New race/classes

13»

Comments

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Its a nice idea, wouldn't have thought of it myself so there goes a good thumbs up for that! But.... <.<

If they made that new race/class, it wouldn't be fair for us, the ones who already played before to suddenly be popped up with "Humans, Untamed, Winged Elves, Aquatans?!" Since then we'd have to restart all over with a new character, etc.

But yeah, great idea though! b:cuteb:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • PReseme - Heavens Tear
    PReseme - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I Give an A+ for imagination on that skill list lol but what pets and/or Flying items would you give to this new race that wouldnt impeed on the other races?
    BEdward - Blademasterb :heart
    CEdward - Cleric b:cute
    AReseme - VenoMaster b:mischievous
    PReseme - Archer Retired (sisters toon) b:sweat (to be remade on her own account)
  • pwnmato
    pwnmato Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I Give an A+ for imagination on that skill list lol but what pets and/or Flying items would you give to this new race that wouldnt impeed on the other races?

pets would prolly be a cute little turtle :), the best flying mount you could possibly get is the Sea Demon, which is about 4x bigger than your character, about the size of the duck thing in the Boutique, the land mount will be squirtle. JK...prolly a land/water mount would be a regular turtle :o
  • pwnmato
    edited August 2009

cant possibly be my idea, psychic and assassin...doesnt sound NEARLY as epic as harpoonist and seadruid....
  • pwnmato
    edited September 2009
    Its a nice idea, wouldn't have thought of it myself so there goes a good thumbs up for that! But.... <.<

If they made that new race/class, it wouldn't be fair for us, the ones who already played before to suddenly be popped up with "Humans, Untamed, Winged Elves, Aquatans?!" Since then we'd have to restart all over with a new character, etc.

But yeah, great idea though! b:cuteb:bye

you dont have to restart with a new character...you dont need to delete your other characters to play this characer...and if you dont want to make the new character, then you dont have to...look how WoW does it...they are coming out with Cataclysm...2 new races, goblins and worgens...sure, EVERYONE will play them because they WANT to, but does that upset them because they gotta make a new character? no...its a positive thing, u dont got to do it.
  • Alskdjf - Heavens Tear
    Alskdjf - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    theres gonna be a new race and its alot like wut u said lmao

there names are gona be the TideBorn though but really gud u may have influenced them to tdo it or sumtin 10 thumbs up LMAO
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So basicly you want naga people.
    It's too hard to implement new classes. You need a starting point, loads of quests until lvl 20 with new mobs, new role in a party and all that.

You got so pwned by the new patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    pwnmato wrote: »
    you dont have to restart with a new character...you dont need to delete your other characters to play this characer...and if you dont want to make the new character, then you dont have to...look how WoW does it...they are coming out with Cataclysm...2 new races, goblins and worgens...sure, EVERYONE will play them because they WANT to, but does that upset them because they gotta make a new character? no...its a positive thing, u dont got to do it.

Well.............. True......... <.<
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol i thin the OP is a dev in disguise . the storyline set down here is waaaaay to similar to what thay have for the new racexD b:laugh (execpt the classes)
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the best part is that ppl were voting lame until a sneak peak was released b:chuckle
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • savakie
    savakie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    there shoould be a class called beheamothborn that are like half person helf beheamoth. the beheamoth is a huge animal like purplish blue colored monster. the monster has huge tusks and three big claws on each foot and a tail. it only apears on the week of the beheamoth ( or maybe month ) were you can chalenge the beheamoth at a airship by the lost city.the beheamoth mostly tries to crush you under its foot but occasionally breaths fire or makes earth quakes.beheamothborn classes are rouge and necromancer ( ou can summon dead stuff to your side and all mutant monsters can be petafide but only mutant ) i hope you like it.
  • Sadie_Doll - Heavens Tear
    Sadie_Doll - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think it's a cool idea, I've allready started to think on names. But I don't think this idea will ever see the light of day. Storyline wise, its doable. They could be a forgotten race that no one remembers. Or a race of sea creatures that were allready here, but have since evolved

The newest race is called the Tideborn, ancient and powerful beings that dwell underwater. Having previously existed for thousands of years, unknown by the rest of the denizens of Perfect World, their addition will add a new layer of story to the game to uncover the Tideborn

Sounds a lot like what you said huh Swoopy?

