Why people want new classes ?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They need to make a race that is weak against magic but is the ultimate nix killers with +200% damage against flying pets. Then game would gain some balance and my wizard would be happier.

A race like that would definitely have a purpose in TW.... Anti veno/nix air support.

Any way it goes, I'm for more races the better

Also the poll question is not good. It's obvious the OP has an agenda against community voting yes. The poll question skews people to not vote yes. They may not be needed. But they would more than likely make the game better. I'll vote yes just cause i would like new classes.
  • HerBuffSlave - Sanctuary
    HerBuffSlave - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yo momma is unbalanced.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What is it that people constantly ask for new race/classes...maybe people dont see it could spoil game dynamics current classes are set up to counter blaance each other and all work well together bringin in new classes only pushes some classes away making them not wanted in groups and reducing amount of players at higher level (making it harder to do fb's etc)...so just a poll do you really tihnk new classes and races are needed and if so why ?

The game is already unbalanced when it comes to classes not getting into groups. Wizards are more or less not even allowed to go TT at higher lvls, they have to cs pretty much everything if they want nice gear, since they cant do profitruns.

And its kinda hard for archers and BM to get into parties as well. Basically it already sucks **** unless you're a herc owner, ep or a barb. Maybe adding 2 more random DD-classes will make it even harder. Suddenly it will be like 5 classes trying to get the last DD-spot in a party for an fb. Or it might be the opposite, new classes creates new ways of making a party, and u wont need 2 eps and 1 tank all the time. Making more spots for others.

Mostly im scared that even less ppl chooses to play barb at high lvl if the fish class comes tho. It already takes like 3-5 hours to find a tank for tt/fb/lunar/frost/rebirth/warsong b:cry
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    adapt, evolve or step aside.

welcome to new classesb:victory
  • eldnar
    eldnar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow I'm surprised at all the phoenix complaints as if there aren't cheap tactics for other classes. If they devalue the phoenix that venomancers have purchased then who is to say they won't start devaluing other things?

If you want a class weakened then the rest should be equally weakened.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are few-none abilities left that another species/class isn't prided on. I don't see why a new race/class is needed. Instead, improvements should be made to the current classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No.The reason for new classes is attract new comers or bring some old ones back.This didn't work well on another game I play.I don't see who would want new classes without lower lvl cap if you have other alts to work on.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I want new classes because I'm thoroughly bored with this game. I don't even log on to do my dailies. If the new race isn't just a rumor, it would probably pull me back just to see how they would play.

Seriously, save the Q_Q until after it's (if it will be) confirmed and more details are released about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I see plenty of balance. I saw a wizard nearly kill me in 2-3 hits in my last TW, I'm in arcane so that's a hard hitting class! They also can kill barbs in possibly 1 hit. You don't know what underpowered is you just like to talk about what you do not know about.

I see balanced classes here, but I also see a ton of players (AKA: almost the entire playerbase) that does not know how to properly play their class, so they complain.

wizards are underpowered. The wizard that hit you was 90+ this allows me to explain a bit more.

Pre-90 = unbalance

Post-90= balance

Once you reach level 90, how good you are depends on your gear, your skill and what items you have makes how good you are :P

IMO, since everyone has to do that, its balanced in the end
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kimi - Dreamweaver
    Kimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We should have a race of cookie people O_o...If a guy would rather spend his time looking at a female character all day i'd rather spend mine looking at a chocolate chip cookie.b:laugh

O_O
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i Demand Eas Using Nix's!! I Also Want Serrated Arrow (it Bleeds) To Be Bugged.b:cute
    brilliant!!!
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Foy - Sanctuary
    Foy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really don't see how anyone could expect a new race or class at all. Prior version of PW don't have these, as far as I know. PWE are basically translators, not developers. It would require more coding from scratch than anything I've seen implemented into the game so far.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really don't see how anyone could expect a new race or class at all. Prior version of PW don't have these, as far as I know. PWE are basically translators, not developers. It would require more coding from scratch than anything I've seen implemented into the game so far.

The idea is that we're close enough to the other versions that all versions would release the race/classes at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Foy - Sanctuary
    Foy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The idea is that we're close enough to the other versions that all versions would release the race/classes at the same time.

Ah, thank you. That makes a bit of sense, but I wish I knew more about whatever agreement they have with content releases coming out of the primary developers of the game.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well lets break it down, first of all PWI tells EVERYONE about the new classes/ patch this winter. This gets people more interested in the game and more people hype up about it. Now lets just SAY that they didnt make this, the following things would happen.

1. People would be super disappointed and rage quit game.

2. Admin would be less trust even at all for the Huge let down.

3. They would lose potential profit from the LOADS of players from Newcomers to people coming from MY-EN and all the other pw servers.

