Why did you choose your name??

Comments

• Snow_Lily - Dreamweaver
    Snow_Lily - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Uhm...I used the name Snow Lily in a chatroom at one point on a whim and got strangely attached to it, I later found out that it's the name of a kind of unattractive yellow flower also known as Dogtooth Violets...for some reason this actually made me like the name more :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Without You I Am Nothing at All

ehh I like it b:victory
    It's from a song by Placebo
  • theunseen
    theunseen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I chose this name cuz i r ninja xD ~ i wishes
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well my character is a cleric so I had to choose a cleric name. Anyway I love my name and so does my boyfriend so I'm happy with it.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Because I like foxes b:surrender (also one reason I play this game)
    Kitsune means fox but it was taken and couldnt think any better so I added "h"b:laugh
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When I play a game, I like to have a name that fits the game, and specifically, the character. Shredclaw sounded like a name that would be given to/chosen by an animal/human hybrid.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Fate Testarossa.

She's my second favorite anime character. b:cute I wish Fate wasn't taken though but I got around that in JD...
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Saekheart - Sanctuary
    Saekheart - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my name wus an accident. i wus tryin to spell Sieghart like the character from rave master but misspelled it. and ever since then i used this name, its an original.
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my name wus an accident. i wus tryin to spell Sieghart like the character from rave master but misspelled it. and ever since then i used this name, its an original.

XD! Don't you love that. When you come up with good names from typos. How did you get that 'k' though? That was a messy typo b:chuckle

Nao is just a name I really like, and wish I had because it is cute, and not for old people like my real name (-_-)* And 'Shimai' is Japanese for sister, like in a religious way. And I play a cleric... so that's why I used that. NaoSensei ( Dr. Nao) seemed kind of silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • gdfl12
    gdfl12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I pick gdfl12 because I'm a big Green Day fan and my favorite/lucky number is 12.b:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Who knows, but I've used the same name online for nearly 10 years. Of course, the original is Dark-Sephiroth, but that and every single variation were already taken -.-
    so I had to shorten it and add "_" to each side. =/
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Got mine off an anime called rosario+vampire. Mizore Shirayuki.
    Mizore was already takes so i made Mizorie.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6500000/mizore-shirayuki-rosario-vampire-6576142-1024-640.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm... Why I chose my name....

It's simple really. It's a name of my favorite character to write in a story of mine that I've been working on for five years o.o

Also, I've seen it listed as meaning "courageous" or "royal"

This is the character

> CLICKIE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I had a pretty lame name I can't even remember when I first started, and I saw a barb running around with the name Alpha[something].

I thought that was kind of nice, so I made another character (LOL) with Alpha, then added an e for interest's sake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aliiceka - Heavens Tear
    Aliiceka - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I asked my bf what to name my character, so I combined the name he gave me in his phone and the name he gave me in the comic he was writing.
    b:cute
    这儿没人会简体吗?
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I chose RisenPhoenix due to several factors:

I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Many times during my life, I have in a sense 'risen from the ashes'....picked myself up off the ground after burning up in a fire of horrendous events, and rose to be a stronger, more brighter and passionate individual.

Phoenix has always been one of my major....'totem' animals, in my spiritual belief and personal life.

Someone once called me "FallenPhoenix" on world chat in Sanctuary, I wont name him. But I laughed, because if he really knew the story behind the name, he probably would think twice about saying such a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • stuartaj
    stuartaj Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I named my Character Veteran, simply because a Veteran can mean Experienced Person.. so i thought why not see if its available and it was..
    Sorry,I Rebooted b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My name backwards.
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Mrrr, I was Falon on PW-MY, but I picked it because I love the way it sounds? :< It's gaelic for 'leader' or something of that sort.
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    Roxmel - Sanctuary Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    :) made name up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -Roxmel- ;O
  • Whitewolfff - Heavens Tear
    Whitewolfff - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i'm horrible at making up names. my great ideas come after i make my toon and its too late b:cry
  • Rangris - Heavens Tear
    Rangris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I named my BM Rangris because I used to play RO (Ragnarok Online) before coming here on PW. There was a very strong boss named Valkyrie Randgris. Prettiest and most badass boss monster there. I had to tweak it a little bit because Randgris was already taken. T_T

In retrospect, I should have created an elf instead, but I like the playing style of melee fighting....

I might change, though, but I don't know. I enjoy BMs so far.
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    to get back at some ****. also, it means unique/different in some languages
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Named mine after one of the seven deadly sins(wrath and pride were takin) and lust fits a female archer the best imo :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was flag running, playing Capture the Flag in an old mecha game about 10 years ago. The radio was playing "PsychoChicken" by The Fools, a spoof of the Talking Heads hit, "Psychokiller". The drum beat even matched my feet hitting the ground. Anyway, PsychoChicken seemed a good name for a flag running idiot that everyone tries to kill so I adopted it. Besides, the best flag runner in that game at the time was called "Fluffy Duck" so my name seemed downright normal. I have seen no reason to change my name through many games and across many servers.
  • BloodJoker - Heavens Tear
    BloodJoker - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well i got the Blood part from the hellsing anime (awesome anime) and i got Joker.. surprisingly before dark night and all that.. i rand out of names and i had a deck of cards next to me with the joker card on top. hence the name bloodjoker was born!! and i love my name b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Mercy For The Weak...
    No Pity For The Dieing...
    And No Tears For The Slain!
  • mistressdevil
    mistressdevil Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I picked mistressdevil because every other Idea I thought of was invalid and I couldn't use my User name AzureFinna...I picked AzureFinna because its my name on another game called Navy Feild ^_^
  • DarkSelene - Sanctuary
    DarkSelene - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    selene is a moon goddess as i know and dark cos they wouldn`t let me use selene onlyb:laugh
  • shuejing
    shuejing Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well mine in-game is Ming Yu, which a friend of mine suggested...and honestly, I have no idea what it means, or maybe I did before but I just forgot. I saw that the game had a lot of elements in Chinese Mythology and figured that using a Chinese name would be appropriate ^^ Plus, it was a pretty cute name, I didn't mind being called Ming by my buddies there. My friend also suggested some other names, but I knew that most people would usually call you by whatever the first word was in your name (i.e.: my name is DarkCookie, so people would call me Dark).
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Because I'm a scorpio.... and the constellation for that starsign is called scorpius XD. it sounded so much better than just plain 'scorpio'b:cute
This discussion has been closed.