Lobster mount bug?

Options
Dax_ - Lost City
Dax_ - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
The lobster mounts seem to have this line from the sky going into the mount. I've fiddled with my UI settings and it still seems to be there.
This is happening on ALL lobster mounts, and it quite annoying if more then 1 are in the same area.

Please see SS.
how to fix? b:cry [IMG][/img]wtf.jpg
Post edited by Dax_ - Lost City on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is a video graphics issue on your end.

Try lowering your in-game graphic Settings to lower settings and turn off effects.

I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Dax_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden i'm having problems and it's only with this particular item. I keep the settings the same-- always.

Now see my **** computer b:surrender

info.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ah, another "wonderful" Intel video chipset b:sad

Go to your system manufacturer's website and see if they have updated drivers for it.

Your system could also be overheating or malfunctioning.

Did you turn down all of the in-game graphic settings?

Did you turn off your PC for a few minutes and then turn it back on?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear
    XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lol I know whats rong and thats only because i am a Cert. Tech. =P
    How ever i am not going to be responsable for anything going rong with your pc.
    I will keep a close wach on this topic though to see where darth leads you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: Heavens Tear | Faction: Cathedral
    -=FB/TT/TW/Web Site/Forums/GSC=-
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To the dark side, to the dark side...

of the bamboo forest...

oh look, food!

b:laugh
  • Dax_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I updated drivers, lowered all settings and that line is still there.
    (Did what you said... and it's still the same)

Why is this only appearing on this 1 item, and only starting now? Again, I've never had this problem before b:surrender
  • Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary
    Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yep me too, since update was done, each time i come across a player with a Lobster mount they have that grey line coming out of the mount.
    I did ask one player who was on a Lob Mount if they too could see it, they could not. But i have noticed many players making a comment about it in the Chat.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i do have to admit, but this has happened to me too, and this is with my pw graphics low, and with best peformance on too. that line is wierd XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Integrated Chipset = phail gaming

sorry, but it's the plain truth...

even a crappy AGP/PCI card that's hellishly ancient (mine is like 5 years old.. at least b:surrender) can handle what the most recent and up-to-date integrated chips cannot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok BarbX, what do you suggest?
  • Dax_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sooo... I need a new graphics card?
  • NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but whenever I seem to be within range of a lobster mount, I'm seeing grey lines extend from my character to the mount. I'll post pictures later.

But has anyone else been seeing this? It's almost like having Lobster-dar.O_O
  • dandanxp
    dandanxp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mine are blue.
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've seen no such thing.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hm... haven't really taken notice of this when I'm near one, but I'll check if I come across them again.
    Belligero
  • Davester - Lost City
    Davester - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but whenever I seem to be within range of a lobster mount, I'm seeing grey lines extend from my character to the mount. I'll post pictures later.

Same... It's really weird it goes from the upper left and bottom left corners
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i see brown lines on my screen.. its kinda annoying.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well at least im not alone in seeing that grey line so i feel better, lol. For me i dont really care as long as its not gonna freeze my computer or ruin my gameplay so i guess im gonna have to live with it until i get my new computer.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hmm because of ddi 9Ex probably? shouldnt it be higher? If you have Windows Vista, it supports DDI 10. You should check the DirectX Version...

EDIT: >.> may i know why the hell a lobster cant swim?.....
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • wynke
    wynke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is a graphical glitch in the coding of the lobsters. The "lines" (thicker grey and thinner blue side by side), when seen close up are almost like a very elongated but squared off cone. It's fattest near the mount, and seems to stretch to infinity "heavenward", getting thinner and thinner as it goes.

I've seen it on both of a pair of lobster mounts sitting together in middle of Etherblade. I can follow the progress of one thru the city when sitting on a rooftop in Archosaur. It is THAT easy to spot!

I think it happens in both optimized and HQ/HD graphical settings for me, but can't be abolutely sure. I generally run hi quality in Ether, and optimize in Arch (obviously to minimize lag issues in Arch >.< ).

I hope they fix that coding/modeling soon, for the sake of the people who have those nice prizes. It's like getting a nice gift in the mail, only to find it already broken from shipping. b:cry
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

That's the lobster stealing your soul.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's the lobster stealing your soul.

AND IT CANT SWIM! b:laugh
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My lines are lobster colored, it's a red line from me to the lobster. It's probably a broken polygon.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Dax_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wynke wrote: »

I've seen it on both of a pair of lobster mounts sitting together in middle of Etherblade. I can follow the progress of one thru the city when sitting on a rooftop in Archosaur. It is THAT easy to spot!

HAHA yes, I can tell when a mount is in the area without it even being on my screen

it's very annoying b:angry
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *waits for a certain GM to blame the users' machine*
  • Dax_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    check my post in the tech forum... they did
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Looks like video artifacts to me. I haven't had it happen to me, but I've only run across one lobster mount so far.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would blame a user's crappy intel gfx if there was only 1 person experiencing this issue. But, multiple users with the same problem, probably not overheating or anything.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
This discussion has been closed.