Now, if this wasnt announced almost everywhere i might have doubts but 1. a reliable source told meh there has been some hard work going into this. 2. NO business man, not even the Most....mentally challenged would even THINK about false advertising because lets face it word gets around and More disappointed people=less revenue for PWI. So in conculsion, it would be an idiotic mistake for them 2 broadcast IF they wernt making it, You do the math
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well lets break it down, first of all PWI tells EVERYONE about the new classes/ patch this winter. This gets people more interested in the game and more people hype up about it. Now lets just SAY that they didnt make this, the following things would happen.

PWE Hasn't said a thing. They said that there was going to be some updates. Not ONCE did they say that there was going to be new classes/races.

To quote what it says under official announcments forum:

Announcements related to Perfect World. Don't believe it unless you've heard it from us.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826024936324.shtml

http://www.warcry.com/forums/read/118.133646

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/showthread.php?t=45767

http://m.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826225413248.shtml

A list of all the places you can find info on the new tideborn class, and Yes it does talk about the class, check them out and yes they did say it is coming in the winter expansion
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    6 class is far from enough to cover all the posible role in the game, that means many will find no class that fit their style. Add more class means more player.
    Why do some people in this thread think improving the current class better than adding new? Obviously improving current class cause as much imbalance as adding new. The reason is simply because they already have a high level character and selfishly want to make them stronger of course.
    If someone want to argue on the basis of "not need anymore class", then you don't need 6 class in the first place: tank, healer and damage dealer are sufficient class. The reason why more class is added is not because they are needed.
    As for balancing, adding new class does not cause imbalancing, it is making their stats/skill more powerful that cause it. Yes, it is usually the case that devs will make new class overpowered because they want many people to play it so they can have enough data to re-balance it, but the imbalance won't last long.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    6 class is far from enough to cover all the posible role in the game, that means many will find no class that fit their style. Add more class means more player.
    Why do some people in this thread think improving the current class better than adding new? Obviously improving current class cause as much imbalance as adding new. The reason is simply because they already have a high level character and selfishly want to make them stronger of course.
    If someone want to argue on the basis of "not need anymore class", then you don't need 6 class in the first place: tank, healer and damage dealer are sufficient class. The reason why more class is added is not because they are needed.
    As for balancing, adding new class does not cause imbalancing, it is making their stats/skill more powerful that cause it. Yes, it is usually the case that devs will make new class overpowered because they want many people to play it so they can have enough data to re-balance it, but the imbalance won't last long.

well said.

In my case I play BM as it is my best fit but it does not fit me 100%. New classes my fit me less or more than BM.
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    @Silver, all of those websites more or less say the exact same thing. How can anyone be sure that PWI released this information to other websites and not their own paying customers first?
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Please don't put to the game new classes. Why? Because game became more unbalanced that is now. Just small thing like Bounty hunter already make game unbalanced, because is very hard to find somebody for other event like Rebirth,TT,Moon and so. Could you imaging what would new classes did? Balance is VERY fragile and it take looooong time to make game balanced. Because every unbalances will appear in game in long time term. Not at beginning, but by the time. So make balanced new class is very, very difficult and I don't think that they can do it.b:cry
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't want a new class! Keep it the way it is!

b:shockedb:sadb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826024936324.shtml

http://www.warcry.com/forums/read/118.133646

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/showthread.php?t=45767

http://m.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826225413248.shtml

A list of all the places you can find info on the new tideborn class, and Yes it does talk about the class, check them out and yes they did say it is coming in the winter expansion
    Those articles were not written by GM's.

They were written by a very successful troll.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    One method company keep their player in anticipation is to leak out information to other site, then pretend to remain neutral with "no comments". That causes a lot of speculation and anticipation. If something go wrong they can deny such existence without much weight, if things go right they can said that some how the information is accidentally leaked to a reporter with eagle eyes.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As far as I can see the dynamics of classes are already heavily tilted in the favor of some vs. others so a new class is not likely to make that any worse. Also genies have already stepped on class specific toes and have cheapened the need for a diverse group of players interacting.

A new class = more to explore and learn. More skills to check out, more possibilities to look at, and more combinations to be had. For people like me, who enjoys exploring this part of a game, a new class is the perfect toy to be investigated. For PWI a new class is a major selling point not only to keep people like me interested but they make their most cash when people start new characters. Think about it, you get a new character and suddenly you need what? A new Air Mount, Clothes, Inventory Stones, maybe Bank Stones, Maybe Cages, Maybe a new Land Mount and finally Charms eventually. There is nothing that generates more revenue than people starting up a new character for them.

That being said, I do not believe they are going to try to ruin old characters just add in something a bit different that could be an interesting new class. That is IF they are even going to add one which is not concrete yet.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think they need to make a few changes to existing classes before coming in with a flood of new content. it just feels more stable that way.

for example: there are skills in this game that are freaking useless. you know what they are - every class has them. i think those skills need to be tweaked somewhat for more interesting game play or they should be trashed in favor of skills that better suit the roles of each class.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I cant wait till the new expansion comes out so I can say "I told you so" too all the people who were convinced there will be new classes.
  • pikachuxd
    pikachuxd Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wouldnt make diference since nix owns everyone b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.