Why did you choose your name??

Comments

• Arzalea - Sanctuary
    Arzalea - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    'Cause Azalea and all the other 835485 names I wanted were taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656411
  • Thiele - Dreamweaver_1277263742
    Thiele - Dreamweaver_1277263742 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like the color teal and Thiele means teal duck! I think. Plus, it sounds French and I'm taking French class next year. In case you are wondering how to pronounce it, its basically "Thee lee".
  • KungFu_Fight - Harshlands
    KungFu_Fight - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i picked this cause i wanted to be diffrent :) and KungFu is way fun to wacth and i was very bored when i made her :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    COCOCOCOCOCOCOCCOCOCOCOCO >.> :3b:chuckleb:cute
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since my time in game is typically limited, I chose venomancer as it's the best solo class. Venos are like wizards but instead of arcane/elemental based magics, they use nature magic. So I thought, "what's a "tough" flower that's not too girly sounding since I'm a guy;" Dandelion popped in my head first but that name was taken so I tried Dandelyn and voila it worked! Most people just call me Dande in game though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I use Rurik Niall for pretty much anything and everything. The name is a combination of two different rulers who I always quite liked, Rurik, the Varangian chieftain who gained control of Ladoga in 862, built the Holmgard settlement near Novgorod, and founded the Rurik Dynasty which ruled Kievan Rus and then Galicia-Volhynia until 14th and Muscovy until the 16th century. And Niall of the Nine Hostages, an Irish king.
  • ElfMedic - Sanctuary
    ElfMedic - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I will let you geuss why I chose my name ^^
  • LordNong - Sanctuary
    LordNong - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I chose mine just because it sounds cool ;)
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My main character on Guild Wars is named Azinna Videl. My main charcater on PWI has rainbow colored hair.

RainbowVidel
  • _____ - Harshlands
    _____ - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Letters were too expensive... the economy these days...b:cry
    b:bye
  • jazzroadkill
    jazzroadkill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I chose this name 'cause.........

I like jazz and roadkill rings a bell in me........
    A bored mind is a devil's tool...

Doom Bog

Pursuit-Jadeon
  • zuldo93
    zuldo93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol i didnt know what name to get, so i searched at google for a: wizard name engine, and i found one, it asked me for my name and BAM
    Elkas was borned! lolz b:chuckle
  • Insontis - Sanctuary
    Insontis - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Insontis means "innocence" in Latin. It matches her appearence.
    Oh, and and and... I chose Latin because I'm paying tribute to one of the Final Fantasy games that will be coming out! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zindane_ - Sanctuary
    Zindane_ - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my names from my old nickname Zin and my favorite final fantasy character Zidane. so yea. simple enough. and i got Zin cause on guild wars i had an assassin and no one called me by my name so they called me sin since i had the best assassin in the guild. i got bored of it and told them to use a z instead of the s and yea. plus i think it sounds cool :P
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!
  • XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I made mine cause i was listening to a song that brings me back
    to the old days and the past i most likely wanna forget

That song is 'My immortal' from Evanescence

And just because i think i grew stronger out of all the problems i had
    i wanted Immortal, but that rlly didnt work out since it was taken alot on games
    So i was thinkin about translating into another language other then English
    or my own language that sounds horrible - Dutch
    But I also didnt want a random language that doesnt have any connection with me

And after some time i realised my real name - Desiree - is French
    And turned Immortal into French = Immortelle

^ω^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear
    Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I <3 kitties. my cat's name is Aphrodite, so aphrodite + venus = same. :P

kittyVenus ~
  • LaDolceVita - Sanctuary
    LaDolceVita - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It was the only name not taken.

b:sad b:surrender
    "My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
    Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die."
  • Locriano - Dreamweaver
    Locriano - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My name comes from music theory. There are these modes in music and one of them is called Locrian Mode. It's a diminished mode while other modes major or minor modes and this makes it usually a pretty dark sounding one.
    I'm not emo or stuff like that but I just like the mode :p Lotsa fun to use it in song writing.
    Ice cream is good for the soul.
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ginger = Ginger Spice = Geri Halliwell from Spice Girls, dont know why, i dont even like SGs O_o
    And Foxx = veno fox form xD
    ._. thats it
  • Gordolion - Lost City
    Gordolion - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i used the elvish language J.R Tolkien used in lord of the rings and translated my real name, and i liked the sound of Gordolion b:victory
  • Club_pure - Heavens Tear
    Club_pure - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    took me awhile to come up with a name. I used alldayallnight for my forum name, but for in game I used club_pure.

off topic: Since I switched avys, it seems like I start on an entirely new account. The posts from my alldayallnight name doesnt transfer over to this. Kinda sucks, but w/e. Had 6 posts anyway.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol well for my name at first I was thinking then remembered I might as well base off my character's name with my name, Hope, and now all my characters end with Hope..... b:chuckle

So yeah, thats why I chose BeingHope since I am Hope lol..... <.< No, I don't mean i'm the "Hope" of the world, its me for real lol xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Granmarg - Heavens Tear
    Granmarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wanted to pick "Nightshroud", like I had for all my other online names, but it was taken b:sad.
    After 5 tries at a name I went through my Yu-Gi-Oh deck lol. Tried some of the monarchs and boom, I got named Granmarg. (Don't have a monarch deck though.)
    Yes, I am a nerd. Although it seems to me like I often get results when I use Yu-Gi-Oh cards for name choices lol. My Barbarian is named Hoplomus XD
  • Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear
    Flea_fighter - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Mine is a long story. When I was in year 10 I always looked forward to physics lessons, not because I liked physics, god no, but because it was a doss. b:chuckle lol and I had this obsession with drawing these little critters I called fleas even though they looked nothing like fleas. So anyway, we decided that they were going to take over the world so we became the flea fighters. (that was when I was 14 >.> I am 18 now lol)
    And that has been used in my email ever since and I use it as a username now and again. It is individual so not usually taken. ^^
  • Zadkeil - Harshlands
    Zadkeil - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my name is based after an angel named Zadkiel. an archangel who rules heaven and stands in the presence of god. im not really religious at all, im actually agnostic, but i just thought i might as well pick a name with meaning
  • Star_Raper - Dreamweaver
    Star_Raper - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hate stars.That's all..
  • LilacEla - Sanctuary
    LilacEla - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i dunno, i guess im just creative b:pleased
  • Cutemeister - Harshlands
    Cutemeister - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I chose my name because i thought my character was kinda cute. the meister just comes from an add i saw one day.b:victory
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wanted the Japanese phrase for Wolf that eats fire, but I don't know Japanese, so I just put Ka(which means fire) and Garo(which means hungry wolf) together in the coolest sounding way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hate stars.That's all..

people call me star ingameb:shocked

and I picked my name cause im a StarCraft addict, to me its the only game that actually requires skill to play, not just sittin there furiously tapping the F1 key praying for a critical hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't see clerics named nurse or any variation^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well... I have 2 characters: the wiz you see and a BM called Vlad_Tepes. I chose them for being true heroes, in different ways though. It was quite a deception at the beginning because the wiz spells are somewhat poor and I can't impale a thing as BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
This discussion has been closed.