Faction only areas

onikara
onikara Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
Ok, more then likely one or more people have made this idea up and been rejected. Here is my version and I think even the GM's will like this one.

Ok here it goes.

A buyable instance that the leader buys for the faction to use.
It will be an instance where the faction members can hang out, relax, talk freely, etc. Now let's start describing it, shall we? ;)

The Faction Housing (which I will refer to here on out as FH), will be bought from the faction NPC in Archosuar. Upon buying the FH, the leader of the faction is given 5 Invite Stones which they are used in order to enter the FH. The leader must give these out personally to whom he/she feels deserves one. Upon giving it out to another faction member, and ONLY to a faction member, the item is stored in the quest inventory section of the player's inventory bag, thus making it unable to be traded, unable to be discarded and unable to be sold. It will remain there until said faction member leaves or is kicked form the faction, in which case it will disappear. To acquire new Invite Stones, the leader of the faction must purchase them personally from the NPC, which should be relocated to each of the starter cities and Archosaur for reasons I will explain further on. Each Invite Stone will cost approximately 3 to 5 thousand coins. Costs may vary depending on the GM's points of view.

Players who have and Invite Stone must use the Faction NPC to enter their faction's instance space or FH. The reason I said more will be needed in other cities is to alleviate the amount of players entering and exiting the FH, seeing as how Archosaur, also known as Lagosaur, is so congested already. Ideally, Faction NPC's should be placed in Etherblade, City of Plume, City of the Lost and, of course, the one already standing in Archosaur. Entering the FH will place you in your factions instance, while exiting the FH places you at the point you entered from (I.E. if you entered the FH from Etherblade, when you exit it, you will appear in Etherblade, simple enough, right?) This will prevent players using the faction houses instead of teleports, thus ensuring the game basis is not changed in the least.

Upon purchasing the FH, the leader of the faction will have a choice between 4 options or styles for the FH. Being Victorian (As in Etherblade), Dungeon (As in a FB), Elvish (As in Plume), or Ruins (As in City of the Lost). Each will be a simple instant at lvl 1 and is able to be upgraded to a max of lvl 3. With each upgrade, structure size and items will also upgrade. The higher the lvl of the FH, the more space you have to accommodate. Inside each FH you will have a random NPC as a "Door guardian" which will have the sole purpose of returning you to the main map of Perfect World. The FH's will be fully customizable ONLY by the faction's leader. Meaning he/she will be the only one able to apply the changes. The changes included: Raising the FH lvl, placing/moving furniture and decor, applying changes to the FH, etc.

Here is the GP price for FH Lv's. Oh and don't get mad at me about the price jumps. The size of the instance will be determined buy the basic size limit of the faction. (Ex. 50 for lv 1, 100 for lv 2 and 200 for lv 3)

Level 1 Factions : 10 Gold (basic version: accommodates 50 players)

Rooms in this version will be:
  1. 1 Common room
  2. 2 Spare Room
  3. 2 Bed Room Area's

Level 2 Factions : 30 Gold (medium version : accommodates 100 players)

Rooms will have the same as Level 1 and will be added:
[LIST=2]
[*] Larger Common room
[*] 2 Spare Rooms
[*] 3 Bed Room Area's
[/LIST]

Level 3 Factions : 50 Gold (large version : accommodates 200 players)

Rooms will have the same as Level 2 and will be added:
[LIST=3]
[*] Largest Common room
[*] Mess hall
[*] 2 Spare Rooms
[*] 4 Bed Room Area's
[*] Fireplace in the common room
[/LIST]

Now that we have established the sizes, lets go about explaining how the changes are made. When a FH is upgraded to a higher lvl, it will begin a countdown timer (such as in FB's) and make everyone in it leave the instance or FH. Upon re-entry, all changes will be made. Upon each upgrade, the house natural decor will also upgrade. For example, if you choose the Dungeon decor, upon upgrade, the ceiling will get higher up, perhaps more stalagmites and wall torches are placed, maybe even a lava stream or two will run through a certain area, etc.

