HP vs PHY RES

Options
Nagasin - Sanctuary
Nagasin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
currently I have about 1.3k HP, but my phy res is about 900 unbuffed. I was wondering as i lvl up should i put garnet or citrine shards to armour? Or should i refine armour to get the HP too.

I've also heard at higher lvls Phy res has diminishing returns. Can someone tell me more about that plz

Also i was wondering how much HP do i need to do TT, cause ppl shout they either want a LA wizzy, or one with high HP. Never know wot high HP for wiz is...

thanks a lot!
Post edited by Nagasin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    currently I have about 1.3k HP, but my phy res is about 900 unbuffed. I was wondering as i lvl up should i put garnet or citrine shards to armour? Or should i refine armour to get the HP too.

I've also heard at higher lvls Phy res has diminishing returns. Can someone tell me more about that plz

Also i was wondering how much HP do i need to do TT, cause ppl shout they either want a LA wizzy, or one with high HP. Never know wot high HP for wiz is...

thanks a lot!

as LA u should imbue wiht hp as arcana u should choose pdef and hp shards...for TT i dont think u need any hp since if a wiz go to a TT run it is not to get hits, that work is for bm/barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    as LA u should imbue wiht hp as arcana u should choose pdef and hp shards...for TT i dont think u need any hp since if a wiz go to a TT run it is not to get hits, that work is for bm/barb

There are plenty of aoe's that hit you with physical attacks (1-3 drum, soul).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you're LA, just shard citrines (hp).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

thanks a lot!

Damn you have low hp and pdef.

But yeah, since you're arcane I would
    1. Get good gear. I'm assuming you've got lowbie trash gears, I could be wrong though... perhaps a pwcalc link for us?

2. Shard with pdef shards, at your level g4 or 5 is all you'll really need.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Phys ress works the same way as mag ress,
    From 1000 to 1250 has much more effect than from 2000 to 2250 (or even 2500)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nagasin, u really need to use some better gear. Do your Mantavip/DoD/Krimson/Slitt/Slither or whatever quests you have at that lvl that have gear as reward. And shop for some good gear in AH, especially for 70s.
    U won't spend a long time in the 60s, and for the love of God don't buy any TT70 armor.
    Work for your weapon if u really want and then just shop in AH for 3* 2/3 sockets sockets with good add/ons ( HP or Pdef, and at least 2 options). Some of that equipment will last u for a while.I'm still wearing my 3* lvl 66 boots with 2x69 pdef option, 3 sockets(i added 1) and renined + 3. I haven't found anything better since then and I'm working now at the TT80 gold ones. When I was in the 60s there was no BH quest and highest lvl was 80-ish so drops were so/so, but now 3* good items should be everywhere. I bought 2 days ago a 3* lvl 81 hat with +80hp+69pdef+69pdef with 2 sockets for 200k. Cheap as dirt, golden stats for a Arcane user. I plan to use it for a loooong time ( 'till i can get a TT90 gold one)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hey guys didnt someone cruch the num8ers and come up with the conclusion that HP was 8etter up to 3300 hp and after you had 3300 hp then PDef would 8e more worthwile?

there was a little chart and everything. Do any of you remem8er that?
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I do but dunno how to find it.
    And I think it was the other way around :).
    Anyway, would be nice if someone has that bookmarked to post the link again.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagasin - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Damn you have low hp and pdef.

But yeah, since you're arcane I would
    1. Get good gear. I'm assuming you've got lowbie trash gears, I could be wrong though... perhaps a pwcalc link for us?

2. Shard with pdef shards, at your level g4 or 5 is all you'll really need.

all my armour is 2 star or above, i have pants of dragon scales and all my armour has added phy res, plus average garnet shards. I can deal with you saying my HP is low, but i dont think my Pdef is....b:sadb:sad

I know some wizzy who have half my pdef at my lvl......

And yeah i would like the see that table about HP and Pdef too b:pleasedb:pleased

Thanks for all the replies!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    shard your armor with pdef
    hat and cape with HP

thats what i did as an arcane and came out nicely
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    shard w/ pdeff in ur chest, pants, arms, and feet.
    shard w/ hp in ur hat and cape, and also refine a little if u can.

try to get gear u'll end up using for at least 10 lvls or so (*plan a bit ahead)^^

also, a robe mage w/ pdeff shards in armor, and hp in cape, and hat has more pdeff than a LA mage w/ full hp shards <--fact
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Umm im full arcane wizzie with pretty decent gears (Ill pwcalc if want) but I have 1.5k unbuffed hp with 666 Def.

