Getting Banned for Camping Areas

Options
ShadowDrag - Lost City
ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
can you get banned for standing at for example book 29 of world quest, pking every1 that comes by trying to had it in? or like the dragon temple reward npc..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShadowDrag - Lost City on

Comments

• Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    can you get banned for standing at for example book 29 of world quest, pking every1 that comes by trying to had it in? or like the dragon temple reward npc..

Depends. I know quite a bit of people who just get banned randomly for no apparent reason, and are not given notice as to why they were. A lot get banned for camping SP 'cause it doesn't allow the people to quest. So, seeing as WQ is indeed a quest, I'm sure after awhile you can get banned.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I've camped multiple places for quite a while, never got banned. Killing everything in secret passage for an hour etc. Usually the lowbies end up chatting with me instead. b:shutup (well, except for the ones who start screaming about how they want you and your family dead etc)
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Killing everything in secret passage for an hour etc.

Typical wannabe random pker behavior.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    dekciw wrote: »

lol get out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • dekciw
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol get out

no u. I'm sorry if that's what you do as well. If the people that you kill don't stand a chance in killing you then it's hardly a challenge, if it's not challenging, you should go back to playing Hello Kitty Online.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    no u. I'm sorry if that's what you do as well. If the people that you kill don't stand a chance in killing you then it's hardly a challenge, if it's not challenging, you should go back to playing Hello Kitty Online.

The thing is, by doing that they will cry to their higher levels ang bring them to the place, so you don't have to search around for them. PK fun delivery.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Honestly most kills are 60+, because of people running through. I only end up there when I come to kill guilds like cevryn anyway, they like camping there with a bunch of 7x and 8x. Like norgannon said, the higher levels come to you.

Wannabe pker behaviour? I call it being bored. Flying around 1k killing people = 1 target every 5 minutes and they'll still die easily because they're doing something else. It's less challenging than ganks @ SP.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    can you get banned for standing at for example book 29 of world quest, pking every1 that comes by trying to had it in?

I'm curious have you ever tried this? I'm not doing WQ yet on my LC Alt. But I would imagine that after a very short while a bunch of WQers would gang up and PK you and probably put you on their KOS list for the future. b:chuckle
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Everyone on lost city PKs noobs lol
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

haven't got banned for either of those yet.

as for fb29 i only go there to find the sad high levels camping lowbies. fb29 is much more fun than camping point 29 where you just 2 shot the people who have someone else logging to do their world quest (cough haiz)
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    haha did that noob call kris a wannabe pker? silly people. from what i hear, kris is pretty good. anyhow, i pk everywhere all the time. once a GM told me to stop pking vol 29 when i only killed 2 people one time each. so i guess it depends on the GM's mood. then again, it was BearClaw and i hear he's quite the CQ lover :P
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    haha did that noob call kris a wannabe pker? silly people. from what i hear, kris is pretty good. anyhow, i pk everywhere all the time. once a GM told me to stop pking vol 29 when i only killed 2 people one time each. so i guess it depends on the GM's mood. then again, it was BearClaw and i hear he's quite the CQ lover :P

lol mr. level 84... warmachine was more of a factor than 'kris' will ever be. (no offense to kris :3)you wouldn't know cause you were 3x when anything on lost city actually mattered b:bye
  • Lidushka - Lost City
    Lidushka - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well I consider PvP to have been designed for liked minded people to go hunting each other and to fight to the death.

I do not consider, however, that "white names" trying to do WQ's, BH's, FB's, etc., only to find it impossible to do so as a much higher level is sitting there and 1-2 shotting anyone who needs the NPC is 'fair' game.

Really I consider these people either childish (under 13 physically or mentally) or desperate to say they are a PKer, which they are not - just simply bullies.

Before you PKers that think it is 'big' to be 60, 70, 80+ and to attack and kill unwitting defencless or low level prey scream "it is a PvP server", I would like to remind you not only of the rules - which seem to be never adhered to, but also that it is clearly against the spirit of gaming, once again showing that such people that do this are of low moral standards and have real life problems or simply just jealius of theircounterparts success and their failings.

Indeed PKers (as clearly stated here) in most cases know this is easy, non-challenging and worng (even brag about it), yet seem to go unpunished.

It is quiet apparaent that the GM's no longer seem to care about the simple (poor or low level) players, instead only about the potential loss (or gain) in revenue if they should ban people.
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well I consider PvP to have been designed for liked minded people to go hunting each other and to fight to the death.

I do not consider, however, that "white names" trying to do WQ's, BH's, FB's, etc., only to find it impossible to do so as a much higher level is sitting there and 1-2 shotting anyone who needs the NPC is 'fair' game.

Really I consider these people either childish (under 13 physically or mentally) or desperate to say they are a PKer, which they are not - just simply bullies.

Before you PKers that think it is 'big' to be 60, 70, 80+ and to attack and kill unwitting defencless or low level prey scream "it is a PvP server", I would like to remind you not only of the rules - which seem to be never adhered to, but also that it is clearly against the spirit of gaming, once again showing that such people that do this are of low moral standards and have real life problems or simply just jealius of theircounterparts success and their failings.

Indeed PKers (as clearly stated here) in most cases know this is easy, non-challenging and worng (even brag about it), yet seem to go unpunished.