The FH will be fully customizable as well. There will be items you can purchase from Boutique Shop such as: Chairs, Tables, Beds, Couches, Plants, Paintings, Weapon racks, Rugs, etc. Each will have a basic, medium and large setting in accordance to the lvl of your FH. If you only have a lvl 1 FH, you can only purchase or use a lvl 1 chair and table, and so on. There could also be FH Beginner Packs sold in Boutique Shop which would include:

Bronze FH pack:
1 small table
4 chairs
1 couch
1 painting

Silver FH pack:
2 medium table
6 medium chairs
2 medium couches
2 paintings
1 rug

Gold FH pack:
3 large tables
6 large chairs
2 large couches
3 paintings
2 large rugs

Prices will vary on those packs, of course.

The idea to place and put objects would be the following. The leader (yes, must be the leader) of the faction buys the items or packs and they are placed in his/her inventory and simply drag-n-dropped in the location he/she chooses. Once set, it could be picked up again by holding Alt and clicking on it, in case it is not to their liking. (Still working if and how wall and floor color could be changed, like wall paper or simply another color if you choose a style not being Dungeon)

As an added bonus players will be able to interact with the furniture, sitting in chairs or laying in a bed. This could be accomplished by having a new action only available in the FH, which for sake of time and make could be called "interact". When a player uses this action at a chair, he/she will sit, or at a bed where he/she will lay down.

Well this is the idea in development so far by the Kingblade faction. What do you all think?
Post edited by onikara on

Comments

• Anivar - Heavens Tear
    Anivar - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ive played RF Online that had a guild room, it was nice to have a place to pop a chaos pot and have someone summon a pet and just **** at you all night to lvl your defence without worrying about some pker coming along and killing you.

It was also nice to just have a rest place where you could chill or AFK or goof around with other people.

In Runes of Magic they were barely implementing the guild hall when i quit, and we all worked hard in our guild to have a guild hall. we settled for having our own houses where we threw "guild parties"

I like the idea of a guild hall/guild room etc. It seems like fun thing to have, I dont see why we cant? I mean have it set that we would have to donate so much wood/herb/steel type mats and money to a guild "bank" to be able to upgrade our guild hall. or some variation of that. It could aslo have a guild security box and stuff that you can put in mats you dont need or weps/armor that you have outlvled that can be used for guild use.

and you can sell guild furniture in the cash shop that can give added attributes like x% more of x attribute for every x sec/min/hrs you spend in the hall for x amount of time
  • omegasin
    omegasin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I could see my faction using it! Hope it gets added!!! would be awesome
  • Caleb_Cath - Sanctuary
    Caleb_Cath - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I say do it. I mean how much programing could that imply? Perhaps its more then I think but it still seems worth it to me b:victory it would be nice to be able to host your own guild parties in a guild house and just kick back with your guildees. b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like HH3-2 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • teerana
    teerana Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:victory
    YES YES YES
    We would so seriously use this with our faction!!!!

GET ON IT GM's Chop chop!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    teerana wrote: »
    b:victory
    YES YES YES
    We would so seriously use this with our faction!!!!

GET ON IT GM's Chop chop!

Until you notice that there is no way it would be only 10 gold.... heck a charm is 5 gold.... You would be looking at 200+ minimun gold if they ever make it and you would have to buy everything to put in it etc extra.

Based on the old housing system, it would cost hundred of millions of coins to get it. The question is, can they ever charge enough and have enough people buy it to be able to pay for the added cost of supporting that feature?

For that I have no answer...... I guess once the majority of the players are maxed out in level and already have their end game gear maxed out, they would probably dump money into housing, but at 2500 gold to +12 each piece of equipemtn, plus 100+mil to put in the best possible shard per shard, It will be awhile before we are in a place where people would be willing to dump hundreds of million into something that will give them no advantage in-game.