Sadly I think my def is really low and am also asking wether to do phy gems in sockets i get or hp. ATM i am full hp (hence the 1.5khp)

and this seems like a good thread to ask what kind of equipment (in terms of rings/neckies/ammys/etc) I should be shooting for, atm Im doing my best to maximize magic attack/hp while maintaining a decent defense, but I'm not sure what decent defense would be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    shard w/ pdeff in ur chest, pants, arms, and feet.
    shard w/ hp in ur hat and cape, and also refine a little if u can.

try to get gear u'll end up using for at least 10 lvls or so (*plan a bit ahead)^^

also, a robe mage w/ pdeff shards in armor, and hp in cape, and hat has more pdeff than a LA mage w/ full hp shards <--fact

im waiting for an arcane my lvl to have more pdef than me <--fact
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you want high pdef and high hp. Its a balancing act. Your hp to low you will be a one shot, pdef to low you will be destoryed by archers, bms, barbs, clerics(plum shot) and nixs. so basically you want high hp and pdef, its not one or the other type thing, its you need both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Get around 9k pdef fully buffed and then the rest should go into HP. 9k with warrior buff, should be around 7kish with just ep buff and you're set.

You'll want about 4k HP at 90 and 5k HP at 99 unbuffed. Don't actually have to reach these numbers, just don't stack one too much with out getting the other. If you're rich and got nice gear reaching these stats is rather easy and can easily surpass it. I only got 8k pdef fully buffed along with 5k HP unbuffed.

Like Mizorie said just try to balance them, but after 8k pdef it starts to not make much of a difference. I say 9k pdef fully buffed because you won't get a bm buff often so you want close to 8k with just cleric buffs.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Main thing you want to aim for at 9x is to make sure you don't get oneshotted by Perdition/Blade Tempest/zerk crits/archer crits, though Archers at full range will be able to crit over 5k with Take Aim, so it's not completely doable. Also things like Plume Shot crits bypassing your hiero. If that doesn't happen, it will basically be impossible for a cleric to kill you without triple sparking.

tbh I still wonder wtf the other lv90-96 wizards are doing on lost city. There's like 5+ in CQ that I can **** 1v1, while their BTs are doing 3-3.5k on me. They have no HP and have no high damage. What do they have? b:surrender
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nagasin - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so do i add some vit into my build? cause it adds pdef and HP too.....
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so do i add some vit into my build? cause it adds pdef and HP too.....

NEVER add vitality to a wiz.
    I know a few that did it for specific purposes, but I say no, never do it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vitality is great, if you intend on pvping. Arcane wizards without vit are basically oneshots unless it's at higher levels with good gear. How much you add is up to you really, just don't add too much of it.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    here's some stats:

AA w/ hp and pdeff shards:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=686cb8fd9a76511d

LA w/ all hp shards:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=be36edd19c34bc6e

LA w/ hp and pdeff shards: (for deathlift =P)
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5b91b779d5d68d3e

AA w/ pdeff and hp shards has about the same amout of pdeff as LA w/ hp shards, and has 11% more mdeff

as to LA w/ pdeff/hp, it has about the same hp, 6% more pdeff, and 11% less mdeff.

so really LA's only going to give u about 400 more hp, 6% more pdeff, 5% crit. but ur losing-2.5k mp, 11% mdeff, and about 3k base dmg

^ my post, i feel like i use it alot to explain things.

and yes, i know its not end game, its only lvl 90 cause ppl like to think " y bother? noe one will ever get to end game."
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have some vit (30) for rebirth.. but im going back to pure at 86.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have some vit (30) for rebirth.. but im going back to pure at 86.
    Might as well keep it and add more at 87-90 so you can do 85+ rebirth with some decent gear.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    its been chewed so many times
    garnet doesnt stack with stone barrier b00ns
    arcane or LA go hp gems ...ALWAYS.
    if u r arcane , BLUE GEAR > 90% MOLDS AND TT
    no other build for wiz other than LA or arcane.
    if u r gonna be LA or arcane, depends on how rich you are...
    other builds are for chobos...

p.s. would like to please players who "think" that they are talking good stuff when they are talking complete **** to think twice and to consult before they make a post. thank you very much <3
    gooo wizzieees
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    get blue stared arcane gear with pys resis adds and shard for hp. Or do it the other way and get blue stared arcane with hp and shard for pys resis. Either way you need a balance of both.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Garnets do stack with earth barrier. You are on something and not sharing. Take your own advice genius.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sharding with hp and getting that 5% hp bonus necklace thing is betterh thand sharding with pdef...
  • FireEMT - Harshlands
    FireEMT - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You can reasonably use different approaches, depending on your goals.

For example, for fighting against monsters your level, I think you should mostly concentrate on your physical defense. But for fighting against high level monsters, you should mostly concentrate on your health. (For example, you might be fighting some very high level bosses in Twilight Temple in a few levels.) And, when you fight magical opponents, health will help you but physical defense will not.

So, personally, I would try and get some of each...

#1 rule, caster get p def neck and waist, tanks get mag resist neck and waist, just throwing that fact out there
  • FireEMT - Harshlands
    FireEMT - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vitality is great, if you intend on pvping. Arcane wizards without vit are basically oneshots unless it's at higher levels with good gear. How much you add is up to you really, just don't add too much of it.

u have got to be kidding me, vit is great? 10 fricken HP per point, vit is not great for wiz it is **** and dumb stick to BM posts chief
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wow thats one mad cleric in wiz posts lol, I do agree though vit is **** and vit does NOT at pdef i dont know where u guys get these things lol vit=hp str=pdef
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vit adds to all defences.

Mag adds to Mag Def.

Str adds to PDef.

Vit adds more than mag or str I think.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.