Lobster mount bug?

Options

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My faction leader was talking about seeing an actual arrow on the lobster. There was one running around us last night, I never saw anything but the lobster. Both of our In Game settings were maxed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think its more of a game glitch than our computer hardware b:bye
  • Zombii - Lost City
    Zombii - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My god...i thought i was the only one, i hope it gets fixed soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]UNDEAD.TOPDISCUSSION.COM
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's gotta be a game glitch on certain types of hardware because some see it and some don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's gotta be a game glitch on certain types of hardware because some see it and some don't.

Either way it's not our fault, its the game's fault
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Either way it's not our fault, its the game's fault

Most definitely, but they need to find what's causing it which is harder when it doesn't affect everyone.

I'd suggest everyone who sees it post their info in that linked thread to help them find the problem quicker so it can be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akikoa - Dreamweaver
    Akikoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've seen no such thing on the radioactive crustaceans, you're all insane.
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm running a brand new machine with top line parts and the lobbys are stealing my soul with demon lines x.X
    and mine are grey xD
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I want someone who is having problems with this post a dxdiag ._.

Im very confident that this isnt only an Intel issue as a GM has stated in the other thread.

To GM's: Not to sound rude, but do not be posting such comments if you honestly don't know why a user is having a certain issue. It just makes they unsuspecting player believe you and start to worry "wtf whats wrong with my machine" then they spend cash trying to fix a problem that needs to be fixed on the games end.

Its not our machines, its YOUR side, once again.

If it was on our end, I'm pretty sure many npc's/mounts and possily buildings would have the same effect. But c'mon... 1(NEW) mount is having the issue? Seriously? And you tell us in a second without looking into it that its on our end without a doubt...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The visual effects are based on your hardware's features that it can handle.

I'm betting the lobster has a visual effect or shader applied to it that your video cards don't like, or the driver interprets it weird for some reason.

Not everyone has this issue, otherwise there would be millions of posts, and we could reproduce it in our office on our test machines.

We are looking into it, but we just need more data from you all.

So please...

I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

or follow this...

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • PanDhamon - Lost City
    PanDhamon - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know, I wonder if it does actually have anything to do with hardware. I always have all of my graphical settings on their lowest possible setting, and I can usually be around the lobsters no problem. But I HAVE seen the weird demon lines on only a couple of lobsters. So what could it be? I mean, it seems to be a VERY inconsistant problem...what if it's due to something that the OWNER of the mount could unknowingly be responsible for?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    nvm . . . . . . .
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have this same issue actually, not with an integrated graphic card...

Looks like it's a widespread problem to many players actually : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=411802
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *waits for a certain GM to blame the users' machine*
    Congratulation, you win a no-prize : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=408442
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Widespread=majority of our players. This is NOT the case, please do not try to spread that this is fact when it is not.

The game uses a variety of pixel and vertex shaders, among other 3d and graphical effects. Some of these effects may not be supported on all users machines.

So it would be helpful for you all to post your video chipset info here with a screenshot of YOUR line graphic glitch (your player name should be in the screenshot), so hopefully we can establish a pattern, and can then pass it on to the devs.

If there is a pattern established, then maybe we can have a certain lobster effect changed somewhat to help with this issue.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Widespread=majority of our players. This is NOT the case, please do not try to spread that this is fact when it is not.

The game uses a variety of pixel and vertex shaders, among other 3d and graphical effects. Some of these effects may not be supported on all users machines.

So it would be helpful for you all to post your video chipset info here with a screenshot of YOUR line graphic glitch (your player name should be in the screenshot), so hopefully we can establish a pattern, and can then pass it on to the devs.

If there is a pattern established, then maybe we can have a certain lobster effect changed somewhat to help with this issue.

To help darthpanda's request, I have made my own research and testing.

So far I came to the conclusion that the 'lobster bug' happens most of the times on graphics cards (integrated or not) that support pixel shaders 2.0 by software. However, I can't conclude yet if it's because the graphic card's build or drivers issue.

I have a Acer 4710 with an integrated GM945 Intel and I have the same issue when I go to archosaur or any crowded place.

Graphics cards that does pixel shader support by hardware doesn't seems to suffer this bug.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info!

That would make sense somewhat because of the effects that mount has!
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know, I used to see something very similar to this happen to the models of the skeletal being mobs. I took a break from PW to play Ether Saga for awhile and uninstalled PW. When I reinstalled later, the effect was gone and the models appeared to be just fine. In the time that I was playing Ether Saga, I made no changes or updates to my graphic settings/card. Now, I'm seeing the same thing happen to the lobster mounts. I tried to uninstall/reinstall to fix this, but to no avail. I'm thinking that maybe a file is missing or corrupt that deals with that mount in particular, something that a simple patch could fix.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The skeleton issue was actually universal; the lobster issue is limited to certain people.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    The skeleton issue was actually universal; the lobster issue is limited to certain people.

Oh. Well, I tried. b:surrender
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree with Surtr, no one was immune from the skeleton glitch. The lobster mount glitch, not so easy to reproduce.

We were VERY grateful when the skeletons got fixed b:victory
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree with Surtr, no one was immune from the skeleton glitch. The lobster mount glitch, not so easy to reproduce.

Actually, is quite easy. Just grab any Dell, Acer or HP notebook that has an Intel integrated graphics card and thats it. b:pleased
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It has to be an older one; the newer Intel chipsets have hardware-based shader support.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• SilentVoid - Dreamweaver
    SilentVoid - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that looks cool
  • SanguineCho - Harshlands
    SanguineCho - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I too see the lobster lines. But I don't know what anyone is talking about. D: I know nothing of chipsets etc! Speak human language. b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • BloodJunky - Harshlands
    BloodJunky - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not at all a "graphics card issue"

It's an incompatibility issue with some part of perfect world and the lobster graphics and certain computers. The "graphics card" excuse was made up because the devs are basically too lazy to fix it.

Quite a large number of players have this problem. I have it on my game too. Looks like god decided to put them all on leashes lol. Makes the game look appallingly amateurish and badly made =/

well this is definatly the problem.

and surtr i bought my computer last year, is that really old?
  • BloodJunky - Harshlands
    BloodJunky - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The lobster mounts seem to have this line from the sky going into the mount. I've fiddled with my UI settings and it still seems to be there.
    This is happening on ALL lobster mounts, and it quite annoying if more then 1 are in the same area.

Please see SS.
    how to fix? b:cry [IMG][/img]wtf.jpg

this is exactly what i see

intel(R) g33/31 family chip
    chip type :intel(R) GMA 3100, does not support pixel shader 3.0 i know for a fact..if that helps at all.

but this is the only graphical error i have...so i would think this could b fixed..

and sometimes the **** end of the lobster where it has the little bubble effects or w/e it is is completely grey to me also,but this i see rarely..the "line" is a constant annoyance
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lobsterglitch.jpg

directxdiag.jpg

Wanted to point something out on this.

This DirectXdiag is screenied on my dell e1705 that I am in the process of refurbishing. Its about 4 years old, so that would explain why the chipset is so old.

On my newer dell pc, I dont have the lobster issue. But when I just did a fresh install of PWI on my little project laptop, I noticed the lobster issue.

I will post a DirectXdiag from my dell pc in a bit, so you can compare for your dev's to figure it out.

Hope this will be some help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am seeing the lines from the lobster and from the new flyer, waning cloud.

Image2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.