I hope that some day they do put them in though, even at 2k gold it would rock once all your gear is +12 and with the best shards money can buy.. and your warsoul weapon is also +12
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Opey - Sanctuary
    Opey - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes our faction would also use this idea too although i am not the leader of the faction but i will tell my leader about this idea and then post her thoughts of it and plz GM's dont blow this idea out the window like u already have many times before its actualy a good idea and very well detailed plus u could make moore money off it its just a little bit more of a challenge for u guys
    wise men wonder while strong men die
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is like player owned housing. I like it.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i like the idea. alot of other mmos have it, i don't see why this game in all it's greatness can't have it as well. i would also like to add maybe ncp stores where you can buy stuff you normally can't get in the game (the higher level FH the better stuff you get) for example, you can buy a bow that is stronger than any other bow at your level (altho a legend bow would still be better) think of it as a step below legend class weapon.

perhaps adding a bank in the FH would be nice as well. a password must be used to open the safe and voila! you have cash. not to avoid any coin stealing, unpon taking coin, i thin a mail should be sent to the leader and dirctor say who to what and when, and if they took the money without proper consent, they could be reported and BANNED form the game.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    . not to avoid any coin stealing, unpon taking coin, i thin a mail should be sent to the leader and dirctor say who to what and when, and if they took the money without proper consent, they could be reported and BANNED form the game.

Do you really think that it is the best use of GM time to deal with guild issues? What is next? The GMs get to choose who the leader and directors are?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not a bad idea. But why only the leader? I think that it would be better if each rank has the ability to edit more features. Since the FH is something for the whole faction, it'd make sense to let more of the faction be able to work on it. Plus, it would probably be good to be able to craft items for the house, using something like the legendary forges in Arch.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anivar - Heavens Tear
    Anivar - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    "to many hands in the cookie jar"

If they did have a guild/faction hall then the Leaders faction appointments could mean more. which would be cool.

And you could buy special forgess from Item Mall for guild house that would add extra attributes randomly. Come on devs, are you seeing the dollar signs yet?
  • Opey - Sanctuary
    Opey - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes thts true but if they put forges in the FH and an npc tht sells the mats then it would be too easy for everyone and everyone would have one. but i think tht if the FH is goin to work i say put like a mob gaurd or sumthin from keeping trespassers from entering and if they enter they have to deal with the mobs which the faction can choose wat ever mob they want as a gaurd (even bosses)
    wise men wonder while strong men die
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good ideas, good ideas. Suggested so many times and such a good idea.

GMs keep saying things along the lines of "no", "maybe", "possibly in the future", and "it may be implemented later", and "there will never be such a thing, at least not in the near future".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i think this is an excelent idea. iv been thinking it would be cool with houseing, but this way u can be with ur faction not in public. y didnt i think of that? hope the gm's actualy consider it- even though it will be a whole lota work.
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • dragoon3
    dragoon3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Instead of a Banker, each player can have a chest or locker by a bed. Just like the Banker quests you could buy a stone or find materials to increase its storage capacity. Also, you could have factions supply materials to increase its size, besides just money. You could also put in a "faction" store to help the members pay for the FH. They could put items up for sale in it and the money goes to the FH to help the faction leader upgrade the house and everything inside
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Come on devs, are you seeing the dollar signs yet?

Yeah dollar signs, this could mean many thousands of dollars for Perfect World if they did it well. Probably all factions that are semi-good and non-noobish would want it, definetly all the major factions would have it.

But its not just money, its also about keeping the players happy (yeah blah blah flame on about how its f2p). The more satisfied players you have, the more they will be willing to spend, and the more referals you'd get. Plus this has been suggested (as well as things similar to this) thousands of times.

GMs and Devs plz give it to us.

Sometimes it seems like the devs can only copy the other versions (as most players say, they copy PWMY). So this is your chance devs, to prove to us that you can do something aside from hitting ctrl + C then ctrl + V on your keyboards, unless of course this has already been implemented in PWMY (which it probably is, or is coming being such a great idea), in which case copy and paste away ;)
    But seriously give us something good (it makes your players happy and you rich, win win situation). We've been asking you again and again. Just do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Slickrick - Heavens Tear
    Slickrick - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This would be a great idea
  • J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is a great idea. Our faction would love it.
  • onikara
    edited August 2009
    I thank you all for your support and I am very glad that so many of you sent replys to this thread. Hopefully the GM's, Dev's and all the other people that made this wonderfull game can make it a reality. I thank all of you formost in supporting this and I also thank my faction for helping me plan, expand and possibly have this happen.

