Pickaxe ripoff's....

2»

Comments

• Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We can make a cat shop next to them with "<-- Rip off sales" as shop name images-11121.jpg.

I got a seller account I run on my laptop I use to do this.. all those people selling healing orbs as subs get my attention quick. Usually put something like <<SCAMMER right beside them and check back while I play. If they move I just move to their new spot till they give up.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only way to "fix" this "problem" would be to remove all player-to-player trading (that includes CS). If players could only sell to npc and buy from npc, than there would be no issues... and for those that want CS items, get a job, and charge some zen... problem solved.

Are you sure this is what you want to see happening?

Sorry to be completely rude but this is a terribly ignorant comment. I don't know where you live but where I live jobs are scarce and I am pulling enough to get by... Not to mention I am sure children play this game who parents will not give them money for virtual ponies...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to be completely rude but this is a terribly ignorant comment. I don't know where you live but where I live jobs are scarce and I am pulling enough to get by... Not to mention I am sure children play this game who parents will not give them money for virtual ponies...

That post was showing the worst case scenario and what you would have to do if that system was implemented. o_o; Not telling you to get a job and buy cash shop items, but saying that's what you'd HAVE to do to remove scammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

My original post, notice the part in bold.

"The only way to "fix" this "problem" would be to remove all player-to-player trading (that includes CS). If players could only sell to npc and buy from npc, than there would be no issues... and for those that want CS items, get a job, and charge some zen... problem solved.

Are you sure this is what you want to see happening?"

This post is about people over charging for items, and how to prevent that.
    The only way to prevent it, is to remove all player to player trading. Than everyone sells to npc and buys from npcs. And people that have money, buy gold and get cash shop items, and people that cannot afford that, well... they dont get them. That way nobody gets scammed or overcharged

As you can see, it would solve the problem of scamming and over charging. However, I did ask "are you sure this is what you want".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Bordeaux - Lost City
    Bordeaux - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This may sound noobish, and flame me if I'm wrong, but what if there were more auctionhouses and all trading was done through there. That would fix the problem, maybe?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This may sound noobish, and flame me if I'm wrong, but what if there were more auctionhouses and all trading was done through there. That would fix the problem, maybe?

Yep.

We'd also have people upset over being unable to give away things to friends, or things along those lines due to people camping the AH for good deals.

Also you'd be unable to directly give others coin since I'd assuming removing non-AH forms of trade would include the ability for coin/items to be sent through the mail.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    That post was showing the worst case scenario and what you would have to do if that system was implemented. o_o; Not telling you to get a job and buy cash shop items, but saying that's what you'd HAVE to do to remove scammers.

If this was how it was meant to be portrayed then my apologies IceJazmin I read your comment from a completely different point of view.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If this was how it was meant to be portrayed then my apologies IceJazmin I read your comment from a completely different point of view.

No harm done... :) happens to all of us.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    PWI life kinda resembles RL....economy get crappy then the cons start coming out...really dont feel bad for the cons or against them..hell i dont blame them for doing anything they can in the game to get coins..gota do what u gotta do to survive since **** on anything in this game is to high since day one.

What is wrong with grinding and questing? On a single quest I can get 50-100k in drops alone and that doesn't include drops valuable to players & the actual coin I pick up.

Sorry but con artists are just lazy thieves who try to take advantage of others for a quick buck.