I guess all those who said it would never happen can now eat their words. You included
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who is this irrestible creature who has an insaciable love for the dead?

LIVING DEAD GIRL.

Rage in the cage, and **** upon the stage
    Only one sure way to bring the giant down
    Defunct the strings of cemetary things
    With one flat foot on the devil's wing

Crawl on me
    Sink into me
    Die for me
    Living Dead Girl
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    Swoop - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    mogwai wrote: »
    the best part is that ppl were voting lame until a sneak peak was released b:chuckle

That is because most people are sheep. They have to mind of their own, they just follow what others like. What I find weird is the background story that I had in my head, which I thought would work, is almost identical to the background story of this new race. (As Sadie_Doll also pointed out, Luv ya Sadie b:kiss)

But hey, mass kudos to pwnmato for having this idea without ever seeing any previews b:victory
    You'll never see me running away, I will stay to be

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

Images blur, I'm coming alive
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The newest race is called the Tideborn, ancient and powerful beings that dwell underwater. Having previously existed for thousands of years, unknown by the rest of the denizens of Perfect World, their addition will add a new layer of story to the game to uncover the Tideborn

Sounds a lot like what you said huh Swoopy?

I guess all those who said it would never happen can now eat their words. You included

I know Sadie, I feel shame b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• Julian___ - Dreamweaver
    Julian___ - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ehh im just thinking it would make a little more sense

I think we other races should be able to go there underwater and the home land should be on land, not water, or maybe land AND water. I'd love to go there but a underwater city would be weird. The water mounts do sound reasonable though.I love the forms. But the idea is awesome!!! b:victory
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    You would have to make it they were sworn to secrecy (that is why we have not heard of them until now), but on their death bed, they revealed to their sons the story of the aquatans, and sworn to secrecy, until such a time as the aquatans revelead themselves to the world.

That would explain how come people did not know about them, and it ties in to the humans and wraiths. I think :)

I like mine better. b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• Rhyss - Dreamweaver
    Rhyss - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im excited. I just started the game so I dont have much invested in my cleric. Psychic sounds like real fun!!!
    Rhyss - Ever friendly Cleric.
    Guild - Exiled
    <---- I am not a boy b:chuckle
  • pwnmato
    edited September 2009
    I think we other races should be able to go there underwater and the home land should be on land, not water, or maybe land AND water. I'd love to go there but a underwater city would be weird. The water mounts do sound reasonable though.I love the forms. But the idea is awesome!!! b:victory

The main city is on land, it is surrounded by waterfalls and the entrance is through giant transparent bridges, just check on the mobs/place list.
  • DragonBain - Lost City
    DragonBain - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have ideas 4 the assasin
    i hope it doesnt turn out 2 be all ninja like cause alot of other games r coming out with ninja and most of them r lame
    i had this idea about ninja in another game but it was said 2 late and they alraedy made the basic fighting system 4 it
    assasin could hold 1 tyep of melee weapon in his/her hand while the other has a small ranged type weapon.
    my idea is that it looks like a giant Star shaped weapon that can wreak havoc but has a chain on the end which limits it range but makes it aoe.
    also give this class high dex, decent def, low hp but make it have fist weapon path along with the range weapon i just said.
    about the melee weapon i first mention i have no idea you guys can invent that 1 unless i come up with something lol b:laugh
    i'm guessing poisin type atks r out cause of bm spear path
    we could make it(like i said b4) a fist weapon path since those kinds of bms r hard 2 make
    this class could specialize in it + it would be great in TT with that kinda power
    maybe assasin could have....powers that let them go un detected? idk my imagination died since school's ebout 2 start, tho i cant w8 2 get my junior priveledges in motion :D
    The Seventh Endogata...
    *Singh is King*
  • pwnmato
    edited September 2009
    That is because most people are sheep. They have to mind of their own, they just follow what others like. What I find weird is the background story that I had in my head, which I thought would work, is almost identical to the background story of this new race. (As Sadie_Doll also pointed out, Luv ya Sadie b:kiss)