If any of you wish to thank us in-game and have a tele, give us a shout out and maybe even advertise this to the other players. If we get enough people behind this, the GM's would be more inclined to make "OUR" dream a reality.

Thank you PWI and god bless.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i know that u get items on wq that were never taken out for pwi. theyre items for the other PW housing systmes, i beleive they were taken out for pwi becuase its really expensive. this is my 2nd or 3rd time comenting on these. this would be cool, hang out with guild members, and have little 'lockers' of your own, sorta like a 2nd bank. u could use the WQ items to decorate, etc...
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ya its would be a kool idea
  • Slickrick - Heavens Tear
    Slickrick - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i bet this would be a good idea for the next expansion
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    careeeeeebearsssssssssss
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I see cash shop written all over this.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Until you notice that there is no way it would be only 10 gold.... heck a charm is 5 gold.... You would be looking at 200+ minimun gold if they ever make it and you would have to buy everything to put in it etc extra.

Based on the old housing system, it would cost hundred of millions of coins to get it. The question is, can they ever charge enough and have enough people buy it to be able to pay for the added cost of supporting that feature?

For that I have no answer...... I guess once the majority of the players are maxed out in level and already have their end game gear maxed out, they would probably dump money into housing, but at 2500 gold to +12 each piece of equipemtn, plus 100+mil to put in the best possible shard per shard, It will be awhile before we are in a place where people would be willing to dump hundreds of million into something that will give them no advantage in-game.

I hope that some day they do put them in though, even at 2k gold it would rock once all your gear is +12 and with the best shards money can buy.. and your warsoul weapon is also +12

A good way to deal with this cost could be a sort of mortgage on the FH. Each player in the faction with access puts a certain amount of money into a faction bank account in the hall, and every so often, a set amount is deducted until the cost is met. This could apply to both gold and coins, depending on how it is purchased.

This could be a very valuable thing for players. It could have any number of purposes: meeting ground for TW's; place to store things you no longer need; place to get things that you do need; a nice place to hang out and take a break from grinding and questing; a place for the few RP factions out there to use for their activities, and many other uses besides these. And, it might not take much effort to modify the existing housing system in the PWMY servers to do this. I'm not saying it would be easy, but very possible. And, as many others in this thread have said, a major revenue source for PWE, which I'm sure they'd like very much.

So, all in all, I don't see much of a reason why they don't do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Immortelle - Dreamweaver
    Immortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like the idea but why only 5 stones?
    why cant the whole guild have permission
    its a faction hangout meaning its for the faction
    not for the 5 people you like best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was born in love with thee
    Josh <3 22-01-2009
  • onikara
    edited September 2009
    Immortelle, the reason we say only give 5 stones is because this is more leaning twords new factions. For the leader and the 4 other starting members.
    Like so:
    1 stone = Leader
    1 stone = Director
    3 Stones = Other members.

The stones are able to be bought from the FH NPC in Archo though. So if you already have a faction and want to get everyone into this FH Instance, all you need to do is buy more stones. (most likely be bought with Coins but thats up to the GM's.)
  • Kaelyn - Harshlands
    Kaelyn - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like this idea, but it will probably take ages to implement, if ever.

If it is ever implemented, I hope it won't be a Cash Shop item or anything, but at the rate things are going, it will probably be... b:cry

Anyway, this suggestion, albeit with a little tweaking, has my vote. (:
  • Dastard - Sanctuary
    Dastard - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Do you really think that it is the best use of GM time to deal with guild issues? What is next? The GMs get to choose who the leader and directors are?

I've played MMO's before with guild money/item storage and the best system I saw worked like this:

Any member can withdraw or deposit any amount of money or items into storage, however a log was kept so that all members could see who was contributing and who was leaching. The ranking members could then discipline/eject those who were simply draining off the work of others.

In PWI sending a mail to the leader and directors seems like a good substitution for a log since they are the only ones that can demote/eject, anyway.

And I know the idea of longer faction slogans/titles has been suggested, but I couldn't find any GM responsed on it, anything definite?