It is quiet apparaent that the GM's no longer seem to care about the simple (poor or low level) players, instead only about the potential loss (or gain) in revenue if they should ban people.

lol wut? its an rpg. some people like to play the bad guy. how boring would the game be without us? i can only speak for myself, but i kill lowbies to draw out a fight with their high level friends, faction members, or mains. or because i dislike their faction. its not because, as was suggested above, of any mental or physical defect haha. if pvp was designed for like minded peope to hunt each other, you would be able to shut it on and off. sounds familiar... oh yeah. pve servers. if you join a pvp server, this is what you sign up for. i took my lumps as a lowbie, now i give them. think of the uproar if people doing exactly what was intended in an open pvp server (open pvp) and got banned for it. what would be the point of pvp servers?

and devoted, didnt i **** u twice in a row at HT when i was 7x and u were still 9x? anyhow, why is you knowing somebody better than kris relevant?
  • Tunghar - Heavens Tear
    Tunghar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Depends. I know quite a bit of people who just get banned randomly for no apparent reason, and are not given notice as to why they were. A lot get banned for camping SP 'cause it doesn't allow the people to quest. So, seeing as WQ is indeed a quest, I'm sure after awhile you can get banned.

GMs suck then. Why ban people for um... doing what is intended to do on the server?
    lol get out

um... no...?

Well, it's an open pvp game and people signing on pvp server should know taht they can be killed anytime by anybody. Of course, it's better when you have fight with someone around your level, but it's obvious that there will always be people who will pk lowebies.

Not only because they want to fight with higher levels from guild (well, obviously why can't you go to higher level spot and start pvp with people around your level?) but sometimes because they simply want to boost their ego. I have whitenamed toons only at PW MS now, and I happened to get PKed few times already. Twice by the same person, who attacked also my clannies. When the higher leveles showed up, he was quick to go to town. i say that's lame.

PvP server is PvP server. I play at PvP server to have random encounters with PvP (or PK only). Ah , don't worry about this toon - it's alt, I wanted to see how it's on PvE server. :P

Why should the GMs care about players who if didn't want random PvP went to the PvP server? If you have any problems with PvP/PK - ask a guild / friends for help.
  • dekciw
    edited August 2009
    Options
    and devoted, didnt i **** u twice in a row at HT when i was 7x and u were still 9x? anyhow, why is you knowing somebody better than kris relevant?

It's relevant because you called me a noob, which is what devoted denied with his comment. You seem to praise people's ability to kill people that are half their level, that kinda makes your comment ironic imo. What is irrelevant though is your comment on devoted because he wasn't attacking you and you went with a very defensive reply with no proofs of your claim to top it off.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thepope i have never seen you ever on this server. i quit playing before you had hh60 im sure.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    omg u havent heard of pope? i seen him once... hes not too good ^_^ he does like to cry about his charm being ticked though,...
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it's a pvp server lol the quest/pk rule is **** stupid and should be removed

basically we all took a kicking and it's what teaches u to implement different shards/armours/tactics
    i for one will kill anyone anywhere i choose and always will regardless of the location
    came from a game where u had to rally 40 ppl just to get out the sz on ANY map

last thing i want is to kill someone who then reports me cus it happened too close the 65 culti boss or w/e >.>
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

no joke. Took me three days to finish one quest in HiddenOrchard 'cause I got pked like every five minutes. OMG PPL if u wanna pk lowbies, then at least have the decency to resurrect us if you can so we don't waste freak'n10 min flying back, only to be pked AGAIN.
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I sure hope a GM would never ban someone for PKing. If players don't like others PKing lowbies then the players should do something about it. It cheapens the game if GMs interact too much.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It also ruins the game when high levels go after low levels. Learn how to play and you can actually beat people in your level range.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It also ruins the game when high levels go after low levels. Learn how to play and you can actually beat people in your level range.
    Because camping popular pvp spots means you can't kill anyone your level.

Typical ****/carebear logic.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Yes the typical ****/Q_Qbear logic think PvErs dont know anything about PKing.

Its not camping a popular PvP spot, Its camping a Quest spot. Preventing players from completing there Quests.

Go back to SP and feel better about yourself killing the new level 30 chars.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Typical moronic logic of a person who is completely terrified of fighting anyone in their level range. Learn to play, and maybe you can actually beat someone that's not 50 levels lower than you.

I fight face to face with people my level and win no bird needed, why can't you?

Level 90 wizard, 3 hits, petless. :p
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can kill someone my own level range no problem.

The problem is when you kill one person your level and the next thing you know you've got three parties going after you.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Typical moronic logic of a person who is completely terrified of fighting anyone in their level range. Learn to play, and maybe you can actually beat someone that's not 50 levels lower than you.

I fight face to face with people my level and win no bird needed, why can't you?

Level 90 wizard, 3 hits, petless. :p
    Except that I often farm mats in heaven/hell and will kill anyone I see on the way. And most of the pvp fights I'm in is against 9x and 10x, so too bad. Nice try I guess? Not like you'd know though, heaven's tear lol.

9x veno's can't kill any 9x wizard 1v1 without their pet unless the wizard is an idiot.

Go back to your fail server.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PKing similar levels is expensive and victory is not always granted but it's indeed challenging. PKing noob is just the opposite: easy, cheap but there's no glory in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PKing similar levels is expensive and victory is not always granted but it's indeed challenging. PKing noob is just the opposite: easy, cheap but there's no glory in it.

easy, cheap, no glory......but fun? yes it is. Its cute when the blue names come running out and run circles around you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    rofl i pk any white name **** i see, dont give a rats **** about ur level. pking lowbies is quite entertaining ,i love see 20-30k hits on the noobs in secret passage. i love the pickaxe drops also
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]