But hey, mass kudos to pwnmato for having this idea without ever seeing any previews b:victory

thanks a lot, this is kind of weird tho because a vid game developer is actually what i want to be someday...hmm
  • pwnmato
    edited September 2009
    i hope it doesnt turn out 2 be all ninja like cause alot of other games r coming out with ninja and most of them r lame
    i had this idea about ninja in another game but it was said 2 late and they alraedy made the basic fighting system 4 it
    assasin could hold 1 tyep of melee weapon in his/her hand while the other has a small ranged type weapon.
    my idea is that it looks like a giant Star shaped weapon that can wreak havoc but has a chain on the end which limits it range but makes it aoe.
    also give this class high dex, decent def, low hp but make it have fist weapon path along with the range weapon i just said.
    about the melee weapon i first mention i have no idea you guys can invent that 1 unless i come up with something lol b:laugh
    we could make it(like i said b4) a fist weapon path since those kinds of bms r hard 2 make
    this class could specialize in it + it would be great in TT with that kinda power
    maybe assasin could have....powers that let them go un detected? idk my imagination died since school's ebout 2 start, tho i cant w8 2 get my junior priveledges in motion :D

just hope the assassin doesnt suck then D:
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    it's not that much of a surpise. i kinda exacted some thing like this to come out (altho not as soon as the third expansion) it only stands to reason that with the 3 current races owning the north south and west sidea of the map, and archo in the center, then it only means that the devs always planed for a forth race to have the east. since they are under water then they ofcouse will be imune to the flood that wiped out the wwraiths. dispite the very looking human silhouette of the new rack, i belive they look less human than the other races
  • _Sinderella_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sinderella_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i heard that the Pychics -or watever u guys call it- has whips as weapons but for assasin i have no idea.Since on pwi.perfectworld.com it says they dwell underwatr i think they can like shapeshift from merman or mermaids to humans or watever. i think that would b awesome. dam i wish a GM could secretly give us a video or screenshots of it there begginner place or just how 1 class will look like.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol i wonder how whips can be used under water...... b:chuckle

when i here assain i thing daggers, steel claws and maybe trowing knives.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009

Omg no way, that would definately later on become awful. They could probably kill anybody then and over power even higher levels I bet. -,- I hate this so much, its gonna ruin the balance of the game b:sad
  • Cullan - Lost City
    Cullan - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Omg no way, that would definately later on become awful. They could probably kill anybody then and over power even higher levels I bet. -,- I hate this so much, its gonna ruin the balance of the game b:sad

dont worry be happyb:pleased
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    thanks a lot, this is kind of weird tho because a vid game developer is actually what i want to be someday...hmm

take it as a sign my friend b:pleased

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    dont worry be happyb:pleased

b:cry happy when the game i love is becoming corrupt and all my friends are leaving?! stupid update! b:cry b:sad but i'm never going to quit, just feels sad the way the game is changing
  • Cullan - Lost City
    Cullan - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:cry happy when the game i love is becoming corrupt and all my friends are leaving?! stupid update! b:cry b:sad but i'm never going to quit, just feels sad the way the game is changing

my friends already left perfect world and people just anrt as nice any more
    and with the dont worry be happy i was quoting bob marly im very sorry but it seemed funny in my head
  • pwnmato
    edited September 2009
    this thread is pretty much dead now