5k pdef and 3.5k hp at a lv 76b:laugh makes u hard to kill and a hell of a damage dealer with a good wep( sakyumunies light with 2 immaculant sapphires and +5^^) other than that have fun playing a wizard and remeber to kite in pvpb:victory
    Too bad you're a horrible wizard, regardless of the gear you use.
  • BobTheTank - Harshlands
    BobTheTank - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I might be a noob but I think you should get Physical Resistance. Since (I read somewhere) that while healing having 2k hp and 50% resist is better than 4k hp and no resist. Since the monster will do the same damage proportional to hp, and the 2k hp will heal faster.

P.S. I think my grammar sucks in that paragraph.
    edited September 2009
    I might be a noob but I think you should get Physical Resistance. Since (I read somewhere) that while healing having 2k hp and 50% resist is better than 4k hp and no resist. Since the monster will do the same damage proportional to hp, and the 2k hp will heal faster.

P.S. I think my grammar sucks in that paragraph.

thx but wiz and barb and not the same...btw we easy got 1 shot b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    geez...

forget about those phys def... just add as many HP as you can ~

mobs higher level 60+ do mostly magic damage... and:

more HP = longer life = survive better ~

and also go pure MAG build... since all the wiz need is:

to KILL... or to be killed ~

so, MAX your MAG to do spike/ HIGH damages and to ONE shot kill ANYTHING (PvP/ PvE) !!!

for your armours: just add Citrine (HP) Shards + Refinements... for MORE HP bonuses ~

that's all... cya <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Have fun being a oneshot, trash.

And older versions have little to do with the current version. Garnets have stacked with Stone Barrier for the past YEAR.

have fun being a poor whining noob who cant afford refinements and running around like a **** who cant do **** <3

sry i forgot usually poor whining b1tchy wizards are putting garnets in their gear :(

do some calculation on refinements for homework and then write with permanent marker on your forehead "dork".

only time i have been one shot was when some archer sparked and got lucky critical. so much fun about lucky shots.

anyway have fun chobos b:pleased
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    mobs higher level 60+ do mostly magic damage... and:

You're on Lost City and you say this?

{edit] Sorry didnt see it was a necro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    have fun being a poor whining noob who cant afford refinements and running around like a **** who cant do **** <3
    lol I'm pretty sure I have more money than you do.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    hahaha so weak
    more QQ kthxbye
    RUBBERBAND \o/