Why people want new classes ?!?

Barbarics - Dreamweaver
Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
What is it that people constantly ask for new race/classes...maybe people dont see it could spoil game dynamics current classes are set up to counter blaance each other and all work well together bringin in new classes only pushes some classes away making them not wanted in groups and reducing amount of players at higher level (making it harder to do fb's etc)...so just a poll do you really tihnk new classes and races are needed and if so why ?
Post edited by Barbarics - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OMG inbe4thelock -_-

WHY DID U MAKE ANOTHER THREAD? WHY? JUST TELL ME

>_> lol so many threads about this chaos lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009

fix the Nix was cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_B - Dreamweaver
    Mr_B - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I want new races becouse it adds freshness to the game stop all te moaning and just except the way of things it will be fun and add more to this world.
    The ones that moan are normaly the high lvls banging on about oo dont do that or you will unbalance the game,well stuff that there are more ppl on this game and if they want it let them have it,now just play ya charr and have fun remembere this is a game
    regards
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How is it going to be unbalanced? They've made the first six classes and balanced them out quite nicely.
    So why wouldn't they be able to do it again, but with two extra classes instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • XAmraelx - Sanctuary
    XAmraelx - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They arent already implemented and Q_Q

We need a sauce -face here
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How is it going to be unbalanced? They've made the first six classes and balanced them out quite nicely.
    So why wouldn't they be able to do it again, but with two extra classes instead?
    the first six classes aren't balanced

ppl thinks they are balanced cuz a weak class can pwn the other with lots of + refines

but that doesn't mean they are balanced
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The problem is no one trusts pwi anymore. After nix bugs which were ignored to make money and the way pw has displayed time and time and time again that they only want moar moneyz and **** the game....why would you trust them? Cube boxes, countless sales, screwed economy, lies, more bugs by the day, promoting scams for zen... pw has let the player base down a few times too many.

I think at this point, we're all afraid of pwi making a major **** up and implementing a huge unbalance, most likely involving the cash shop or gold. And indeed, even I fear it. Lets face it, deep down we all know chances they'll **** it up are vastly higher than chances they'll do this properly. =/

I wish the devs would cop on to the fact that customers not being able to trust them one bit is going to kill their business and destroy the game.
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PvP maybe not so but all fit into a group in pve 6 classes = 6 man groups with addition of 2 new classes 8 classes only 6 in a group 2 races are gonna get pushed away i.e BM replace by the so called assasin and also to add freshness new areas...mobs..new city...lots of new quests...new mounts.....new dailys...lots of ways rather than adding new classes
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    the first six classes aren't balanced

ppl thinks they are balanced cuz a weak class can pwn the other with lots of + refines

but that doesn't mean they are balanced

Fine. If we're going by that logic, it doesn't matter either way if they add new classes. It's already unbalanced.
    ---
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All games out here be they P2P or F2p only had new classes and races once in a while to have you stay longer...

new class, new things to test,.. so you stay longer.. doesnt mean there are corrections to bugs, or improved content.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im definetly gona stay if a new race comes out ^^ gona try things ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Exacly, a new race/ class would make everything more interesting. Besides, watching the same classes do the same thing every day can get boring after a while. New skills are good too since they add another dimension to the gameplay of a class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I lol'd ,
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I lol'd ,

Care to explain why?
    ---
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Care to explain why?
    Because the first six classes are not balanced out, you will notice this if not now then later.
    Quit.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Because the first six classes are not balanced out, you will notice this if not now then later.

Because forum avatar means everything?
    From what I've seen, every class has its strengths and weaknesses in both PvE as PvP. The only thing that might be considered stronger or better are the legendary pets (nix in PvP and herc in PvE).
    ---
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, the primary reason I think more classes and races is a neat idea is simple, variety. If there's one thing I love in a game, it's variety. Call me spoiled from my years of D&D where just in the core rulebooks alone you have hundreds of possible race and class combinations, and countless ways to customize your appearance, personality, and abilities, and the possibilities are literally endless when you start getting into the supplemental books, Dungeon Magazine and Dragon Magazine, not to mention all sorts of fan created content. Then there's the secondary reason, just to spite all you people who whine and cry that they want new content, then when PWE gives it to you, you whine and cry because you suddenly don't want it anymore.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yea OK.

Your like what level 52? When being an archer is still easy mode.

Get to higher levels and you will see why the game is not balanced.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Play a mage and you will see how underpowered they are.
    Play a nix veno and you will see how overpowered they are.
    Hence = not balanced.
    Quit.
    edited August 2009
    I've been playing as a wizard, I don't feel underpowered in the least.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Yea OK.

Your like what level 52? When being an archer is still easy mode.

Get to higher levels and you will see why the game is not balanced.

See above.
    Hence = not balanced.
    I've played a mage already. However I haven't played a nix veno, but I do know how they are in PvP (experienced firsthand).
    That's why I said, the only thing are probably the legendary pets. They weren't there in the beginning, now where they?
    If we're comparing a non-legendary (or better said, nonfleshream) venomancer to a mage, we'll see that the mage hits harder. That's their strength.
    ---
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hence = not balanced.

I see plenty of balance. I saw a wizard nearly kill me in 2-3 hits in my last TW, I'm in arcane so that's a hard hitting class! They also can kill barbs in possibly 1 hit. You don't know what underpowered is you just like to talk about what you do not know about.

I see balanced classes here, but I also see a ton of players (AKA: almost the entire playerbase) that does not know how to properly play their class, so they complain.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Vellamo - Heavens Tear
    Vellamo - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    New races and classes may well throw off the balance of power in PW. What will happen if they create a class that is a better tank than the barb? or a better healer than the cleric? It may be hard for them to accept their demotion. Recent events (Jolly Jones events and gold price manipulations) have lost my confidence. I fear PWI will **** itself up, that they will create a whole new mass of irate and disgruntled players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    I know a lot of clerics who would actually be quite content to be "demoted" if it meant the new class would be the ones everyone would call to save their butts after getting wiped out by a monster.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I know a lot of clerics who would actually be quite content to be "demoted" if it meant the new class would be the ones everyone would call to save their butts after getting wiped out by a monster.

One of the reasons I picked cleric was to be useful. If all of a sudden no one wanted me to help...I would not be content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The reason to come out with new classes is because the whole F2P MMO market is going thru class and other major updates (tis the season). So to stay competitive PWI will also have to update their content.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm not too big on the idea, but providing the bugs get priority, I'm happy. It would be interesting to see what they're like anyway....
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I DEMAND EAS USING NIX'S!! I ALSO WANT SERRATED ARROW (it bleeds) TO BE BUGGED.b:cute
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • doomscyth
    doomscyth Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    narc0tix wrote: »
    The reason to come out with new classes is because the whole F2P MMO market is going thru class and other major updates (tis the season). So to stay competitive PWI will also have to update their content.

in relation to this,i also find it very interesting that this info of new classes is "leaked" less than a month before september 20th. you know what i mean?*wink* sneaky move PW, sneaky move.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    doomscyth wrote: »
    in relation to this,i also find it very interesting that this info of new classes is "leaked" less than a month before september 20th. you know what i mean?*wink* sneaky move PW, sneaky move.

This is true also b:chuckle It is a Competitive market and they have to stay up to date to keep costumers attention, so to me it just seems logical that in an MMO's progression, new classes will be added.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
This discussion has been closed.